Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck!

horseshoecrabs

I think that in this last  meaning full preseason game,  We saw that Andrew Luck is ready to come back to the form that we cherish in this franchise QB.   I just want to hope that we see a responsible running game, more targets for him to throw too, so that it is not a repeat of 2015. I know that we are a rebuilding team but we need to move forward not regress . New system ,new coaches. but the up swing can turn us around if everything starts falling into place guys .   He rushed  in 4 rushes than more than our preseason running backs . He showed that he can carry the load. So lets hope that he does not have to carry the load every time. Just be opened minded about our running game if need be down the road. No we don't have to use a first round pick, but we do need productive running backs if our current class can't carry the load. Just keep a open mind  please.

• Like 2

I believe the coaches and players when they say they aren’t hardly even in the playbook yet. Luck is going to be fine, I just hope the plays and play calling gets better. They can scheme receivers open and the running game looked bad tonight but they kept running into stacked boxes all night too. I hope that changes in the regular season.

• Like 1

Luck is fine.  The issue is they don’t have receivers beyond TY and at time Rogers.  The running game is bad.  The tackle spot is a mess at the moment.  They do have two good tightends but that’s about it on offense.  

Dont get me wrong I expect the offense to improve as the year goes along but it’s pretty clear even with Luck this offense has a lot of questions on it.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Luck is fine.  The issue is they don’t have receivers beyond TY and at time Rogers.  The running game is bad.  The tackle spot is a mess at the moment.  They do have two good tightends but that’s about it on offense.  

Dont get me wrong I expect the offense to improve as the year goes along but it’s pretty clear even with Luck this offense has a lot of questions on it.  

We have three known playmakers, Luck, TY, and Ebron.  Doyle is consistent, but hardly a threat.  Rogers could be, but they really haven’t targeted him much to know.  We still don’t know if Mack can be a true #1.  

Add in an Oline that is just plain poor right now, and it doesn’t look good. If AC doesn’t come back strong, it’s going to be a long year for the O.  

Don’t get me started on the D.  I pray that’s not the same scheme we’ll see in September.  

• Like 2

If we can get AC back and find somebody to play LT, I think the O will be just fine.

Maybe we find a team needing a QB and trade Jacoby for a solid OL and a draft pick?

Thing is...I keep having this feeling that Jacoby is outplaying Luck.  Maybe I’m in the minority on that.

And I guess prudence with Luck’s health requires us to hang on to Jacoby just in case?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

We have three known playmakers, Luck, TY, and Ebron.  Doyle is consistent, but hardly a threat.  Rogers could be, but they really haven’t targeted him much to know.  We still don’t know if Mack can be a true #1.  

Add in an Oline that is just plain poor right now, and it doesn’t look good. If AC doesn’t come back strong, it’s going to be a long year for the O.  

Don’t get me started on the D.  I pray that’s not the same scheme we’ll see in September.  

3 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

If we can get AC back and find somebody to play LT, I think the O will be just fine.

Maybe we find a team needing a QB and trade Jacoby for a solid OL and a draft pick?

Thing is...I keep having this feeling that Jacoby is outplaying Luck.  Maybe I’m in the minority on that.

And I guess prudence with Luck’s health requires us to hang on to Jacoby just in case?

A lot of the problems are because of lack of WR Separation 

2 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

AC will play LT and he’s a lot better than many here like to give him credit for.

Id keep Jacoby and let Smith play and develop at right tackle.

Lucks QB rating today was almost perfect.  While Brissett’s was good it wasn’t better.  Also Brissett got nearly a full year of starting experience last year and is maybe a potential starter in this league playing against other teams backups while Luck is playing against other teams ones missing key peaces.  I’d almost say it would be disturbing if Brissett wasn’t playing as well and maybe even better than Luck.

Having a good backup QB is always a good thing.  Irsay has seen this team destroyed twice now by not having one.  Now they do, I doubt he’s in a hurry to see his team give that guy away.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

Jacoby looks very good...against the other team's second string defense...

We need them both..

The line will be OK....we may be short at running back and WR but Andrew will win with 'em..

We've seen him do it

If the earlier report was true and Reich is keeping it vanilla so as not to give away his hand to opposing coaches, then we still aren’t game planning at full capacity.  That alone should solve some Oline issues.  If AC, QN, RK, MS, nonsense are starters,, they need time together to build chemistry.   Today Reich showed he has indeed been hiding Ebron as Luck easily went to him. WR chemistry is an  issue though.  Luck doesn’t trust many besides TY and maybe Rogers. 

54 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

I thought after last week consensus was he was done and Brissett was the future. 

The Mods need to start a "All Things Jacoby Brissett" thread. It still hasn't sunk in for a lot a folk here that no trade attempt was ever made. However, that has ignited a firestorm of delusional trade JB theories and that he's a top 20 QB blah, blah, and blah. Way to premature!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

Luck would tear up 2nd and 3rd string defenses too. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, luv_pony_express said:

I would imagine you are in the minority on that, saying Jacoby is outplaying Luck. I am not sure how a QB can play much better than what Luck did yesterday? He did it against the 49ers 1st string as well. He was 8-10, a TD, no INT's, and ran for 30 Yards. That was one of the best 1st Half's by any QB in this Pre-Season so far. 

• Like 1

Lucky showed signs he is getting a feel for this offense. He must develop the skill of getting rid of the ball quickly, with touch, and on the $$$ so his guys can catch and run. This is all new to him.

Reich is the right guy to get this done. 
 And i was very pleased seeing Lucky showing his keen pocket awareness and moving away from pressure. He has excelled at this in the past. 

45 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Lucky showed signs he is getting a feel for this offense. He must develop the skill of getting rid of the ball quickly, with touch, and on the $$$ so his guys can catch and run. This is all new to him.

And i was very pleased seeing Lucky showing his keen pocket awareness and moving away from pressure. He has excelled at this in the past. 

Yeah he played really well yesterday, I think after last week alot of people panicked. If he plays anywhere near on opening day for just 3 Qtrs like he did yesterday, I don't see us losing to Cincy. I can even see our Defense doing halfway decent in that game too. I don't think Andy Dalton frightens anyone. 

Luck finished preseason 20-32, a TD and 204 yds.  I have not seen the SF game but I did see the highlight when Luck got flushed out of the pocket and ran for whatever yards and got tackled from behind. He decided not to slide rather, to try to squeak out as many yards as possible. He was shoved from behind landing on his front side. So, apparently even in a game that is meaningless he is willing to risk it all because if you see the clip he could have injured a shoulder in that tackle. You can take the man out of the game but you can't take the game out of the man.

• Like 1

Our tackle play is scary. But it AC can get healthy and play well, and we can get someone comfortable at RT, we will see a much improved o-line that will get better as a unit over time. The interior of the line is going to be much better and will allow Luck to step up more comfortably than he ever has in his career. We saw Andrew look comfortable even in broken down pass protection the other night. He plays his best when stepping up or rolling out around a pass rusher. Reich at his potential in playcalling will open up the running game and receivers in tight coverage. We have seen glimpses in the preseason, it will come down to putting consecutive drives together with one after another. Ebron could be a big time playmaker for us this year going down the middle of the field, which will keep teams honest and take some pressure away from TY. I'm not concerned as much as many think we should be. 

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Good point about getting the ball to guys in open space so they can make plays. The Colts refused to do this before with Chud/Pep...so Luck isn't used to it. It's going to be imperative for this team that can't separate to make big plays when they are schemed open. 

12 minutes ago, GusFring said:

Made me feel better about the upcoming season. His arm looked lively

Yep...that TD pass was so encouraging. Until then, I hadn't seen him go downfield as much. But that pass was a legit NFL pass (even if it sailed a bit). Knowing he can make those passes is a great sign for his health and this team going forward.

12 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Good point about getting the ball to guys in open space so they can make plays. The Colts refused to do this before with Chud/Pep...so Luck isn't used to it. It's going to be imperative for this team that can't separate to make big plays when they are schemed open. 

Yep...that TD pass was so encouraging. Until then, I hadn't seen him go downfield as much. But that pass was a legit NFL pass (even if it sailed a bit). Knowing he can make those passes is a great sign for his health and this team going forward.

The pass to TY at 2:16 was my favorite

• Like 1

I hope they are just saving the long passes for the regular season. Luck isn’t even looking down field when the protection breaks down and there’s no place to dump it off. It’s really good to see him running smartly and avoiding the big hits. He looked really sharp!

9 minutes ago, deedub75 said:

I hope they are just saving the long passes for the regular season. Luck isn’t even looking down field when the protection breaks down and there’s no place to dump it off. It’s really good to see him running smartly and avoiding the big hits. He looked really sharp!

Avoiding the bigs hits he’s still getting hit to much preseason or not. What do you mean he’s avoiding the bigs hits he got hit hard last night after running with the ball  He needs to stop doing that. He could have messed shoulder up again. But I know why he’s doing it though receivers aren’t getting open. 

1 minute ago, superrep1967 said:

Avoiding the bigs hits he’s still getting hit to much preseason or not. What do you mean he’s avoiding the bigs hits he got hit hard last night after running with the ball  He needs to stop doing that. He could have messed shoulder up again. But I know why he’s doing it though receivers aren’t getting open. 

I agree. He needs to take fewer hits. He’s run a lot this preseason which does bother me. Is he running so much because the o line is not good, his receivers aren’t getting good separation, or lack of the deep throws?

23 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he played really well yesterday, I think after last week alot of people panicked. If he plays anywhere near on opening day for just 3 Qtrs like he did yesterday, I don't see us losing to Cincy. I can even see our Defense doing halfway decent in that game too. I don't think Andy Dalton frightens anyone. 

Colts fans panic(overreact) after a preseason game?  That neeeeeever happens...