Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Path to 53 (Colts Roster Cuts Thread)

TKnight24

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Haeg and Ridgeway might get it out of pure necessity if nothing else. Haeg plays multiple positions but doesn’t play any of them “well”. He’s the best of a bad bunch when it comes to RT though.

Ridgeway ....we’ll have to see.

The “production” of a tackle often depends on the guys inside

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Haeg and Ridgeway might get it out of pure necessity if nothing else. Haeg plays multiple positions but doesn’t play any of them “well”. He’s the best of a bad bunch when it comes to RT though.

Ridgeway should make it.  You normally keep four DTs in a 4-3.  It’s hard to see four guys making it over him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The “production” of a tackle often depends on the guys inside

That's my thought as well and how long has it be since we've had  an average RG? I hope Haeg gets a chance to settle in out there. His versatility is great but if he's going to develop into more then a back up it'll be at RT.  I've never thought he had the anchor to work full time inside.

I am not suggesting he's a pro bowler in the making at RT.  No team has pro bowlers at every position but they all have effort guys. If Haeg can become consistent out there. We've seen he's durable and will put in the work in. When the QB can step up in the pocket the T's job is much easier as you've eluded to. The interior of this OL should finally be able to provide Luck a consistent pocket. 

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

That's my thought as well and how long has it be since we've had  an average RG? I hope Haeg gets a chance to settle in out there. His versatility is great but if he's going to develop into more then a back up it'll be at RT.  I've never thought he had the anchor to work full time inside.

I am not suggesting he's a pro bowler in the making at RT.  No team has pro bowlers at every position but they all have effort guys. If Haeg can become consistent out there. We've seen he's durable and will put in the work in. When the QB can step up in the pocket the T's job is much easier as you've eluded to. The interior of this OL should finally be able to provide Luck a consistent pocket. 

The other key often for any OL is Receiver Separation and a quick twitch QB

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

There you go again. You just can't help yourself.. No way Ridgeway gets cut. It's not even a wait and see thing.

• Like 1

I'm interested to see if we keep Al Woods or not. Grover Stewart has been doing some good things. You could also play Margus Hunt there. Even Ridgeway could play a little bit of that spot at times when Autry is on the field.

Maybe you keep Ridgeway, Nunez Rochez, Margus Hunt, Grover Stewart, Denico Autry. Not sure what we are going to do about Tyquan Lewis. I'm assuming temporary IR.

23 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm interested to see if we keep Al Woods or not. Grover Stewart has been doing some good things. You could also play Margus Hunt there. Even Ridgeway could play a little bit of that spot at times when Autry is on the field.

Maybe you keep Ridgeway, Nunez Rochez, Margus Hunt, Grover Stewart, Denico Autry. Not sure what we are going to do about Tyquan Lewis. I'm assuming temporary IR.

Unfortunately I think Lewis is IR bound. I wanted to see him get after the QB from the inside maybe in the second half of the season. I'm beginning to wander about Walker. He's been out a minute and it's seems frequent.  As far as Woods I thought Ridgeway's play and Grovers development might impact his roster spot. I'm not sure how Hunt plays into the grand scheme of things. 

I'm hoping we find a way to keep Delaire around but it's a crowded room. He's no sure thing despite his stellar preseason. There will be some tough decisions to be made. I don't see any of the young guys getting cut but this will be a important year for Basham. I'm interested to see what happens in Cleveland with Orchard. 

4 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Unfortunately I think Lewis is IR bound. I wanted to see him get after the QB from the inside maybe in the second half of the season. I'm beginning to wander about Walker. He's been out a minute and it's seems frequent.  As far as Woods I thought Ridgeway's play and Grovers development might impact his roster spot. I'm not sure how Hunt plays into the grand scheme of things. 

I'm hoping we find a way to keep Delaire around but it's a crowded room. He's no sure thing despite his stellar preseason. There will be some tough decisions to be made. I don't see any of the young guys getting cut but this will be a important year for Basham. I'm interested to see what happens in Cleveland with Orchard. 

Lewis could go to the IR and still come back

I have a feeling RD will make someone’s roster

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Yeah I expect him back that's why I said I hope to see him in the second half I'm hoping RD makes this roster 

in

19 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I think you have to find a way to keep Delaire. Can we keep 10 on the DL?

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

59 is slow because the IndyStar broke that yesterday afternoon

ahhh I am slow too then lol cause that was the first I had heard of it...Deshawn got squeezed out I was hoping he could get up to speed from injury and find a spot on this team thought he was one of the better interior guys last year...

2 hours ago, krunk said:

There you go again. You just can't help yourself.. No way Ridgeway gets cut. It's not even a wait and see thing.

Based on what? Getting 4 sacks in the pre-season? I’m not saying he’ll definitely get cut but, he’s no lock just because he looked good in the pre-season. Jo Jo Natson looked great last year too and he cut him. 

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

in

I see no reason we can't. I don't think anyone can say RD hasn't earned it. I'm still not sure how Hunt fits in to this D. He doesn't have the best track record playing in a 4-3. I get he can play inside and out but is he going to make a difference anywhere? He's certainly not part of the youth movement. It will be interesting to see how we deploy the line when it matters. 

37 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Im pretty sure you have to start the season on the regular roster to be a eligible return candidate. 

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/31/17797904/explaining-pup-nfi-ir-other-injury-nfl-roster-designations-cuts-53-man-roster

9 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I see no reason we can't. I don't think anyone can say RD hasn't earned it. I'm still not sure how Hunt fits in to this D. He doesn't have the best track record playing in a 4-3. I get he can play inside and out but is he going to make a difference anywhere? He's certainly not part of the youth movement. It will be interesting to see how we deploy the line when it matters. 

Why wouldnt Hunt fit? He made several nice stops on the interior and penetration in each preseason game. They didnt even make him play the last preseason game. I think he will be here. Theyve made room for a vet or two to stay here temporarily.

26 minutes ago, krunk said:

in

I’ll bet Ballard and Reich are planning, at least long term, to keep 25 or 26 on offense, to  capitalize on the simpler defense and create matchups with special skill sets where as we used to keep greater numbers on defense with the hybrid 34.

Might still keep 10 DL but it makes 8 or 9 more likely.

17 minutes ago, krunk said:

Why wouldnt Hunt fit? He made several nice stops on the interior and penetration in each preseason game. They didnt even make him play the last preseason game. I think he will be here. Theyve made room for a vet or two to stay here temporarily.

I guess I was looking more at his age and getting to the QB maybe a little bit from his time in a 4-3  in Cinny I like Hunt more trying to fit RD in then anything 

Just saw Mack close to being a Bear 

Since they locked the other thread I was right when I said the Raiders would trade Mack.  Most everyone said I was wrong.  I guess not.  We were in the hunt but Ballard failed to get it done.  It looks like he tried but he failed like I thought he would.  This was our chance to fix our ER problem.  Now it's back to wishing and hoping we find the right guy in the draft.  A real missed opportunity.  I would not want to be in his shoes when he has to explain to Irsay how he got away.  For his sake it has to be a boatload of picks. 

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Since they locked the other thread I was right when I said the Raiders would trade Mack.  Most everyone said I was wrong.  I guess not.  We were in the hunt but Ballard failed to get it done.  It looks like he tried but he failed like I thought he would.  This was our chance to fix our ER problem.  Now it's back to wishing and hoping we find the right guy in the draft.  A real missed opportunity.  I would not want to be in his shoes when he has to explain to Irsay how he got away.  For his sake it has to be a boatload of picks. 

Is the blame game fun? 'Cause it's really annoying for the reader.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

i hope this was a joke from you cause i would never give up two first rounders for a player... we need every draft pick we can afford

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Good lord.

10 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Do you want a cookie? 

13 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

for two first round draft picks and QB type money contract... no thanks. 

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i hope this was a joke from you cause i would never give up two first rounders for a player... we need every draft pick we can afford

Curious.  You really think either one of those 1st. rounders is going to be the same caliber of player that Mack is?  First they are going to have to be very very very good.  And considering what slot we are going to be drafting in the chances of a player like that falling into our lap is extremely low.  I knew he wouldn't give up two picks.  I get it.  let's hope he hits on 50% of his picks.  The jury is still out on that.  

13 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

Do you want a cookie? 

Nothing worse than the I told you soers.

So funny everyone is so concerned about letting people know they were right. Who cares.

Tell us when you're wrong. That will earn you more respect.(not you IndyD4U, just piggy backing your quote)

• Like 2