Welcome Coach Reich!!

Barry Sears

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, strt182 said:

With what was said in the presser do we really know that Frank was the back up? With it coming out he went dark could it be that the Colts might have tried to contact him before they did dufus and was told by his agent hey hes not interested in anything until after the post season?  So the Colts moved ahead and brought some guys in for interviews and found the one that seems to fit the plans and tried to move forward with things. 

Dunno, but the rules and playoff timing does not help interviewing multiple candidates from playoff teams. The Colts obviously did not want to miss the opportunity to interview McDaniels, because he was high on their list, and he was on other teams lists too. You miss the interview, you very well might loose the guy. This, and the fact, that they had to fly to Boston to interview McDaniels might've closed the window on interviewing Reich in january. And since no one asked an interview from him in the wild card week-end, no one could hire him until after the Superbowl.

So, not interviewing Reich did not necessarily mean he was low on their list. They knew no one could interview him during the playoffs. This just means McDaniels was higher on their list, and since he was going to come here, Reich could've been as high as at #2. Who knows.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlitz said:

What does that mean?

In the PC, Reich mentioned that prior to the playoffs commencing, he spoke to his agent and told him he wasn't going to take any texts or calls related to job interviews.

Reich "went dark" so he could totally prepare for the Eagles' playoff games. 

Hope that helps.

This is the most positive Thread I think I have ever seen in here since I became a member, not 1 bad thing has been said about Frank. What is there not to love about Frank actually? The guys resume speaks for itself as he played QB for Marv Levy, mainly as a backup to Jim Kelly but was in 4 SB's. Those years alone one gains tremendous knowledge of the game. Then of course last season with Philly being the OC, he may have not called the plays but he helped prepare the Offense and helped with in game strategies. More knowledge gained. I mean Philly's Offense won a SB with Nick Foles at QB, imagine what Reich can do with a healthy Andrew Luck. Cant wait for the season to start already. I haven't been this excited since going into the 2014/15 AFC Title Game.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Can't wait to what you guys say after a couple plays you don't like.   Damn it I'm sick of that Frank Reich.   He's just not a leader at all, blah blah blah.  It doesn't take long for this crowd to turn on somebody.  LOL!

It'll happen. It's happened to every new coach in the history of new coaches since the tv has been a thing.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I haven't seen the press conference yet, but I will watch it very soon and am looking forward to it, especially after hearing all the positive feedback on this thread. Hopefully he'll be a good one.

It was an excellent PC. He is very intelligent and spoke like a leader. He is a high character guy.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Can't wait to what you guys say after a couple plays you don't like.   Damn it I'm sick of that Frank Reich.   He's just not a leader at all, blah blah blah.  It doesn't take long for this crowd to turn on somebody.  LOL!

Isn't that the truth LOL!

Not trying to make any claims etc because we have heard that Peyton isn't interested etc...but this bringing back the old guard of coaches that was here during our success of the 2000s....would make it an inviting place if he wants to get into the front office or anything. We all know he would be a wonderful addition with his knowledge and experience to lend to Luck and the guys as a mentor and leader. Just saying I feel like this hire and where we are going...would lend well to making Peyton feel at home if he "wanted" to get back in the league in some capacity.

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Can't wait to see what you guys say after a couple plays you don't like.   Damn it I'm sick of that Frank Reich.   He's just not a leader at all, blah blah blah.  It doesn't take long for this crowd to turn on somebody.  LOL!

lmao, yeah I can see it now on opening day. Damn that Frank cant call plays after we go 3 and out! haha 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is the most positive Thread I think I have ever seen in here since I became a member, not 1 bad thing has been said about Frank. What is there not to love about Frank actually? The guys resume speaks for itself as he played QB for Marv Levy, mainly as a backup to Jim Kelly but was in 4 SB's. Those years alone one gains tremendous knowledge of the game. Then of course last season with Philly being the OC, he may have not called the plays but he helped prepare the Offense and helped with in game strategies. More knowledge gained. I mean Philly's Offense won a SB with Nick Foles at QB, imagine what Reich can do with a healthy Andrew Luck. Cant wait for the season to start already. I haven't been this excited since going into the 2014/15 AFC Title Game.

If folks really look into Frank Reich from Buffalo as a player to today as a first time HC I honestly believe you will see we have a man with a wealth of knowledge who is something that our runaway bride can & will never be a honest man who does things the right way he is back home again in Indiana & we fans will see Colts Football that we can all be proud of .

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was an excellent PC. He is very intelligent and spoke like a leader. He is a high character guy.

I'll look for it either on youtube or Colts.com here. Sounds like we were fortunate. Now it's about building a team around Andrew Luck and getting him healthy for the season.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

It means that Ballard didn’t have Reich as a top 5 HC prospect initially, but after having met him, Ballard admitted that he should have had him as a top prospect.

Apparently, Ballard was surprised how good a fit Reich is.

Reich’s response to not really caring if he got a call made it seem like a perfect fit. Ballard said he didn’t want to pursue McDaniels after he said he didn’t want the job and Reich didn’t want the job unless they wanted him. I liked that

Everybody is in love right now including me!  It's just odd because I've never seen so many in this place have so much positive to say about one guy almost unanimously minus an outlier here and there.  Oh Franks so smart, Oh he's so experienced, Oh he's a man of great faith, Oh he's one of Peytons favorites!  I think it's going to turn out well, but I'm interested to see how much slack he get's if it starts out rough.  Will you still trust that he has the right makeup to get the ship righted?

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Everybody is in love right now including me!  It's just odd because I've never seen so many in this place have so much positive to say about one guy almost unanimously minus an outlier here and there.  Oh Franks so smart, Oh he's so experienced, Oh he's a man of great faith, Oh he's one of Peytons favorites!  I think it's going to turn out well, but I'm interested to see how much slack he get's if it starts out rough.

I'm sure everyone was this way about pags too

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

Everybody is in love right now including me!  It's just odd because I've never seen so many in this place have so much positive to say about one guy almost unanimously minus an outlier here and there.  Oh Franks so smart, Oh he's so experienced, Oh he's a man of great faith, Oh he's one of Peytons favorites!  I think it's going to turn out well, but I'm interested to see how much slack he get's if it starts out rough.  Will you still trust that he has the right makeup to get the ship righted?

He’s similar to Ballard in the way he has the ability to address the media. Pagano and Grigson were awful at that. 

Right, have to put a good squad on the field.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Frank was key in getting them to that one SB in I think 92. Led them to beating the Oilers in "The Comeback"...then followed it up beating the Steelers. Even played decent in some mop up duty against the Cowboys. I honestly think he could have started on more than half the teams in the league during his prime. No shame to backing up a HOF qb. He actually was drafted to be the qb since Kelly bailed on the Bills into the USFL...but his return left Frank without a starting job. He also led the largest comeback in NCAA history bringing Maryland back to beat Miami and Bernie Kosar after being down 31-0 halftime he came in and they won 42-40. His track record as an assistant etc is very impressive too. He had the backing of many many people from Polian to Peyton and Dungy and Jim Kelly himself. Foles raved about him after the SB. Who knows how all this will work out but I think this team only goes as far as #12 can take us...and with Reichs experience...playing...working with Peyton before and being around the league...he is a perfectly legit candidate to get the best out of Luck.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlitz said:

He’s similar to Ballard in the way he has the ability to address the media. Pagano and Grigson were awful at that. 

He's a motivational speaker so that helps with how he comes across.   I do believe he's got what it takes though.

Good post....

And to me the answer depends on the circumstances...

Do the Colts start out rough because we still don't have Luck?    Or do we start out rough because the O-line still isn't fixed?

Is the problem personnel based or coaching based.    I think that will influence how the majority will react....

4 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

I'm sure everyone was this way about pags too

Not really. Everyone was like, "Oh, okay. He might be good". There was never a Pags love-fest. The love-fest started with his illness and #ChuckStrong. Before that, he was kinda a mystery.