Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wow... Colts Favored by 5 to 5.5

dw49

Game opened last Sunday at a pick and now is mostly 5 with a few 4.5's and 5.5's to be found.  The latest news that Hopkins won't play seemed to have a big effect. Hard to believe we could be favored by that many over a football team that can field 11 players on both sides of the ball. 

BTW.. Washington is -3 and Giants are advertising this will not be a game where they get a good look at Webb . That seems strange as they spent a 3rd round pick on him in last year's draft. I wouldn't be surprised if this is pretty much a lie ?

We're home...

Theyre without a lot...

No Hopkins...    no Clowney...     and no Yates, who was their starting QB.    I'm not even sure I know who their QB will be?

I think we stand a good chance of winning.

Thank God a win does NOT hurt our draft position.   We're locked into third Even if we win.   No conflicting interests for anyone.   (Ok, if the Giants win, a Colts loss means picking second, but I'm not expecting that to happen)

33 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

We play at the same time as the giants. If they win then I hope we lose. It will help us so much in the draft

Plus we pick 3rd in round 2 rather than 5th and 3rd in round 3 rather than 4th. Not huge but it's something. That' assuming NO beats TB and Washington beats NY.

34 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We're home...

Theyre without a lot...

No Hopkins...    no Clowney...     and no Yates, who was their starting QB.    I'm not even sure I know who their QB will be?

I think we stand a good chance of winning.

Thank God a win does NOT hurt our draft position.   We're locked into third Even if we win.   No conflicting interests for anyone.   (Ok, if the Giants win, a Colts loss means picking second, but I'm not expecting that to happen)

Yeah .. they're beat up and have looked worse than us the past few games.

But... home field advantage .. ehh. If the game starts going the other way a bit , I think it will be not worth much. I wonder what you can buy a ticket around the stadium for ? Probably 2 for a $1. No offense to anyone but Nadine was still advertising some kind of lottery for 2 free tickets to this game a while ago. LOL on that one.

As to Clowney .. I've seen he's limited but nothing that says he's out. Could very well be , why play him if he's not right. As to Yates ... I've seen nothing that even mentions him on an injury report. You sure about that one ? I think your thinking of the Savage injury ?  If true it really would justify that 5.5 line.

I think im more excited to see what happens Monday than i am for this game...lol that being said i am conflicted on the game, i want us to be able to beat a lowly Texans team who will not have the majority of their talent on the field, but if the Giants win and we lose then we get the second pick. If the difference between the 2nd and 3rd pick is the difference between a team getting their quarterback, it could change a lot in terms of what we could get trading down...

Yeah as weird as it sounds, this is the most confident I've been about the Colts winning a game since maybe some of the Jags and Titans games from 2014 haha. They're super banged up, their D is somehow performing worse than ours, and they're missing so many pieces on offense.

Meanwhile Pags always has a heartfelt victory in week 17 it seems. I say Colts win 24-17.

But we'll see. We all know how the Colts perform against backup QBs....

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we win this one. We will still pick 3rd and sweep Houston.

Yes I think the Colts will end up ahead of the Texans in the standings but picking before their pick.

the only down side is they will play the Bengals and Raiders next year rather than the Browns and Broncos.

20 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes I think the Colts will end up ahead of the Texans in the standings but picking before their pick.

the only down side is they will play the Bengals and Raiders next year rather than the Browns and Broncos.

I want the Colts to come to Colorado to play Vs the Broncos next year, so I'm rooting for a loss. All I care about at this point, lol. 

The Colts have proven it does not matter who they play, where they play or when they play the result is pretty much predetermined by the lack of what it takes to win. Back in the Roaring 20's young people had dance marathons where they had contests on who could dance non-stop until they dropped with the last couple standing was declared the winner.

7 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The Colts have proven it does not matter who they play, where they play or when they play the result is pretty much predetermined by the lack of what it takes to win. Back in the Roaring 20's young people had dance marathons where they had contests on who could dance non-stop until they dropped with the last couple standing was declared the winner.

Is that you George Bailey?!? :)

We just need a win. This team needs a win!

I just want to know what it feels like (again) after a win. 

We have lost 6 games in a row (and I think there was a bye week in that losing streak). That's like half a damn season without a win. 

When the Lord was handing out wins in 2017, we thought he said hymns, and got in the wrong damn line. 

On 12/29/2017 at 6:05 PM, indyagent17 said:

That may sadly give us lower picks in subsequent rounds due to rotation with teams of similar records

We did get helped out a bit last week when Chicago and SF won giving hem both 5 wins.  A 4 way tie would have been a lot more meaningful.  Now it just means we get pick 2.5 instead of pick 2.3 and pick 3.4 instead of pick 3.3. Unless it snakes , which it doesn't appear to do , we get pick 4.3 in the 4th. 

So looks like if we win and TB loses vs NO it will costs us..

2 spots in the second  2.3 to 2.5

1 spot in the third         3.3 to 3.4

2 spots in the fifth         5.3 to 5.5

1 spot in the sixth.        6.3 to 6.4