Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly

Tombstone

So does anyone have confirmation that an MRI was performed?  If not , it's probably due to HIPPA laws which protects all info but usually the Colts are pretty forthcoming with that.  Look for Ryan himself to be making some comments soon.  Anyone know if he regularly updates a twitter page?  Sorry , i didn't check, i always find the parody ones, lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stitches said:

So they are not even certain if he will be week to week. This seems like pretty good news. Sounds like some mild sprain. Even if he misses a game or two, this is still much better than the alternative.

Hyperextension? Sprain? Either way, if it were season ending, I think we'd heard by now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, #12. said:

Back to the topic.  Whoever the 1070 guy is said Kelly was walking just fine.

Who knows, he already had a slight knee issue.  Maybe he misses no time.

We knew it wasn't an ACL, because (I'm going to level with you here) the physician examining it on the field knows before player is taken to the locker room.  They have on field tests for it. It's just the team sometimes likes to have the MR results to confirm it before announcing it, usually.

But there are 3 other ligaments, and any (or even multiples of them) could be stretched/torn.  And there are grades of stretch/tear, from mild to severe.  Dr. Chao pointed out that people getting rolled upon in a pile has a risk of High ankle sprain, or MCL.  But there was no good video of his injury, so nothing to base upon. Both of these can sideline a player for weeks. Mild sprains to the LCL and/or PCL might be nagging enough to hold him out a week or two. We still don't know yet.

We are still waiting for MRI results (which the team has by now). OTOH, Ryan Kelly himself said this injury was different from the one that had kept him out of last Friday’s practice, but it was on that same knee.  From the reports above (if they're credible), Kelly might be better than first feared when it was known he was to have a MR scan on the knee, but I'm cautiously optimistic while still waiting for the full report.  I'm not yet ready to fully buy in on to Reich's “I’m not ready to put a ‘week-to-week’ status on it yet, (but) he could miss a little time,” as a statement he'll only miss a week or two, if any at all. He did say this-

“We’re going to take a few days to monitor and access it a little bit further before we give it any status. But he could miss a little time.’’

4 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Does this mean no surgery necessary?

No ACL or MCL issues?

Any thoughts?

More than likely Kelly is fine now. Just a minor injury in all likelyhood. There has been zero mention of any fear of an ACL or MCL tear, they already did the MRI yesterday and didn't announce anything (which they would of if there was a tear). What's likely is that Kelly is going to miss a couple weeks and they are trying to estimate a timeline, or they are going to do a press conference about it to discuss what happened. I can guarantee he doesn't have an ACL or MCL tear though, or it would of been announced already after the MRI. We dodged a bullet. :thmup:

3 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

You realize if the Titans beat the Texans next week, and Indy beats them later...there is a good chance Indy take the division, right?  That sounds so freakin crazy to think. Especially after a 1-5 start.

Assuming the Colts win all their games.  Miami may not be a cake walk.  They are also 5-5 and fighting for a playoff spot.   Then at Jacksonville and at the Texans.   While not the hardest road, not easy.  

I think it comes down to 5 teams fighting for 1 spot.   Ravens, Dolphins, Colts, Titans and the Bengals.  The Texans have 4 of their last 6 games at home and are playing well, so I think they take the division.   It's going to be tough, but with a win Sunday against the Dolphins will clear it up a bit. 

48 minutes ago, Myles said:

Assuming the Colts win all their games.  Miami may not be a cake walk.  They are also 5-5 and fighting for a playoff spot.   Then at Jacksonville and at the Texans.   While not the hardest road, not easy.  

I think it comes down to 5 teams fighting for 1 spot.   Ravens, Dolphins, Colts, Titans and the Bengals.  The Texans have 4 of their last 6 games at home and are playing well, so I think they take the division.   It's going to be tough, but with a win Sunday against the Dolphins will clear it up a bit. 

Agree with what you said for sure, we need Kelly really bad during this stretch,,,that's why when I saw him not get up I flew up off the couch and was doing circles in the house, repeating please no, please no, please no......  I mean, the playoffs might be a stretch, but this team needs to somehow, someway, get close to 100% healthy so that we can make a push. (then we also know who we truly are).  Crossing fingers that we are 90% healthy and on the uptrend, not the downtrend.

• Like 1

SIAP

https://www.colts.com/news/ryan-kelly-could-miss-a-little-time-with-knee-injury

Colts are saying Ryan Kelly could "miss a little time" and Reich says he feels like they will have a better estimate by the end of the week.

I would say that's good news.  Sounds like the MRI revealed no major tears.  So nothing that is going to require surgery.  

Reich also says that they are more optimistic about Margus Hunt right now.  

I would say this means that Kelly is almost certainly out against the Phins and we don't know after that.  Meanwhile Hunt is probably questionable.  Guess we will see how their status evolves over the week. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

SIAP

https://www.colts.com/news/ryan-kelly-could-miss-a-little-time-with-knee-injury

Colts are saying Ryan Kelly could "miss a little time" and Reich says he feels like they will have a better estimate by the end of the week.

I would say that's good news.  Sounds like the MRI revealed no major tears.  So nothing that is going to require surgery.  

Reich also says that they are more optimistic about Margus Hunt right now.  

I would say this means that Kelly is almost certainly out against the Phins and we don't know after that.  Meanwhile Hunt is probably questionable.  Guess we will see how their status evolves over the week. 

Good news here. He'll probably miss 2-3 weeks. Get him back healthy, and hopefully the O-Line stays stout until he returns. All that matters is we avoided the worst case scenario.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

More than likely Kelly is fine now. Just a minor injury in all likelyhood. There has been zero mention of any fear of an ACL or MCL tear, they already did the MRI yesterday and didn't announce anything (which they would of if there was a tear). What's likely is that Kelly is going to miss a couple weeks and they are trying to estimate a timeline, or they are going to do a press conference about it to discuss what happened. I can guarantee he doesn't have an ACL or MCL tear though, or it would of been announced already after the MRI. We dodged a bullet. :thmup:

I'm not ready to celebrate just yet.  We still don't know any details.  Its all speculation based on little information.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I'm not ready to celebrate just yet.  We still don't know any details.  Its all speculation based on little information.

It said on the link above that Ryan Kelly "may miss a little time" and that it's too early to attach a week to week status on him. That means they took the MRI and at worst he'll be "week to week", out for a certain number of weeks, and at best he may play next week. If you combine the info on the link, it pretty much guarantees he has no tears of any kind.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

It said on the link above that Ryan Kelly "may miss a little time" and that it's too early to attach a week to week status on him. That means they took the MRI and at worst he'll be "week to week", out for a certain number of weeks, and at best he may play next week. If you combine the info on the link, it pretty much guarantees he has no tears of any kind.

You were fine until the last sentence.

Did you know that a sprain is a tear?

The worse the sprain the bigger the tear.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm not disagreeing with that notion. In fact, I think you are correct.  I'm just hesitant to be relieved until we hear more from Reich in his injury report and conference tomorrow.  Its entirely possible they need to do a scope or something along those lines. Or even a second MRI with Contrast to see the injury.  My ACL tear showed up on my MRI, my PCL, MCL and menicus tears didn't show up until they did one with contrast the morning of my surgery, over a month later.  It ended up going from just an ACL tear to a multi torn event just like that. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I'm not disagreeing with that notion. In fact, I think you are correct.  I'm just hesitant to be relieved until we hear more from Reich in his injury report and conference tomorrow.  Its entirely possible they need to do a scope or something along those lines. Or even a second MRI with Contrast to see the injury.  My ACL tear showed up on my MRI, my PCL, MCL and menicus tears didn't show up until they did one with contrast the morning of my surgery, over a month later.  It ended up going from just an ACL tear to a multi torn event just like that. 

Fair enough. I'll wait until the official announcement.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I have enough tears for the both of us.  :Cry:

31 minutes ago, MTC said:

Unofficially confirms that Kelly will be out for two to three games.

The one positive that may come out of this, is that we may have picked up a depth lineman in Andrews who could work out for us without using a draft pick. Hope he can hold the fort down.