Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Happy Thanksgiving. What I'm Thankful for.

Lawrence Owen

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, I am off work now for a few days and out at mom's. She always cooks a big feast with a Turkey and Ham, Stuffing, Mash Potatoes, Green Beans, Mac N Cheese, Rolls, and whatever else. I am thankful for that and thankful for family as my mom, step-dad, and biological father are still living. My mom is doing real well. I am thankful for friends as well and thankful for Colts Football, Cubs Baseball, and Pacers Basketball. Colts (2006) and Cubs (2016) have their Championship, just waiting on the Pacers now to get 1 :thmup:. One last thing I am very thankful as a sports fan that Andrew Luck is 100% healthy, Colts are now winning again and fun to watch!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

We brighten your day?! I feel like a lot of posters don’t go for the “I’m going to make someone’s day” and rather go for “how many people can I make roll their eyes when they see the thread title ‘Will we win???’, then the starting comment be “WILL WE????!!!!!!””

Joking aside, I’m glad we make your day! :D Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ColtsBlitz said:

We brighten your day?! I feel like a lot of posters don’t go for the “I’m going to make someone’s day” and rather go for “how many people can I make roll their eyes when they see the thread title ‘Will we win???’, then the starting comment be “WILL WE????!!!!!!””

Joking aside, I’m glad we make your day! :D Happy Thanksgiving!

Honest opinions and Colts talk always make my day.  Even if someone opinion differs from mine.  That gives me a reason to share mine even more.  haha

• Like 5

1 hour ago, braveheartcolt said:

Not sure what a Scotsman living in France is supposed to do today, but I will make sure I raise a glass to all you nice American townsfolk. Have a great holiday, and if you have a chance to go for those last two potatoes, don't. Settle for one.

Best.

But but... analytics suggests over time the riskier two potatoe approach pays off.

Happy Thanksgiving mon frere :P

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

P.S.  I am thankful for this forum and all you guy/gals.  I do not have anyone in my immediate circle to talk Colts/football with on a regular basis.  You brighten my day each and every time I log on. Thank you!

Well stated. Same here!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, I am off work now for a few days and out at mom's. She always cooks a big feast with a Turkey and Ham, Stuffing, Mash Potatoes, Green Beans, Mac N Cheese, Rolls, and whatever else.

Address and dinner time? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Not sure what a Scotsman living in France is supposed to do today, but I will make sure I raise a glass to all you nice American townsfolk. Have a great holiday, and if you have a chance to go for those last two potatoes, don't. Settle for one.

Best.

But I average 5.2 potatoes per carry! :lol:

Thanks BHC and have a great Euro day!

• Like 2

Happy Thanksgiving to all. 

Thank you for letting me be part of your community. When I signed up years ago, I was not sure if fans of other teams were allowed here, but I took a chance and signed up. The rest is history. 

I am thankful to all those who make the forum what it is: a place to enjoy sports and life. 

Warm regards to all. Enjoy the day. :thanks:

P.S. Good Luck to the Colts the rest of the year. The Colts offense looks great! 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all. 

Thank you for letting me be part of your community. When I signed up years ago, I was not sure if fans of other teams were allowed here, but I took a chance and signed up. The rest is history. 

I am thankful to all those who make the forum what it is: a place to enjoy sports and life. 

Warm regards to all. Enjoy the day. :thanks:

P.S. Good Luck to the Colts the rest of the year. The Colts offense looks great! 

I am always thankful to have an outside perspective on views. Fans like you make NFL discussions more interesting :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I am happy for my family, home, friends, health.

I am happy for a healthy Andrew Luck.  That the one dude (not speaking the one who should not be named) backed out of the head coaching job.  That Reich said yes!  That Nelson is who we all hoped he was when he was drafted.  That Leonard is WAY more than we had hoped.  That Guj is our O-line coach.  That we did not let go of Sheard and Hunt this year.  That Ballard stuck to his guns on how he would rebuild our team.  That my 13 year old son is finally paying attention to football (Colts mainly!) And that their are so many upside players on this team.

Oh, yeah, I am thankful to the Colts that they moved from Baltimore 34 years ago!  :cheer::colts:

P.S.  I am thankful for this forum and all you guy/gals.  I do not have anyone in my immediate circle to talk Colts/football with on a regular basis.  You brighten my day each and every time I log on. Thank you!

I know what you mean.  Not many Colts fans here either! 

Counting your blessings is not just a pithy saying.  It's really true.  You might have to look a bit harder for those blessings, but they're always there!  You focus on them and you'd be surprised how things start to lighten up!  (The only time it doesn't work is after a Colts loss).

Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Colts fans! 

• Like 2

It’s so easy to take things for granted. Even something as simple as clean water to drink. Good to have one day to think about how blessed we are.

I’m thankful for the “greatest generation” that pulled together to fight evil in WWII. And all those who served after.

I’m thankful for the time I have with family and friends. In the end, those memories are all we have.

I’m thankful for being a Colts’ fan. For Josh McDaniel saying “no, I rather stay with my sorry-butt team that will try to win by any means necessary”.

I’m thankful to have lived long enough to have 3 exceptional children and 7 beautiful grandchildren, to have rooted for Johnny Unitas, Bert Jones, Jim Harabaugh, Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck. 

For the entire Colts Organization from top to bottom that is doing things the right way.

And for my fellow Colts’ fans that have known the heartache and euphoria of being a Colts’ fan. 

GO COLTS AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!

• Like 4