Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Cowboys Preseason Game Night Thread


LucasOilStadium
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Honestly, though, I think Morris is getting better protection overall.

 

I just want to see him play with the 1's to see what he can really do.

 

I don't think Morris can actually play very well, even on a good night he's really inconsistent and made some questionable decisions. And since it's a foregone conclusion that Tolzien is the guy if Luck can't play, they should give Tolzien all the first team reps. But, Morris seems to have that playmaking gene, which Tolzien definitely does not have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Morris passes at least the eye test as a legitimate backup QB. He's scored touchdowns both games with very little time to play, and he is definitely a cool customer, way cooler then Tolzein. And those who say he's playing against third stringers, he's also playing with a third string OL and getting the job done. Tolzein doesn't show me anything other then the ability to complete short passes occasionally. He doesn't look or act like a leader or anyone I would want to go into battle with, even in his interviews he just doesn't have the confidence, swagger or charisma of a good leader, he always looks nervous. Give Morris time with the 2's next week and lets see how he does. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You don't like Locke? 

Locke is a good punter but it's just going to be hard to get over McAfee leaving when he did so much for this team. Excellent punting, great kickoffs, onside kicks, trick plays throwing the ball. He was even a decent and willing tackler.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

He is serviceable....but his kickoffs leave a lot to be desired....and Pat always had nice inside kicks.

 

We were not too disappointed when we did not re-sign him. He was ok; sometimes he had great punts and other times he had really bad ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There was the good - Marlon Mack. And Simon returning the favor from last week and forcing a fumble for Vontae to recover.  Hunt blocking a FG.

 

There was the bad - The Dallas OLine bulldozing our D in the opening drive.  And then again.  And then again.

 

And there was the ugly - Our offense without Luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Superman said:

 

I don't think Morris can actually play very well, even on a good night he's really inconsistent and made some questionable decisions. And since it's a foregone conclusion that Tolzien is the guy if Luck can't play, they should give Tolzien all the first team reps. But, Morris seems to have that playmaking gene, which Tolzien definitely does not have.

...and I think that's where we'll really disagree.  ST is a safe QB, and I think we both agree on that.

Morris, I think, will offer you a better chance of stretching the defense and possibly a *better* chance of moving the ball forward.  Of course, you also increase the chance of a turnover with his throwing inaccuracy.  You just have to pick your poison.

 

As of right now I want to see Morris get better snaps - even if it's with the 2's and not the 1's.  I need more time to evaluate him against better talent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

He's a good punter but it's just going to be hard to get over McAfee leaving when he did so much for this team. Excellent punting, great kickoffs, onside kicks, trick plays throwing the ball. He was even a decent tackler.

Oh yeah, McAfee was great -- the best out there. I was surprised he retired.  I only asked the question because Locke is a former Vikings player who they chose not to re-sign.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Did you see the stats on Wilson? If you didn't, let me post the link again.

Wilson has not regressed.  2015 stats: 68.1 completion percentage, 4024 yds, 34 TD passes and 8 Int. 110.1 passer rating. 

It is disturbing that so many minimize or deliberately misrepresent his performance.

http://www.nfl.com/player/russellwilson/2532975/careerstats

 

I don't care about passer rating. You thow 15 passes a game and get 120 because you are only asked to do so much. Then, be asked to pass 40 a game, and you downfall....

 

Wilson's QBR ratings (still not perfect measure, but a lot better than rating an such, represents effectiveness better) since he's been drafted: 77.2, 70.4, 72,7, 72.2 and 63.6. His yards/game averages respectively were 194, 210, 217, 251 and 263 yards.

 

I'm not saying he's bad, don't get me wrong. But clearly, as he's been asked more, he's been regressing. He is terrific until he can move and not asked to pass more than 20-25 times, 220-230 yards per game. As he's asked to throw more, he's dropping his level, he's not in Luck's, Carr's, Winston's league. He never will be. He's like a better Vick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Oh yeah, McAfee was great -- the best out there. I was surprised he retired.  I only asked the question because Locke is a former Vikings player who they chose not to re-sign.

Yeah I get it. I saw Locke play for the Vikings in a couple games and was not impressed at all. I'm pleasantly surprised at what he is showing with us right now. I haven't seen a bad punt yet I don't think. He pinned one inside the 5 last week. It was a beauty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah I get it. I saw Locke play for the Vikings in a couple games and was not impressed at all. I'm pleasantly surprised at what he is showing with us right now. I haven't seen a bad punt yet I don't think. He pinned one inside the 5 last week. It was a beauty.

Bounced out at the 2, I think.  It was a beauty.  I like Locke.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

 

I don't care about passer rating. You thow 15 passes a game and get 120 because you are only asked to do so much. Then, be asked to pass 40 a game, and you downfall....

 

Wilson's QBR ratings (still not perfect, but better reflects actual performance) since he's been drafted: 77.2, 70.4, 72,7, 72.2 and 63.6. His yards/game averages respectively were 194, 210, 217, 251 and 263 yards.

 

I'm not saying he's bad, don't get me wrong. But clearly, as he's been asked more, he's been regressing. He is terrific until he can move and not asked to pass more than 20-25 times, 220-230 yards per game. As he's asked to throw more, he's dropping his level, he's not in Luck's, Carr's, Winston's league. He never will be. He's like a better Vick.

 

He is only "like a better Vick"??? Wow. It is so absurd that I don't think that deserves a response. :facepalm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would like to see Morris get a chance to play with the 1st string next week.  I think he has made better checkoffs and more down field throws than Tolzien.  He has played better, albeit against the 2nd string d....but give the guy a chance.  Tolzien has not done anything.  Costanzo is not any better this year either.....Grigson leftover

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

...and I think that's where we'll really disagree.  ST is a safe QB, and I think we both agree on that.

Morris, I think, will offer you a better chance of stretching the defense and possibly a *better* chance of moving the ball forward.  Of course, you also increase the chance of a turnover with his throwing inaccuracy.  You just have to pick your poison.

 

As of right now I want to see Morris get better snaps - even if it's with the 2's and not the 1's.  I need more time to evaluate him against better talent.

 

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that. I just think it's a done deal that Tolzien is the guy if Luck can't play, and that being the case, I want him to get as much work in the preseason as possible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah I get it. I saw Locke play for the Vikings in a couple games and was not impressed at all. I'm pleasantly surprised at what he is showing with us right now. I haven't seen a bad punt yet I don't think. He pinned one inside the 5 last week. It was a beauty.

 

He will have some awesome punts at times. But at other times, he will punt poorly. McAfee was consistently good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Quincy Wilson went out & our punter got blasted. Don't know what the injuries were or how extensive but that's all I remember from the game.

 

I hope Wilson is fine. He held his arm, looked like he has pain in his shoulder....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Superman said:

 

I don't necessarily disagree with any of that. I just think it's a done deal that Tolzien is the guy if Luck can't play, and that being the case, I want him to get as much work in the preseason as possible. 

IF the coaching staff has already given Tolz the keys then I fault the coaching staff, but  it is what it is.  If they haven't settled on the starter then they owe themselves to let Morris run with the 1's.  I hope they haven't boxed themselves into a corner.  We shall see.

Go COLTS!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I like Rigo

 

He must be from Princeton, Evansville or went to school in Indiana. There is no more loyal Hoosier than you. :)

 

I was speaking to my neighbor of 10 years a couple of weeks ago. He told me that he grew up in Indiana -- a city called Hobart. He is a very nice guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...