Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who is RB Brandon Oliver

Rackeen305

4 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Who is this kid? He had a nice screen that resulted in 38 yards, Then a tough goal line TD. Can we make room on the roster for this guy? Very impressive.

Let s not forget that he's playing against bubble players too

He has been around the league, recently on the Chargers for a couple of years at least. He has had his moments with the Chargers too. He is not someone I would rely on for a whole season but in a specific role, he can shine and we may need that the first 4 games till Turbin is back.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Tonight Oliver's running style did resemble Darren Sproles. Which is what they had hoped to see from Hines.

Hines stinks period.

34 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He has been around the league, recently on the Chargers for a couple of years at least. He has had his moments with the Chargers too. He is not someone I would rely on for a whole season but in a specific role, he can shine and we may need that the first 4 games till Turbin is back.

He was with the chargers when Frank was their OC and he was good when Frank was there.

1 minute ago, Statiik82 said:

Oliver's 3 year career so far, I think he was on IR in 2016.

Rush:

226 Att - 773 Yds - 3.4 Avg - 3 TDs

Rec:

55 Rec - 409 Yds - 7.4 Avg - 1 TD's

Last year too. I think he tore his Achilles or something last year or the year before. I remember recording a video of it popping. Very nasty looking injury, thought he was done. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Hines would be claimed quickly.

Yeah I think someone will take a shot on him too. I don't think we  give up on Hines that quickly nor should we. I remember Oliver pre injury in SD. It wouldn't surprise me given his history with Reich if we kept him over Michael. I'm sure we'd like a vet in the running back room until week 5 when Turbin returns. Oliver is a guy Reich knows and trusts. I'd prefer him over Michael and the projected cuts I've seen so far.