Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

People Do Realize...

doogansquest

That he could still be re-signed by the Colts with the terms of a new deal, right? I mean, it was probably a money thing for Mr. Irsay.

Regardless, the Manning saga isn't over. He's just been released...which is exactly what most people expected would happen.

If he goes somewhere else, then I will root for him to demolish this franchise when they meet. When they don't meet, I will be pulling for the Horseshoe to do what they can to not suck with Luck.

All that said, I would count our chickens just yet...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, March 7, 2012 - insult
Hidden by Peytongirl, March 7, 2012 - insult

That he could still be re-signed by the Colts with the terms of a new deal, right? I mean, it was probably a money thing for Mr. Irsay.

Regardless, the Manning saga isn't over. He's just been released...which is exactly what most people expected would happen.

If he goes somewhere else, then I will root for him to demolish this franchise when they meet. When they don't meet, I will be pulling for the Horseshoe to do what they can to not suck with Luck.

Pathetic.

I take nothing you say seriously anyway. Might be time to put old doogan on ignore and his ramblings.

T

PM and JI told Ashley Adamson that they will announce they are parting ways. I do believe this is over.

Let me guess....this post reflects the thoughts of the more logical posters on here right?

Seriously. Let it go.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 7, 2012 - quoting deleted post
Hidden by Nadine, March 7, 2012 - quoting deleted post

Pathetic.

I take nothing you say seriously anyway. Might be time to put old doogan on ignore and his ramblings.

Well if he feels that way he has a right to post what he feels as you post what you feel. That is what a forum is for posting your thoughts. JMO

exactly what i expect from a peyton fan

Why would "Colts fans" hope Manning demolishes their favorite team? I never got that kinda idol worship. I love Peyton and hope he does well, if he plays anymore at all that is. Seems a little nutty to support one man soooo much....were Green Bay fans this nutty over Favre?

Why would "Colts fans" hope Manning demolishes their favorite team? I never got that kinda idol worship. I love Peyton and hope he does well, if he plays anymore at all that is. Seems a little nutty to support one man soooo much....were Green Bay fans this nutty over Favre?

doubt it. he got booed repeatedly when he faced the packers

doubt it. he got booed repeatedly when he faced the packers

Yeah, but Favre wanted to play for the Vikings just for the purpose of beating the Packers. They didn't end on good terms. With Peyton and Irsay having a joint press conference, it appears that they will at least publically not place blame on one another.

I don't understand the difference between being a Colts fan and a Manning fan....they were one in the same. I will always wish Peyton the best. He has done many wonderful things for Indiana and the NFL. I'll be honest, Peyton is the reason I got into football. I'm not a bandwagoner or anything like that, I was just young and he sparked my interest. I hate to see him go off to another team, but I understand that it is a business decision. What I don't understand was how some people seem to forget everything Peyton did.

I too will be rooting for Peyton to destroy this team when they meet...which he will, count on it.

But with all the back lash from the fans now, I think oh Andy could be getting a lil cold feet, and could still pull an Elway....god what if Peyton signs else where and luck goes Elway...LA would be in the near future

Let's try to be respectful, please. No need for name-calling or any of that; let's keep it civil, please.

As for you wishing Peyton destroys the Colts when they play, I must disagree. It is very likely that the separation is mutual and that Peyton doesn't want to be here. He doesn't want to spend his last few years playing for a rebuilding team and mentoring his replacement when he could leave and go somewhere else and have a better chance to win championships. Sure, it might be loyal to do that, but it wouldn't necessarily be the best thing for him. Athletes want to win and be the best at everything and Peyton is one of the biggest competitors in the league. He wants to go and win while Irsay wants to rebuild his team and let Peyton go and have a chance to win championships

I don't understand the difference between being a Colts fan and a Manning fan....they were one in the same. I will always wish Peyton the best. He has done many wonderful things for Indiana and the NFL. I'll be honest, Peyton is the reason I got into football. I'm not a bandwagoner or anything like that, I was just young and he sparked my interest. I hate to see him go off to another team, but I understand that it is a business decision. What I don't understand was how some people seem to forget everything Peyton did.

You will see, soon.

I too will be rooting for Peyton to destroy this team when they meet...which he will, count on it.

But with all the back lash from the fans now, I think oh Andy could be getting a lil cold feet, and could still pull an Elway....god what if Peyton signs else where and luck goes Elway...LA would be in the near future

How much backlash? Most I know have expected this for some time and are perfectly calm over it.

shoot, I ran out of "Likes" for the day

So if I root for Peyton Manning at any point during this season, I am no longer a colts fan? That seems to be the line drawn in the sand on the forums lately.

Here is the differentiation point:

Who will you root for to win, in a game between the team led by Peyton Manning and the Colts?

If you choose PM-led team, then you are a Peyton Manning fan

If you choose the Colts, then you are a Colts fan

it was nice seeing Brett beat the Pack with Minnesota. I wouldn't mind 18 getting his revenge against us.

but only once,

as long as it doesn't affect our playoff chances/seeding

And it's not in Indy

And it's only because I believe that if he's healthy enough to beat us then he should have been healthy enough to play for us.

I will still root for PM. He is the Greatest to ever hold a footbal IMO. If we face him i will be torn, but not upset or surprised if he demolishes us. I wouldn't want that by no means I love the Colts. I think he is a unique person, and hope he suceeds. I will follow him and whatever team he chooses. I will continue to follow the colts. I am a PM fan, a huge one as I have stated before. What makes me different is that I will still be a colts fan also. It's not wrong to follow a player and other teams too. I just feel like alot of colts fans threw him aside a long time ago. I also think that when he is healthy and kicking defenses around like he only knows how, alot of people are gonna wish we kept him. Especially with a rebuilding phase that is gonna take a few years to be good IMO. Not to mention you can kiss our FA offense players goodbye, i doubt they come back.

So if I root for Peyton Manning at any point during this season, I am no longer a colts fan? That seems to be the line drawn in the sand on the forums lately.

Its like Frog posted.

Personally I will be rooting for Manning except when/if he plays the Colts.

Considering the Colts probably wont be very good next year and wont make the playoffs, Id probably root for Manning's new team in the playoffs (assuming they get there).

Sorry, but I think I see a Peyton fan that's not taking the transition nicely. You can't take Andrew Luck, the future of the franchise, and he still believes that Manning will return. I love PM, he's by far my favourite player of all time, and he's great! Unfortunately, don't you think if they wanted to work on a new deal, they would have released him at the last minute on the 8th. Sources say he going to be gone and today's the 6th. I just think that it's over and if it wasn't, they would still be negotiating.

Like you said though, I will always love him and I will always cheer for him, maybe for him to beat the Colts, but the Colts are still my favourite team (and by far).