Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Future of the Team With Luck [Merge]

SilentHill

I'm definatley excited to have Andrew Luck coming in with a new GM, and a new coaching staff. This team has a better foundation that it has ever had before. I look forward to many winning seasons with Grigson, Pagano, and Luck. This spring will surely be interesting, I can't wait to see who we supplement with in the draft, what kind of FA talent we bring in and how quickly a working offense can be put into place with Luck. All in all the future looks very bright.

Go Colts! Lets get into the record books for winning a SB with a Rookie QB, GM and Head Coach!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A better foundation than ever before? Are you * kiddingme. We had polian a proven stud at building teams. We had dungy. A coach that took the once laughable bucs to beast mode. We had pwyton manning. The greateat of all time. Now we have a scout as a gm. A hc whose experience consists of one yr as a dc. And we dont have a qb yet. But of course it will be the troll from stanford. Whose never taken a snap in the nfl. Wow the future looks very bright

A better foundation than ever before? Are you * kiddingme. We had polian a proven stud at building teams. We had dungy. A coach that took the once laughable bucs to beast mode. We had pwyton manning. The greateat of all time. Now we have a scout as a gm. A hc whose experience consists of one yr as a dc. And we dont have a qb yet. But of course it will be the troll from stanford. Whose never taken a snap in the nfl. Wow the future looks very bright

Way to be positive, and beast mode really!what did they do so great?

I'm definatley excited to have Andrew Luck coming in with a new GM, and a new coaching staff. This team has a better foundation that it has ever had before. I look forward to many winning seasons with Grigson, Pagano, and Luck. This spring will surely be interesting, I can't wait to see who we supplement with in the draft, what kind of FA talent we bring in and how quickly a working offense can be put into place with Luck. All in all the future looks very bright.

Go Colts! Lets get into the record books for winning a SB with a Rookie QB, GM and Head Coach!

Keep dreaming Tom Brady Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers didn't win the SB with veteran QB's and much better talent. Who is Luck gonna throw to. He'll have one TE that is about it.

Dungy built an elite defense and a horrible offense in Tampa.

Gruden brought an offense that pushed them over the top.

Each deserve credit, but Dungy/JC/CC had some horrible offenses in Tampa.

Gruden brought something positve to Dungy's team. Caldwell did not.

Truth be told most of those stars preceded Dungy in Tampa. Sapp, Brooks and Lynch were all pre-Dungy draftees.

Keep dreaming Tom Brady Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers didn't win the SB with veteran QB's and much better talent. Who is Luck gonna throw to. He'll have one TE that is about it.

we still have fa and the draft to get luck some talent.

we still have fa and the draft to get luck some talent.

It looks like you may not even be able to sign your own FA's so nothing on that front. And anyone you draft will be a rookie and may be a bust or take a long time to develop.

It looks like you may not even be able to sign your own FA's so nothing on that front. And anyone you draft will be a rookie and may be a bust or take a long time to develop.

our own fa being gone means we have money spend and rookies can make an impact their first year.

Looking around the board at all of the new threads and comments.....there are quite a few unhappy folks. But if there was ever doubt, it should be clear from the press conference there was never any dark agenda in the Manning situation. I believe the years ahead will continue to show this to be the case.

I think it should also now be clear why Jim Irsay and his new front office had to make so many tough decisions while moving ahead......and with more to come regarding veteran players. The speed and magnitude of the sweeping change has been proportionate to the team makeup/failings/declined performance. Manning's release punctuated the end of this chapter in Colts history.

It's a sad day for Colts fans, but one of inevitability under the circumstances. I'll be pulling for Peyton Manning even if it is in the wake of a win against the Colts with his new team, although that's not the way I'd prefer it. For all those remaining loyal to the horseshoe through all of the change this year and in years past, plus any new fans coming onboard, here's to the future...........

I cried during todays press conference because I didn't like seeing Peyton Manning go. The kind of success we had for the last decade is unmatched and I will miss Peyton.

At the same time, I am very excited for the future. We are lucky enough to have the first overall pick and a very good QB prospect by the name of Andrew Luck who looks like a young Peyton Manning coming out of college.

It will probably be a few years before we get back to the playoffs because of such a mass overhaul of players probably. I don't see Wayne or Garcon coming back which will leave us with holes at the WR position but we can go after cheaper WRs like Braylon Edwards, Devin Aromashadu, Legedu Naanee, and also Stephen Hill from GT as a likely 2nd round pick.

Also our defense should be an improvement from last year and we will be a lot more aggressive than in years past. Again it will probably be a few years until they can reach their full potential but I am quite excited about what the defense could be.

This was a sad day for Colts fans, it was the end of an era, but also the beginning of a new one.

It also means you didn't have the money to spend on them so why would you have enough to sign other big FA's.

Because Reggie wayne is in his 30s wanting to be paid top dollar. Pierre Garcon is a #2 receiver wanting to be paid like a #1. Why do that if the Colts can get a WR in the 2nd round or sign a veteran receiver who would produce at less cost?

Dwight Freeney, Jerraud Powers, Robert Mathis, Pat Angerer, Antoine Bethea

Collie, Addai, Brown, Clark and possibly Garcon.

Also news flash but free agency hasn't started and neither has the draft.

Also Green Bay drafted a lot of those guys AFTER Rodgers. It's not like Clay Matthews was sitting there for Rodgers to come play QB.

Agreed. The future is bright. Solid, young GM who really seems like he knows what he is doing. Good, experienced head coach. A good QB prospect. Of course, it hurts to see Peyton go, but while we rebuild our team, he can win a championship or two with another and retire. Then, he could possibly be back with the Colts as a coach