Matt Nagy to interview with Colts on Sunday

RockThatBlue

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

True.  But RB's typically dont last as long as most other positions.   Shorter shelf life 

But if you plan on restocking your RB every 4-5 yrs with a high draft pick than you may be saving some cash on one side, but you are turning around and spending more draft capital on the other side with that method.  So IMO you aren't really saving. 

21 minutes ago, esmort said:

That applies to all positions... and other positions offer even better savings on the rookie deal than RB. 

Can you explain what you mean by this sentence?

Rookie deals are not done by playing position.     They're done by draft slot.     I'm sure you know this so this sentence is confusing...

Can you elaborate please?

Just now, Dingus McGirt said:

Do some still want him?

That second half was atrocious. 21-3 lead....

I'm really disappointed especially after the brilliance of the first half. I'm not completely turned off, but I don't want another coach who shows up for only one half. 

I just finished watching the KC-Titans game. Nagy certainly didn't appear able to cope with the loss of Kelce. Unless we can get Nagy and Kelce in a package deal, I think I might steer clear of Mr. Nagy.

Oh and a missed field goal (special teams/Toub) was critical in the loss...lol

24 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Can you explain what you mean by this sentence?

Rookie deals are not done by playing position.     They're done by draft slot.     I'm sure you know this so this sentence is confusing...

Can you elaborate please?

If you were going to pick up a player in FA vs Drafting... yes by drafting Barkley you are saving the difference between his rookie salary ~$7 million for #3 vs what a FA RB would cost, but drafting a pass rusher you are saving the difference between rookie salary ~$7 million for #3 and what a FA Pass Rusher (or other premium position) would cost... paying for a pass rusher (or OT, etc...) is usually going to cost more; so the yearly savings: FA$ -~$7 million(3rd pick) on the initial contract for an OLB, OT, etc... is usually going to be greater. 

9 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

A number of inexcusable drops by the wideouts, as well.  A massive, team-wide, choke.  Reid may be fired.

I thought about Reid getting fired. And I didn't understand them going for it on 4th down at the 40-50 yard line. I think they should have punted and pinned them down near the goal line.

I'm not even sure if Pagani goes for it there.

16 minutes ago, snkdy said:

That second half was atrocious. 21-3 lead....

I'm really disappointed especially after the brilliance of the first half. I'm not completely turned off, but I don't want another coach who shows up for only one half. 

Agree as already had one here.

Did Andy Reid take the play calling back. He clearly had the play call card in his  hand after halftime!

I was on the fence on hiring KC coaches already and after this crumble in the 2nd half i will say no thanks to any of them and that goes for Andy Reid if he gets canned also.

haha funny how fast things change. Nagy was looking real good in the first half. And real bad after. But let's not let 1 half of poor football completely turn us away. KCs Defense just shut off in the second half (Revis forgot how to tackle) and the WRs dropped a few big ones. 

They had their chances to put it away. But a team wide choke. Gonna be brutal off-season in kc.

Let's see how Nagys interview goes.

I wouldn't blame all of that on Nagy.. it was really a defensive meltdown even though the offence wasn't great.

If you had a great enough deal of confidence to call him your man before, I wouldn't let that one bad half completely derail your opinion of him. If he's your man before that game he's more than likely still your guy. 

16 minutes ago, TheGreatManning18Fan said:

Did Andy Reid take the play calling back. He clearly had the play call card in his  hand after halftime!

I was on the fence on hiring KC coaches already and after this crumble in the 2nd half i will say no thanks to any of them and that goes for Andy Reid if he gets canned also.

I think Reid did take play-calling duties back. They zoomed in on him making the calls in the second half. 

22 minutes ago, esmort said:

If you were going to pick up a player in FA vs Drafting... yes by drafting Barkley you are saving the difference between his rookie salary ~$7 million for #3 vs what a FA RB would cost, but drafting a pass rusher you are saving the difference between rookie salary ~$7 million for #3 and what a FA Pass Rusher (or other premium position) would cost... paying for a pass rusher (or OT, etc...) is usually going to cost more; so the yearly savings: FA$ -~$7 million(3rd pick) on the initial contract for an OLB, OT, etc... is usually going to be greater. 

I was told there would be NO MATH on this website!     :omg:

22 minutes ago, TheGreatManning18Fan said:

Reid had the play card the entire game... I saw most of the first half and he had the card the entire time.

7 minutes ago, IinD said:

I didn't watch but a minute of this one. I guess our boy Nagy didn't look to good huh??

KCs offense looked very good on the first half.   Then Travis Kelcie went out with a concussion.   The O wasn't the same after that....

Hard to know if the caller was Nagy or Reid...

Regardless of who was calling the plays that second half did not make Nagy look good. However, Kyle Shanahan didn't have a great second half as a player caller during the Super Bowl last year and he still landed a head coaching job. Granted, the job was probably lined up before the Super Bowl (I can't remember for sure) but he has still been regarded as one of the bright offensive minds in football. I don't think this game will have an impact on Nagy's head coaching opportunities.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still like Nagy. Not going to base anything on 1 game. He lost his best Offensive player in Kelce + Alex Smith is a huge choker anyway. A healthy Andrew Luck would've won this game in his sleep up 21-3.

Play calling coaching choke. Did andy forget he had number 1 rusher?