Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Presser -- Media Pressure Growing

Coltsman1788

3 hours ago, GoColtsWin said:

Couldn’t agree more. AL needs all the reps he can get(within medical reasoning, ie a pitch-count), to knock off the amount of rust he’s accumulated. The line will shake out, it has to right!?! Tough times for sure. I know football’s a tough sport, but the injuries are so cronic for the Colts. 

Seems injuries are not with just the Colts its a trend league wide this year. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(Sarcasm)The future of football.  Every rookie player drafted undergoes new breakthrough surgery to replace all pertinent ligaments and tendons with synthetic ones designed to withstand the rigors of the NFL.  It will be in their contracts.  Extreme stretching clauses will be added along with existing weight loss clauses.  Just like with cars. Players will undergo diagnostic test to see where their imbalances lie in order to prevent hamstring injuries from occurring.  Turfs will be real grass despite indoor or outdoor stadiums.  New hybrids with bounce will be grown and used, almost like a championship wrestling ring floor.  Contract clauses will state that each players mother gets to select her sons girlfriend or wife ..to help eliminate domestic abuses.  If in violation, players mother gets to beat him in public procession.  Tv rights will be bidded for.  

Problems solved.

7 hours ago, azcolt said:

And yet the name that keeps popping up is a career special teams coach — currently at KC, of course. At least we won’t have any competition for him. Of course he may have to spend a few years hiring and firing coordinators as he certainly doesn’t have any known coordinators to bring with him.

Toub did interview for 2 HC jobs this offseason (Chargers, Broncos) so its not like no one else has shown interest in potentially making him a HC. We might see some competition for him. Although I'd like to think we have the inside track at getting him if thats who we want. 

They grilled him and he had couldn't stand the heat. Time for him to get out the kitchen. This team has lost badly and he's badly lost this team.

Only teams we beat are winless teams so it's likely we're done winning this year since our remaining schedule doesn't have any winless teams remaining. What a shame.

13 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I said the same thing in September...   then sometime earlier this month I began to soften my position.

Now, with the setback to Luck, I've changed.    I don't see him returning until the bye week in late November.   If this team is mathematically eliminated, still struggling, still can't fix the O-line, then why at that point risk it?

If Luck got hurt in a meaningless December game, why risk setting back the 2018 season?   I don't think Ballard will do that.    Too risky for the organization.    

That's my hunch now...

I still think Luck will play at some point if for nothing else to show potential coaches for next season that they will have a franchise QB not damaged goods . One has to wonder at this point is the HC job is a desirable position with a mess of a roster and a huge question mark at QB .

6 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Listening to JMV "drop off line sports" on facebook. Says he has been told that Pagano will be fired fwiw. He cites lack of fan interest as the primary reason after yesterdays debacle.  Colts are worried they are losing the fanbase.

Losing the fanbase, they are gone and out the door.... Games are embarrassing.  :Nuke:

7 hours ago, strt182 said:

Seems injuries are not with just the Colts its a trend league wide this year. 

It seems like a yearly thing for the Colts though. Even in the RCA Dome, w/that horrible carpet they used to play on. Others on this forum have screamed from the rafters about how bad the field-turf is in Lucas Oil. 

4 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Listening to JMV "drop off line sports" on facebook. Says he has been told that Pagano will be fired fwiw. He cites lack of fan interest as the primary reason after yesterdays debacle.  Colts are worried they are losing the fanbase.

As they should be worried. Poor product for multiple years + an unpopular players protest on the field around the league and you have a recipe for massive fan revenue loss that may not quickly return. I mean, you have the hard core, they will likely stay regardless if they have expendable cash. The middle of the road fan, which is the core of most teams. These people will likely stay on but just as easily could flip to the meh crowd. That's the group this team better go coddle a bit because they lose that group, this team will be looking for a new city from an empty stadium in a tepid football city. Fair weather fans will come and go and only be the big fan when it's convenient and popular. If they lose a few, they are tapping out. This crowd you can't win with unless you have the product to be seen at and constant winning. 

I lean to the edge of middle middle of the road fan and up to the hard core fan. However, the team has lost me this season due to the protesting and likely not a returning season ticket holder (after 20+ years) because of it. I can stomach watching a bad team play but I can't combine the two issues and watch an incompetent coaching staff continue doing the same things week after week. 

7 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I lean to the edge of middle middle of the road fan and up to the hard core fan. However, the team has lost me this season due to the protesting and likely not a returning season ticket holder (after 20+ years) because of it. I can stomach watching a bad team play but I can't combine the two issues and watch an incompetent coaching staff continue doing the same things week after week. 

This^

30 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Christmas would come early if that happens. Chud should go next year too. Joe Philbin can be stand by coach, I guess. 

11 minutes ago, krunk said:

Chuck, Chud, and Ted need to all be relieved of they're duties.   The whole house needs to be cleaned out.  Time is up and we've seen all we need to see.  I'm on board now fellas.  LOL!!!!

I doubt we can replace them all mid season

1 minute ago, Stephen said:

I doubt we can replace them all mid season

Not really talking about now, more like at the end of the season.  Although if it happened during the season I really wouldn't even care at this point.   It couldn't possibly get worse.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Not really talking about now, more like at the end of the season.  Although if it happened during the season I really wouldn't even care at this point.   It couldn't possibly get worse.

Idk I think marvin lewis is just as bad as Pagano

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Idk I think marvin lewis is just as bad as Pagano

Marvin Lewis and Chuck are the same guy to me. But I'm just talking about us and our situation.   My point is I don't even care what or when it happens at this point.   The Colts entire staff needs to go.  And everybody knows it's rare for me to say stuff like this.

Watching that yesterday, if there was ever a bright red, glowing, flashing sign that it's time for them to go, that game was it.

I almost never call for guys to be fired (there's literally untold amounts of fans who can do that after every game), but that was it. In every way one can judge such a thing, Pagano and Co. met every metric for a staff that needs to go away.

I dunno if it happens today (it wouldn't bother me) but it's going to happen. The stench is everywhere

Edited by The Fish

Just now, krunk said:

Bob Kravitz @bkravitz

I was told late last night that there were no plans to fire Chuck Pagano today, but was warned that circumstances might change come Monday. So basically, at this point, we don't know for sure.

meaning, we're going to talk to the players first.

From profootballtalk:

...Pagano is far from the only one deserving blame for the Colts’ 2-5 record. Colts owner Jim Irsay is the one who insisted in January that the Colts didn’t need another quarterback because Andrew Luck would heal from surgery in time for the start of the season. And Colts G.M. Chris Ballard is the one who waited until September to trade for Jacoby Brissett, even though it had been obvious for months that Luck’s shoulder was healing more slowly than Irsay’s initial timeline.

But Irsay isn’t going to fire himself, and he isn’t going to fire the G.M. he just hired this year, either. So if someone is going to go, it’s going to be Pagano. And given the way the Colts are playing, someone’s got to go.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/23/chuck-paganos-seat-is-growing-hotter-by-the-day/

I thought there was a real possibility he'd be fired today after JMV's comments/tweets yesterday.

But now with Holder's tweets, even though he's been wrong before, and Kravitz' tweets it seems to me like they're just going to wait.

I know the Grigson firing came out of nowhere, meaning no insiders knew it was coming, but if we were firing Pagano today I feel like there would be more noise.

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I thought there was a real possibility he'd be fired today after JMV's comments/tweets yesterday.

But now with Holder's tweets, even though he's been wrong before, and Kravitz' tweets it seems to me like they're just going to wait.

I know the Grigson firing came out of nowhere, meaning no insiders knew it was coming, but if we were firing Pagano today I feel like there would be more noise.

Yeah me too. JMV even said this morning that he was told Pagano would be let go but that he wasn't sure if it would happen because he wasn't part of the conversations that were happening right at that moment. I get the sense from that comment and a few other tweets i had seen yesterday that maybe there was some sort of a meeting early this morning to discuss this issue.  The fact that they sent out a media release for the regular press conference with Chuck after that makes me think that somehow he once again has managed to hang on. Irsay hasn't made many good decisions lately though so it wouldnt be surprising.

I was reading Stephen Holder's twitter and he's saying that Ballard was looking to 2018 from the moment he came on board. I'm thinking they knew this was going to be a down year. So honestly, it might be pointless to make the changes now unless Pagano completely loses the locker room(which looks like it could be happening). But I think it's pretty clear there will be a house cleaning at the end of the year, barring a few select coaches.

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

No but send a message. This team shows no fight. Pagano needs to go sooner than later. 

That is hard nut to crack... Fire the HC without better option at hand? Leave a poor performance without answer?

IMO if the fanbase would shrink, Irsay will pull the trigger. Next 2 games are away ones...

It's funny how they're lying/guessing on Pagano's future.

I'm told he'll be fired, I'm told he's safe, there is a meeting today, blah blah.

They have no clue, just trying to be first to report it if something happens.