Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McD has not let Patriots know he is leaving (Rumor)

IndyNismoZ

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/04/flores-oshea-have-the-inside-track-to-become-the-new-patriots-coordinators/

Mike Florio now talking about potential replacements at OC for the Pats to replace McDaniels. Watching the video where he says McDaniels hasn't informed the Pats, it seems like he's just trying to make something out of nothing.

Did anyone catch anything from McDaniels' media day interview? Judging from the articles and few short clips I've found, it was the most 'everyone including himself knows he's leaving but he won't say anything' presser I've ever seen.

I think one of the questions  was literally 'What are you gonna do after this year?' And he sarcastically responded with 'You know, I don't know', to which everyone (including him apparently) started laughing.

The only scenario in which he could possibly stay in NE is if BB retires (Belicheck already stated he wants back next year though), and he takes over at HC. That would be a stupid move on his part though, being the successor to a legend with a 40 year old QB, vs coming to Indy, lush with cap space, the 3rd pick and a QB entering his prime.

21 minutes ago, CamMo said:

“But, but, but....You CAN’T stay in New England! We hired all these assistants for you!” :’(

It's funny that assistants reportley being hired, every big network reporters saying McDaniels is going to be the next head coach and yet people are still questioning it or "discussing rumors." Annoying as hell.

I do not think some of you understand the point of the original post. 

Lock the Damn thread jeez, i agree at this point. 

It was meant to bring light to the fact that the media made a point that was relevant to our new HC. Nothing more. No click bait, no conspiracy theory, no doubt, no belief to the statement, the sky is not falling, ECT.....  lol

Last I checked this was a "Discussion" forum and when someone posts a statement that was said regarding our new HC that had some merit it is worth..... idk..... throwing out there and discussing??? 

It is the internet and does not need to be taken so seriously. My gosh. 

4 minutes ago, IndyNismoZ said:

I do not think some of you understand the point of the original post. 

Lock the Damn thread jeez, i agree at this point. 

It was meant to bring light to the fact that the media made a point that was relevant to our new HC. Nothing more. No click bait, no conspiracy theory, no doubt, no belief to the statement, the sky is not falling, ECT.....  lol

Last I checked this was a "Discussion" forum and when someone posts a statement that was said regarding our new HC that had some merit it is worth..... idk..... throwing out there and discussing??? 

It is the internet and does not need to be taken so seriously. My gosh. 

What'd you expect to happen when this was posted? This forum is famous for overreacting on stuff like this. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

What'd you expect to happen when this was posted? This forum is famous for overreacting on stuff like this. 

Funny thing is......

I read through the comments again and the only individuals to overreact are the ones that stated people were overreacting. Lol. Ironic huh?? Most just put their opinion and moved on as i originally did. Crazy man. Sorry to offend anyone.

6 minutes ago, IndyNismoZ said:

Funny thing is......

I read through the comments again and the only individuals to overreact are the ones that stated people were overreacting. Lol. Ironic huh?? Most just put their opinion and moved on as i originally did. Crazy man. Sorry to offend anyone.

Yeah, I don't think anybody really overreacted to this news.

Heck, I even said my fear of McDaniels pulling out was completely irrational. Most of the "negative" comments in this thread even seem to be made in jest.

3 hours ago, IndyNismoZ said:

Watching the Superbowl pregame show and one of the gentlemen stated that....

"Patricia has informed the Patriots he will not be returning, while McD has in fact not" 

Take that with a grain of salt but man, will the McD may not come to the Colts quotes ever stop? 

Thought it was interesting though if in fact McD has not informed the Patriots he is leaving and it is Superbowl Sunday. Just something to keep our ears open to. 

Maybe he will leave in the middle of the night without telling anyone aboard a Mayflower arriving here amid great controversy or just maybe seeing how the Patriots Organization & the Hoodie are not known for being complete *s at least they watch the news because honestly if it meant to be a secret then its the worlds worst IMHO..

Some people can waste alot of time beating a subject to death the Dude will be our next HC end of story .

5 hours ago, IndyNismoZ said:

I agree 110%. I believe he is most definitely our new HC. 

I was stating that I hate that the media continues to throw some sort of small shade on him being our new HC. Gets old. More of a rant but with some merit as well being it was stated on the biggest stage. 

This has NOTHING to do with media hate or throwing shade.     It's entirely possible that this is true.

Perhaps McDaniels has not wanted any distractions?    Perhaps Ballard and Irsay asked Josh not to say anything so the news doesn't get lost in the weeks leading up to the Super Bowl?   This way the Colts own the story in a couple of days.

There's nothing negative here.   No one is picking on the Colts.    McDaniels is going to be introduced in a few days as the Colts next HC.

This is a non-story.   All is good.    :thmup:

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Wouldn't that be the way?

I hate the Patriots.

I suppose given what Mort was saying earlier, my amateur detective skills lead me to wonder if this could be about 12's. health too. 

I’d be lying if I didn’t say that’s already crossed my mind...

11 minutes ago, XxGoosexX said:

No matter what...  I still hope the pats lose!! And I hope Bill and Tom retire! could be at a price? But is it to much? We still have Ballard and that’s who I have put my faith in... 

There no doubt that I want the Pats to lose. There's no way in hell I'd root for them.