Colts @ Cowboys Preseason Game Night Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Superman said:

Pagano didn't stop Ballard from bringing in a better backup QB. Even if he endorsed Tolzien, Ballard could have brought in some legitimate competition for him. He brought in Phillip Walker. 

No, they said they didn't have enough money for good backup. Too expensive.

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Tolzien played 11 snaps last week. Everyone freaked out, but he wasn't actually bad last week either. 

Morris attempted as many passes last week as Tolzien has in two games. If Morris actually plays well whenever he comes in (the Cowboys might run the rest of the rest of the clock out...), I'll give him credit. He was better than Tolzien last year in the preseason, but that was against 2s and 3s. I don't think he's anything special, for sure.

That's my point.  If you're not giving him the first string OL then how can you equally evaluate them?

We're only seeing Morris for a drive if that tonight, so let's just see what he does under pressure (no time).

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Pagano didn't stop Ballard from bringing in a better backup QB. Even if he endorsed Tolzien, Ballard could have brought in some legitimate competition for him. He brought in Phillip Walker. 

True. I really think, given the situation, that more consideration should have been placed on the backup quarterback position...

1 minute ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

That's my point.  If you're not giving him the first string OL then how can you equally evaluate them?

We're only seeing Morris for a drive if that tonight, so let's just see what he does under pressure (no time).

What does that have to do with the QB throwing the ball into the dirt when he's not under pressure? Walker was wildly inaccurate for his entire stint today.

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

Probably, but they clearly thing Tolzien is better than the masses think.

Honestly, what can we base our judgmenet on? Only on real games. And in the only game he played, he rose to the task, he was pretty good. So I'm not sure at all that he's the worst backup in the league.

(Actually, I saw all of Siemian's game in Denver, and I thought Tolzien was better in Indy than him was in Denver. It's probably an overstatement, but well, I think we have many bigger problems than the backup QB.)

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Why is Superman complaining about Morris? He looks the best so far. Yes, he is going against 3rd string guys. Let him play with the first team or 2nd team.

Morris is playing well. Not complaining about him, just don't think he's better than Tolzien, and don't think Tolzien is as bad as people are making him out to be.

And Morris was bad last week, which is what most of my comments were based on. 

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

It is the Morris-Natson show

Natson is fearless and has a non-stop motor.  Kid makes me excited whenever he touches the ball.

Reminds me of Super-Nat that used to play for the Chiefs back in the day.

Morris has to keep his short throws down, though.  He needs more precision on the short ones,