Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Khalil Mack to the Bears

21isSuperman

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I bet Mack hates this, we will have a better record than the Bears. Bears will be lucky if they even go 8-8.

Sour Grapes...Top 10 D without Mack now they will be much, much better and challenge hard for the division crown. Rodgers has already left town. Maybe the Colts hate that he went there but I'm certain he is happy to join the team with a history of great LBs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dgambill said:

Both teams are bad. To me this changes nothing. These are very similar teams with similar talent levels etc. To me this will come down to which GM executes their plan best. In the fact end I think this changes nothing.

Green is the color of envy.

8 hours ago, DougDew said:

So the Bears give up two high first round picks AND have to shell out cap space equal to Aaron Donald, for just one player who isn't a QB?  How could this possibly be a good deal for them?  

It looks like Gruden fleeced them.

There are no guarantees but no one in the NFC North is a lock so it's up for grabs and if there is one thing Mack knows how to do is grab.

31 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Sour Grapes...Top 10 D without Mack now they will be much, much better and challenge hard for the division crown. Rodgers has already left town. Maybe the Colts hate that he went there but I'm certain he is happy to join the team with a history of great LBs.

They have no chance to win the NFC North. Vikings and Packers both are much better. Good luck in believing the Bears will be good this year, sorry not with the QB they have.

• Like 2

let me get this straight....

six-year, $141 million

$90 million guaranteed with $60 million guaranteed at signing

first-round draft picks in 2019 and 2020, a third-rounder in 2020 and a sixth-rounder in 2019,

( 2020 second-round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round on the back hand)

The Bears can have him!...That is a LOT of Capital investment for 1 player.

No way the Colts could have possibly came out ahead in a trade like that.  Between him and Luck, you'd have no money to sign your own draft picks after their rookie deals were up....(guess it wouldn't matter since you gave away the next 2 years of draft picks any how...)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

let me get this straight....

six-year, $141 million

$90 million guaranteed with $60 million guaranteed at signing

first-round draft picks in 2019 and 2020, a third-rounder in 2020 and a sixth-rounder in 2019,

( 2020 second-round pick and a conditional 2020 fifth-round on the back hand)

The Bears can have him!...That is a LOT of Capital investment for 1 player.

No way the Colts could have possibly came out ahead in a trade like that.  Between him and Luck, you'd have no money to sign your own draft picks after their rookie deals were up....(guess it wouldn't matter since you gave away the next 2 years of draft picks any how...)

That's amazing. 

So how much money would be spent if he tweaked a hammy and had to sit on the bench for 2 games and was only 85% for 4 more?  Six games at less than 100% capacity.

Maybe the goal is to have Mack knock Rogers, Stafford, and Cousins out of their games and the rest of the season to give the Bears a fighting chance.

7 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

..and the Bears didn't 'lose' two firsts like you said...….because Mack was a 1st himself...

..and KC DID lose a 1st...They sent out 2017 and 2018 for the right to get Mahomes. who is, at best, unproven.....

Mack is a No. 1 pick....and one who panned out to an all-NFL degree..right?

All-pros (even at high price tags) are much more valuable than No. 1 draft choices...agreed?

Disagree.  Mack came in the NFL in '09.  Your not getting a 1st round pick,..your getting less than 1/2 of a first round pick.  You say "how do you know the first round picks given up for him won't be dud's."  Who's to say Mack won't stink for the Bears?  For every Reggie White, there is an Albert Hanesworth.  Also...even if he continues to play at the level he did for the Raiders the last few years,...he's 27..with 8 years of football already on him. (yeah he was drafted at 19) Will he last the entire 7 years he has left on his contract with the Bears?  Who know's...maybe for a while, but doubtful he plays until he's 34 years old at his last few years of performance.  Absolutely terrible trade by the Bears...Raiders win on ALL sides.  I'd have flipped if Ballard had made this deal. Between him and Lucks contracts.. AND giving away all the draft picks, (future players who'd have their entire careers ahead of them...not part of it) It would have been the worst trade in Colts history IMO...(shadowing even the Richardson trade)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Green is the color of envy.

The only one seeing green is Mack...good for him but the Bears are still not even close to a playoff caliber team. They also lost John Fox who while not a coach that can win you a SB he could coach young players and a good teacher...he is gone too. Bears are maybe third best team in their division...not even sure Detroit isn’t still better...and also not sure they have their qb yet!

9 hours ago, stitches said:

For the record - If Ballard did the same deal I wouldn't have liked it. 

I would not have liked it either if Rick Spielman made this trade. It is too much to give up.

Was this move made by the same GM that gave up a lot just to move up one spot to get Trubisky?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The only one seeing green is Mack...good for him but the Bears are still not even close to a playoff caliber team. They also lost John Fox who while not a coach that can win you a SB he could coach young players and a good teacher...he is gone too. Bears are maybe third best team in their division...not even sure Detroit isn’t still better...and also not sure they have their qb yet!

Aaron Donald's big deal lasts exactly one day. 

Mack sign an extension of 6/141.   That’s 23.5 per year.  One million per year more than Donald.   90 Mill guaranteed, 60 mill of that at signing.

The deal goes into effect in 2019.   So Mack’s full numbers including 2018 are 7/155.   

10 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Disagree.  Mack came in the NFL in '09.  Your not getting a 1st round pick,..your getting less than 1/2 of a first round pick.  You say "how do you know the first round picks given up for him won't be dud's."  Who's to say Mack won't stink for the Bears?  For every Reggie White, there is an Albert Hanesworth.  Also...even if he continues to play at the level he did for the Raiders the last few years,...he's 27..with 8 years of football already on him. (yeah he was drafted at 19) Will he last the entire 7 years he has left on his contract with the Bears?  Who know's...maybe for a while, but doubtful he plays until he's 34 years old at his last few years of performance.  Absolutely terrible trade by the Bears...Raiders win on ALL sides.  I'd have flipped if Ballard had made this deal. Between him and Lucks contracts.. AND giving away all the draft picks, (future players who'd have their entire careers ahead of them...not part of it) It would have been the worst trade in Colts history IMO...(shadowing even the Richardson trade)

I agree. 2 firsts by themselves was nuts, but a 3rd and a 5th plus a 22 mil per year and then some average for SEVEN YEARS!!?!?!  That's freaking NUTS!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Mack actually got drafted in 2014 but I agree with you that I wouldn't of gave up 2 1st Rounders for him. That is too much. I could see a 1st in 2019 and a 2nd in 2020 and that is still steep. That deal would've been good for the Raiders considering they wanted to unload him (cash wise as well). I wouldve done that deal if I was Indy giving up a 1st in 2019 and a 2nd in 2020 because we also have the Cap Space to sign him. He is only 27. Getting Mack would've been like getting a high 1st pick anyway that is proven. He is a Great Pass Rusher.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, King Colt said:

This is what people don't get.

That Bears team was already Top 10 WITHOUT Mack.  Now you add a top 10 defensive player to a Top 10 defense and that defense is going to make some noise.

Now if the Bears can get their offense together...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They have no chance to win the NFC North. Vikings and Packers both are much better. Good luck in believing the Bears will be good this year, sorry not with the QB they have.

"No chance"? Really? No one stands out, maybe the Viks are considered the favorite but predictions are like checks, no good until they are cashed.

23 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'm no cap expert by any means, but looking at the Raiders cap, it looks like they could have given Mack the money he wanted.  I'm not saying they should have - I'm personally against giving anyone other than a QB $20+ mil per year - but it looks like they had the space for it if they wanted to.

They do/did.  Both cap and cash.

23 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I think that's it...….they didn't want to....

This is Gruden taking control....with a little cap space

This assuredly was all on Gruden as it was reported many in the Raiders building Did_Not_Want to trade Mack. 

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Packers are an also rans. They were good, not are good enough to win their div.

14 hours ago, Alex22 said:

Rex Grossman went to a SuperBowl ...................

Correct...to "a" Super Bowl and then what? How the Bears got there is still abit of a mystery. Being a Colts and Bears fan I loved that game and still hold on tho a SB coin for that game. Maybe in 2020 they will repeat.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mack actually got drafted in 2014 but I agree with you that I wouldn't of gave up 2 1st Rounders for him. That is too much. I could see a 1st in 2019 and a 2nd in 2020 and that is still steep. That deal would've been good for the Raiders considering they wanted to unload him (cash wise as well). I wouldve done that deal if I was Indy giving up a 1st in 2019 and a 2nd in 2020 because we also have the Cap Space to sign him. He is only 27. Getting Mack would've been like getting a high 1st pick anyway that is proven. He is a Great Pass Rusher.  

you're right about the draft.  When i looked it up last night it had said 2009.  Which i thought was WAY early...but i posted it anyhow.  The site has since fixed it.

I am just warey of big name trades and free-agent signings.  There are so many players out there that were REALLY good for their previous team,...but then to stink it up on the new one.  Besides Hanesworth,...Nnamdi Asomugha comes to mind.  Alot of Defensive players SEEM really good,..but sometimes a lot of their performance is scheme based,..or a direct result of players beside them.  Not saying this is Mack,..it is just something i keep in mind in any trade, free-agent signing.  Heck the opposite happens also...Player is average, then goes to a new team and blows up.  

• Like 1

On 9/1/2018 at 9:18 AM, 21isSuperman said:

I guess it depends on what they do with the first round picks they're getting in return, but what are the chances they find someone with Mack's talent with either one of those picks?  They also have the luxury of having their QB on a rookie deal, so they can use that extra cap space to surround him with talent on both sides of the ball.  The Bears have a pretty solid defense built up.  It depends on how Trubisky develops going into his 2nd year.

Makes me that much happier the Colts didn't hire him.  As much as I like him as a coach and think his Xs and Os knowledge is off the charts, his personnel decisions this offseason have been extremely puzzling.

He might not be as crazy as we think. Arden Key has looked pretty good so far. And Hurst is looking good as well as the other 3 tech they got from univ of Houston. They got Bruce Irvin on the other side for now, plus the 2 #1 picks in addition to any #1 pick they already had. We saw what Ballard was able to do by trading down just 1 of those picks. Should be able to find a good compliment to Key next year along with adding a whole bunch of ammo to the D. We already know Garden and Carr will be straight on offense.

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

Correct...to "a" Super Bowl and then what? How the Bears got there is still abit of a mystery. Being a Colts and Bears fan I loved that game and still hold on tho a SB coin for that game. Maybe in 2020 they will repeat.

How?  In 2006 he took the Bears to a 13-3 record and threw for 3,193 Yds and 23 TDs. He also beat the Seahawks and Saints in the playoffs.  That's how.

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

I am just joking around with you because I know you like the Bears but I honestly don't think they have a chance against the Vikes or Packers this season, JMO. Hey you have the Cubs :thmup:

Rex Grossman went to a SB because he had a defense who could make a 17 point comeback in a game where he threw 2 INTs. 

I mentioned earlier that if Mack is motivated and they don't get to cute on offense, the Bears could compete and I stand by it. But they will have to do better than Rex Grossman lol! Mack isn't the only talented guy they've got but their unit is no 2006 Bears or 2015 Broncos.

I'm back and forth on the Raiders. I don't know if Gruden is motivated or if we're about to see something like Mike Ditka in New Orleans all over again. And I don't know if his lockerroom is going to respond to well to this even if he's up for coaching again. I wouldn't go by year 1 though, let alone week 1 against a playof team like everybody is going to of course.

Edited by BloodyChamp

10 hours ago, smittywerb said:

This is what people don't get.

That Bears team was already Top 10 WITHOUT Mack.  Now you add a top 10 defensive player to a Top 10 defense and that defense is going to make some noise.

Now if the Bears can get their offense together...

True words..That's a very good defense now....

This is he Bears 'answer' to Aaron Rodgers and Kirk Cousins and Matt Stafford

I dont think they can beat out GB and Minneosta in the NFC North this season.

But can they get to 9-7 or 10-6...

If 'My Man Mitch' improves in his second year....sure they can

They spent on free agent wide receivers and an elite edge rusher.

Its bold. I like it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Disagree.  Mack came in the NFL in '09.  Your not getting a 1st round pick,..your getting less than 1/2 of a first round pick.  You say "how do you know the first round picks given up for him won't be dud's."  Who's to say Mack won't stink for the Bears? 

This is not logic, Lawrence.

You and I both agree that Kahlil Mack wont 'stink' for the Bears.

..and the Bears are getting Macks years...its not 1/2 a No1 pick

The pick itself has no value until you put a face on it

The Bears put Mack's face on their 2019 No.1 pick and he'll play in 2018.

They have the cap space and they used it...I like it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

This is not logic, Lawrence.

You and I both agree that Kahlil Mack wont 'stink' for the Bears.

..and the Bears are getting Macks years...its not 1/2 a No1 pick

The pick itself has no value until you put a face on it

The Bears put Mack's face on their 2019 No.1 pick and he'll play in 2018.

They have the cap space and they used it...I like it.

I agree.

They are trying to WIN NOW.

They are trying to be significant.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They aren't going to win now.   They are more than an elite pass rusher away from making the playoffs

Maybe. But they trying. Maybe it blows up in their face, who knows?

It was possiblyy a good trade for both teams. Raiders didn't want to pay him AND got some significant draft picks for him.

Bears get their guy and create a buzz for fans. And at very least should be improved. How much remains to be seen.

12 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They aren't going to win now.   They are more than an elite pass rusher away from making the playoffs

Absolutely.  I don't like this trade for the bears OR Colts...Just don't fit.

Now, if you have a really good offense, and a defense that was 1-2 guys from being good/great..then maybe this is a 'win now' move.  But the bears don't have a good enough offense to even get into the playoffs. offense gets you into the playoffs,...defense wins it.

• Like 1