Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Cleveland Go Barkley #1 and Chubb at #4?

Could Cleveland Go Barkley #1 and Chubb at #4? How Likely is this to happen?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Could Cleveland Go Barkley #1 and Chubb at #4? How Likely is this to happen?

• 100%
    • 80%
    • 60%
    • 40%
    • 20%
    • 0%

I don't think any team that has Taylor and Stanton as qb's thinks they are set and passes on a potential franchise qb in the draft. 

The Browns have stop gaps now. Their qb of the future will taken with the  # 1 pick on draft night. 

• Like 4

If they are smart they will. I've never expected us to get Barkley or Chubb. Now I've dismissed Nelson and moved on. 2 or 3 for the price of one makes more since with the holes we need to fill. Now move to # 12 and get even more bodies. I'll  take six 3 star caliber athletes over two 4 star athletes every draft. Strength in numbers and not that much of a drop off in talent IMO. 

• Like 2

The Browns know how badly they have screwed up the QB position. Wentz was bad enough, but passing on Watson last year made their decision making even more questionable, so Sashi Brown paid the price. The base is getting very impatient, and they are going to draft a QB at 1. Plus Taylor is nothing more than a placeholder for a year while Darnold or Allen imho sit for a year, and then I think they will trade him. 

Taylor was the perfect choice for a year since he is looking to continue his audition and find a team who will make him their long term number 1. I don't know if it happens, but he was a good choice. I believe Stanton was brought in to be the long term backup to mentor Darnold or Allen since that is a very important role, and if they pick Allen, they really need a solid mentoring QB who has seen a lot of play. So the Browns will take a QB at 1, the question is what do they do with the 4. The two picks which decide what happens to us at 6 will be the Giants at 2 who I believe will take a QB, and all they say is a smokescreen. Eli has been trending down for awhile. The second jinga block to fall will be what Cleveland does at 4, but no way do they take Barkley and Chubb.

I think the most likely team to get Chubb if things play out in the QB realm as I suspect will be Denver. Less than four weeks!

• Like 2

Getting Chubb would make their DLine insane and getting barkley with hyde as a 1-2 punch would be nice as well Tyrod is a solid starter I believe will be a better option than 50% of the Qbs that are 1st round prospects with that being said I see them going QB at 1 or 4 because they feel the pressure the world puts on them to get it right finally If I was the GM I am taking Barkley and Chubb or Fitz or Ward have a defensive powerhouse with star power on offense with the WR core and Barkley/Hyde

• Like 2

If I was then I'd definitely toy with the idea. They're the two best players and they could probably help the browns as long term building blocks.

Don't think they'd have the balls to do it though. After already being criticised for missing out and passing up on several franchise quarterbacks in recent times they'd get murdered for it.

Having a coach who is 1 and 31 means that the long term benefits will get pushed to one side.

7 minutes ago, ClaytonColt said:

If I was then I'd definitely toy with the idea. They're the two best players and they could probably help the browns as long term building blocks.

Don't think they'd have the balls to do it though. After already being criticised for missing out and passing up on several franchise quarterbacks in recent times they'd get murdered for it.

Having a coach who is 1 and 31 means that the long term benefits will get pushed to one side.

If they have the one of the big 4 QB's rated as one of the top 4 players in the draft, they will absolutely take a QB.  If they don't have such a rating on Allen, Darnold, Mayfield or Rosen, they should pass regardless of what the masses think.

Dorsey has the long term view and leash and will be the one making the pick.  This is not a Hugh Jackson thing.  

• Like 1

I think the possibility of it happening scares fans of these particular players. Making the assumption that it won't happen is merely based on emotions and feelings. The Browns have always struggled with the QB position so why miss one great player and a once in a lifetime player NOW when they've already traded for a QB and a backup that can play and win. IMO none of the QB's in the draft are worth picking over Chubb , Nelson , or Barkley. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, loudnproudcolt said:

The Browns know how badly they have screwed up the QB position. Wentz was bad enough, but passing on Watson last year made their decision making even more questionable, so Sashi Brown paid the price. The base is getting very impatient, and they are going to draft a QB at 1. Plus Taylor is nothing more than a placeholder for a year while Darnold or Allen imho sit for a year, and then I think they will trade him. 

Taylor was the perfect choice for a year since he is looking to continue his audition and find a team who will make him their long term number 1. I don't know if it happens, but he was a good choice. I believe Stanton was brought in to be the long term backup to mentor Darnold or Allen since that is a very important role, and if they pick Allen, they really need a solid mentoring QB who has seen a lot of play. So the Browns will take a QB at 1, the question is what do they do with the 4. The two picks which decide what happens to us at 6 will be the Giants at 2 who I believe will take a QB, and all they say is a smokescreen. Eli has been trending down for awhile. The second jinga block to fall will be what Cleveland does at 4, but no way do they take Barkley and Chubb.

I think the most likely team to get Chubb if things play out in the QB realm as I suspect will be Denver. Less than four weeks!

Hindsight is 20/20 but Brown and the Browns trading the #12 pick last year for another 1st round pick and another pick that ended up being the 4th overall pick this year turn out pretty good for them.

Having the #1 and the #4 pick in this draft is huge for the Browns.

I am not too sure drafting Watson last year at pick 12 would have worked out better for them.

Dorsey is now in charge and has a pretty impressive history behind him.

Now they are in position to get their QB and maybe Barkley too. If they don't get Barkley or Chubb they are in great shape to trade down for more picks.

Like it or not it is the Browns who control the first 6 or 7 picks in this draft.

If the Browns don't draft a QB with at least one of those picks... they deserve to go 0-16 for the next 10 years... and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should be moved from Cleveland to Salt Lake City. :omg:

Seriously... I'd be surprised if Jimmy Haslam would allow it.

22 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

If the Browns don't draft a QB with at least one of those picks... they deserve to go 0-16 for the next 10 years... and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame should be moved from Cleveland to Salt Lake City. :omg:

Seriously... I'd be surprised if Jimmy Haslam would allow it.

Hell, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame should have never been in Cleveland in the first place. If it were someplace else they might actually vote some real deserving rock people into it and not voted a bunch in who are not rock and rollers. haha 

The list of non rockers is ridiculous.

I'm almost certain(as much as a fan can be)

QB, will go 1-2-3.

If NYG are not going to take a QB, then they will have to good of an offer to pass and will trade out. We will say Buffalo for the sake of this post.

So that looks like this:

1.QB

2.QB

3.QB

4.?

My thoughts on Cleveland at #4 is the same as #2. I think MIA/ARI might try to hop in front of Denver and get the 4th QB.

So 100% chance QB goes 1,2,3. imo

And a good chance Cleveland trades out of #4 

Leaving 2 of, Barkley, Chubb and Nelson available at #6.

So, Browns take a QB and maybe 1 of those guys.

13 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

If the Browns go QB #1 then they will go Barkley at #4 given he's available Remember no one drafts a RB that high LOL. 

They will take Chubb at 4 over Barkley they want QBs to fear them 

I can't say it's impossible but I believe their new GM was critical of their old GM for not going after QB's they had a chance at getting.  

Remember in 2016 Cleveland traded away the pick that was used to pick Carson Wentz.  In 2017 they traded away the pick that was used to take Deshaun Watson.

Those are two big missed chances they had to turn the entire franchise around.

I get the feeling that this GM is going to grab a QB in the first.  Either with 1 or 4.  

I'm not so sure they are set on drafting a QB at #1 or #4 with their recent history not only drafting bad QBs but with their record.  I think guys that will help them win now are more important than a QB 1-2 years away... 0-32 or 1-31 over the last 2 years... I think ownership wants to see progress...7-9 or 8-8 would be like winning the Super Bowl for this franchise.  An experienced QB for this team is the more appropriate option...than looking for that first winning lottery ticket in a top 5 QB.  50% fail... Ray/Colin make a good point about QBs...

Could they?  Sure, there's always a chance, especially with the laughingstock franchise of the last decade +, so I gave it a 20% chance.  Will they?  Not likely.  I think even the Browns have realized this league is more QB driven than ever and they can't resist taking Darnold #1.  I see a lot giving them Chubb at #4 but I think it's gonna be Barkley.  I don't think the Browns can resist that talent and the best RB in this draft.  They will have visions of Jim Brown Jr.  And they just drafted their future stud DE last season, so IMHO this pick at this level would be overkill.  They say take the best player available, and IMHO Barkley is the best overall player in this draft, and it will be easier for the Browns than any other team to follow this mantra since they will already have their QB.