Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The crazy notion that Luck is unhappy....../ Luck Rumor not true/ Clearing the air ( (merge))

JRnINDY

24 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Here is Andrew himself saying he'd be ready week 1. Unless you can interpret this too as saying something else 

Speaking Monday, Andrew Luck confirmed his shoulder operation stemmed from his Sept. 2015 injury.
Luck got his shoulder wrecked in Week 3 2015 against the Titans, missing the first two starts of his career. He treated the issue with rest and rehab the past two years, but decided the regimen was no longer enough. Missing the entire offseason, Luck is considered questionable for the start of camp, but has insisted he will be ready for Week 1. Apr 17 - 1:25 PM

How would LUCK KNOW in April he would be ready?

A  ___ stirring topic, with ZERO useful purpose. jmo of course

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

In this case, we do know what's wildly speculative, because the person responsible for the speculation admitted it was just that.

They need to talk about something, I suppose.  Not much else of interest to talk about after that stinker on Sunday.

2 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I don't have a problem believing this is all true. I'm not surprised at all with what his agent had said. What else would we expect him to say? It wouldn't surprise me one bit to see Andrew playing for the 49ers next season.

Because the Colts want to trade Luck for what exactly that is remotely worth eating his whole signing bonus against the cap when traded, so that the 9'ers get him at a huge discount?  they'd have him at like 18 million next year, while the colts would be saddled with over 19 million in accellerated bonus money for whatever crap players and picks they got?  Sure, I guess those are reasons not to be surprised one bit if Luck got traded to San Fran..... lol

27 minutes ago, Superman said:

No. Rotoworld was speculating, and went too far. Luck NEVER insisted he would be ready Week 1. I don't think Luck offered any timeline predictions at any point, ever. If he did, you should be able to find a quote directly from Luck, not a speculative comment from a fantasy sports site.

Here is USA Today: 

Luck is hoping for an improvement from the offense in 2017, but the unit will have to settle for its starting quarterback doing classroom work with his teammates rather than the on-field variety. It’s unlikely that happens before training camp, though Luck was adamant that he will play all regular-season games.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/662047001

19 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

How would LUCK KNOW in April he would be ready?

A  ___ stirring topic, with ZERO useful purpose. jmo of course

I don't know how Luck would know but that's what he said. maybe the doctor told him when he'd be ready to go again. Itsay said Luck would be back too but he thought the OL was fixed hard to take him serious.  The USA Today article is posted above  reporting Luck said he'd be back week 1. 

6 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Here is USA Today: 

Luck is hoping for an improvement from the offense in 2017, but the unit will have to settle for its starting quarterback doing classroom work with his teammates rather than the on-field variety. It’s unlikely that happens before training camp, though Luck was adamant that he will play all regular-season games.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.indystar.com/amp/662047001

Still waiting on a quote from Luck.

In July, prior to training camp, no commitment to Luck that he'd play Week 1: http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/07/29/indianapolis-colts-quarterback-andrew-luck-may-not-start-regular-season/522487001/ 

In April, and article that says Luck was adamant he'd play in Week 1, but offers no quote of Luck saying that himself: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/04/17/colts-quarterback-andrew-luck-discusses-shoulder-surgery-first-time/100570404/

This whole narrative, while predictable, sucks. Luck, coming off a big surgery, misses some time and the media absolutely goes bonkers. It's basically everywhere right now, Luck *should* want out, even if he doesn't.

I mean, I don't do Mike & Mike (I tend to avoid BSPN products), but this is really, really weak. The guys attempt at clarification has nothing to do with his original statement..

"Even with that enormous contract and that enormous talent, we could be seeing, right before our eyes, the end of the Andrew Luck era in Indianapolis."

"I want to make it clear, I’m not reporting (Luck) wants out of there or anything like that. That’s just a commonly heard rumor, that he doesn’t want to go back on the field because he feels that he played hurt last year and will not want to go back out until he’s 100 percent. That’s not even a rumor, just what people are saying around the situation."

It's not a rumor, it's just the rumor and what I just said isn't what I'm saying, okay....

This guy is a useless *. He's on the 'avoid' list.

44 minutes ago, Superman said:

No. Rotoworld was speculating, and went too far. Luck NEVER insisted he would be ready Week 1. I don't think Luck offered any timeline predictions at any point, ever. If he did, you should be able to find a quote directly from Luck, not a speculative comment from a fantasy sports site.

This isn't speculation Rotoworld provides the source for everything they report as news. The bottom of this report shows it came from Irsay's Twitter account. Irsay changed the story about Luck being ready week 1. The whole thing was made worse because  of a  dumb decision not to prepare for the worst resulting in the mess that is our QB situation. Incompetence in ownership not reporting. 

The news comes from owner Jim Irsay, who had previously said Luck would not need surgery to fix the issue which has "lingered since 2015." Luck did not miss any games, but he was consistently limited in practice. Getting it fixed properly seems like the right call, although it likely will force Luck to miss most of the offseason program and perhaps some of training camp. Irsay did say Luck "will be ready" for Week 1.

Jan 19 - 8:51 AM

1 minute ago, akcolt said:

This isn't speculation Rotoworld provides the source for everything they report as news. The bottom of this report shows it came from Irsay's Twitter account. Irsay changed the story about Luck being ready week 1. The whole thing was made worse because  of a  dumb decision not to prepare for the worst resulting in the mess that is our QB situation. Incompetence in ownership not reporting. 

The news comes from owner Jim Irsay, who had previously said Luck would not need surgery to fix the issue which has "lingered since 2015." Luck did not miss any games, but he was consistently limited in practice. Getting it fixed properly seems like the right call, although it likely will force Luck to miss most of the offseason program and perhaps some of training camp. Irsay did say Luck "will be ready" for Week 1.

Jan 19 - 8:51 AM

I already addressed Irsay's comment from January, and how he revised his expectation along the way. 

Again, it's really simple. Tolzien was the backup plan. They thought he'd be good enough. They were wrong. Call it incompetence if you want, but whatever it is, they need to fix it right away.

8 minutes ago, Gramz said:

I would imagine that he is Unhappy.  (but not for the reasons of the rumor)

I would imagine that he'd be much happier completely healthy and out there on the field playing.  Let's hope he gets there soon.   

How dare you have some perspective! 

1 hour ago, Superman said:

So if someone says something false about Luck, and Luck denies it, his denial carries no weight because you're just going to dismiss it. That's fair. 

I liked this response by Superman because coming off major shoulder surgery nobody really knows the exact timetable for recovery since every patient is different in terms of pain tolerance & range of motion & feeling comfortable throwing from the pocket again under intense pass rush. 

I never understand why some reporters always think Jimmy, our new GM, & face of the franchise believe Luck is disgruntled & lying to them about his condition/healing prospects. I get that fans hate to lose or get taken to school on TV, but like you implied Superman, no one is intentionally misleading anybody on purpose. 

I still think a bunch of this anti-Luck rhetoric is Deflate Gate resentment residue that NE fans & their supporters can't let go of so, let's pile on Chewbacca just to show how petty some Foxboro fans are. Not all, but a sizable majority IMO. Why can they accept that Brady didn't do himself any favors with the "I don't think or believe so" that Tom might be labeled a cheater. 

I just can't understand why so many sports writers & analysts took such glee in INDY getting our caboose kicked by the Rams. A division rival like the Jags I get, but the media needs to let this conspiracy theory go. Grow up you lame reporters who couldn't hack it as professional athletes. LOL! 

Luck loves this city, her fanbase, & Ballard & Jimmy lied to nobody period. Anyway, thanks for your level headed objectiveness as always Superman. Your hint of sarcasm in "that's fair" was right on point too. 

13 minutes ago, Superman said:

I already addressed Irsay's comment from January, and how he revised his expectation along the way. 

Again, it's really simple. Tolzien was the backup plan. They thought he'd be good enough. They were wrong. Call it incompetence if you want, but whatever it is, they need to fix it right away.

I know our stance on Andrew availability has changed but that doesn't make what Rotoworld reported speculation. Iray said confidently that Luck would be ready and that's what was reported. Andrew said he would not miss any games and that's what was reported. That's not speculation. When reporting news Rotoworld always provides the source of the information they are reporting. Something happened to cause Irsay and Co to change their tune but Rotoworld got it right at the time they reported it. 

The bush league reporting that's happening on ESPN is speculation but that's come to be expected from that network. We make it easy for them to create stories like this declaring the OL fixed running Tolzien out on opening day. We look like we have no clue the Rams blast us. The way our QB situation was handled is just more egg on our face. 

26 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I know our stance on Andrew availability has changed but that doesn't make what Rotoworld reported speculation. Iray said confidently that Luck would be ready and that's what was reported. Andrew said he would not miss any games and that's what was reported. That's not speculation. When reporting news Rotoworld always provides the source of the information they are reporting. Something happened to cause Irsay and Co to change their tune but Rotoworld got it right at the time they reported it. 

The bush league reporting that's happening on ESPN is speculation but that's come to be expected from that network. We make it easy for them to create stories like this declaring the OL fixed running Tolzien out on opening day. We look like we have no clue the Rams blast us. The way our QB situation was handled is just more egg on our face. 

Rotoworld is a speculation/projection site. They take someone else's report, then offer their projection for how it will affect the player's fantasy value. Any of their comments are not reports or news.

Again, let's find a quote from Luck saying he wouldn't miss any games. I don't think we can. Even in the articles that Rotoworld was commenting on, there are no quotes supporting their comments.

And if we do a Luck quote from April, how relevant is that? He's commented since then saying he doesn't know exactly when he'll be back. 

Irsay said Luck would be back immediately after his surgery, in January. It's September. It's alarmist in nature to say 'what Irsay said in January didn't come true, that must mean something went wrong!' In reality, this is how injury recovery works. 

I know we (the collective we) don't love the job Pagano did on Sunday and we know he's not great, but first, win what? Win the Super Bowl? Probably true. Win some games with Brady? Sure, they'd win some games, maybe not as many as with Luck though..

And this is something I wish fans understood. Luck can't reasonably expect any demand to be traded at this point to be acted on.

He could retire. That's when he won't be a Colt.

23 minutes ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

If I were in Andrew Lucks shoes, I would demand Chris Ballard to fire Pagano ASAP or be traded... I would chose to play where I wouldn't get hurt for every snap I would take.

The Colts won't be trading Luck. If he wants to play the Carson Palmer retirement card, he'll have to pay back $25.6m of his $32m signing bonus. 

Let's go ahead and table this trade demand stuff. Luck has credibility, respect, and certainly the attention of the Colts front office and ownership. What he does not have is leverage, and that's all that matters when a player makes demands.

More importantly, Luck would not make any demands of anyone, and I think we all know that.

7 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Greenberg KNOWS better than to frame opinion as fact, or to leave the door on an opinion WIIIIDE open to conjecture that paints it in a light as if it were fact......  just irresponsible viewer/listener mongering......

Greeny...that little punk.  Go start some Jets rumors somewhere and keep our franchise QB's name out of your lying mouth.

The Colts won't be trading Luck. If he wants to play the Carson Palmer retirement card, he'll have to pay back $25.6m of his $32m signing bonus. 

Let's go ahead and table this trade demand stuff. Luck has credibility, respect, and certainly the attention of the Colts front office and ownership. What he does not have is leverage, and that's all that matters when a player makes demands.

More importantly, Luck would not make any demands of anyone, and I think we all know that.

Stop being logical!

2 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

I would hate if the colts traded Luck away... but to be honest... not even Tom Brady could win with our current team or coach.

If I were in Andrew Lucks shoes, I would demand Chris Ballard to fire Pagano ASAP or be traded... I would chose to play where I wouldn't get hurt for every snap I would take.

It's football, there is not a single team in the league that can guarantee he wont get hurt. The top 3 offensive lines in the league last year, Dallas, Oakland, and Tennessee all lost their quarterbacks to season ending injuries. Let's not forget that sometime Luck just is reckless with his own body. The scramble and run where he lacerated his Kidney by choosing not to slide and trying to tackle people on interceptions to name a few examples.

Someone in this thread (not Superman) actually said they thought that Luck's father, Oliver,  would talk to Irsay on his son's behalf.

First,  that's not the way that Luck's family works.     Oliver does not get involved.    He didn't in HS.    He didn't at Stanford.     And I don't think he ever will in the NFL.

If Luck has a problem,  he'll either go directly to Irsay himself,  or he'll have an agent speak to Irsay directly.    That's how things are done and Luck knows it.

But Lucks LOVES Indianapolis.     It's a perfect community for him.    I think he'd be willing to spend his entire career here if possible.     He's not looking to go anywhere.    But, yes,  I'm sure he'd love a better supporting cast around him.    He's not had a top cast since he's been in the NFL.

I wouldn't blame Luck one bit if all of this ends up being true down the line. This team has failed him...He was drafted by an organization that intentionally tanked to draft him, and robbed him the chance to go to another team that could've maybe done things better. Lack of quality coaches, lack of offensive line, and now he's pretty much been killed behind that line to the point he's damaged and could be a risk for a career ending injury. After all the hell he's been through with injuries, I don't blame him at all if he truly does feel this way or gets to feeling this way down the line...

If Luck does come back at ANY point this year, what's the point in even starting him? He's just going to punished more behind that offensive line and risk another major injury. This team isn't winning more than 6 games...Their ceiling with Luck is around 6-7 wins. It's no use in risking him to get injured again. 

I feel sorry for the kid. He deserves better than this. His talent is pretty much being wasted and he had so much potential when he came up in the draft. 

4 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

I would hate if the colts traded Luck away... but to be honest... not even Tom Brady could win with our current team or coach.

If I were Andrew Luck I wouldn't have re-signed with this team who clearly has no clue what they are doing and left first chance I got to a team that just needs a QB there are plenty.

1 hour ago, Synthetic said:

I wouldn't blame Luck one bit if all of this ends up being true down the line. This team has failed him...He was drafted by an organization that intentionally tanked to draft him,

I stopped reading here. You're wrong.

And don't worry, Luck will be the QB of the Colts again.

7 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

He has five years left on his contract he has no leverage to force those kinds of moves even if he wanted too.

3 hours ago, CF4L said:

If I were Andrew Luck I wouldn't have re-signed with this team who clearly has no clue what they are doing and left first chance I got to a team that just needs a QB there are plenty.

You really don't think the Colts would have franchised tagged him to keep him from leaving?

I think Luck is unhappy.  I think he is frustrated, mostly with his own situation.  Who isn't?  But I don't think he's ready to give up on the Colts.  Where would he go?  The Jets?  The Browns?  You think it's any better there?

The foundation is in place now to get this team back to where it should be.  It's just going to take a lot longer than most expected.

None of us know what is in Luck's head now. It would be different if the Colts never did well with Luck. Everything was looking up until the team imploded. When Luck returns it will be a huge shot in the arm but it will never be a guarantee of anything with the current personnel. The last thing I want to se is his return to see the team to continue to embarrass the fans.. If they cannot win with him (and I don't think they can) then sit him for this entire year. Let's give Ballard time to try to build a team around Luck instead of Luck carrying the team on his back.

31 minutes ago, King Colt said:

None of us know what is in Luck's head now. It would be different if the Colts never did well with Luck. Everything was looking up until the team imploded. When Luck returns it will be a huge shot in the arm but it will never be a guarantee of anything with the current personnel. The last thing I want to se is his return to see the team to continue to embarrass the fans.. If they cannot win with him (and I don't think they can) then sit him for this entire year. Let's give Ballard time to try to build a team around Luck instead of Luck carrying the team on his back.

First off You do not pay a player $25mil/year to sit....will not happen.  A fan can complain all they want and hope to put Luck in some protective bubble, but this is football.  Sitting this year does not mean he does not get hurt next year.  When he is healthy and ready he will play.  End of story.