Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts playoff chance thread

Lucky1

I highly doubt the colts will be able to go 6-1 or 5-2 these last 7 games. I think we are trending in the right direction but see us finishing 7-9 or 8-8.  The Titans are a sneaky good team and my money is on them to win the division if Mariotta stays healthy. We will drop one game to them this season.  I also see us losing to the Texans at Houston.  The other two questionable games are vs the Cowboys and at the Jags.  Both games will be tough to win and most likely will drop one of them if not both. 

This three game win streak is nice and very promising for the future.  However, we are playing very young players that will be facing the rookie wall soon and young players have trouble consistently making plays to finish off opponents.  It’s a wait and see game from here. 

The fan in me sees the Colts schedule and thinks they could go 7-0. 

• Like 1

It makes such a difference even to be talking about play off chances this season, Sunday's game is the clincher in my opinion, if we beat Tennesse I think we will be in good shape, lose and it becomes very challenging. One stat they said on TV last night was that Luck has now gone 4 games without a sack, what change in protection that is. I also think looking back the loss to the Jets may come back to bite us, given their results since that games makes it even more of a scunner to have lost to them.

Anyway, Hope springs eternal (at least until next Sunday anyway).

The Colts were one call away from losing that game yesterday. And AGAIN the Defense made Bortles look like an all pro again in the 2nd half. This Defense needs to tighten up quite a bit if they expect to go anywhere.  

You can't expect the Offense to have to score 30 points every game just to have a chance for a win.  

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

The Colts were one call away from losing that game yesterday. And AGAIN the Defense made Bortles look like an all pro again in the 2nd half. This Defense needs to tighten up quite a bit if they expect to go anywhere.  

You can't expect the Offense to have to score 30 points every game just to have a chance for a win.  

I think most fans knew this defense was going to be the Achilles heel coming into the season. The burst of sacks and turn overs to begin with gave us false hope that it was fixed though and now we are seeing what it truly is, a big work in progress.

Having a rookie defensive coordinator is showing it’s ugly head as well I think. We seem to have the same lapses every series in multiple games now. Trying to solve the adjustments on the other side is proving hard on a DC who doesn’t have experience to pull from and mix in successful adjustments of his own to counter. No pass rush, no coverage of dump offs and screens are killing us with chunk plays. Jax QB is a guy just on the verge of being permanently benched before playing us and he put up a solid 300+ yard passing game. How we continue to get teams in 3rd and 15+ and allow conversions so often is baffling to say the least.

I know we have some interesting guys coming up in Turay and Leonard and perhaps Lewis but is this DC getting the most out of his guys with scheming them into successful positions? That soft soft middle area is killing us and having corners that are putrid is not helping out the back end. Coming off a bye week, I hoped our defense would have fixed some of these gaps but it didn’t look like they did any work on it. 

1 hour ago, lollygagger8 said:

thats how the good teams have been winning this year, but our Defenses is among the worst in the league and not stopping anyone

i think we could make a run with an offensive Juggernaut and a mediocre D, but they have a ways to go to be mediocre 

On 11/12/2018 at 2:32 PM, lollygagger8 said:

Why not re the 30 points? We scored 29 in one half versus a decent Jags D....

On 11/12/2018 at 1:12 PM, kcccolts said:

It makes such a difference even to be talking about play off chances this season, Sunday's game is the clincher in my opinion, if we beat Tennesse I think we will be in good shape, lose and it becomes very challenging. One stat they said on TV last night was that Luck has now gone 4 games without a sack, what change in protection that is. I also think looking back the loss to the Jets may come back to bite us, given their results since that games makes it even more of a scunner to have lost to them.

Anyway, Hope springs eternal (at least until next Sunday anyway).

Not sure 'scunner' is a well known word round these parts. I liked it though......

On 11/12/2018 at 7:47 PM, #12. said:

If we get the 6th seed, we will almost certainly get the Steelers or Patriots.  Their head-to-head in a few weeks might decide it.  Currently, it would be the Pats.  

Is this meant to be a - so what, we'll just lose to a "good" team post?

Gotta beat the best to be the best my man.... You should only be facing good teams in the playoffs.... that's kind of the point.

Outside of the Kelly injury, good day - beatdown on Tennessee and the Bengals lose.  

Steelers came back, so if we were to get in, it would currently be the Pats. 

Probably have to run the table to get the division. 

• Like 1

kelly and hunt injuries and lingering injury for hooker looming big right now.... that said.... yea, Myles, you are correct, we needed some help from washington and didn't get it.  the other wild-card hopefuls are ahead of us at this stage with not so tough games to go (we have the harder schedule)....so if we take care of ourselves , we still can only scoreboard watch.  hoping for a good defensive draft and our o-line to be 100% coming out of training camp next year.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We have a game left with Houston. So by beating them we can make up the tiebreaker disadvantage that we currently have.

Yeah, and they have another division loss as well.

Chargers have the Steelers, Chiefs, Ravens and Broncos again.  They might come back to the pack.  Not impossible to catch them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, #12. said:

Yeah, and they have another division loss as well.

Chargers have the Steelers, Chiefs, Ravens and Broncos again.  They might come back to the pack.  Not impossible to catch them.  

We also in the Hunt for the 2nd wildcard spot. There are 5 teams tied for it....Colts, Bengals, Ravens, Dolphins, Titans.

I doubt Bengals or Phinns get it... Ravens I think have rookie QB going and Titans Mariota hurt hand again.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 6:47 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

I personally won’t entertain the possibility until we are at least a .500 football team.  We are playing better.  We will need to continue to do so.  Tough game with the Titans is next. 

Looks like it’s time for me to begin to entertain the possibility.  Colts are playing better ball. Hopefully they take down the Dolphins next and start to get my mind really going.  Lol