Frank Reich Expected to Interview

1959Colts

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

No Shanahan nope!

Yeah, wouldn't want i guy that won back to back Super Bowls, won with mediocre QB like Jake Plummer,  Brian Griese and RG3, and only needs modest talent to get his running game going.

Lets get DeFilippo because his career highlight is being the OC for the Cleveland Browns for one whole year.

Just now, BOTT said:

Yeah, wouldn't want i guy that won back to back Super Bowls, won with mediocre QB like Jake Plummer,  Brian Griese and RG3, and only needs modest talent to get his running game going.

Lets get DeFilippo because his career highlight is being the OC for the Cleveland Browns for one whole year.

Forget ruin QBs with his play

14 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Shanaahan is old and IMO is overated!!! Total ego guy In my book! He is past his self life! Nope and both teams you mentioned he left in ruines in the end! And on top of that he is VERY power hungry! Just a bad fit!

1 minute ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Shanaahan is old and IMO is overated!!! Total ego guy In my book! He is past his self life! Nope and both teams you mentioned he left in ruines in the end! And on top of that he is VERY power hungry! Just a bad fit!

You are correct, he is old.  No offense, but the rest of your post is kind of nonsense.

6 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

I don't know what you are implying, good sir.

Ne either really.

i tried hard to find a joke there.  We were kinda left at the altar by Nagy and McDooDooHead.  I thought "we're on our third try", and then the Frank Reich thread and OUILA!  Instant Humor magic!

Oh well, i think some moths tlew out my ears when i came up with that one.

56 minutes ago, BOTT said:

You are correct, he is old.  No offense, but the rest of your post is kind of nonsense.

What he did to Terrell Davis was inexcusable as a head coach. Sending a player out onto the field who was blind (from migraine head aches) without the ability to protect himself was deplorable and disgraceful.

Not to mention of running him into the ground. In Terrell's first four years he carried the ball 1,547 times counting the playoffs. That is slightly over an average of 386 carries per year.

With the all pro offensive line the Bronco's had at that time there was no need to ruin his career by over using him.

6 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

So is Jim Caldwell and he's available.

But just because one is stoic doesn't mean they can't be great.

Obviously Caldwell wasnt. Obviously Landry and Shula were. Dan Reeves was stoic and went to 5 Superbowls. Bud Grant, etc. The list goes on.

6 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

One thing is certain, this is a very important hire. And Ballard better get it right.

The last thing this franchise can afford is two or three more years of sub 500 football,

and after a few more down years, being right back in the same boat, looking for a new head coach (and probably a new GM) again, should this hire fail.

I am still on the fence with Reich. There are some things I like. And some I worry about.

Even though Pederson gives him ringing the endorsement (of course he would!) 

I'm still not sold on Reich as head coach material.

I just picture him as the type of coach, who just stands on the sidelines, with the headphones on, throughout the game. (like Caldwell) 

I think this team may need a HC who is more fiery, dynamic and involved in the game.

I am also skeptical, as to why Philadelphia seems to prefer retaining DeFilippo over Reich?

I could be wrong, and maybe Reich would turn out great.

But I'm the last person, on this forum, to jump right on the bandwagon.

Defillipo would be great too. Hope we interview him.

Thanks @1959Colts for the videos on  Toub, DeFilippo, & Reich. I actually like You Tube profiles vs reading lengthy articles with glowing recommendations from former bosses that tell you absolutely nothing.

Okay sure, videos can often be slanted to place candidates in the best possible light sure. But, I like the tag along to workday stuff because habits reveal a lot because it shows how patterns whether in workouts, diet, film study, & consistency indicate a roadmap to success for both players & coaches alike. 

Plus, I need to hear a candidate's voice, see how the carry themselves, & it's nice to witness people like DeFlippo who lift weights & break a sweat before work everyday. It's harder to dismiss a coordinator or coach's advice if they are fit & not fat & slow with no stamina. Plus, it makes guys on your roster go hey, if I don't run this route correctly, my mentor is literally gonna embarrass me athletically during practice. 

I don't have a dog in this race meaning preference among these choices 1 way or another. They all seem qualified to be head coaches. Like I said before, I just like profile features on NFL candidates beyond articles because it reminds me of go to work with your dad day when you were little like a silent observer. Just soak it all up like a sponge. 

18 hours ago, Andrew86 said:

I hope not, he's been a complete loser everywhere he has been besides Philadelphia and he doesn't even get to call the plays there.  I really am hoping for some surprise hire because all of the likely candidates are complete trash.

Who do you want then? 

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

What he did to Terrell Davis was inexcusable as a head coach. Sending a player out onto the field who was blind (from migraine head aches) without the ability to protect himself was deplorable and disgraceful.

Not to mention of running him into the ground. In Terrell's first four years he carried the ball 1,547 times counting the playoffs. That is slightly over an average of 386 carries per year.

With the all pro offensive line the Bronco's had at that time there was no need to ruin his career by over using him.

You are seriously criticizing him for abusing a running back?  You sat here and defended Chuck till the end. The same Chuck that put a young QB in vertical offenses with a porous lines, no running game and asked him to throw the ball 40+ times a game.

oh yeah, said QB hasn't thrown a pass in over a year.

7 hours ago, BOTT said:

Personaly speaking I think Defillipo is more of a coordinator than a head coach. JMO

I'm under the assumption this has a low probability of happening but could be interesting. Now that's defilippo is interviewing in Minnesota for the offensive coordinator position. My thoughts are he will stay in Philly as oc if Reich signed here. If we managed to get both what do u guys think? My only reservations is i don't believe either has called plays before. 

If it turns out to be Reich, I hope he has already given a nod, or agreement if you will, to Defillipo that he would bring him along to be OC. 

I like cohesion. :P

Besides, they seem to work well together and I think the familiarity between the two would fast-forward the transition process in their new jobs here, rather than go through a learning curve with someone new at OC.

And I think that this would benefit Luck greatly.