Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Khalil Mack to the Bears

21isSuperman

43 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Maybe. But they trying. Maybe it blows up in their face, who knows?

It was possiblyy a good trade for both teams. Raiders didn't want to pay him AND got some significant draft picks for him.

Bears get their guy and create a buzz for fans. And at very least should be improved. How much remains to be seen.

Mack is an amazing player.   He will for sure make the bears better.   However,  2 firsts and that monster contract means they have to win in the next four years.   I don't see it.   We will see

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

This is not logic, Lawrence.

You and I both agree that Kahlil Mack wont 'stink' for the Bears.

..and the Bears are getting Macks peak years...its not 1/2 a No1 pick

The pick itself has no value until you put a face on it

The Bears put Mack's face on their 2019 No.1 pick and he'll play in 2018.

They have the cap space and they used it...I like it.

The Bears did add Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel at WR..

and the Eagles' Trey Burton at tight end.

It comes down to Mitch Trubisky...and were they right about him.

But no matter what players they picked No.1 in 2019 and 2020.....winning or losing (making the playoffs or not) still comes down to Trubisky for the next few years.

They bet big on Trubisky..and now they have doubled down...

With that as your baseline, this deal is not a big risk.../They just said: We're all in

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

The Bears did add Allen Robinson and Taylor Gabriel at WR..

and the Eagles' Trey Burton at tight end.

It comes down to Mitch Trubisky...and were they right about him.

But no matter what players they picked No.1 in 2019 and 2020.....winning or losing (making the playoffs or not) still comes down to Trubisky for the next few years.

They bet big on Trubisky..and now they have doubled down...

With that as your baseline, this deal is not a big risk.../They just said: We're all in

Yep if 'My Man Mitch' stinks it up then getting Mack and having a Top 5 Defense wont matter.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They had a Top 10 Defense last year and they stunk, without an Offense in a Division with GB and the Vikes, they need at least a capable Offense to compete.

Look at the scores of the games they lost.....

Bears were 5-11, right?  Seven of the losses?....23-17 (Atlanta), 20-17 (Minnesota), 20-12 (New Orleans), 23-16 (Green Bay), 27-24 (Detroit), 15-14 (SF), 20-10 (Detroit)

They add 3 receivers..an All-American college linebacker and an all-NFL edge rusher.

I think 9-7 is possible.

Edited by oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Look at the scores of the games they lost.....

Bears were 5-11, right?  Seven of the losses?....23-17 (Atlanta), 20-17 (Minnesota), 20-12 (New Orleans), 23-16 (Green Bay), 27-24 (Detroit), 15-14 (SF), 20-10 (Detroit)

They add 3 receivers..an All-American college linebacker and an all-NFL edge rusher.

I think 9-7 is possible.

Not saying 9-7 isn't possible. I have the Bears at 8-8 as of now. My original Post said if Mitch stinks it up, having a Top 5 Defense won't matter. It's pretty simple, Mitch needs to be Average at worse and have good ball control, then his D can take over more games. If he stinks then the Bears won't be any good. 9-7 won't even cut it in that Division either because Rodgers will win 10 games at least and the Vikes will probably win 11 or 12.

Worst quarterbacks have made it to championship games lately and 1 made it to the SB...and won it. Ya'll are overanalyzing this and running it into the ground from a the talent and Xs and Os standpoint.

It boils down to Mack being motivated and the Bears not forgetting how to play football against the Packers which is what they've always done for the last 30 years.

7 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

It boils down to Mack being motivated and the Bears not forgetting how to play football against the Packers which is what they've always done for the last 30 years.

Yes, because quite often the big contract removes some of the motivation and the player does not perform to their previous level. 

And it's possible something was going on with his motivation before then. He was about to start missing game checks the way the insiders were talking and I know they're all looney but they've been on top of this situation. We don't know if he's been home itching to play like Zeke Elliott or home on his bum like Albert Hanynesworth.

On 9/1/2018 at 9:24 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I bet Mack hates this, we will have a better record than the Bears. Bears will be lucky if they even go 8-8.

Nah man, what they are doing over there is going the right direction.  Trubisky got better as teh season went along, they've got weapons in the back field, they added receivers - good receivers - in free agency and the draft.  Took a stud linebacker, added Khalil.  And that's all to an above a run defense that was 11th against the rush and 7th against the pass.  Their defense will be scary good and their offense will improve as the QB keeps improving.  The only real question is how much will Trubisky improve.  Because their passing game was dead last in about every stat that we use to gauge passing efficiency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't want what I felt he would command contract/draft pick wise, but mostly felt he would be resigned. Now I am even more happy he is not a Colt. His contract is fine, but those two #1's might be the heart and soul of your future...and at rookie salaries. 

Good for Mack. He won't be looking at the prices when perusing a menu for the foreseeable future. 

On 9/3/2018 at 1:11 PM, B~Town said:

How many more games would the raiders lost last year without him .

The Bears and Raiders arent the same team....so there's no paralell.

Bears needed another edge rusher badly..

Unless he gets hurt and misses the entire season, this trade improves them/

And if the Bears go 8-8 the next 2 years..then what did they give up?   2 mid-1st round choices

there's little downside to this deal for the Bears

On 9/2/2018 at 9:14 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They had a Top 10 Defense last year and they stunk, without an Offense in a Division with GB and the Vikes, they need at least a capable Offense to compete.

....They brought in two receivers and a tight end..this isnt last year's offense..

Entirely new coaching staff....

..they gave up no players and got an all-NFL player in his prime..

This is the kid of move you make if you want to make the playoffs now

• Like 1

19 hours ago, King Colt said:

Draft picks are empty containers be they #1 or last. Some teams draft well while others do not. NE is a good example of building teams with non-draft picks. The Bears play Sunday night against the Packers and I will be watching #52.

How are the patriots  a good example of building with non draft picks?? Their core has always been draft picks.   A few free agents,   Revis and Thomas being the only big contracts 

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

Judging from Sunday night I think Mack likes it just fine, FF, FR, INT, Sack, TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like the Colts, they lost though. That is all anyone cares about. They dominated for 3 Qtr's and Mack looked great but the W is all that counts. I took a break from Posting yesterday but I can go into how Andrew had 320 Yards passing on 39-53 and 2 TD's. How we should've won but lost because Jack Doyle fumbles in the Red Zone. All anybody will say to me is that we still lost. 

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just like the Colts, they lost though. That is all anyone cares about. They dominated for 3 Qtr's and Mack looked great but the W is all that counts. I took a break from Posting yesterday but I can go into how Andrew had 320 Yards passing on 39-53 and 2 TD's. How we should've won but lost because Jack Doyle fumbles in the Red Zone. All anybody will say to me is that we still lost. 

But the topic for this thread is Mr. Mack

4 minutes ago, King Colt said:

But the topic for this thread is Mr. Mack

I already know Mack is great - we all do, never said he wasn't. I could make an argument that he is the 3rd best Defensive player in the league only behind Donald and Miller. I just don't believe they will finish better than 8-8 with the Offense they have which has to do alot with my original Post. There are going to be alot of games where Mack will play great but his Offense doesn't take advantage IMO. I picked them to go 8-8 which is much better than their 5-11 record last season. 

• Like 1