Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

T.Y. Hilton - AFC Offensive Player of the Week.

BlueShoe

What happened to all the haters who were complaining about him? :(  now the ball gets forced to him (which jacoby did at times when he shouldn't have ) and he produces..but when he's not been thrown as often he's not a number 1 he needs to be traded he's a "ghost"..ridiculous 

1 hour ago, ColtsBlitz said:

You have nerve considering he's 2nd in the NFL in recieving yards. He's not a bum and we shouldn't trade him. Without Hilton we are 0-9

It was sarcasm, man! I was just making fun of the posters last week for saying that he's not a #1 receiver and trading him for a 2nd round pick would be amazing. 

31 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

It was sarcasm, man! I was just making fun of the posters last week for saying that he's not a #1 receiver and trading him for a 2nd round pick would be amazing. 

Sorry! It's hard to tell between sarcasm and someone's opinion on this board this year. 

Didn't he lead the league in yards last year?  So he's number 2 without luck and led the league last year......one could argue he's the best wr in the game today. I mean if the others are so great why don't they have his numbers? One might argue that so and so doesn't have a good qb throwing them the ball in which I reply Hilton has had Brisett throwing him the ball not luck. He def is a top 5 wr. Could you imagine how good he could be if he was a little more consistent!!

5 minutes ago, Trace Pyott said:

Didn't he lead the league in yards last year?  So he's number 2 without luck and led the league last year......one could argue he's the best wr in the game today. I mean if the others are so great why don't they have his numbers? One might argue that so and so doesn't have a good qb throwing them the ball in which I reply Hilton has had Brisett throwing him the ball not luck. He def is a top 5 wr. Could you imagine how good he could be if he was a little more consistent!!

Yup and not to mention, he's been super reliable health wise for us too. That's what you need in a #1 WR. You want him to play. Every player will have a string of bad games where they don't do much. But TY always makes up for it after a couple games. He goes off for a buck fifty and a TD or two. He's good for it.

28 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Read his statement and tell me that doesn't sound like something someone would say and actually mean it. 

I have to agree with that. I have to remember to make it clear when I make a sarcastic comment because some of them have been taken serious.

40 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have to agree with that. I have to remember to make it clear when I make a sarcastic comment because some of them have been taken serious.

I am not sure I follow you CC1, is that sarcasm?  I thought all of your comments were serious. lmao 

Who knew all that practicing of diving on the ground because he was scared to get hit would pay off. Way to redeem yourself TY!!

Some guys have the stiff arm, others the spin move, some yet the juke, and finally others the hurdle.....but TY has the "possum" ....just take a dive and play dead and hope the defense ignores you!

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

Who knew all that practicing of diving on the ground because he was scared to get hit would pay off. Way to redeem yourself TY!!

Some guys have the stiff arm, others the spin move, some yet the juke, and finally others the hurdle.....but TY has the "possum" ....just take a dive and play dead and hope the defense ignores you!

It worked for Marvin Harrison pretty good.      :hat:

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep Marvin did give himself up a lot....but then again I don't ever remember Marvin run a route a yard short of the first down marker either....sooooooo.....lol

So TY gets grilled over one play? Ok. I don't care what player you can think of they all have plays they wish they had back. Just saying.

57 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So TY gets grilled over one play? Ok. I don't care what player you can think of they all have plays they wish they had back. Just saying.

Look I'm not going to go into every single play...besides I don't even know which specific play your talking about because its happened multiple times this year alone. He even fumbled once diving on the ground. All I'm saying is his first instinct is to get down. I'm not going to make this about anyone else. I appreciate his abilities but on 3rd down when we need a first I either need him to get past the sticks on his routes or at least make an effort to do so after he catches. If anyone wants to go to his 5 years of tape I think it is common knowledge that he has done this numerous times. I'm not trying to say he is a bad receiver or anything...just its something that annoys me and I'm certain many other Colts fans. I cringe everytime I see him do it...and on a team where first downs are hard to come by I would just hope he would put it all out there a little more sometimes. 

9 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Look I'm not going to go into every single play...besides I don't even know which specific play your talking about because its happened multiple times this year alone. He even fumbled once diving on the ground. All I'm saying is his first instinct is to get down. I'm not going to make this about anyone else. I appreciate his abilities but on 3rd down when we need a first I either need him to get past the sticks on his routes or at least make an effort to do so after he catches. If anyone wants to go to his 5 years of tape I think it is common knowledge that he has done this numerous times. I'm not trying to say he is a bad receiver or anything...just its something that annoys me and I'm certain many other Colts fans. I cringe everytime I see him do it...and on a team where first downs are hard to come by I would just hope he would put it all out there a little more sometimes. 

He only has 34 catches this season and is 2nd in the league in yardage. He is not a possession receiver. He does not have the size to fight for more yardage. We need him healthy, not injured fighting for more yardage. He has the yardage as it is.

You are wanting him to be the type of receiver he is not. With all the problem we have TY is the least one we have at this time.

I said I like TY....just because I am critical of an aspect of his game doesn't mean I don't like the kid. All I am asking and all I was making fun of was the fact he takes a dive too often. I don't think its too much to ask someone to run a route to the sticks instead of a yard or two short. Its called situational awareness. He doesn't have to be something he isn't...breaking tackles etc...even when smaller wrs do it all the time....all I am asking if he is running an 7 yard dig and we need 8 yds...maybe run it a little deeper. Lets not make this something its not. A lot of people were upset with his comments...including myself....but I'm not calling for him to be traded or cut or anything...just making light of the fact he plays like a possum....its a joke.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:06 PM, Blueblood23 said:

Hilton has had 3 great games, 4 games he was a ghost, 2 average games. That is not being a stud receiver in my book.

http://m.espn.com/nfl/playergamelog?playerId=14924

So you taking an negative issue with TY over how he has played? How about if he had a QB who threw him the ball on a regular bases? He had no problem having great games when Luck was healthy did he?  Leading the league in yardage makes you a stud IMO.

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you taking an negative issue with TY over how he has played? How about if he had a QB who threw him the ball on a regular bases? He had no problem having great games when Luck was healthy did he?  Leading the league in yardage makes you a stud IMO.

He had the same QB when all you Hilton apologists went googlie over his great game against the Texans. Today against Pittsburgh he was absent again. Colts are paying this guy a lot of money for his off and on production. I already can see that Hilton will use the groin excuse for games like today.

8 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

He had the same QB when all you Hilton apologists went googlie over his great game against the Texans. Today against Pittsburgh he was absent again. Colts are paying this guy a lot of money for his off and on production. I already can see that Hilton will use the groin excuse for games like today.

Pittsburgh took him out of the game. They seen what he did last week. You don't think they planed all week on taking him out? That was good. It opened up Moncrief and Rogers for their TDs. TY's presence on the field opened them two up. Basic football.

16 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

TY being a solid WR opened up for plays like Chester Rogers and his TD.  The safety stayed on Hilton's side of the field.  If a team is going to double him to take him out you use that as a benefit.  TY is solid!

16 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

The groin excuse? Is that you Vontae?

I'd fire Mike Vrabel right away as DC of the Texans. TY and Robert Woods going off in consecutive games vs the Texans, Belichick would not put up with that kind of defensive coaching.

I am glad TY was the recipient of it but come and get me when he burns the Steelers or Patriots for 100 plus yards in a game. 

19 minutes ago, Thewholefnshow28 said:

That is his m.o. for most of his career.  Feed on bad defenses and then no show against average or above defenses.  I am sure it is everyone's fault but his.

That's what he does. If he didn't make the money an elite receiver made, I would not have an issue with him. He is not an elite player as if he's pressed then can't get off the line. He goes great in a zone against lesser defenses.