Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LB Skai Moore Waived

TKnight24

5 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

again...geuss they don't think to highly of him. Im not sure how i feel about Ballard letting these early round draft picks go so soon. It seems if you don't show up right away he is fairly content to eat the draft pick and let you walk lol!

Wasn't he a udfa?

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Skai Moore was a UDFA, NOT a early round draft pick.

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Wasn't he a udfa?

yes you are both correct, for some reason i was thinking about Turay... ok i feel better about it now lol!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

yes you are both correct, for some reason i was thinking about Turay... ok i feel better about it now lol!

Barring a complete meltdown, Turay isn’t going anywhere 

They’re very high on him and pleased what he’s done thus far

Now that we’re nearing Tyquan coming back, they’re raving about him now too. Defensive part of the 2018 draft is starting to shape up pretty well 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Now that we’re nearing Tyquan coming back, they’re raving about him now too. Defensive part of the 2018 draft is starting to shape up pretty well 

I love it, i think i was definitely jumping to conclusions after seeing Basham get picked up by the Jets...other than him though Ballards defensive draft picks looks solid.

20 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

Also would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you for posting all the news on this forum, your basically my go to for Colts news, many thanks.

23 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

2019 class is loaded too. Excited about the possibility 

37 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

The disappointing thing to me is that the NFL has failed to adequately increase roster size, in both game day roster and total roster.  A team shouldn’t have to keep “waiving” guys in order to bring up a player for a needed position due to injury.

If they cant increase the roster size they could at least increase the players dressed for the game.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If they cant increase the roster size they could at least increase the players dressed for the game.

In that case there could be a significant advantage to one team in games such as Colts vs. the Patriots where the Pats could have had upwards of 10 more players dressed than the Colts. I think you’d have to increase both. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

again...geuss they don't think to highly of him. Im not sure how i feel about Ballard letting these early round draft picks go so soon. It seems if you don't show up right away he is fairly content to eat the draft pick and let you walk lol!

not true!

he's an UDFA

6 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

I'm sorry.....

But Skai Moore was not an early round draft pick.      In fact,  he wasn't drafted AT ALL.

Skai Moore was an UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT.     And odds are Ballard will reclaim him back for the PS as he has done with guys like Swoope and Allie-Cos and some WR's and others.

So, Ballard hasn't eaten anything....

The one gamble he made was with Basham.    Ballard gambled and lost.    But that's it.

12 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm sorry.....

But Skai Moore was not an early round draft pick.      In fact,  he wasn't drafted AT ALL.

Skai Moore was an UNDRAFTED FREE AGENT.     And odds are Ballard will reclaim him back for the PS as he has done with guys like Swoope and Allie-Cos and some WR's and others.

The one gamble he made was with Basham.    Ballard gambled and lost.    But that's it.

That was already corrected and he admitted his mistake several posts above :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm sorry.....

Im sorry.... but someone already corrected me and i said sorry guys my bad lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm sorry.....

I don't think that was much of a gamble. Basham was already a gamble when they spent a third-round pick on him and thought they could coach him up. The Jets just saw a shiny object (Wooohooo! Look!...a free 3rd rounder!) and picked it up. 

Now watch him get five sacks tomorrow, and I'll be frying up a batch of crow for dinner.

10 hours ago, Myles said:

I am disappointed by this.  I thought he showed potential.  He needed to work with a coach, but he had the ability to always be near the ball.   He'll land somewhere.

Have you been paying attention to how the Colts are managing the roster?  This is a move solely based on needing a d'linemen active tomorrow.  It also means Leonard will be back.

Moore will land somewhere - very likely back on the Colts practice squad next week.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, rockywoj said:

The disappointing thing to me is that the NFL has failed to adequately increase roster size, in both game day roster and total roster.  A team shouldn’t have to keep “waiving” guys in order to bring up a player for a needed position due to injury.

100 percent agree.

3 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Off the top of my head, I’d say game day rosters should be 50 and the overall roster should be 60 ... and just do away with the practice squad altogether.

I can agree with the roster addition but not the doing away with the practice squad.

The practice squad holds 320 players league wide who are in training to become NFL players. These are mostly made up of good college players who are skilled enough to make the squads. There is also some walk ons that may make it. Those players also practice with the regular players with the effort to make all of them better.

1 hour ago, rockywoj said:

Off the top of my head, I’d say game day rosters should be 50 and the overall roster should be 60 ... and just do away with the practice squad altogether.

Practice Squad isn't just a roster stash (though it's used as that). These guys play an important role in weekly preparation. Practice Squad = Scout Team.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

I don't think that was much of a gamble. Basham was already a gamble when they spent a third-round pick on him and thought they could coach him up. The Jets just saw a shiny object (Wooohooo! Look!...a free 3rd rounder!) and picked it up. 

Now watch him get five sacks tomorrow, and I'll be frying up a batch of crow for dinner.

Why was Basham a gamble?     He was drafted in the third round...   he was projected to go on Day 2.     He played the 4-3 in college and Ballard knew he'd be switching to a 4-3 this year.    You're the first person I've seen say drafting Basham was a gamble.

I think it was a gamble to cut him and hope to re-acquire him.   Pass rushers are a precious commodity.     But Ballard knows this.    He was willing to lose Basham if need be.     Ballard gambled and lost....      tough business....

7 hours ago, rockywoj said:

I think I agree, with all the new concussion protocols and not bringing guys back until they are 100% versus playing injured I think rosters need to be expanded to 60.  In addition, these guys bouncing around the league like Pimpkins recently is just insane and frankly unfair and unnecessary.  In the next CBA, the league and players need to fix this because it's crazy.  All the rosters moves are insane.

9 hours ago, ColtJ82 said:

Practice Squad isn't just a roster stash (though it's used as that). These guys play an important role in weekly preparation. Practice Squad = Scout Team.

And that is why I say just incorporate the list into the normal roster of 60, doing away with the special designation of “practice squad”.