Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ebron/L

Mr.Debonair

13 minutes ago, Calmack said:

I think he's not on the field that much because he's not a good blocker. It kind of telegraphs plays in my opinion; he's not in there to block usually. 

But we don't really use him as a TE....we dont ask him to block anything but DBs.

he's actually playing WR ..he's just a very tall one.

And 'telegraph what we're doing" ?  Sure we do. We're throwing 35-40 times a game and every body knows it

Doug...... barely could contain himself......  He's a "nice receiver"  I figure if Doyle had Ebron's numbers, DD would love them, and laud them all over.... but, Ebron doesn't look like Doyle, and Jack doesn't have great ynumbers, so Ebron must be lousier than Doyle.... because, well.... Doyle..... and he's from the Indy area!, and well, Doyle....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

But we don't really use him as a TE....we dont ask him to block anything but DBs.

he's actually playing WR ..he's just a very tall one.

And 'telegraph what we're doing" ?  Sure we do. We're throwing 35-40 times a game and every body knows it

The past 4 out of 5 games I think we only passed around +/- 30 times once. We haven't been airing it out as much recently attempts-wise. 

39 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Man what a pickup. I know he’s not on the field a lot but man he is making plays and  reliable for Luck!! CB hit a home run

Inman has been good too

As soon as we signed him I said I liked it and he was our #1 TE. Of course I got flak for that from Doyle's fans.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

As soon as we signed him I said I liked it and he was our #1 TE. Of course I got flak for that from Doyle's fans.

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Ebron is not our number one TE.   Doyle is.    Ebron was brought in to be our number two TE.   And he’s been great in that roll.   But he’s not our number one.

That’s why you got/get flak.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ebron is not our number one TE.   Doyle is.    Ebron was brought in to be our number two TE.   And he’s been great in that roll.   But he’s not our number one.

That’s why you got/get flak.

sure..... if it makes you feel better, label them however you want.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not sure why Ebron gets compared to TEs.  I guess because that's where you'd list a tall fast receiver who lines up where he does.  I mean, stats are only relevant if they are placed in some sort of bucket, but there's is a smarter way to look at it.

He's a nice receiver to have.  But other are too.

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Did anyone else notice that CBS listed him as a WR when introducing our offense at the beginning of the game?

It's not a secret how we use him in this offense.

Also not a secret that he's played awesome this year.  Doyle has done well as well, just different roles.  Doyle could not do what Ebron is, and Ebron couldn't do what Doyle is...... it's a win/win for the team..... arguing is approaching the idiocy of Pacers fans with Domas/Turner... lol  team needs them both, utilizes them both, it's all good...... Doyle and Ebron had TD's today, blocks, catches, all necessary for the W.....  

Just now, DougDew said:

Not sure why Ebron gets compared to TEs.  I guess because that's where you'd list a tall fast receiver who lines up where he does.  You gotta put statistics in some sort of bucket, but there's is a smarter way to look at it.

I don't want to pigeonhole Doyle as a TE just because he's slow, but if you insist.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Not sure why Ebron gets compared to TEs.  I guess because that's where you'd list a tall fast receiver who lines up where he does.  You gotta put statistics in some sort of bucket, but there's is a smarter way to look at it.

because he's a TE..... where do you list Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham, Travis Kelce, Rob Gronkowski..... etc.

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Also not a secret that he's played awesome this year.  Doyle has done well as well, just different roles.  Doyle could not do what Ebron is, and Ebron couldn't do what Doyle is...... it's a win/win for the team..... arguing is approaching the idiocy of Pacers fans with Domas/Turner... lol  team needs them both, utilizes them both, it's all good...... Doyle and Ebron had TD's today, blocks, catches, all necessary for the W.....  

I don't want to pigeonhole Doyle as a TE just because he's slow, but if you insist.

Why get upset?

I think Doyle is asked to block fairly often.  Receivers aren't asked to do that very much.

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

because he's a TE..... where do you list Tony Gonzalez, Jimmy Graham, Travis Kelce, Rob Gronkowski..... etc.

OK.  If you say so.

Why get upset?

I think Doyle is asked to block fairly often.  Receivers aren't asked to do that very much.

OK.  If you say so.

Not upset, hell, had an amazing weekend, hope you did as well.  Yeah, TE position has changed a ton in the last ten years, heck, last 5.  TE's today might not have been TE's 7 years ago..... but things evolve, how many killer FB's are there in the league?  

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

He's one of the best receivers in the league right now.

Period.

This is true, dude's numbers rival anyone else's, TE, or WR.... not sure the hard on some have about delineating his position, unless it's just they are fanboys of some dudes who aren't getting the glory this year....

Just now, Shafty138 said:

Not upset, hell, had an amazing weekend, hope you did as well.  Yeah, TE position has changed a ton in the last ten years, heck, last 5.  TE's today might not have been TE's 7 years ago..... but things evolve, how many killer FB's are there in the league?  

Yeah I know all of that.  Except the part where he had an amazing weekend.  Other receivers around the NFL have weekends like his.

Doyle is Damon Bailey..... grity, hard working overachiever..... love the dude, need him on your team....  but a guy supplanting him at the pro level isn't the end of the world, you can, and should, have both on your team, witness today.....  needed Jack and Ebron

Just now, DougDew said:

Yeah I know all of that.  Except the part where he had an amazing weekend.  Other receivers around the NFL have weekends like his.

I had an amazing weekend, hoped you did as well, wasn't meaning Ebron lol

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

He's one of the best receivers in the league right now.

Period.

But others would be better than they are if they went against a LB or an in the box Safety.  Not sure how much he does that, but I assume that's why they call him a TE.

also, not many WR's or TE's have had weekends like his, the guy is flat out producing, not sure why you have an issue with that....

Just now, DougDew said:

But others would be better than they are if they went against a LB or an in the box Safety.  Not sure how much he does that, but I assume that's why they call him a TE.

others would be better if..... jesus..... Ebron's only good because other teams are too dumb to figure him out now?  good grief man

I was intrigued by Ebron , similarly like I was intrigued by Sammy Watkins in FA. A high draft pick loaded with talent and physical ability that wasn't in an ideal environment to prosper. 

One got a reasonable deal , the other didn't. 

Happy with our guy. Well done Ballard.

3 minutes ago, DougDew said:

You're right, this wasn't an "amazing" weekend for Ebron.  Two TDs is an "average" game for Ebron.

So when he does it week after week after week, it ends up being an amazing season and an amazing FA signing by Ballard.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

You're right, this wasn't an "amazing" weekend for Ebron.  Two TDs is an "average" game for Ebron.

So when he does it week after week after week, it ends up being an amazing season and an amazing FA signing by Ballard.

I don't know why you guys keep quoting me.  I think Ebron is a nice receiver to have and was a good pickup since the guys we had last year were not the same quality.

I'm simply saying that I put him in the receiver statistics bucket.  And realize if I then compare him to other receivers its not like he's Julio Jones who gets his stats from going up against the #1 CB.  I assume TY draws that guy.