stitches

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

The Giants were looking at Patricia. Also Pat Shurmur was mentioned.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/giants-head-coach-search-1.16143809

It will be interesting if Minnesota loses. Shurmur will be available (Arizona, Giants?)

Don't be surprised if NY now sets their sights on Josh McDaniels

I have a feeling McDaniels may like it in the smaller market of Indy with less scrutiny and his personal relationship with Ballard might help us too.

7 minutes ago, Coltsfanforlife12 said:

I must have missed that but I saw schefter or Rapsheet tweet they were down to Shurmur, McDaniels or Patricia and ownership wasn’t impressed with Wilks.

Indy is the better job over the Giants so I would hope McDaniels sees that also.

5 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Stop talking draft possibility in the Coaching section. There is enough going on here without draft topics. plenty of other posts elsewhere for that, utilize those for draft discussions

Why are you singling me out? I didn’t start that side conversation.  Anyway you aren’t a mod so don’t tell me or anyone else to stop anything. Ive been and will continue to contribute to the coaching discussion.  

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Why are you singling me out? I didn’t start that side conversation.  Anyway you aren’t a mod so don’t tell me or anyone else to stop anything. Ive been and will continue to contribute to the coaching discussion.  

I didn't single you out intentionally so relax, I just saw yours first is all and I figured since you responded to another poster that you and whoever were having convos back and forth. In this thread we are all about the coaching, just didn't want it to get side tracked. wasn't trying to jump your ship, just hoping you would understand and agree where I was coming from

3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I didn't single you out intentionally so relax, I just saw yours first is all and I figured since you responded to another poster that you and whoever were having convos back and forth. In this thread we are all about the coaching, just didn't want it to get side tracked. wasn't trying to jump your ship, just hoping you would understand and agree where I was coming from

Ok...you just should be more careful with your wording. People may not read your words the way you intend them.  Starting off by giving commands usually doesn’t go over very well.  We are good though. 

When I think of McDanials being here I get excited because Andrew is a great personality to coach. And there's no telling how close him and Josh could become. Opposites attract each other. And if that relationship does develop you could see some great things. 

On the other hand there is a lot of unknowns. And I feel there may be an ego coming from Josh, which is the only thing that could stop him becoming close with Brady. 

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Ok...you just should be more careful with your wording. People may not read your words the tway you intend them.  Starting off by giving commands usually doesn’t go over very well.  We are good though. 

No worries and sorry for the confusion.. I was typing as fast as I could with no thought how it was coming out as to not miss the other posts coming in..Ha!! maybe I'm a tad too excited over nothing at this point :excited:

8 hours ago, KING. said:

Would anyone on this forum feel confident in Mike Vrabel as the Colts next coach?

Although I have been a huge fan of McDaniels, I actually think Vrabel will be an amazing coach. 

For those hating on his experience here is a blind test

coach 1

5 years of college coaching

4 years in NFL as position coach

1 year as a Coordinator

coach 2

3 years of college coaching

3 years in NFL as position coach

1 year as a coordinator. 

Would you hire either one?  Your probably would. Coach 1, since his hire has a 116-60 record and 2 Super Bowls.

It is Mike Tomlin. 

The other is Mike Vrabel. Am I saying he is the next Tomlin, No. But the judging on his lack of experience should stop. 

1 minute ago, Indeee said:

No worries and sorry for the confusion.. I was typing as fast as I could with no thought how it was coming out as to not mix the other posts coming in..Ha!! maybe I'm a tad too excited over nothing at this point :excited:

Ok...and apologies for being a bit sensitive about it.  I understand the gist of what you were getting at.  

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Patriots OC Josh McDaniels is the "clear favorite" to replace Chuck Pagano as the Colts' next head coach.

McDaniels is also a finalist for the Giants' head-coaching vacancy, though it looks like he's leaning toward joining Andrew Luck in Indianapolis. The 41-year-old didn't have much success in his first head-coaching stint with Denver from 2009-10, but McDaniels has been widely considered among the league's top coordinators throughout his tenure in Foxboro and rightfully deserves another chance. The Colts will have to wait for the Patriots to finish their season before hiring McDaniels. Texans DC Mike Vrabel is the other finalist for the head job in Indy.
Related: Colts

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Titans aren't going to fire Mularkey. Not after taking them to the 2nd round of the playoffs...

Maybe? Maybe not.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/14/will-mike-mularkey-still-be-the-titans-head-coach-moving-forward/

... don’t be surprised if they use the cover of Sunday’s playoff games to issue a fresh statement indicating that the clock has moved past “forward” — especially with talk of Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels joining the Colts gathering more and more steam.

The bigger question is whether the Titans would move on from Mularkey only if they know they can get McDaniels, or whether the Titans are willing to make the change and launch a traditional search.

I think both the Patriots' coaches (Patricia and McDaniels) are staying away from the NY market, it seems like. They feel like they may get more rope and less scrutiny in the Detroit and Indy markets, which I feel would be the case.

Patricia is the favorite for the Lions job and McDaniels is the favorite for the Colts job, I think that is where things are heading.

1 minute ago, BOTT said:

Just wanted to say, again, I hate Mike Florio.

On these types of things, I do too. I realize that Florios job is to get clicks, however it also seems sometimes he's purposely fueling potential fires that don't need to be fueled. He seems very Colts jaded in McDaniels potentially taking the job. Like he's secretly hoping it doesn't happen

1 minute ago, 1959Colts said:

I hear you. He's not my favorite either.

But I do believe Tennessee want:

Mularkey out - McDaniels in

The waxing and waning of the Titans' ownership on Mularkey might give more pause for McDaniels given that the Titans just made the playoffs AND won a playoff game. We went 8-8 the previous 2 seasons not making the playoffs but Irsay still wanted to give Pagano a chance, that will be viewed as a positive in coaching circles for his patience, IMO.