Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep Calm, still plenty of upgrades available....

28 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

Do you think Cousins is better than Andrew Luck? Granted, Luck missed last season, but have we that quickly forgotten just how good of  QB he is? Wilson has had more team success, but if Luck would have been on the Seahawks, I guarantee they would have more than 1 Super Bowl win. Luck has done far more with a much weaker supporting cast.

Cousins is out of dysfunctional Washington. We should soon see how good he can be with a solid Viking team.

Wilson has shown he is a Top caliber QB since he no longer had a Great Defense and Lynch to rely on.

Luck has missed 23 games in last 2 seasons. I have no idea if Luck will be back healthy or even if he comes back Healthy how long he can stay healthy....and no one else does either.

Luck is a question mark going forward till he proves otherwise.

I am not shocked to see Ballard not jumping in on the day one over pay free agent day.  He has said they have to build through the draft not free agency.  So I don’t think over paying for guys is something he’s going to do.  He’s going to spend money on multiple players like he did last year and if a guy who makes sense for the Colts slips in free agency and he can get him for the right price he will do it like he did with Hankins last year.  

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

RB - Isiah Crowell, Dion Lewis, Jerrick McKinnon

FB - Zach Line

WR - Paul Richardson, Marqise Lee, Donte Moncreif, Jordan Matthews, Terrelle Pryor, Albert Wilson

TE - Tyler Eifert, Luke Willson, Levine Toilolo, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins

OT - Nate Solder, Justin Pugh (or OG ) Cameron Fleming Chris Hubbard

OG - Jack Mewhort, Josh Kline, Josh Sitton, Kevin Pamphile, Senio Kelemete

DE - Alex Okafor, Barkevious Mingo, Adrian Clayborn, Jerry Attauchu, Kony Ealy, 

DT - Donkey Kong Suh (my dark horse pick), Muhammad Wilkerson, Dontari Poe

LB - Nigel Bradham, Tahir Whitehead, Avery Williamson, Zach Brown, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Christian Jones 

CB - Trumaine Johnson, Kyle Fuller, Morris Claiborne, Nickell Roby-Coleman, Prince Amukamara, Rashaan Melvin, Pierre Desir, Malcom Butler

S - Eric Reid, Kenny Vaccaro, Lamarcus Joyner....

Those would be my targets....doesn't mean we sign all....or any...but those are the ones I'm most interested in.

6 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Richardson joined Washington. Wilson went to Miami.

Yeah...literally almost as soon as I posted lol...yeah...free agency going fast. Won't be too long and it will just be the Colts and Jets with any free agent money left....and then we will have pick of the litter. I know people think its the dumpster bin but really its the clearance rack...and sometimes you find a gem on there. I know a guy that just goes around buying tools etc off clearance racks and then sells them online and makes a good living doing that. Just need to know the value of something....and I think Ballard knows the value pretty well of what these free agents are worth.

5 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

FB - Zach Line

WR - Paul Richardson, Marqise Lee, Donte Moncreif, Jordan Matthews, Terrelle Pryor

LB - Nigel Bradham, Tahir Whitehead, Avery Williamson, Zach Brown, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Christian Jones 

CB - Trumaine Johnson, Kyle Fuller, Morris Claiborne, Nickell Roby-Coleman, Prince Amukamara, Rashaan Melvin, Pierre Desir

No more Richardson...

5 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

FB - Zach Line

WR - Paul Richardson, Marqise Lee, Donte Moncreif, Jordan Matthews, Terrelle Pryor

CB - Trumaine Johnson, Kyle Fuller, Morris Claiborne, Nickell Roby-Coleman, Prince Amukamara, Rashaan Melvin, Pierre Desir

Updated.

WR is getting thin, but I think someone like Jordan Matthews on a cheap contract would be great.

28 minutes ago, Shive said:

Updated.

WR is getting thin, but I think someone like Jordan Matthews on a cheap contract would be great.

Ive been thinking for awhile now that we will end up letting all the high priced WRs go elsewhere. My dark horse guy has been Dontrelle Inman, a player familiar with Reichs system from their time together with the Chargers. Hes not super flashy but hes put up decent performances when he isnt buried on a depth chart. 

The longer we wait, the less we overpay......I like it........I like it a lot.....get some prospects, and some roster filler....and lets go draft some difference makers to lead them into battle.........the idea is to REBUILD the team not RE-BUY the team, that's how we got here in the first place....Everyone remain calm until the ride comes to a complete stop

Good grief...to those saying the stupid "free agency hasn't started" are you blind, that's about 40 Free agents now signed and not 1 is to the Colts....I Trust Ballard , but my god this team has 8-10 holes, you have to get something done and spend some money to make upgrades over the 4-12 team we just all watched...I have seen NO improvement of the roster, and we have now lost some players. Do we have a special time when only we get to spend $$ that we all don't know about?

5 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Cousins is out of dysfunctional Washington. We should soon see how good he can be with a solid Viking team.

Wilson has shown he is a Top caliber QB since he no longer had a Great Defense and Lynch to rely on.

Luck has missed 23 games in last 2 seasons. I have no idea if Luck will be back healthy or even if he comes back Healthy how long he can stay healthy....and no one else does either.

Luck is a question mark going forward till he proves otherwise.

Even so, just looking at what they have done so far in their careers I would say that Luck has done far more with much less. Yes he has missed games because he was playing behind a substandard line with a poor offensive coordinator. Let's save this post and come back and see after the season who the better QB is. I'll put my money on Luck. If he isn't the better QB I will gladly say I was wrong. So far Luck has a better record and more playoff wins despite missing those 23 games!

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Does anyone know what the salary floor is for us this season? How much do we have to spend to meet that requirement?

Believe I saw something that said around $36mil.

Could be wrong.

Still some good names out there. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000917412/article/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2018-kirk-cousins-tops-the-board

The way Ballard is approaching this fits his roster building approach. Build through and stack drafts. Supplement with FA. The difference is when he says supplement with FA its kind of clear from last years FA period he really likes to get his ducks in a row after the initial feeding frenzy. He likes to find Blue Collar guys like Sheard, Simon, Mingo, Margus Hunt. Guys who are hungry to prove themselves, have shown to be good athletes, hard workers and good team mates. You will see him get busy bringing in these same type of players over the next few days just like last year. He will probably pay out a big contract here or there, but its mostly going to be guys similar to what we did last year on short term contracts and guaranteed money up front. Think about how he started this year. First name you heard was a blue collar guy in Mayowa. Then you heard stuff like Austin Sefarian Jenkins. Its either going to be a blue collar guy who is on the verge of a break out. Or it will be a high caliber athlete who was previously drafted high, but didnt pan out for xyz reason who they think is hungry and they can coach up.

This guy its sort of clear he doesnt believe in tying up a bunch of cap with long term FA deals. If he does something like that the player has to be a really good fit and even then he isn't going to overpay beyond the price he set. Its clear to me in most cases he wants to keep the FA players around long enough to help groom and grow his drafted players. From there when its time the FA players are able to get back into FA again with another team and that person can be replaced by one of his drafted players. Get used to it! This guys isn't going to go out and be handing out large contracts like candy and getting into bidding wars for players.

8 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Has everybody forgiven Crowell for his social media post of a police officer being restrained and having his throat slit.....?

Hard pass on that kind of potential locker room cancer.

I never heard about that, if that’s true I hope he sits on a bench for the rest of his career! There should be no room on any roster for that worthless peice of ____! It’s sickening how screwed up the world is today...

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Dude will be a Superbowl champ in a few years funny how everyone talks crap about cousins when he is prolly the 2nd best QB in his draft only one better is Luck 

Cousins is a good starting QB, and good enough for MN for sure, but he's treated like a GOAT candidate in the media, and now payed like one, he is a surefire case of right place, right time.....

1 hour ago, Shafty138 said:

Cousins is a good starting QB, and good enough for MN for sure, but he's treated like a GOAT candidate in the media, and now payed like one, he is a surefire case of right place, right time.....

No one is treating him like a goat he has been treated like crap by Washington so people are just glad he finally got what he deserved 

I may be a newbie here, but I know my football. So before Free Agency began, I figured we would get Norwell, Hitchens, either Carlos Hyde or a WR, then resign a couple guys, and we would be improved. Then yesterday and this morning occurred. None of them. 

I have watched every team in our division get better. We had the 3rd most money to spend and have basically done nothing that any of us know about. Now could it all work out? Sure it could, but those saying dont panic, relax...are you serious?

On 13/3/2018 at 5:28 PM, Shafty138 said:

FB - Zach Line

There's still linebackers Preston Brown, Zach Brown, Demario Davis and Todd Davis.

CB - E.J. Gaines, T.J. Carrie

DL- DaQuan Jones

Matt Slauson could probably be useful as an experienced G/C, if he's recovered.

All those linebackers could be useful, Gaines/Carrie would be good additions to our current roster,as would DaQuan Jones.

Suh is a pass for me.

Had hoped for at least one major signing (Norwell), and yeah.. Slightly disappointed that we haven't been more active. Yes, I know that not everything is out in the open, but nothing has been mentioned anywhere with regards to the Colts being in the running for any of the players that could really make a difference.

1 hour ago, CopenhagenColt said:

There's still linebackers Preston Brown, Zach Brown, Demario Davis and Todd Davis.

CB - E.J. Gaines, T.J. Carrie

DL- DaQuan Jones

Matt Slauson could probably be useful as an experienced G/C, if he's recovered.

All those linebackers could be useful, Gaines/Carrie would be good additions to our current roster,as would DaQuan Jones.

Suh is a pass for me.

Had hoped for at least one major signing (Norwell), and yeah.. Slightly disappointed that we haven't been more active. Yes, I know that not everything is out in the open, but nothing has been mentioned anywhere with regards to the Colts being in the running for any of the players that could really make a difference.

- And now Demario Davis has struck a deal with the Saints