Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly

Tombstone

On 11/20/2018 at 11:17 AM, csmopar said:

I'm not ready to celebrate just yet.  We still don't know any details.  Its all speculation based on little information.

Ditto.

And (despite being ignorant, apparently),  as more time passes more speculation can be made until detail come forth.  I still think it is early.   As of now, I pretty much rule out any ACL or LCL because those generally require surgery to fix, and there's no indication that is on the docket.  OTOH, MCL injuries repair themselves.  A Grade 1 (microscopic injury) could be just a couple weeks, and higher grades (partial to full tears) will take longer. I think an Achilles injury can be ruled out, and high ankle sprain seems remote as well.  But waiting for real results/reports is still the prudent posture right now.

• Thanks 1

I think Boehm will be fine against the Dolphins but I'm worried about facing J'Ville and Houston with Kelly out. Those are some stout fronts, and while we have been raving about Big Q, and Smith, and even Glow, Ryan Kelly is the guy the team has been saying is the best Center in pro football. Gonna be tough to win those roadies without him. 

• Like 1

Just now, CamMo said:

Sprained MCL confirmed.

Still confused though.  Per Bowens tweet, it says Kelly has an mcl sprain, but then goes on to say he's waiting on mri results??  Did he get another one?  Are they still evaluating the initial one?  Still looks like there's more info to come. 

11 minutes ago, CamMo said:

Sprained MCL confirmed.

8 minutes ago, cbear said:

Still confused though.  Per Bowens tweet, it says Kelly has an mcl sprain, but then goes on to say he's waiting on mri results??  Did he get another one?  Are they still evaluating the initial one?  Still looks like there's more info to come. 

source?

1 hour ago, cbear said:

Physicians/ATC’ s likely had a good idea before the scan was even ordered. Looking for severity of injury, and see/rule out anything else going on in there : confirmation.

They probably have the results, just don’t have to be fully technical to press or fans.

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

pretty crazy that the bowen post was 3 hours ago and kelly says he's still waiting for MRI results.  this does not sound good.  trainers/doctors always use the word "strain" until they know the extend of the torn or damaged ligaments.

They have the test result by now, no question. They know a lot more than they are telling us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

You're late to the party by about 24 hours there bud

Yeah.  Not sure why this posted again. 

Looks like though Bowen clarified.  Kelly did have an mri on Monday which revealed the mcl sprain.  He then got a second opinion on the mri on Wednesday.  They are waiting on the findings for that one.