Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tweet about Luck's bicep 2-16-18

JRnINDY

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

This is what I thought too.  The two are connected, so it could just be a matter of semantics.  For example, if the shoulder is damaged at the point where the biceps attaches, then some will say shoulder and some might get technical and say bicep.  Either way, I'm going to ignore what the media says.  I still think Luck will be fine come opening day.

It’s kinda like the arm is the arm is the arm. That’s why when you work out, you don’t just work out your biceps because then it would disbalance the strength between the two. Andrew probably had to overcompensate in 2016 with his bicep since his shoulder motion was shorter. I hope he can get it fixed with physical therapy, that’s the best case scenario at this point. 

Also(why did my autocorrect change this to Malala?): 

i agree that Luck should be fine opening day. Docs confirmed his surgery went well yet speculation comes up about it not being okay. Where from? Why? Not the doctors and I don’t know why, for media attention I guess. Ballard’s driving the media up the wall with the ‘keep it quiet’ strategy and I love it. 

9 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

It’s kinda like the arm is the arm is the arm. That’s why when you work out, you don’t just work out your biceps because then it would disbalance the strength between the two. Andrew probably had to overcompensate in 2016 with his bicep since his shoulder motion was shorter. I hope he can get it fixed with physical therapy, that’s the best case scenario at this point. 

Also(why did my autocorrect change this to Malala?): 

i agree that Luck should be fine opening day. Docs confirmed his surgery went well yet speculation comes up about it not being okay. Where from? Why? Not the doctors and I don’t know why, for media attention I guess. Ballard’s driving the media up the wall with the ‘keep it quiet’ strategy and I love it. 

Middle of April, end of the first OTAs.  That should be the first milestone.  If he's throwing during the OTAs and by the end he's feeling good, this bad dream will be on its way to being a memory.

I just hope we're not waiting for him to throw for the first time in July.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

This is all old news drummed up by a media hack. Not much going on in the NFL community right now so lets just bring back some old rumors to get us some hits.

Glazer us NOT a media hack.   I don't know where you got thus from.   And while this is a quiet time for fans, it's not a quiet time for those who actually the NFL.   Now us the time that everything happens that impacts the new season.

I don't know that there is SNYTHING new here....    thus may indeed be old news...   but it might be new news...    too early to know.

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

My question is if all these rumors are true and Luck really does need a second surgery.   Why hasn't he already gotten it done?

I’m no doctor but I’ve been thinking the same thing for a long time.  It’s kind of frustrating if they wait another month or two then he gets surgery again.  

JMV indicated this morning that Glazer may be appearing on his show this afternoon so maybe we will get some more information.  If another procedure is needed, i would expect that it wont be announced until after season ticket renewals are done.   I'm to the point now where if he plays that great, if he doesn't play oh well.  This is a team game, he has already missed over a year anyway and there is no guarantee even if he comes back that he will be as good as what he was. Take the guys who are healthy and move forward. If there is no faith in Jacoby then draft another QB at some point in this years draft and lets go.

5 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

JMV indicated this morning that Glazer may be appearing on his show this afternoon so maybe we will get some more information.  If another procedure is needed, i would expect that it wont be announced until after season ticket renewals are done.   I'm to the point now where if he plays that great, if he doesn't play oh well.  This is a team game, he has already missed over a year anyway and there is no guarantee even if he comes back that he will be as good as what he was. Take the guys who are healthy and move forward. If there is no faith in Jacoby then draft another QB at some point in this years draft and lets go.

No, not ticketgate!

28 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Regardless, the Colts will play....and I will root for them. Silly to feel anguish over something you have absolutely no control over. Go Colts!

Perfectly said. We got through last year without Andrew and I don't think anyone ended up in the hospital or died from the Colts not having Andrew. Maybe it will be another hard "Luck" year for us but the sun will still come out...we will still live in a free country...and thank God he is still in control and he loves us. We will be just fine. Maybe we wait til 2019 to get Luck back....maybe we draft a kid...but there should still be football on sundays for us to watch.

3 hours ago, JMichael557 said:

you will notice the comment is in quotes. You can look up Luck's surgery on the internet. Almost all sites talk about the need to reattach the bicep. When the reports of delayed recover came out there were doctors discussing the fact that his problem is related to the bicep not being reattached. By the way I do have a J.D. does that count. 

YEP

33 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Glazer us NOT a media hack.   I don't know where you got thus from.   And while this is a quiet time for fans, it's not a quiet time for those who actually the NFL.   Now us the time that everything happens that impacts the new season.

I don't know that there is SNYTHING new here....    thus may indeed be old news...   but it might be new news...    too early to know.

Glazer hasn't been on any radar in quite a while. The media is the media. It's their business to get their hits and sell their air time. What Glazer has put out is old news. Sorry NCF, If Glazer is going to report old news that puts him in the hack category.  If this ends up being something new I will change my opinion.

30 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Surprised no one’s posted the actual video of this brief interview. It’s definitely not as doom & gloom as that tweet suggests.

Wow?  So all this started over someone calling in?  It was speculation at the most.  If Glazer tweeted a problem over this call in, shame on him.

6 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Welp, wouldn't be shocking if true.

Although maybe he's just parroting off the Mortensen reports, same bit of pretty vague info that we've heard for a while now. My hope is, if he actually does end up needing another surgery, that he gets it done quickly.

Well, I heard that the bicep isn't a long recovery like the shoulder was if he needs surgery on it. 

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

Hearing this news makes me wonder what (if any) impact this had on Mcd's decision to bail on the Colts?  Let's face it, most new coach's success is largely tied to their team's QB situation/stability.

In the interview (if you can actually call a 2 minute phone call an "interview"), Glazer said this had zero to do with that turncoat in New England backing out.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Glazer hasn't been on any radar in quite a while. The media is the media. It's their business to get their hits and sell their air time. What Glazer has put out is old news. Sorry NCF, If Glazer is going to report old news that puts him in the hack category.  If this ends up being something new I will change my opinion.

Typical response from you

if you listen to the video post you will see he was asked.  "Tell is what you know about Andrew Luck".    That's what he did.   He didn't say this was breaking news.   He answered the question

The bicep issue has always been questioned because it should have been taken care of at the time of the first surgery. But Luck and his Dr decided not to do it.    When the pain was when he started throwing Dr Andrews explained this.  And said he always does both surgeries at the same time because of this issue

The bicep can actually detach and that is was the worry is

since the Dr Andrews report I have felt this was a possible issue in the future. Seems like it possible moreso now 

4 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Hearing this news makes me wonder what (if any) impact this had on Mcd's decision to bail on the Colts?  Let's face it, most new coach's success is largely tied to their team's QB situation/stability.

I doubt it. Reich took the job and Andrew himself said he is making progress. So I highly doubt it.

33 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

I’m no doctor but I’ve been thinking the same thing for a long time.  It’s kind of frustrating if they wait another month or two then he gets surgery again.  

I'm sure he's listening to the doctors and they have done an MRI on the bicep and if surgery is needed I'm sure they've told him so. 

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

From the start Ballard said his coaching choice would not be determined by Luck.

I have no clue if Luck had anything to do with McD backing out and we will never know.

IMO McD backed out because he didn't have the cahunas to stand on his own two feet like a man.

We now have a head coach who grabbed his chance to be a head coach. That has been something he has been working at for a long time. I am glad it worked out this way. We have a man, not a boy as our head coach.

4 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Typical response from you

if you listen to the video post you will see he was asked.  "Tell is what you know about Andrew Luck".    That's what he did.   He didn't say this was breaking news.   He answered the question

The bicep issue has always been questioned because it should have been taken care of at the time of the first surgery. But Luck and his Dr decided not to do it.    When the pain was when he started throwing Dr Andrews explained this.  And said he always does both surgeries at the same time because of this issue

The bicep can actually detach and that is was the worry is

since the Dr Andrews report I have felt this was a possible issue in the future. Seems like it possible moreso now 

Typical response by you. My comment was made before I watched the video. Your poor attempt to antagonize me didn't work. Sorry, try again.

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Nobody here knows if this is old news.      It may be new.     Glazer may have something new.

2 hours ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I personally feel like the team is expecting the best but preparing for the worst when it comes to Andrew Luck. At least I hope that's what they are doing.

I know Frank Reich has been talking like Ballard wants. I mean Ballard said he didn't want a coach that the only cares whether Luck gets healthy to take the job. So it sounds like Reich understands that so he's talking this way to satisfy his boss. But deep down inside he's praying that Luck gets healthy.  

I have had the same surgery twice on my throwing shoulder. Never had to do anything with the bicep tendon. It was sore afterward, but usually goes away after some time. I think Andrew will be fine until I hear different. It takes about 1 year for your shoulder to feel normal again. Hes currently there looking forward to seeing him on the field.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

Nobody here knows if this is old news.      It may be new.     Glazer may have something new.

After watching and hearing what was said I don't think so. The caller was just repeating what we have been reading right here in this forum for quite a while.

I don't follow tweeter so I don't know what was tweeted. Just going by what was said at the start of this thread.

3 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I know Frank Reich has been talking like Ballard wants. I mean Ballard said he didn't want a coach that the only cares whether Luck gets healthy to take the job. So it sounds like Reich understands that so he's talking this way to satisfy his boss. But deep down inside he's praying that Luck gets healthy.  

That would be the natural thing to think but he will prepare the team regardless. He will be up to the challenge IMO.

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Wow?  So all this started over someone calling in?  It was speculation at the most.  If Glazer tweeted a problem over this call in, shame on him.

Glazer DIDN'T tweet out anything.     He made NO Andrew Luck tweet.

The person who made the tweet was.....     Tiki Barber. 

This news (which as best as I can tell, is NOT new)  was new to Tiki.      So, he has Glazer on the phone,   JG gives him the latest info -- which we all know -- and it appears Barber thought he had Breaking News and he fires off a tweet.

This is on Barber, who I don't think of as a Journalist.     This is not on Jay Glazer.     It appears Barber thought he had something hot,  something new,  and wanted to get it out in the public domain.    It's his mistake.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Glazer DIDN'T tweet out anything.     He made NO Andrew Luck tweet.

The person who made the tweet was.....     Tiki Barber. 

This news (which as best as I can tell, is NOT new)  was new to Tiki.      So, he has Glazer on the phone,   JG gives him the latest info -- which we all know -- and it appears Barber thought he had Breaking News and he fires off a tweet.

This is on Barber, who I don't think of as a Journalist.     This is not on Jay Glazer.     It appears Barber thought he had something hot,  something new,  and wanted to get it out in the public domain.    It's his mistake.

Fair enough. I will back off my comment but I am just naturally suspicious of all media after what this teams been through in that regards.

Ballard took this job with no assurance of Andrew Luck's health...and I'm sure he expects the same from Frank. You take the job because your excited to lead the Indianapolis Colts....there are no promises in life. Frank was excited to coach a steller franchise with or without Andrew. No matter how "magical" Andrew is Frank didn't sign on for one guy...and as his presser stated...he lost his qb in Philly and that didn't stop them from winning the SB. He will coach this team and do the best they can regardless of who is playing qb. It would be a blessing if it's Andrew but I think this staff knows this is the NFL...expect the unexpected and prepared to lead the team without him if necessary. They signed on not for Andrew but for the whole Colts.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Fair enough. I will back off my comment but I am just naturally suspicious of all media after what this teams been through in that regards.

I do agree with this. Like I Posted a few minutes ago, how would anyone know what Andrew's health is anyway outside of him, his Docs, and our FO. Until Ballard gets up in front of a podium and says- Andrew needs another surgery then everything reported/said is irrelevant. Also lets say he needs the Biceps surgery, you guys do know recovery time on that is basically only 3 months. It's not near as bad as the initial shoulder surgery. I am not a doctor but know this to be true.