Welcome Coach Reich!!

Barry Sears

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is the most positive Thread I think I have ever seen in here since I became a member, not 1 bad thing has been said about Frank. What is there not to love about Frank actually? The guys resume speaks for itself as he played QB for Marv Levy, mainly as a backup to Jim Kelly but was in 4 SB's. Those years alone one gains tremendous knowledge of the game. Then of course last season with Philly being the OC, he may have not called the plays but he helped prepare the Offense and helped with in game strategies. More knowledge gained. I mean Philly's Offense won a SB with Nick Foles at QB, imagine what Reich can do with a healthy Andrew Luck. Cant wait for the season to start already. I haven't been this excited since going into the 2014/15 AFC Title Game.

Yeah let's see how long it lasts!

I was able to watch the press conference replay on Twitter. It had a few interruptions, but it ended where it should have.

Impressed by the way Reich spoke and how passionate and considerably happy he is to be the Colts head coach. Looking forward to seeing how he assembles the staff.

28 minutes ago, krunk said:

Everybody is in love right now including me!  It's just odd because I've never seen so many in this place have so much positive to say about one guy almost unanimously minus an outlier here and there.  Oh Franks so smart, Oh he's so experienced, Oh he's a man of great faith, Oh he's one of Peytons favorites!  I think it's going to turn out well, but I'm interested to see how much slack he get's if it starts out rough.  Will you still trust that he has the right makeup to get the ship righted?

Feel the Love in the Air a fresh breeze is blowing thru the forum its like seeing a Unicorn its called  Optimism  the giddiness is contagious ,

But rest assured  the haters will rear there less than beautiful collective  heads if things get off to a rough start . I would almost make a wager that the honeymoon is short lived & before a game is ever played we will hear rumblings as soon as the draft or shortly there after .

Image result for memes with mobs with pitchforks

5 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Feel the Love in the Air a fresh breeze is blowing thru the forum its like seeing a Unicorn its called  Optimism  the giddiness is contagious ,

But rest assured  the haters will rear there less than beautiful collective  heads if things get off to a rough start . I would almost make a wager that the honeymoon is short lived & before a game is ever played we will hear rumblings as soon as the draft or shortly there after .

Image result for memes with mobs with pitchforks

LOL...

yeah things are already set up for post draft backlash for Ballard & or Reich with the Barkley vs Chubb debate... Hopefully Barkley is just already off the board so it isn't even an issue...

LOL...

55 minutes ago, krunk said:

Can't wait to see what you guys say after a couple plays you don't like.   Damn it I'm sick of that Frank Reich.   He's just not a leader at all, blah blah blah.  It doesn't take long for this crowd to turn on somebody.  LOL!

Half the board will want him gone by the second quarter of the 1st preseason game.

Couldn't be more happier about this hire.  A guy who truly wants to be a horseshoe, a coach who is all in and isn't mightier than the room.  Someone with a connection to the organization, a conduit to some of the greatest players, a person spoken highly of wherever he's been, someone who took time out to reflect on the important things in life and who also gravitated back to the most important sport in the city of Indy.  A coach who respects an organizations' commitment to previously hired coaches, and who will cherish being at W. 56th every day.  So that makes two of us, because I'm all in.

I'm really happy with him.

Confident that I won't be the butt of every joke when it comes to NFL over here in Australia, among all the Patriot/Eagles/Seahawk bandwagoners.

A good FA period and draft and we'll be a good side, assuming Luck is back and even there, I have faith in Jacoby.

I like the hire. I really like the hire. Hopefully we make some shrewd moves in free agency and are able to bolster our roster through the draft. I think we need to be patient though. From all the times I've heard Bill Polian the last few days he thinks the Colts are a long term project. He pretty much said that other than Luck and T.Y. that the cupboard was bare when Ballard arrived and we should expect it to take 2 or 3 years to get back to respectability (my synopsis not his exact wording), I think that Frank is the right man for this team and this city but I think we need to be patient and realistic in our expectations.

All the energy around this feels right.  Feels like everybody is on the same page from the owner down to the coach.   It just feels really good to have a guy in place who it's very likely he'll know how to get the most out of Andrew specifically.  Not only that but he's got long history with the type of D we will be running.   Definitely feel like we heading back to where we used to be with explosive offense.  And what makes it so good is this time we have a shap personnel guy so the team is not built lopsided like the old Colts.   Very excited!   At least in theory if nothing else for now....

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

Couldn't be more happier about this hire.  A guy who truly wants to be a horseshoe, a coach who is all in and isn't mightier than the room.  Someone with a connection to the organization, a conduit to some of the greatest players, a person spoken highly of wherever he's been, someone who took time out to reflect on the important things in life and who also gravitated back to the most important sport in the city of Indy.  A coach who respects an organizations' commitment to previously hired coaches, and who will cherish being at W. 56th every day.  So that makes two of us, because I'm all in.

I hear you and it's music to my ears because I totally agree. 

17 minutes ago, Mel Kiper's Hair said:

I like the hire. I really like the hire. Hopefully we make some shrewd moves in free agency and are able to bolster our roster through the draft. I think we need to be patient though. From all the times I've heard Bill Polian the last few days he thinks the Colts are a long term project. He pretty much that other than Luck and T.Y. that the cupboard was bare when Ballard arrived and we should expect it to take 2 or 3 years to get back to respectability (my synopsis not his exact wording), I think that Frank is the right man for this team and this city but I think we need to be patient and realistic in our expectations.

Thought bill was being a tad harsh.  He acts as though Frank is the only rb on the roster.

Just watched the press conference, and I love Reich. He seems like our version of a Jim Harbaugh that can turn this team around. He has a vision, he has used that vision before to help win a SB, and now he will implement it here. He installed a lot of confidence in me and I was hanging on his every word. I hope he can unify the locker room and teach them how to be a well oiled machine. If Ballard gets him the right players, we could be in for a very fun season this year.

Just found this Frank Reich letter of recommendation from Marv Levy to Jim Irsay & Chris Ballard in an article over at Colts.com.  ( http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Read-Marv-Levy’s-Letter-Of-Recommendation-For-Frank-Reich/75b894a4-8352-40c4-8c79-7d580b002f04 )

I am actually now very happy that McDaniels reneged on his verbal agreement.  

So just what, exactly, did this Pro Football Hall of Fame head coach have to say to Irsay and Ballard about his beloved former player? Levy provided Colts.com the spoken version of his letter:

Talking about Frank Reich, who was backup quarterback to Hall of Famer Jim Kelly during almost my entire 12 years as coach of the Buffalo Bills: during my 47-year-long coaching career, there was never anyone who prepared more assiduously than Frank. Ask Jim Kelly about that. Jim has told me that often, and he has often commented he would have never been the great player and person, too, that he was had it not been for Frank Reich. 

As you probably know/are aware, it was Frank Reich during the playoffs in 1992 who led the greatest comeback in NFL history. Jim Kelly, along with running back Thurman Thomas and Cornelius Bennett, were all injured and out of the lineup. Early in the third quarter we trailed the Oilers 35-3, and Frank led us back to that 41-38 overtime victory that propelled our Wild Card team to the next game, on the road against Pittsburgh. Frank led us to victory in that game, too, and to our eventual making it to that year’s Super Bowl game as AFC champs.

By the way, it was Frank Reich — again as a backup quarterback — in college, this time to an injured and out Boomer Esiason at the U. of Maryland, who led the greatest comeback in college football history, when Maryland came back to defeat the U. of Miami in the Orange Bowl game. Boomer, too, has often commented to me about how wonderfully his association with Frank has impacted him both professionally and personally.

Fast forward: Frank Reich’s playing days are over; he is hired as the quarterback coach with the Colts. The Colts have a young quarterback named Peyton Manning — you know the rest of that story. Peyton, too, on many occasions at Pro Football Hall of Fame events has spoken to me about what a fantastic coach Frank was in coaching him and helping him to become the player he had hoped to be.

A few years later Frank had moved on, now the QB coach with the San Diego Chargers. The Chargers drafted rookie Philip Rivers — lucky guy, because he would now be instructed by the Frank You-Know-Who that I’ve been talking about. And so Philip Rivers, too, now became a pretty — make that a very darned good NFL quarterback.

Then new Eagles coach Doug Pederson really likes Frank Reich; hires him to be the Eagles’ offensive coordinator. It is Frank Reich who crafts the Philadelphia Eagles’ offensive schemes and player instructions. It is Frank Reich who steers rookie quarterback Carson Wentz so swiftly through his early development as an NFL quarterback. And when Wentz, unfortunately, is injured, Frank Reich does a magnificent job of resurrecting the performance level of Nick Foles, whom almost everyone else in the league thought was no longer capable. Yes, Nick Foles was very deservingly anointed as the MVP in this year’s Super Bowl game, and I truly believe that Frank Reich is the coaching MVP of this year’s NFL season and beyond.

And in addition to all of Frank’s tremendous coaching abilities, I feel compelled to mention, also, he’s a man of sterling character, a great family guy, a great teammate, a great citizen, a person who works amazingly well with everyone in a team’s organization, with all the players for whom he is responsible for instructing. It matters both on and off the field.

Frank Reich should be hired as the head coach of the Indianapolis Colts. As you can see, I am campaigning hard, without any of his knowledge that I am doing so for that to happen. If it comes to pass, it will not only be a wonderful happening for Frank, but it’d be a wonderful happening for the team and for the fans of that team that hires him.

Finally, I do apologize for imposing upon your always busy schedules, for being so long-winded. But, then again, now that the NFL is over, I ain’t got nothing else to do.”

Also from Colts.com ( http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Frank-Reich-Is-‘Excited-To-Be-Back-Home’/d6a75846-d320-4f67-a091-36cdc4585f96 ) ...

On what about the Colts’ opportunity made him know it was the right one for him:

“Everything. I mean, everything about it. As a head coach, though, top priority, obviously, is the ownership commitment to winning, the family atmosphere. I mean, what was really cool — I mean, so far, right? It’s only been a short time — but, truly, it was a highlight, when I had the opportunity to sign the contract, and we did it at Mr. Irsay’s house, and his whole family was there, and my wife was there, and my wife was there, and Chris and his wife — it just literally felt like a family gathering. That’s how I tick, that’s how I operate, that’s what motivates me. And that was pretty special. But secondly, as a head coach, you know, you’re linked together with the GM, and when I had this opportunity to come interview with Chris and the Irsay family, the bombardment of text messages I got from people around the league, like, ‘Chris Ballard is the best. I mean this guy is integrity, class act, very talented, great evaluator, man of his word,’ the whole deal. So I was just excited to work with Chris as well.””

5 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

LOL...

yeah things are already set up for post draft backlash for Ballard & or Reich with the Barkley vs Chubb debate... Hopefully Barkley is just already off the board so it isn't even an issue...

LOL...

Man, most fans were puzzeled and kinda * when they drafted Edge over Ricky Williams too, if they decide that they got enough new linemen on O and or D, and draft Barkley if he is there, I will fully embrace the Ground n Pound of First Down until given a reason not to.....

11 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Man, most fans were puzzeled and kinda * when they drafted Edge over Ricky Williams too, if they decide that they got enough new linemen on O and or D, and draft Barkley if he is there, I will fully embrace the Ground n Pound of First Down until given a reason not to.....

Oh I hear ya!

Although Edgerrin & Ricky played the same position & the debate today seems to be partially about the practicality of taking a RB so high, when, RBs careers are statistically shorter than many other positions, etc. But, the thought of having a true game breaker at RB is pretty enticing...

Anyways, no matter what happens there'll be some grumbles around here. Ha...