Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck throwing 30 yards

CR91

It's all speculation. That is all anyone is doing. 

Logic says that Luck will need to practice

with his receivers to get the timing down. All these people are doing is guessing how long until he starts practicing and then adding a couple of weeks. 

Truth is; Luck's in his 6th year, and without camp and preseason he will be rusty no matter what. He could logically be cleared on a Friday and play that Sunday. It is not ideal, but it's likely going to happen that way. 

If he sits out a week or two then so be it. We will probably pass block better after a few weeks anyway.

I don't care so long as he is healthy when he gets back. 

5 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

with his receivers to get the timing down. All these people are doing is guessing how long until he starts practicing and then added a couple of weeks. 

Truth is; Luck's in his 7th year, and without camp and preseason he will be rusty no matter what. He could logically be cleared on a Friday and play that Sunday. It is not ideal, but it's likely going to happen that way. 

If he sits out a week or two then so be it. We will probably pass block better after a few weeks anyway.

150 percent agree....Lets not rush him back. Would rather miss playoff then risk him gone for a long time !!!!! 

18 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

with his receivers to get the timing down. All these people are doing is guessing how long until he starts practicing and then adding a couple of weeks. 

Truth is; Luck's in his 7th year, and without camp and preseason he will be rusty no matter what. He could logically be cleared on a Friday and play that Sunday. It is not ideal, but it's likely going to happen that way. 

It's actually Luck's 6th year thank the Lord! I think he probably gets activated Wednesday and plays Week 2 

It is all projection.  No one knows.  I would love to be a fly on the wall in LOS when his status is discussed though, so frustrating to be this close to the new season, 8 months after his surgery and have no real idea of where he is on his recovery.

I genuinely think if he is back within the first 4 week and we stay at minimum .500 we could have a run at the playoffs.

6 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Well the title of the article says "last week" and that was posted 6 days ago.

He's probably at least throwing 32 yards by now.

They have repeatedly said no setbacks. Maybe they really are being extra careful, while trying to build a competent roster. Imagine, if we can win a real NFL game with Tolzien (maybe Morris). If Luck is healthy, considering last year he was dealing with a throwing shoulder, and still successful. The COLTS could surprise the media and NFL. Maybe even some of us fans....

Reality check... our defense still needs to get way better for anything positive to happen. 

Luck should be activated any day now. I fully expect him to Play week 2. While week 1 appears to be a long shot its still not impossible but I would say he would have to be activated today to play week 1.

If the defense plays good enough and the RB helps enough and Tolzien makes enough throws we should be able to beat the Rams if Luck cant go.

4 hours ago, bananabucket said:

Well the title of the article says "last week" and that was posted 6 days ago.

He's probably at least throwing 32 yards by now.

This was 1 week and a half ago. Activation  should be close. Ballard said reserve PUP is not an option so I htink he has to be activated by Sept 2.

22 minutes ago, ColtsArmy84 said:

Luck should be activated any day now. I fully expect him to Play week 2. While week 1 appears to be a long shot its still not impossible but I would say he would have to be activated today to play week 1.

If the defense plays good enough and the RB helps enough and Tolzien makes enough throws we should be able to beat the Rams if Luck cant go.

Is there a source for your Luck position or just conjecture?

9 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

JMV was the source of that. He brought that up on his show two weeks ago. Mid last week he said that from what his sources told him, Luck was 20 or so days away from being full go baring any setback or soreness.

As in full go to start in a game?

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's going to start opening day and throw 275 and 3 TD's just a gut feeling :scoregood:

I hope your right bud!  I am staying optimistic as well.  I'll be honest, the 275 and 3 TD's would be great but for Luck to be on the field and get out with a win without getting hurt on opening day would be great!  I'll take a little bit of rust as long as he can stay healthy and the Colts can get a win! 

1 minute ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I hope your right bud!  I am staying optimistic as well.  I'll be honest, the 275 and 3 TD's would be great but for Luck to be on the field and get out with a win without getting hurt on opening day would be great!  I'll take a little bit of rust as long as he can stay healthy and the Colts can get a win! 

Yeah I will take 225 and 2 TD's and no injury and a 17-16 win even.

1 hour ago, life long said:

They have repeatedly said no setbacks. Maybe they really are being extra careful, while trying to build a competent roster. Imagine, if we can win a real NFL game with Tolkien (maybe Morris). If Luck is healthy, considering last year he was dealing with a throwing shoulder, and still successful. The COLTS could surprise the media and NFL. Maybe even some of us fans....

Reality check... our defense still needs to get way better for anything positive to happen. 

When has this organization ever been truthful with the fans ESPECIALLY regarding injuries?  

They have known for awhile if Luck is starting Week 1 or not.  

IMO this is a middle finger to the fans to make that extra ticket sale and not some hush operation to ball up an opponent. 

10 hours ago, HOF19 said:

150 percent agree....Lets not rush him back. Would rather miss playoff then risk him gone for a long time !!!!! 

agreed

44 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

When has this organization ever been truthful with the fans ESPECIALLY regarding injuries?  

IMO this is a middle finger to the fans to make that extra ticket sale and not some hush operation to ball up an opponent. 

hardly. Im guessing the real answer/reason is that they just dont know for sure either way. Rehab is funny, sometimes it goes quick, other times its set back after set back. My honest gut feeling is that they are planning internally not to have him for the Rams game. But that he'll be back for week 2.

16 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

The way the team staff has been talking, I really doubt that we see Luck on week 1.  

i agree. still a chance but unlikely.

6 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Got tickets for the Cardinals game. I'm hoping Luck plays and Colts win but as long as we are .500 or better till he gets back, we should be ok

Me too!  I bought them 3 weeks or so ago.  I gambled that Luck would play!  I hope he does.  Either way it'll be fun.  Colts home games are the best!

30 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Me too!  I bought them 3 weeks or so ago.  I gambled that Luck would play!  I hope he does.  Either way it'll be fun.  Colts home games are the best!

We're driving out from Delaware (stopping in Canton on way back). 

If the Colts should loose badly, it will be a long ride home!

2 hours ago, ricker182 said:

The fact that we don't know if Luck is out for the season or just a game or two is also despicable.  

I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to watch Tolzien under center.  

Call me fairweather, but that guy is unwatchable at QB. 

Shoot if he's going to be under center for any length of time I might not even take the time to watch on TV.  

Fall is a great time to take the kids out and have fun.  Football games, especially in the middle of the day get in the way of that.  I'd certainly rather be taking my kids to the zoo or something then watching Tolzien taking snaps and the Colts getting killed.  

3 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

We're driving out from Delaware (stopping in Canton on way back). 

If the Colts should loose badly, it will be a long ride home!

You got that right!  I live 3 hours away in Illinois and that's a long ride home when the Colts lose lol.  The atmosphere is still awesome!

7 hours ago, ricker182 said:

They have no obligation to tell you anything.

8 hours ago, ricker182 said:

What?  By law they can't tell or talk about Luck's injuries to anyone without Luck's written consent. Just go read the laws for HIPPA. You are way off base with your comment. The Colts or no other NFL team are going to do something against the law because of anything you want.

9 hours ago, ricker182 said:

Oh Dear God!       AGAIN with this nonsense?

This is NOT a Colts thing.      Not a Colts problem.

This is what all 32 NFL teams do.

They do NOT release information, unless (A)   they absoutely have to,  and/or (B)  if it doesn't hurt them if they do.    Right now,   they're not interested in telling any of our opponents THIS SOON that Luck is out for their game.    They're release the news when the Colts feel the time is right,  not when the fans want it.

This is the way the NFL works.     Always has.