Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Cowboys Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Why is everyone so mad at Scott Tolzien? 

Not mad at ST at all.  I just want to see what the other QB's can do running with the 1's.  ST is never going to change, he is what he is.  Let's see what the others can do with the 1's.  If the OL is not giving him a clean pocket ST is bad...and that's being nice.

Yeah, that is my opinion.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Not mad at ST at all.  I just want to see what the other QB's can do running with the 1's.  ST is never going to change, he is what he is.  Let's see what the others can do with the 1's.  If the OL is not giving him a clean pocket ST is bad...and that's being nice.

Yeah, that is my opinion.

Walker just dirted two passes when receivers were actually open. I don't want to see him with the ones. 

Just now, Superman said:

Walker just dirted two passes when receivers were actually open. I don't want to see him with the ones. 

Agree, Walker is at best PS material. They should see what they have in Morris if he's more PS worthy than Walker, IMO

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I think that's a little shortsighted of you (couldn't resist that one, sorry, haha).  You're telling me ST had perfect throws?

Okay, so you don't like Walker.  Let's play Morris.  Give him a chance with the 1's.

5 minutes ago, will426 said:

For those saying game plans are simplified during the preseason..from looking at our past Season didn't the gameplans look as simple as this? lol

Go look at the throws Tolzein made and the plays called against the Steelers last year and come back to me.

3 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

I think some of guys are being to hard on Walker, he played better than Tolzien last week and will still get a couple more possessions. I like this kid a lot!

I'm ok with giving the guy playing time, but he was terrible last week., haha :D. And not showing much this week neither.

The coaches see him in practice, maybe he has something that is not showing yet in games. I see nothing in this kid. thats sure.

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

You can't compare them then

Absolutely I can. Tolzien threw the ball accurately, and I don't understand why everyone is acting like he was bad today.

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I think that's a little shortsighted of you (couldn't resist that one, sorry, haha).  You're telling me ST had perfect throws?

Okay, so you don't like Walker.  Let's play Morris.  Give him a chance with the 1's.

Tolzien threw the ball well today. All short stuff, but he hit his receivers, even against tight coverage and with poor protection. Almost every completion from Walker has been high, and the receiver has had to jump to make the catch.

Morris wasn't good last week either, aside from the last drive.

I'm convinced Tolzien is significantly better than Walker and Morris. Doesn't mean I'm a Tolzien fan, but it's crazy to me that everyone is banging Tolzien while itching to see two guys that are clearly worse.

Just now, Peterk2011 said:

I'm ok with giving the guy playing time, but he was terrible last week., haha :D. And not showing much this week neither.

The coaches see him in practice, maybe he has something that is not showing yet in games. I see nothing in this kid. thats sure.

Maybe he practices like Tarzan but plays like Jane.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

Go look at the throws Tolzein made and the plays called against the Steelers last year and come back to me.

Okay I know that game was a great game called with lack of execution. Just 1 now go to a couple of other horribly called games WITH luck and see how he could make things so simple for Scott but make it extravagant for luck..

Just now, will426 said:

Okay I know that game was a great game called with lack of execution. Just 1 now go to a couple of other horribly called games WITH luck and see how he could make things so simple for Scott but make it extravagant for luck..

Because they tell luck to throw it deep and never take the under route