Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Cowboys Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

Definitely starting to dislike Chud. Play calling is just sad most times, even with AL.

Respectfully disagree. I don't want to see a single play from our regular season playbook. Don't give out a film of yourself if you don't need to. Let's just play vanilla, simple, and see who is executing who's not.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, will426 said:

Honestly it doesn't matter about giving away plays Peyton ran the same plays all the time and people still couldn't defend you can show your hand all you want the defense still HAS to stop it that being said we don't show anything during the season either so this is no excuse haha 

It's not play calling . It's lack of execution.

3 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Give Mack more touches.

Mack is good, even an untrained eye can see it.  Limited touches probably mean coaches like what they see in him. And they're not going to chance an injury by playing him for too much time. Maybe the third preseason game is where he will see a lot of touches.

Just now, chad72 said:

Mack is good, even an untrained eye can see it.  Limited touches probably mean coaches like what they see in him. And they're not going to chance an injury by playing him for too much time. Maybe the third preseason game is where he will see a lot of touches.

Agreed. I just want to see him play more. 

1 minute ago, Peterk2011 said:

Respectfully disagree. I don't want to see a single play from our regular season playbook. Don't give out a film of yourself if you don't need to. Let's just play vanilla, simple, and see who is executing who's not.

What if no one executes? Tolzien isn't leading anyone to a win.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, he's just back from a minor injury. Don't force him. He'll be good by midseason.

3 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Agreed. I just want to see him play more. 

With the running back position being a position of high attrition, you need a younger player later down the road in the season,  especially if he's number two with the ceiling of a number one. If you guys remember, Joseph Addai had his reps increased during the middle of the 2006 season

They are more likely deciding who will make the roster as the fourth or fifth running back. I personally prefer to limit Mack's reps right now.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Mack needs the touches. Can't worry about injuries.

1 minute ago, relkins said:

No last year there was no o line. Not much this year either

In which the playcalling should transfer to quick passes yet they were stuck in an intermediate passing game. His playcalling should mask the deficiency of talent in the oline then Peyton used to as well? 

2 minutes ago, will426 said:

In which the playcalling should transfer to quick passes yet they were stuck in an intermediate passing game. His playcalling should mask the deficiency of talent in the oline then Peyton used to as well? 

If the players are inept, no call will work