Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Kelly

Tombstone

I didn't see the play when he got hurt but for me I hoping he doesn't try to rush back if not healthy enough.  I know a playoff spot is on the horizon and with a win against Miami things will be looking very interesting....  But we are witnessing what Kelly is when healthy and would not want to see him make the injury worse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

We can take care of the Dolphins without him but need him for the remaining divisional games.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or a "the league hates the Colts!" -ist, but it seems like lately we get a lot of teams coming off their bye. Matter of fact, it seems like we always come out of the bye against another team coming off their bye. I'm sure the discrepancy seems greater in my mind than it really is, but it seems like we don't get the full benefit of having a bye week like other teams do.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Superman said:

I'm not a conspiracy theorist or a "the league hates the Colts!" -ist, but it seems like lately we get a lot of teams coming off their bye. Matter of fact, it seems like we always come out of the bye against another team coming off their bye. I'm sure the discrepancy seems greater in my mind than it really is, but it seems like we don't get the full benefit of having a bye week like other teams do.

I'm glad you mentioned that because I was thinking the same thing last week when I realized that Jacksonville had the same week off we did.

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Unfortunately, knee injury, ruled out for rest of game, then a follow up MRI scheduled for Monday tell me there is a good chance of some type of ligament injury.  Hopefully the ACL is spared.

that's why im crossing my fingers , ACL is a big fear of course.  You can walk off of a field with an ACL, it just depends on how bad the tear is.  Many people are asked to stay active before the surgery to keep it strong.  If it's a partially torn medial collateral ligament, those can heal on their own but would likely spell IR for Kelly.  An NFL lineman knee takes a beating, so the structure has to be sound to take a pounding.  I love this offensive line, i hope he's back b4 EOS.

11 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Unfortunately, knee injury, ruled out for rest of game, then a follow up MRI scheduled for Monday tell me there is a good chance of some type of ligament injury.  Hopefully the ACL is spared.

Knee injury followed by MRI is a bad sign.  

8 hours ago, cbear said:

The good thing is that boehm will be surrounded by talent.  Watching him in the fourth, I think we will still be OK. 

Boehm seems to be an adequate stop gap for now. Let’s just hope that we don’t have to use him for the rest of the season, rather a game or two. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, a06cc said:

He seemed fine in an interview. He was pulled as a precaution. We were up by 30 points. No need to risk further injury. 

I hope you’re right but we’ve seen many players over the years walk off and then IR after MRI results are confirmed. Heck, I believe Edge walked off and he tore his knee up too. 

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Who said that? Just curious.   I don't watch every game

According to his coach, Ryan Kelly is the best center in the NFL.

“I’ve coached Pro Bowl centers," Indianapolis Colts offensive-line coach Dave DeGuglielmo said. "I’ve been around Nick Mangold, (Mike) Pouncey. I’ve had some really good, athletic ones, strong ones, smart ones. He’s the most complete center I’ve ever coached. I have no doubt he’s the best center in the National Football League. He’s the most complete guy. Turn the tape on, find me one better.

5 hours ago, Mitch Connors said:

According to his coach, Ryan Kelly is the best center in the NFL.

“I’ve coached Pro Bowl centers," Indianapolis Colts offensive-line coach Dave DeGuglielmo said. "I’ve been around Nick Mangold, (Mike) Pouncey. I’ve had some really good, athletic ones, strong ones, smart ones. He’s the most complete center I’ve ever coached. I have no doubt he’s the best center in the National Football League. He’s the most complete guy. Turn the tape on, find me one better.

I have believed after watching him his rookie season he was made for a very good guard. And shared that. He has ideal size. 6'4 311. He has power, good feet, and has very good speed to pull.
All that works to make a very good Center or Guard.

• Like 2

I went to check, Dr. Chao chimed in-

Unfortunately, no view of the injury, just his speculation too.

For those that want to know the ligaments of the knee, their location and function:

Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) - The ligament, located in the center of the knee, that controls rotation and forward movement of the tibia (shin bone).
Posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) - The ligament, located in the center of the knee, that controls backward movement of the tibia (shin bone).
Medial collateral ligament (MCL) - The ligament that gives stability to the inner knee
Lateral collateral ligament (LCL) - The ligament that gives stability to the outer knee.

• Thanks 1