Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TE Situation-Williams vs Daniels

PrincetonTiger

I like Kriger Coble. Hes fine as a back up. I was hoping to see more of Wroblewski the 6'7" tight end but they haven't played him outside the Detroit game. I'd put Daniels on the PS. The head scratcher with Daniels is I'm wondering why they haven't utilized him more vertically. I mean he runs a 4.5.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

In a deep, talented TE draft class we not only failed to improve but actually got worse by trading Allen who was at least our best blocking TE.

We need Swoope bad to be  a vertical threat.

Well, on draft day we had Doyle and swoop, and more holes on the defense than a block of swiss cheese. We did get an infusion of defense and I'll take that over a #3 TE any day of the week. Can't fix everything in one off-season.

21 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

Should have taken Jake Butt in the 4th round instead of Grover Stewart.

Um No. Grover has been playing very well commanding double teams and holding his ground. I look for him to move into starter sooner than later.

1 minute ago, Smonroe said:

Isnt that supposed to be his specialty?  (I mean making blocks, not missing them)

I want to see more of HKC.

I'm exaggerating. I think I saw two, but on the play where Gore got blew up in the backfield, it was Williams letting a defender go right by him. The play probably would have gone for a big gain.

He had some good blocks also. 

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I like Kriger Coble. Hes fine as a back up. I was hoping to see more of Wroblewski the 6'7" tight end but they haven't played him outside the Detroit game. I'd put Daniels on the PS. The head scratcher with Daniels is I'm wondering why they haven't utilized him more vertically. I mean he runs a 4.5.

Same here

2 hours ago, krunk said:

I have really been impressed by the play of HKC

52 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

What happened to Swoope? Is his injury serious?

The TE lineup will probably be Doyle, Swoope, and Williams with maybe one of KC or Daniels on the PS.

Swoope had to get his knee cleaned out. Supposed to be back by week 1