Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Cowboys Preseason Game Night Thread


LucasOilStadium
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Superman said:

 

Absolutely I can. Tolzien threw the ball accurately, and I don't understand why everyone is acting like he was bad today.

 

 

Tolzien threw the ball well today. All short stuff, but he hit his receivers, even against tight coverage and with poor protection. Almost every completion from Walker has been high, and the receiver has had to jump to make the catch.

 

Morris wasn't good last week either, aside from the last drive.

 

I'm convinced Tolzien is significantly better than Walker and Morris. Doesn't mean I'm a Tolzien fan, but it's crazy to me that everyone is banging Tolzien while itching to see two guys that are clearly worse.

 

Tolzien is definitely the lesser of several evils, at the back up QB position and the other guys haven't done much to close the gap. I am curious as to why they keep forcing Walker before Morris when he continues to spray the ball with such inaccuracy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, chad72 said:

 

Tolzien is definitely the lesser of several evils, at the back up QB position and the other guys haven't done much to close the gap. I am curious as to why they keep forcing Walker before Morris when he continues to spray the ball with such inaccuracy.

 

I think Morris did the same thing last week, so I'm not sure it matters. To hear Venturi tell it, Morris isn't good in practice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

Absolutely I can. Tolzien threw the ball accurately, and I don't understand why everyone is acting like he was bad today.

 

 

Tolzien threw the ball well today. All short stuff, but he hit his receivers, even against tight coverage and with poor protection. Almost every completion from Walker has been high, and the receiver has had to jump to make the catch.

 

Morris wasn't good last week either, aside from the last drive.

 

I'm convinced Tolzien is significantly better than Walker and Morris. Doesn't mean I'm a Tolzien fan, but it's crazy to me that everyone is banging Tolzien while itching to see two guys that are clearly worse.

How can you say Tolz is better than Morris when you haven't even seen him this game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Freenyfan102 said:

 Because they tell luck to throw it deep and never take the under route

Exactly my point adjusted to quick short passing for the backup but 90% of lucks passing plays are intermediate or deep with 1 underneath option (and yes I exaggerated the percent lol)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Superman said:

 

I think Morris did the same thing last week, so I'm not sure it matters. To hear Venturi tell it, Morris isn't good in practice. 

 

Venturi also said Morris tends to look better in games than in practice, ala 2011 Tim Tebow :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ThaCaliColt said:

What do you guys think about Prescott? I'm wondering if this kid was a once in a generation steal...

 

 

Yeah, looks very promising. But once in a generation? That's Brady, maybe Wilson. He's just not there yet. Remember, Kapernick, RGIII, Foles, how great they looked in their first years. Until something happened and they could not make the next step. (injury, scheme change, asking more from them, etc,).

 

Even Wilson. His QBR's been regressing ever since his 2nd season, as they ask more and more from him. Luck, Carr, Winston on the other hand, rose to the occasion, got better while asked more and more from them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, will426 said:

Exactly my point adjusted to quick short passing for the backup but 90% of lucks passing plays are intermediate or deep with 1 underneath option (and yes I exaggerated the percent lol)

this is why luck get hurt to many times becuase Pagano and Chud are idoits

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Superman said:

 

I saw him last week. He looked like Walker does today, with the exception of the final drive.

So you thought Tolz looked great last week?  I think he did better today than last week...by a LOT.

If you're only going by this week for ST then at least you should wait for Morris to stink it up before you say he offers less.  That would only be fair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MB-ColtsFan said:

So you thought Tolz looked great last week?  I think he did better today than last week...by a LOT.

If you're only going by this week for ST then at least you should wait for Morris to stink it up before you say he offers less.  That would only be fair.

 

Tolzien played 11 snaps last week. Everyone freaked out, but he wasn't actually bad last week either. 

 

Morris attempted as many passes last week as Tolzien has in two games. If Morris actually plays well whenever he comes in (the Cowboys might run the rest of the rest of the clock out...), I'll give him credit. He was better than Tolzien last year in the preseason, but that was against 2s and 3s. I don't think he's anything special, for sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Peterk2011 said:

 

Yeah, looks very promising. But once in a generation? That's Brady, maybe Wilson. He's just not there yet. Remember, Kapernick, RGIII, Foles, how great they looked in their first years. Until something happened and they could not make the next step. (injury, scheme change, asking more from them, etc,).

 

Even Wilson. His QBR's been regressing ever since his 2nd season, as they ask more and more from him. Luck, Carr, Winston on the other hand, rose to the occasion, got better while asked more and more from them.

 

(In bold) That is not true. 2015 was Wilson's best year -- 110.1 passer rating. And that was the year that Marshawn Lynch was out most of the year. That allowed Wilson to show how good a passer he is, as they were no longer force-feeding the ball to Lynch. And unlike Prescott, Wilson has never had a good OL.

 

http://www.nfl.com/player/russellwilson/2532975/careerstats

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

 

Probably, but they clearly thing Tolzien is better than the masses think.

You want a backup that knows the offense and can run it somewhat effectively with few reps during the season....takes care of the ball and isn't a distraction. Tolzien checks all those boxes. He to me is exactly the qb I want coming off the bench for a few series or perhaps a spot start....but for what we might be looking at with multiple games without Luck...he is not the answer. He won't give us confidence that he can hold the fort for multiple weeks til Luck gets back. If we really had ideas Luck might miss games to start the season I would have spent money to sign a better backup...but we probably didn't anticipate that so you don't want to turn over your backup qbs year in and year out...you want them to have a full understanding of the offense and Tolzien has that. I just hope Luck makes it back at full health soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...