Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs Baltimore

dw49

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Indy500 said:

Colts pick no lower than third in the draft with a loss, so go Ravens!

How about 2 Colt losses and a Giant win ? That would be sweet .

Actually just a loss to Houston would help as it would save a "rotation" in rounds 2-4 . Looks to me that TB , SF and Houston if we beat them would all might  have 4 losses. Possible even Chicago could be there also it's Cleveland's only real chance to get a win. 

Baltimore is fighting to make the playoffs right now. They are motivated to tear us apart while we have pretty much packed it in. This should be somewhat of a blowout. Ravens win 30-13, and we secure a top draft pick. Only thing I'm worried about is the Texans in week 17 where we might pull off a win and hurt our draft position a little. This game is pretty cut and dry IMO though.

6 hours ago, dw49 said:

How about 2 Colt losses and a Giant win ? That would be sweet .

Actually just a loss to Houston would help as it would save a "rotation" in rounds 2-4 . Looks to me that TB , SF and Houston if we beat them would all might  have 4 losses. Possible even Chicago could be there also it's Cleveland's only real chance to get a win. 

Two colts losses and two Giants wins that would move them behind us.

5 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Two colts losses and two Giants wins that would move them behind us.

No, the Giants only need to win one (@ARI or WSH) if the Colts lose two for the Colts to move to #2.

I've posted the Strength-of-Schedule information in the thread "Weekly 2018 NFL draft order".  The Colts have a significant SoS tie breaker against all teams in the bottom 7.  Colts can even beat HOU and still potentially be at #2 if the Giants win two.  Check out the thread for the details.

35 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

No, the Giants only need to win one (@ARI or WSH) if the Colts lose two for the Colts to move to #2.

I've posted the Strength-of-Schedule information in the thread "Weekly 2018 NFL draft order".  The Colts have a significant SoS tie breaker against all teams in the bottom 7.  Colts can even beat HOU and still potentially be at #2 if the Giants win two.  Check out the thread for the details.

Either way we would get two and they would move down the order.

2 hours ago, ponyboy said:

Pretty much the only team we could have lost a tie breaker (SOS) to was Denver. The rest of the teams that come into play have way to big of a "lead" for it to change in the final 2 games. And we will go even lower as we finish vs Houston which will be 4-11 going into that game. 

So bottom line is in the first round we pick ahead of any team that has the same record as we do. Different story in subsequent rounds....

17 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

The Colts are 10-4 against the Ravens. Always a tough game for Baltimore. 

Most likely going to be 10-5 after this next game. :lol: 

All we can do is just laugh at how our season has went and move on. I'm not upset for a loss by this point.

23 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

I would say to guarantee us at best the number two(2) pick in the2018 draft is play the starters in the first quarter then the back-ups the rest of the game .

We only have backups left on the roster, lol.

5 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

I could see the Colts winning the first half! :dunno: 

It will be tough.... aren't they starting TJ Yates now?...... :lol:  I mean we are like 0- and (something not good) lately against QB's such as;  Brock Osweiler, TJ Yates, Brian Hoyer, Brandon Weeden just to name a few.... my God what a joke.

What a total mess we have become this year.  It really is laughable- unfortunately.

4 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

All we can do is just laugh at how our season has went and move on. I'm not upset for a loss by this point.

Me either.

Keeping my hopes that AL is going to come back healthy.  He would have made a difference this year.  I believe we would have won several of our second half collapse games..... good thing is, he wasn't here and we didn't win.  So, that means he didn't cover up our poor roster and poor coaching and we get the draft slots we deserve.  

Just maybe this turns into a good thing.  Thats all I have, lol.

10 hours ago, John Waylon said:

This is the kind of game in the kind of season where we come out and win by 28. 

I have no idea anymore. 

I can promise you that won't happen.

Baltimore isn't very good though. They're able to play down to competition. Here's the safe bet (because it's only happened like 8 times this year). The Colts will come out, play okay-ish. Maybe get a lead and promptly implode in the 4th.

8 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

We’ve been where the Colts are in different years, and at that point , you just want the higher draft pick. The key is getting Luck back with a decent O line, and you’re back next year. 

7 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

No talk about that stuff in Baltimore at all this week. Seemed to die down after 2012 season. 

It was never my fight, I wasn't alive at the time (a year shy!) so my only dog in the fight is that the story is told as it was. People leave out facts and fight over feelings.. I get the raw feelings, but..

Not to get political (because they wouldn't let me anyway), but imminent domain is something that governments abuse far to regularly. 

I assume you guys probably feel like you've got the better brand/thing going on anyway.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It was never my fight, I wasn't alive at the time (a year shy!) so my only dog in the fight is that the story is told as it was. People leave out facts and fight over feelings.. I get the raw feelings, but..

Not to get political (because they wouldn't let me anyway), but imminent domain is something that governments abuse far to regularly. 

I assume you guys probably feel like you've got the better brand/thing going on anyway.

I’ve had many conversations with posters over the years about this subject, mostly from a Baltimore perspective , because that’s where I was at in 1983. Eminent Donain obviously played a large part in the story, but there is much more to it than that. I’m against that law also, and it was stupid it happened. The reason it happened was because the Maryland legislature was convinced Irsay had already decided to leave , so it was a last gasp effort to stop the move. There is an interesting chronology to the whole story, if viewed fairly, you will find fault and mistakes on both sides. 

Bottom line is, people in Baltimore still nostalgically fondly remember the Baltimore Colts, but most of the rancor disappeared after the 2012 Super Bowl for the Indy Colts. I think we can all agree that our ire is better directed at the evil New England Patriots ,than each other.  

2 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I’ve had many conversations with posters over the years about this subject, mostly from a Baltimore perspective , because that’s where I was at in 1983. Eminent Donain obviously played a large part in the story, but there is much more to it than that. I’m against that law also, and it was stupid it happened. The reason it happened was because the Maryland legislature was convinced Irsay had already decided to leave , so it was a last gasp effort to stop the move. There is an interesting chronology to the whole story, if viewed fairly, you will find fault and mistakes on both sides. 

Bottom line is, people in Baltimore still nostalgically fondly remember the Baltimore Colts, but most of the rancor disappeared after the 2012 Super Bowl for the Indy Colts. I think we can all agree that our ire is better directed at the evil New England Patriots ,than each other.  

I was 12 years old when the move happened going on 13 so I didn't even understand the business side of it. I was just happy as a kid we got a team here in Indianapolis. That is when I became a Colts fan eventhough we were bad 1st 3 seasons here from 1984-1986.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was 12 years old when the move happened going on 13 so I didn't even understand the business side of it. I was just happy as a kid we got a team here in Indianapolis. That is when I became a Colts fan eventhough we were bad 1st 3 seasons here from 1984-1986.

I didn’t like how we got the Browns to come to Baltimore, but I guess at the end of the day, we as fans, just want to watch NFL football in our city. 

Its such big business now, that franchise relocation could happen to any city. I’ve been on both sides of it, and I’m full of mixed feelings about it. 

Looking back now, because Baltimore didn’t have a good stadium , I can understand Irsay leaving for a better deal. I myself, would have preferred at the time, leaving the Colts logos and jerseys in Baltimore, and getting an expansion team from the league. Although I was glad to get a team, I didn’t like how we got the Browns . I knew how they felt. 

On 12/18/2017 at 3:31 PM, gacoop1 said:

I would say to guarantee us at best the number two(2) pick in the2018 draft is play the starters in the first quarter then the back-ups the rest of the game .

Just do what we always do, the second half is when the starters play like backups anyway. 

8 hours ago, Superman said:

Just do what we always do, the second half is when the starters play like backups anyway. 

So sad.....but so true!! I wouldn't do much differently. Most our starters are on IR anyways. I think you give playing time to your young guys if you can...Basham on the DL, Wilson at corner, and I'm sorry to say it might be time to limit Gore's carries in favor of getting Mack more heavily envolved. He doesn't deserve it but he is also not going to break Martin's mark this year with the kind of OL we have as he is about 250 yards away. I'd like to see Mack get more involved. That all said yes if we do what we normally do we probably won't win. We will fight tough for a half...then fade into oblivion. I do expect us to win against Houston though....we always seem to win that last game of the year no matter how meaningless.

11 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

Agreed....there is definitely more to the story than is usually conveyed in the media and much more than a message board can handle. I agree we both have football teams and you guys have 2 championships since the Colts left. That does a lot of healing and it won't replace what you lost for the older generation but time does heal all wounds and before long there will be more fans who only know the Ravens then those who remember the Colts.

16 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I didn’t like how we got the Browns to come to Baltimore, but I guess at the end of the day, we as fans, just want to watch NFL football in our city. 

Its such big business now, that franchise relocation could happen to any city. I’ve been on both sides of it, and I’m full of mixed feelings about it. 

Looking back now, because Baltimore didn’t have a good stadium , I can understand Irsay leaving for a better deal. I myself, would have preferred at the time, leaving the Colts logos and jerseys in Baltimore, and getting an expansion team from the league. Although I was glad to get a team, I didn’t like how we got the Browns . I knew how they felt. 

I think there was fault on both sides in the Baltimore/Colts saga. I have no problem with a owner moving his business. That is his right as owner. However, as I have said many times over the years, if a team wants to leave a city and the team has been there a certain amount of time (20 years for example) then the name should stay in the city when the team leaves. That is what happened when the Browns went to Baltimore. The name stayed in Cleveland and he Ravens were born. I just HATE the thought of someday there being the Memphis Steelers or the San Antonio Packers.