Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 7/27/18

TKnight24

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Loving Deon Cain right now. Seeing his interviews and how he plays. He will be the steal of the entire 2018 draft class. Seems like a very special kid.

That very well might wind up being the case. Most of what I've read about him has him as a first or second round talent. I've gone digging to figure out why he dropped -- he served a suspension two years ago at the end of the season, but dropping from Day 1 to the sixth round is pretty dramatic. Seems like teams still had questions about his character, but his ability on the field isn't really an issue.

I'm excited about Cain. I like Fountain also, but Cain is the more refined of the two.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Superman said:

You mean the "day" of Scott Tolzien...

He got two. Thanksgiving day he looked like he could play, sort of, kind of. Then the week one game last year was so embarrassing, I wonder if he's actually *that* bad or if that was collective thing.

No more days of that guy.

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He got two. Thanksgiving day he looked like he could play, sort of, kind of. Then the week one game last year was so embarrassing, I wonder if he's actually *that* bad or if that was collective thing.

I don't count the Steelers game. That was a fluke. If that game had been on Sunday, Luck probably would have played... They actually planned for Tolzien to play in last year's opener.

11 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

It felt like days 

It felt like a lifetime.

21 minutes ago, Superman said:

That very well might wind up being the case. Most of what I've read about him has him as a first or second round talent. I've gone digging to figure out why he dropped -- he served a suspension two years ago at the end of the season, but dropping from Day 1 to the sixth round is pretty dramatic. Seems like teams still had questions about his character, but his ability on the field isn't really an issue.

I'm excited about Cain. I like Fountain also, but Cain is the more refined of the two.

Depends what you read.  walterfootball had him as the 21st rated WR, 4-6 round.  They had Fountain at 17, also round 4-6.

So, from their perspective both guys were drafted in the right spots.

At this point, where a guy is drafted is meaningless anyway.  But if Cain can use it as motivation, more power to him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Depends what you read.  walterfootball had him as the 21st rated WR, 4-6 round.  They had Fountain at 17, also round 4-6.

At this point, where a guy is drafted is meaningless anyway.  But if Cain can use it as motivation, more power to him.

I agree with Superman.  I think early in the process he was in rounds 1 through 3.  I had him mocked to us at one time with one of our seconds.  But I also noticed as it got closer to draft day pundits had him mocked in later rounds.  Like Superman, I never read anything about his character recently.  I think I read where he had some questionable drops in college and his hands may have measured small, so maybe NFL scouts thought that would be a chronic issue.

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I'm not a huge fan of WF, so I wasn't even aware of where they ranked him. But NFL.com's Lance Zierlein had him in rounds 2-3, Matt Miller said 2-3, Todd McShay at one point mocked him to the Packers in the first round, then later to the Titans and Bills in the third round, etc. 

But like you said, I'm not overly concerned with where he's drafted. Just saying that I think most people who watched him in college recognize him as a really good prospect, and the only reason he lasted so long is off the field concerns. That being the case, I definitely think he represents a steal for the Colts in the 6th round.

• Like 2

I think the reason Cain dropped is because he didn't have a great year statistically last year because he lost his QB Watson to the draft.  He probably could have been a 1st or 2nd. rd. pick himself if he came out with Watson.  He stayed for his last year and really didn't produce the numbers.  He payed the price but it looks like the talent is there and with Luck we could have hit the lottery.  

• Thanks 1

Cain seems to be the name that keeps popping up. That’s a really good sign. Rogers and Grant shouldn’t get too comfortable. This kid could could start biting into their reps. I love the competition at WR. Everyone has got to earn it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

Cain seems to be the name that keeps popping up. That’s a really good sign. Rogers and Grant shouldn’t get too comfortable. This kid could could start biting into their reps. I love the competition at WR. Everyone has got to earn it.

Got so many hungry guys looking for things to prove at WR. Rogers trying to step in permanently after flashing for so long. Grant has a chip on his shoulder from being snaked by Baltimore, and Cain trying to make the rest of the league pay for passing on him at least 5 times. Gonna be fun.

5 hours ago, The Fish said:

Bro his first pass attempt against the Steelers was fumble. And then his first pass attempt against the Rams was a freaking pick six.

My goodness he was bad :facepalm:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think the reason Cain dropped is because he didn't have a great year statistically last year because he lost his QB Watson to the draft.  He probably could have been a 1st or 2nd. rd. pick himself if he came out with Watson.  He stayed for his last year and really didn't produce the numbers.  He payed the price but it looks like the talent is there and with Luck we could have hit the lottery.  

There was buzz that Cain had off the field issues,  including marijuana.     I think that's more the reason a kid would fall to the 6th round.    Lots of baggage.