Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

People Do Realize...

doogansquest

Its like Frog posted.

Personally I will be rooting for Manning except when/if he plays the Colts.

Considering the Colts probably wont be very good next year and wont make the playoffs, im rooting whatever team signs Peyton in the playoffs.

I think it's almost near impossible right now to predict the Colts. New everything in so many areas at the top. We have to see how it all gels and comes together. Hopefully it does.

It's not just on Luck. He is a part of this but it's not all just on him either.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why so many are suprised by the news.

It's been nearly crystal clear for a while that this was bound to happen.

It is time to move on people. Cherish the memories though........

My thoughts exactly. I've been preparing this for awhile now and have long since accepted it. Some people seem shocked by this decision, like they never knew it was coming even though it's been exploited by the media for awhile now. As you said cherish the memories and enjoy a new challenge that awaits for the organization.

Some people act like players don't leave teams. Future hall of famers leave their respective team in many sports on a yearly basis. Heck even Michael Jordan ala the GOAT left the Bulls.

T

PM and JI told Ashley Adamson that they will announce they are parting ways. I do believe this is over.

Well on channel 13 they talked to both of them and they said they wouldn't say anything until tomorrow. Didn't even mention parting of the ways yet just said the would hold the presser tomorrow. They were both laughing and seemed in good spirits.

I think it's almost near impossible right now to predict the Colts. New everything in so many areas at the top. We have to see how it all gels and comes together. Hopefully it does.

It's not just on Luck. He is a part of this but it's not all just on him either.

I hear ya Jules. I just think this team isnt nearly as talented as the Bengals or Texans were (teams that won with rookie QBs). Im just going off the typical rookie QB season.

We'll see though.

"we're gonna do this the right way, tomorrow", was his exact comment i believe. i didnt like the sound of that exact statement.

Just don't read something into it until they have their presser. I thought it was fitting and that they were waiting until tomorrow.

Let's try to be respectful, please. No need for name-calling or any of that; let's keep it civil, please.

As for you wishing Peyton destroys the Colts when they play, I must disagree. It is very likely that the separation is mutual and that Peyton doesn't want to be here. He doesn't want to spend his last few years playing for a rebuilding team and mentoring his replacement when he could leave and go somewhere else and have a better chance to win championships. Sure, it might be loyal to do that, but it wouldn't necessarily be the best thing for him. Athletes want to win and be the best at everything and Peyton is one of the biggest competitors in the league. He wants to go and win while Irsay wants to rebuild his team and let Peyton go and have a chance to win championships

Mutual...with all do respect there is nothing mutual about it. Peyton is gonna go on tv and say it's in the best interest that this happens, of course he's gonna take the high road he always has...but in all actuality he's thinking I gave this franchise everything I had for the last 14 years, from taking a BIG pay cut, playing hurt, to basically playing by himself...now Irsay has the opportunity to make this team a better ovaerall team and let Peyton go out on top without making him have to drag this team through every season...and he's says were moving on without you....that's a slap in the face, but as usual Peyton will be Peyton and take it like the true champ he his and cut his loses...but in the back of his mind he has a stat sheet envisioned, prolly looks like this 35-40 500 yds and 6 TDs, and a "take that Irsay", then when he's walking off the colts field he'll stop put his head down and think...this was my home...I can't believe it

Mutual...with all do respect there is nothing mutual about it. Peyton is gonna go on tv and say it's in the best interest that this happens, of course he's gonna take the high road he always has...but in all actuality he's thinking I gave this franchise everything I had for the last 14 years, from taking a BIG pay cut, playing hurt, to basically playing by himself...now Irsay has the opportunity to make this team a better ovaerall team and let Peyton go out on top without making him have to drag this team through every season...and he's says were moving on without you....that's a slap in the face, but as usual Peyton will be Peyton and take it like the true champ he his and cut his loses...but in the back of his mind he has a stat sheet envisioned, prolly looks like this 35-40 500 yds and 6 TDs, and a "take that Irsay", then when he's walking off the colts field he'll stop put his head down and think...this was my home...I can't believe it

If a coaching staff and management is really stringent about it, they can go from a 4-3 to a 3-4 in 2 years and be done with it in that time. One really important factor for offensive line play is chemistry; the longer guys play together, the better they get. You want Peyton to come back to a rebuilding team, with a rebuilding defense, with an offensive line in flux, with a brand new set of coaches that will want to implement their own systems, and expect him to have success?

I'm a huge Peyton fan; few things would make me happier than seeing Peyton win another one or two championships. But this is not likely the best place for him to win a championship. We have holes all across the board, OL, WR, maybe TE, DT, CB, SS, KR/PR. Plus, the pressure would be on him to mentor Luck. That's like Irsay saying "hey, here is your replacement, not spend the last few years of your career teaching him and making him better than you instead of going out to win a championship". Which would be a bigger slap in the face? Him saying that or him saying "Peyton, you can leave the Colts and go wherever you think you have the best chance of winning a championship"? I'm a huge Peyton fan and it really bums me out that he won't be playing for the Colts anymore...I mean REALLY bums me out. But we have to consider all the perspectives.

Well if he feels

that way he has a right to post what he feels as you post what you feel. That is what a forum is for posting your thoughts. JMO

That is exactly right, Susie. Insulting others is a fast way to time outs. We are all entitled to our opinions.

If a coaching staff and management is really stringent about it, they can go from a 4-3 to a 3-4 in 2 years and be done with it in that time. One really important factor for offensive line play is chemistry; the longer guys play together, the better they get. You want Peyton to come back to a rebuilding team, with a rebuilding defense, with an offensive line in flux, with a brand new set of coaches that will want to implement their own systems, and expect him to have success?

I'm a huge Peyton fan; few things would make me happier than seeing Peyton win another one or two championships. But this is not likely the best place for him to win a championship. We have holes all across the board, OL, WR, maybe TE, DT, CB, SS, KR/PR. Plus, the pressure would be on him to mentor Luck. That's like Irsay saying "hey, here is your replacement, not spend the last few years of your career teaching him and making him better than you instead of going out to win a championship". Which would be a bigger slap in the face? Him saying that or him saying "Peyton, you can leave the Colts and go wherever you think you have the best chance of winning a championship"? I'm a huge Peyton fan and it really bums me out that he won't be playing for the Colts anymore...I mean REALLY bums me out. But we have to consider all the perspectives.

Yes I agree with all this but, this team isn't As bad as every one thinks the defense is based on the offense to score a lot of points, so our pass rushers can get to there QB while he's attempting to throw the ball. If we don't score points they can run the ball, taking our pass rushers and our defense out of the game. Also to think that Irsay didn't even think(at least not long) about trading the pick I bet gets to Peyton. But I actually look forward to Peyton playing on another team, one with a running game and a decent defense.

That he could still be re-signed by the Colts with the terms of a new deal, right? I mean, it was probably a money thing for Mr. Irsay.

Regardless, the Manning saga isn't over. He's just been released...which is exactly what most people expected would happen.

If he goes somewhere else, then I will root for him to demolish this franchise when they meet. When they don't meet, I will be pulling for the Horseshoe to do what they can to not suck with Luck.

All that said, I would count our chickens just yet...

I know this is hard, but give it up man.

I think he is gone but a part of me still wants to hope for the best.

Here is a question that I have..........lets say Peyton goes to another team and wins a couple Super Bowls, lets say he plays 5 more years, breaks some more records, gets a couple more MVP's and decides to retire from THAT team instead of Indy. Would all of you Colts fans that have been in favor of dumping him be upset? Would you feel cheated out of having him be forever a Colt? Or would you accept this decision down the road and not have any issue with it? Somehow I get the feeling that if/when he is successful on another team that this decision and the lack of loyalty will come back to haunt the Colts.

Just my opinion. Not meaning to judge anyone for their thoughts or opinions. Everyone is entitled and I respect all the different opinions around here.

Yes I agree with all this but, this team isn't As bad as every one thinks the defense is based on the offense to score a lot of points, so our pass rushers can get to there QB while he's attempting to throw the ball. If we don't score points they can run the ball, taking our pass rushers and our defense out of the game. Also to think that Irsay didn't even think(at least not long) about trading the pick I bet gets to Peyton. But I actually look forward to Peyton playing on another team, one with a running game and a decent defense.

We actually aren't sure what the team will look like. It's possible that the defense gets worse before it gets better because they will be trying new schemes, new blitzes, new coverages, new roles for players, etc.

I think he is gone but a part of me still wants to hope for the best.

Here is a question that I have..........lets say Peyton goes to another team and wins a couple Super Bowls, lets say he plays 5 more years, breaks some more records, gets a couple more MVP's and decides to retire from THAT team instead of Indy. Would all of you Colts fans that have been in favor of dumping him be upset? Would you feel cheated out of having him be forever a Colt? Or would you accept this decision down the road and not have any issue with it? Somehow I get the feeling that if/when he is successful on another team that this decision and the lack of loyalty will come back to haunt the Colts.

Just my opinion. Not meaning to judge anyone for their thoughts or opinions. Everyone is entitled and I respect all the different opinions around here.

I could see both sides of the argument. Here in Indy, the team gave him complete control of the offense (not even guys like Brady, Brees, and Rodgers have that) and they surrounded him with tons of talent on the offensive side of the ball. With that said, if he has much more success with his new team than with Indy, I can see the argument for that too

I admit to being a forum troll - I don't post much and haven't since the forums changed awhile back, but I used to fairly regularly back on the old forums. Like some other posters have mentioned, they got interested in the NFL and specifically the Colts due to Peyton Manning. I'm one of those... but I've come to love this franchise, the fans and the mindset of our entire organization - even though I've never stepped foot in Indianapolis or attended a game. I've always wanted to do both while PM was still around, but doesn't look like I'll get that chance.

I understand both sides... on the one hand, I totally relate to the heartbreak a lot of Peyton Manning fans are going through. The Colts are the only team some of us know or have ever rooted for. It's only natural to want to follow PM wherever he goes and cheer him on. I'll be one of these people, although whatever team that is will always be secondary to the Colts that I've come to love. It'll be so strange seeing him in another uniform... guess we'll know exactly how the 49'ers felt losing Montana.

On the other hand, the majority of you were Colts fans long before Peyton came along and see this all as a business decision. I get that too, because that's exactly what this is and I think this joint press conference will solidify that. But at the same time, some of you tend to easily disregard the opinions or reactions of us "newbies" - making it seem like we aren't true fans because we came in on the Manning bus.

I can only speak for myself, but I hope I can still be considered a Colts fan. Even though I came in on the Manning bus, doesn't mean I'll be leaving with him. There's a lot to be excited about in Luck... seriously, could there be a better named QB for this franchise? It's destiny. And besides, I've got 2 many darn Colts hats and apparel to jump ship now! ;) But seriously, it hurts like heck that the Manning era is over, but all good things must come to an end. Just sad it had to end this way.

So for what it's worth - and thanks to Peyton, I'm now a Colts fan for life - win or lose. I've got a 3-year old little boy and a baby on the way - it's my mission to make sure I raise them right. :)

Thanks for the memories Peyton - best of luck wherever you go.

But at the same time, some of you tend to easily disregard the opinions or reactions of us "newbies" - making it seem like we aren't true fans because we came in on the Manning bus.

I can only speak for myself, but I hope I can still be considered a Colts fan. Even though I came in on the Manning bus, doesn't mean I'll be leaving with him.

I don't think it is a matter of disregarding the opinions of newbies. Oldies or newbies, IMO, what determines a Colts fan is this:

Who will you root for to win a game between a PM-led team and the Colts?

Those who choose the PM-led team are really just PM fans.

Those who choose the Colts are Colts fans.

Newbies and Oldies can be either. It is really that simple.

Please don't turn this or any other thread into a fan bash session.

As stated earlier, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion - including Doogan.

Many people may feel similar and just because you don't agree doesn't mean you are better or vice-versa.

Lots of fans feel very disillusioned by all of this because it is not indicative of the organization we have come to love and respect over the years.

There are reasons beyond Peyton Manning that made me a fan of the Colts. I (personally) am having a hard time finding many of them right now.

I don't think it is a matter of disregarding the opinions of newbies. Oldies or newbies, IMO, what determines a Colts fan is this:

Who will you root for to win a game between a PM-led team and the Colts?

Those who choose the PM-led team are really just PM fans.

Those who choose the Colts are Colts fans.

Newbies and Oldies can be either. It is really that simple.

I think it's even easier than that. It'sa simple question. Do you like the Colts and follow them? If the answer is yes then you are a fan.

Mort is reporting that Irsay told Peyton that he wants to rebuild with a new QB.

Manning preferred to remain with the Colts, one source said, but a source close to Irsay said theowner concluded that the major restructuring of the organization would include a change at quarterback, likely either former Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck or former Baylor quarterbackRobert Griffin III.

One source close to Irsay said the decision was not financially driven, evidenced by the fact

the owner chose not to engage in negotiations to restructure Manning's contract.

http://espn.go.com/n...nning-wednesday

Well if he feels that way he has a right to post what he feels as you post what you feel. That is what a forum is for posting your thoughts. JMO

Your exactly right. People some of us just have a passion for winning and that's what Peyton brought to us. I don't care that some of you want to kick a hall of gamer to the curb and start a rookie which to me sounds more ridicules then just keeping Peyton. But that's my OP...

What if Peyton Manning signs with another team, and he/they stink?

Will Irsay be vindicated?

I don't think there is any winning or losing in this (except maybe for the fans). Irsay made a calculated business decision based on what he thought was the best thing for the franchise. Manning will ultimately have a better chance to win with the team of his choosing than he would have with current state of the Colts.

What happens after the decision has been made to me has no bearing on the decision itself.

So if I root for Peyton Manning at any point during this season, I am no longer a colts fan? That seems to be the line drawn in the sand on the forums lately.

Not for me.

If Peyton plays somewhere else, I cannot help but want to see him be who he is and do well

I admit to being a forum troll - I don't post much and haven't since the forums changed awhile back, but I used to fairly regularly back on the old forums. Like some other posters have mentioned, they got interested in the NFL and specifically the Colts due to Peyton Manning. I'm one of those... but I've come to love this franchise, the fans and the mindset of our entire organization - even though I've never stepped foot in Indianapolis or attended a game. I've always wanted to do both while PM was still around, but doesn't look like I'll get that chance.

I understand both sides... on the one hand, I totally relate to the heartbreak a lot of Peyton Manning fans are going through. The Colts are the only team some of us know or have ever rooted for. It's only natural to want to follow PM wherever he goes and cheer him on. I'll be one of these people, although whatever team that is will always be secondary to the Colts that I've come to love. It'll be so strange seeing him in another uniform... guess we'll know exactly how the 49'ers felt losing Montana.

On the other hand, the majority of you were Colts fans long before Peyton came along and see this all as a business decision. I get that too, because that's exactly what this is and I think this joint press conference will solidify that. But at the same time, some of you tend to easily disregard the opinions or reactions of us "newbies" - making it seem like we aren't true fans because we came in on the Manning bus.

I can only speak for myself, but I hope I can still be considered a Colts fan. Even though I came in on the Manning bus, doesn't mean I'll be leaving with him. There's a lot to be excited about in Luck... seriously, could there be a better named QB for this franchise? It's destiny. And besides, I've got 2 many darn Colts hats and apparel to jump ship now! ;) But seriously, it hurts like heck that the Manning era is over, but all good things must come to an end. Just sad it had to end this way.

So for what it's worth - and thanks to Peyton, I'm now a Colts fan for life - win or lose. I've got a 3-year old little boy and a baby on the way - it's my mission to make sure I raise them right. :)

Thanks for the memories Peyton - best of luck wherever you go.

Well said

It feels like a death in the family for sure so for a while, there's going to be some anger

But, I hope that both the Colts and Manning do well. Impossible for me to feel otherwise

My nephew posted something about this that made me smile

"I feel like I've been dumped. And when I see Peyton playing for another team, I'll feel like I'm being cheated on"

Your exactly right. People some of us just have a passion for winning and that's what Peyton brought to us. I don't care that some of you want to kick a hall of gamer to the curb and start a rookie which to me sounds more ridicules then just keeping Peyton. But that's my OP...

First of all you are saying that I am kicking Manning to the curb but I didn't say anything except that everyone has a right to post their own thoughts and never once posted a thought for myself. I have been around long enough to keep my personal thoughts to myself so don't accuse me of doing that. I have a lot of respect for Peyton and always have had and will continue to do so.

Your allowed to your opinion but don't bash others when you don't really know their opinion.

First of all you are saying that I am kicking Manning to the curb but I didn't say anything except that everyone has a right to post their own thoughts and never once posted a thought for myself. I have been around long enough to keep my personal thoughts to myself so don't accuse me of doing that. I have a lot of respect for Peyton and always have had and will continue to do so.

Your allowed to your opinion but don't bash others when you don't really know their opinion.

I was agreeing with you!!!!