Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

Hard fought series. Nobody expected us to be here and it came down to the wire against LeBron. We just need to find Oladipo a side kick who can create his own shot and get a defender who can guard the bigger forwards in this league.

I don't know where we find it but I trust Pritchard after this season.

It will be interesting to see how the Cavs play in the next round. People think that if we took the Cavs seven games, the Raptors will beat them easily.

I think this Pacers team just had heart and kept fighting. I would not be surprised at all if the Cavs handled the Raptors easily.

• Like 1

We didn't play well You can't get out worked on the glass like we did tonight. They had at least 15 offensive rebounds that's too many It's frustrating to lose the way we did in this series The glass and the free throw line killed us in this series. 

• Like 1

-I am very proud of our team. Bogdanovic and Myles basically gave us nothing on Offense and we still only lost by 4. We took LeBron James 7 games when people in the media were making fun of our team predicting Sweep. We have a Good young team for years to come and had a Good season.

-Hats off to LeBron, you got us again. I honestly think Cavs will beat Toronto as well. We put them through hell and LeBron is Toronto's daddy. This has been one of my favorite Pacers season's ever. I hate to see it end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DraftMaster said:

:ranton:

I was talking to a Cavs fan and I mentioned the game 5 goaltending and all they can say is a missed shot clock violation in GAME 7. Gimme a break...:flaming::thmdown::angry::tvsmash::wall::argh::groan::scorebad:

:rantoff:

They don't care, we did get cheated in Game 5 but they don't care. Game 5 was the dagger. The league and LeBron gave us Game 6 because they knew they screwed up in Game 5. It was up to us to take Game 7 and Myles and Bogey didn't show up. I thought Dipo played Good today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

I really hope one of Turner or Sabonis can be a 20-10 guy next season. I thought Myles would flip the switch this season, but it is a necessity next year.

We need to bring everyone back, our Chemistry is Great. We will win 50 games next year and maybe for once we can avoid LeBron until like Round 3 lmao. LeBron is a 40 point machine!

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We need to bring everyone back, our Chemistry is Great. We will win 50 games next year and maybe for once we can avoid LeBron until like Round 3 lmao. LeBron is a 40 point machine!

I wouldn't mind letting a couple pieces go if we can find a consistent second scoring option where we can keep either that person or Oladipo on the floor at all times. 

I don't know who that player will be, but we can definitely get better next year. 

I want to keep Thad Young if he is not too expensive. I hope he accepts the player option to give us more money. I'd keep Bogie but hope that he comes off the bench for us. Would definitely look for a PG to replace either Cory Joseph or Darren Collison if we find somebody better.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Sorry man. I want you to win but LeBron is awesome. We tried to knock him out, close but no Cigar Brethren.

Haha, it’s all good- I get it.

I think he’ll have to be even better to beat us , though. Unless the other guys on his team figure it out....

Should be interesting. I’m not sure Lebron can play any better, he’s already doing everything for them.

46 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Haha, it’s all good- I get it.

I think he’ll have to be even better to beat us , though. Unless the other guys on his team figure it out....

Should be interesting. I’m not sure Lebron can play any better, he’s already doing everything for them.

Don't worry, right when you think you have them someone like Hill will score 20 lmao or Clarkson will hit 5 3's. They always do something goofy like Thompson playing like Shaq today. Good luck next round. It will come down to a Game 7 and JR Smith will probably hit 6 3's but in the first 6 games will suck eggs lmao. The dumbest thing ever invented is saying LeBron doesn't have any help, Love comes up big in big games too so does Korver.

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't worry, right when you think you have them someone like Hill will score 20 lmao or Clarkson will hit 5 3's. They always do something goofy like Thompson playing like Shaq today. Good luck next round. It will come down to a Game 7 and JR Smith will probably hit 6 3's but in the first 6 games will suck eggs lmao. The dumbest thing ever invented is saying LeBron doesn't have any help, Love comes up big in big games too so does Korver.

Lol , his team isn’t very good. If he makes the finals with this squad, it’s remarkable.

We’ll see what happens though, we need our bench to be huge and for Demar and Lowry to commit to the new offense.

1 minute ago, Trueman said:

Lol , his team isn’t very good. If he makes the finals with this squad, it’s remarkable.

We’ll see what happens though, we need our bench to be huge and for Demar and Lowry to commit to the new offense.

His team is Very Good, Kyle Korver is the best shooter in the NBA IMO, Love is an All-Star he just hasn't been healthy. Love is a SuperStar actually when healthy, he messed his hand up so he has been hampered. Hill is a Great Defensive player and a savvy scorer. Thompson isn't a bum but for some reason Lue hasn't been playing him. He is a Great Offensive Rebounder and strong inside. JR is streaky but is capable of making 5 or 6 3's in any game to burn you. These players have proven what I have said over the last 3 years. All know how to win Championships.

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

His team is Very Good, Kyle Korver is the best shooter in the NBA IMO, Love is an All-Star he just hasn't been healthy. Love is a SuperStar actually when healthy, he messed his hand up so he has been hampered. Hill is a Great Defensive player and a savvy scorer. Thompson isn't a bum but for some reason Lue hasn't been playing him. He is a Great Offensive Rebounder and strong inside. JR is streaky but is capable of making 5 or 6 3's in any game to burn you. These players have proven what I have said over the last 3 years. All know how to win Championships.

Lol. I urge you took look at their team statistics, and to look at their numbers without Lebron on the floor.

That team would be in the draft lottery without him.

48 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Lol. I urge you took look at their team statistics, and to look at their numbers without Lebron on the floor.

That team would be in the draft lottery without him.

Yeah but you can say that about a lot of teams. Without Oladipo the Pacers would stink, take Greek Freak off of Bucks = Lottery bound. Without Davis the Pelicans would stink. All I am saying is don't be surprised when you are up 1-0 in the series and Korver or Love scores 20 in Game 2 and the Cavs get a spit in Toronto. Then if it comes to a Game 7 and you think you have it won because you are at home, JR Smith scores 25 while nailing 6 3's while doing nothing all series. I have seen this crap for years. Of course LeBron is the main man but when he needs sidekicks to step up, they always do unless they play the Warriors.

Overall I am not even upset. Hats off to LeBron, almost nobody in the media picked us to win anyway and some couldn't even name our starting lineup. We just took LeBron 7 games and in all 4 losses didn't lose by more than 4 points. We had a GOOD season. Had we been favored and lost then yeah that would be worth getting upset over. Had the Cubs lost the 2016 WS that would've been devastating for example, they didn't so it's all good. Same for the Colts in 2006 SB season, had the Bears beat us then that would've been demoralizing. Pacers have Good - Great young players with Great Chemistry and a promising future. I have no reason to be down. You guys know many how bets I would've won had I took the Pacers saying it would go 7 but still lose Game 7? I had a friend that wanted to bet 100 dollars that the Cavs would win in 5, I didn't take it but that is how most people around thought it would go.

4 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

:ranton:

I was talking to a Cavs fan and I mentioned the game 5 goaltending and all they can say is a missed shot clock violation in GAME 7. Gimme a break...:flaming::thmdown::angry::tvsmash::wall::argh::groan::scorebad:

:rantoff:

That wasn’t goal tending though unfortunately. The ball was not above the cylinder. NBA is different rule then college. In NBA you can block the shot off the backboard if it isn’t above the cylinder...because it’s still going up. I wanted us to win as much as anyone but we lost that game because of poor coaching. How we didn’t foul with one to give with 2 seconds left is beyond me.

Pacers gave this series away. We were the better team and while we don’t have the best player....clearly Lebron is on an elite level but we had a chance to get a lead when he went to the bench at start of 4th and it went the other way instead. Then down 6 with a couple mins we passed a sure layup for a three. Sucks but we just weren’t ready to win...need that killer instinct. We took a huge amount out of Lebron but even so I don’t think Toronto can beat him. He is in their head...as opposed to the Pacers who have never backed down. Sucks because I think the East was wide open for us this year. Houston and GS would have been almost impossible to beat for us we don’t matchup well imo but still we could have taken the east. Issue is now where do we go. Young played himself into a nice contract and while we have money for a nice free agent this offseason 2019 actually has the players we need to target.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

That wasn’t goal tending though unfortunately. The ball was not above the cylinder. NBA is different rule then college. In NBA you can block the shot off the backboard if it isn’t above the cylinder...because it’s still going up. I wanted us to win as much as anyone but we lost that game because of poor coaching. How we didn’t foul with one to give with 2 seconds left is beyond me.

Yes it was Goaltending. The REFS admitted it was and apologized to the league the next day for not making that call. Look it up, it was on ESPN and Yahoo news. There was a huge article on ESPN where the league said it was even Goaltending and it was talked about all day on Thursday that it was a terrible non-call by everyone. Do you not read or watch TV? If I have to Post the link I will but just go to ESPN.com and see the article. You are wrong, it was Goaltending and the REFS and league admit it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Trueman said:

Raptors fan here.... thanks for the support, guys!

I am not a raptors fan after getting my team knocked out I will have to cheer for raptors now to beat Cavs. I really hope Derozan does not go cold like the way he usually does in playoffs he had a wonderful first round, and with van vleet back in rotation, hopefully they can pull out a winner but i highly doubt they will though. 

Boston & Phi is gonna be a great series and hopefully Phi makes it out really want to see how cavs does again that shooting team. 

West 2nd round is boring no competition, but conf finals is gonna be crazy HOU vs GSW wow...

On 4/21/2018 at 1:12 AM, crazycolt1 said:

The Pacers out scored the Cavs 19 points in the 2nd half. If that's not enough for you to be excited about I don't know what to tell you. Bogy out played LBJ to bring home a win.

Thats not nearly enough for me. With better coaching, you could have swept the cavs. 

Lebron was exhausted all series long and would just rest on the defensive end. The only player to move less distance per minute played on the defensive end than Lebron was James Harden, the poster child for taking it easy on the defensive side. If you ran a modern offense and made Lebron chase his player through a hurdle of screens, this would be an easy win. Instead you guys run an offense that only worked back when McMillan still played for the Sonics.

Oladipo would dribble the air out of the ball at the top of the key. Let Lebron rest and take a contested shot as the shot clock runs out or kick it out if they doubled him. Its simplistic and way too easy to defend.

I know its easy to % on Paul George after his performance, but the guy was exhausted. The Jazz punished him all game long and his legs were giving out. Impossible to shot accurately in that condition. It didnt matter if he was guarding Mitchell or Ingles. They never stopped moving. Boston used the same strategy with Middleton and Giannis. If the opposing team dares to play their best players 40+ minutes and you dont take advantage of that, to me thats a fireable offense.

I dont expect Dwayne Casey to do any better. But, they might win on talent alone. The disparity in coaching between the two sides of the eastern conference brackets is astonishing. Spoelstra, Stevens and Brown on one side, with Brooks, Lue, Casey and McMillan on the other

5 hours ago, HOFClipboardHolder said:

Thats not nearly enough for me. With better coaching, you could have swept the cavs. 

Lebron was exhausted all series long and would just rest on the defensive end. The only player to move less distance per minute played on the defensive end than Lebron was James Harden, the poster child for taking it easy on the defensive side. If you ran a modern offense and made Lebron chase his player through a hurdle of screens, this would be an easy win. Instead you guys run an offense that only worked back when McMillan still played for the Sonics.

Oladipo would dribble the air out of the ball at the top of the key. Let Lebron rest and take a contested shot as the shot clock runs out or kick it out if they doubled him. Its simplistic and way too easy to defend.

I know its easy to % on Paul George after his performance, but the guy was exhausted. The Jazz punished him all game long and his legs were giving out. Impossible to shot accurately in that condition. It didnt matter if he was guarding Mitchell or Ingles. They never stopped moving. Boston used the same strategy with Middleton and Giannis. If the opposing team dares to play their best players 40+ minutes and you dont take advantage of that, to me thats a fireable offense.

I dont expect Dwayne Casey to do any better. But, they might win on talent alone. The disparity in coaching between the two sides of the eastern conference brackets is astonishing. Spoelstra, Stevens and Brown on one side, with Brooks, Lue, Casey and McMillan on the other

Actually if it wasn't for the end of Game 5 (not to sound whiney) where we got cheated we would've won this series 6. We outplayed them for most of the series so not sure what you were watching. Oladipo with the exception of Games 4 and 5 had a solid series. We just took LeBron 7 games in Round 1 which no team has never done and had a chance to still win when there was 2 minutes left as the game wasn't out of reach. The Pacers future is real promising. This series is huge learning experience. If the Pacers bring everyone back and maybe add another decent Wing that can play D or maybe replace Al with a younger Big giving us 3 solid Big's, I think we can definitely win 50 games next season and win a Playoff series. I seriously doubt LeBron would've lost to anyone in the 1st Round, NBA wasn't having any of it.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes it was Goaltending. The REFS admitted it was and apologized to the league the next day for not making that call. Look it up, it was on ESPN and Yahoo news. There was a huge article on ESPN where the league said it was even Goaltending and it was talked about all day on Thursday that it was a terrible non-call by everyone. Do you not read or watch TV? If I have to Post the link I will but just go to ESPN.com and see the article. You are wrong, it was Goaltending and the REFS and league admit it.

In my opinion the ball was not above the rim and thus not goal tending. But that was my fault I got it backwards. The NBA does consider it goal tending to pin or if the ball has hit the backboard with a chance to go in. HS rules are different. Not sure why there are different rules for different levels of the sport on that call. To me it should not be goaltending but I don't make the rules. If the ball is still going up and not above the cylinder or in the cylinder it should be allowed to be blocked. The backboard should have no bearing. Doesn't matter because Lebron hit a horribly defended 3 pt attempt...and the play before Young knocked it out and it wasn't given back to the Cavs. Either way some bad coaching in not fouling after the inbounds by the Pacers and taking more time off the clock and forcing the Cavs to re-inbounds.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

In my opinion the ball was not above the rim and thus not goal tending. But that was my fault I got it backwards. The NBA does consider it goal tending to pin or if the ball has hit the backboard with a chance to go in. HS rules are different. Not sure why there are different rules for different levels of the sport on that call. To me it should not be goaltending but I don't make the rules. If the ball is still going up and not above the cylinder or in the cylinder it should be allowed to be blocked. The backboard should have no bearing. Doesn't matter because Lebron hit a horribly defended 3 pt attempt...and the play before Young knocked it out and it wasn't given back to the Cavs. Either way some bad coaching in not fouling after the inbounds by the Pacers and taking more time off the clock and forcing the Cavs to re-inbounds.

Had we been up 2 we defend differently. We wouldn't of gave the 3 up, McMillian has already said if we were up we play the inbounds and LeBron different. Not only that there would've been much more pressure on whoever took the last shot down 2. When it's tied you have no pressure on you because a miss only means OT. Oh well it's old news now but I still think we got screwed and that was definitely Goaltending is all I wanted to point out.

-My overall grade for the Pacers this season and a lot of this is based the National Media's expectations they had of us is: ESPN/TNT/NBA Network had us winning 32 games as whole on average:

*Regular Season = 48-34, 5th in the East (B). We overachieved but cant give an A unless we get a Top 4 Seed or win 50+ games. Still a Good/Solid Regular Season!

*Playoffs = Lost in Round 1 4-3 to the Cavs, (C). I usually give a D or F if we lose in Round 1 depending how Bad we look, but because 95% of the National Media picked the Cavs to win and they had HCA, I will say C. People can say we had the better team so that grade should be lower but I think the 2 teams were even because they have LeBron. That made things equal. HCA made the difference IMO, had we had HCA in Game 7 who knows how it would've turned out? LeBron has never been takin 7 games either in Round 1. We showed a lot of people we are no joke in this series and it was a close series.

-In closing my Final total Grade is a (B-). Vic will win Most Improved Player of the Year and deservedly so.

So what should the Pacers do in the offseason? Who do you want to draft? Who do you want to sign? I'm of the belief that this team can't actually contend until they have another superstar, at either PG or SF. I don't watch college sports, so I have no idea who we should draft. I doubt they'll be a superstar though, unless there's a trade up(unlikely). I think the biggest way to land a star will be to attract high-tier free agents, maybe landing a star that way, instead of the relying on the draft.

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Game 1:  Boston 56, Philadelphia 45 at the half.....

I feel sad..The East was there to be had for a certain Midwest team

I am not sure how Boston keeps winning. Brown is even out tonight. You would think injuries would catch up with them sooner or later. That is a tribute to Brad Stevens Coaching is to why they are still Good.

22 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Game 1:  Boston 56, Philadelphia 45 at the half.....

I feel sad..The East was there to be had for a certain Midwest team

We cant dwell on what was. In the end we may of just seen the 2 best teams in the East play each other in Round 1. Lets see how Toronto does against the Cavs. We took them 7 close games without HCA.