Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs/colts Tampering? [Merge]

coltnorth

Also, here is a brief description of "highlights from the NFL's anti-tampering policy":

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/5465/freshening-up-on-nfls-tampering-policy

Before anything else becomes an issue, JI and PM have to fail to come to terms. If that happens, then the allegations would have to be proved.

It also looks extremely vague on what the punishment would be. Swapping 5ths and losing a 7th for the Lions, but I hardly imagine that would serve as any guidline for tampering with probably the biggest free agency prize of all time. IF any tampering occured.

Does anyone know anything about this. I know the rule, you cannot talk about a player on another team. Romeo Crennel said he would take a look at Peyton or something like that. ESPN local radio broadcaters are talking like Goodell will fine Kansas City or possibly reward us a draft pick from his comments. Has anyone else heard anything like this?

From ESPN:

On Saturday, Kansas City coach Romeo Crennel let it slip that the Chiefs would be interested in pursuing the four-time league MVP -- if the Colts let him leave as a free agent.

"I'm not supposed to talk about anybody else's players, and he's still a player with Indianapolis," Crennel said, referring to the league's tampering rules. "But with a talent like that, I would be crazy not to consider it if he were available. I'll leave it at that."

The NFL is considering tampering charges but with all the interest from all over it isn't likely anything will come of it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8274140a/article/report-colts-likely-wont-take-action-against-chiefs-over-manning?module=HP11_headline_stack

they need to look into it

Crennel's remarks came shortly after a report surfaced that Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli had met with Manning's agent, Tom Condon, to talk about the quarterback twice,

though Pioli declined

to address the issue last week.

dont no if tru but if is need to do something if is

http://www.nfl.com/n..._headline_stack

they need to look into it

Crennel's remarks came shortly after a report surfaced that Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli had met with Manning's agent, Tom Condon, to talk about the quarterback twice,

though Pioli declined

to address the issue last week.

dont no if tru but if is need to do something if is

Pioli meeting with Condon and if Manning was discussed is tampering...Crennel's remark is according to the rules but meh.

That would be ridiculous if they were charged with tampering just based on what Crennel said. He was just paying Manning a compliment.

Agreed. If this is just based on what Crennel said then this is ridiculous.

BUT, if they do find out that Pioli contacted Condon/Manning then something should be done about it, because it is tampering.

If Pioli did meet with Condon twice... there needs to be a pretty harsh penalty IMO. Perhaps, in these tough times the footall gods decided to smile down on us and give us a gift at the expense of the Chiefs lol.

Is it legal to meet with PMs agent? But how do they prove that it was about him? I agree, Bowe and we forget everything... Hey Rodger Pioli was in town that day, enjoying shrimp at St Elmo's with Jim so I know for a fact he didn't meet with Condon. ;)

Is it legal to meet with PMs agent? But how do they prove that it was about him? I agree, Bowe and we forget everything... Hey Rodger Pioli was in town that day, enjoying shrimp at St Elmo's with Jim so I know for a fact he didn't meet with Condon. ;)

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to meet with Condon about Peyton, but if everyone denies everything it's going to be tough to prove they were talking about Peyton, because Condon is a lot of players agents too. But you can't meet with a players agent when that player is already under contract with another team.

I'm pretty sure it's illegal to meet with Condon about Peyton, but if everyone denies everything it's going to be tough to prove they were talking about Peyton, because Condon is a lot of players agents too. But you can't meet with a players agent when that player is already under contract with another team.

True, but how many players does Condon represent? How many of those are either on the Chiefs or are already free agents? Even if they did discuss Manning, do you imagine there will be any chance of it being proved? Who would have been stupid enough to record that conversation, or invite some fly to sit on the wall and document it?

Read on Colts Authority about possible tampering charges againts the cheifs for talking to Mannings agent twice. Could lead to the Colts getting 2nd round pick?

Report: Colts likely won't take action against Chiefs - nfl.com

Crennel

made headlines this past Saturday

when he said the Chiefs would "be crazy not to consider" acquiring a quarterback as talented as

Peyton Manning

though Pioli declined to address the issue last week.

The NFL declined to comment when contacted by NFL.com Monday.

The league can investigate tampering violations without a team filing charges, and violation of the rules can result in fines and forfeiting draft picks.

( I dont know if NFL proceeds & finds violations without colts filling charges , if we would get a pick if Chiefs found guilty )

The Chiefs

filed tampering charges last offseason against the Lions, which resulted in the Lions forfeiting their seventh-round selection in the 2011 NFL Draft and the teams swapping picks in the fifth round.

The Chiefs

filed tampering charges last offseason against the Lions, which resulted in the Lions forfeiting their seventh-round selection in the 2011 NFL Draft and the teams swapping picks in the fifth round.

I don't get it? Why wouldn't the Colts file tampering charges when the Chiefs committed the same exact violation and got a great draft advantage because of it?

I don't get it? Why wouldn't the Colts file tampering charges when the Chiefs committed the same exact violation and got a great draft advantage because of it?

my friend your guess is as good as mine, I dont get alot of whats going on lately

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

in 1 link in the article u get this wording

45]

Told Colts not inclined to pursue tampering charges
at this point
re: Crennel comments on Peyton. League can pursue issue if it chooses.

so by saying at this point maybe in future will but why not ASAP so can maybe get settled before draft

or do Colts just have so much else going on they dont want to bother ??

as said Your guess is as good as mine , have a good day