Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We cant dwell on what was. In the end we may of just seen the 2 best teams in the East play each other in Round 1. Lets see how Toronto does against the Cavs. We took them 7 close games without HCA.

Oh, I can dwell on it, CBE......It wont go away for me...its going to be a hard 'rest of the 'playoffs'

We lost games by what?  3 points, 4 points, 3 points and 4 points...???

We let Cleveland off the hook and I'd guess they will play much better against Toronto than they did against us

On 4/29/2018 at 8:26 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but you can say that about a lot of teams. Without Oladipo the Pacers would stink, take Greek Freak off of Bucks = Lottery bound. Without Davis the Pelicans would stink. All I am saying is don't be surprised when you are up 1-0 in the series and Korver or Love scores 20 in Game 2 and the Cavs get a spit in Toronto. Then if it comes to a Game 7 and you think you have it won because you are at home, JR Smith scores 25 while nailing 6 3's while doing nothing all series. I have seen this crap for years. Of course LeBron is the main man but when he needs sidekicks to step up, they always do unless they play the Warriors.

Haha those aren’t contending teams , though.

Curry goes down? No problem

Kawai misses a season? Spurs make the playoffs

Demar or Kyle get hurt? Raps still make the playoffs

Chris Paul gets hurt? Houston still wins a lot of games

The Cavs were terrible without Lebron on the floor even when they had Kyrie , and now it’s even worse. That is not a good basketball team.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Oh, I can dwell on it, CBE......It wont go away for me...its going to be a hard 'rest of the 'playoffs'

We lost games by what?  3 points, 4 points, 3 points and 4 points...???

We let Cleveland off the hook and I'd guess they will play much better against Toronto than they did against us

Yeah we had them beat and let them off the hook. Cant argue that. Game 5 was the sword through the heart!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Trueman said:

The Cavs were terrible without Lebron on the floor even when they had Kyrie , and now it’s even worse. That is not a good basketball team.

If the Cavs aren't any good than the Raptors should win in at least 6 with HCA right?

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah we had them beat and let them off the hook. Cant argue that. Game 5 was the sword through the heart!

I just wish we'd have won one series.

Now.....I;m not sure what happens to this team. Do we bring back a group that got eliminated in the first round and hope they play better?

Will Thad Young and Cory Joseph stay with us. They have the option to leave...

We had a moment to grab something the franchise hadn't grabbed in four years..

..That moment may not come again in 2019 without changes..and we were very, very close

6 minutes ago, Trueman said:

I don't even think you are understanding my point. Like with any LeBron fan (I know you like him) you are just defending him saying he has crap around him. I have never once said he has a great team around him. I do think his Role players step up big when he needs it though. When Kevin Love is healthy he is an All-Star as well.

I don't even think you are understanding my point. Like with any LeBron fan (I know you like him) you are just defending him saying he has crap around him. I have never once said he has a great team around him. I do think his Role players step up big when he needs it though. When Kevin Love is an All-Star as well.

The team they put out there for Game 7...

George Hill, Korver, LBJ,  Love and Tristan Thompson.....That's not a bad team at all

They didn't have that team for 6 games...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Now.....I;m not sure what happens to this team. Do we bring back a group that got eliminated in the first round and hope they play better?

Will Thad Young and Cory Joseph stay with us. They have the option to leave...

We had a moment to grab something the franchise hadn't grabbed in four years..

..That moment may not come again in 2019 without changes..and we were very, very close

I think everyone will be back IMO and we just lost to LeBron James. That series to me felt more like the 2nd Round than it did the 1st Round. No shame in losing to him.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't even think you are understanding my point. Like with any LeBron fan (I know you like him) you are just defending him saying he has crap around him. I have never once said he has a great team around him. I do think his Role players step up big when he needs it though. When Kevin Love is an All-Star as well.

Haha you excused me of being a Lebron fan last time - I’m not. I’m just objective.

They are terribly coached, dysfunctional, and horrific defensively. Kevin Love isn’t that great , he’s vastly overrated by people who think he’s the same dude as he was in Minnesota (even then he was overrated). 

But it doesn’t matter how good he is or isn’t, he’s pretty much just a spot up shooter now. A glorified Ryan Anderson. Ty Lue isn’t a good coach.

They flipped half their roster mid-season , and you want to tell me something isn’t right there? It’s a brutal franchise.

Just now, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I just can't believe the Celtics... with is in the water in Boston???!?!!?!

Some of it is that the 76ers are wildly overrated...but even I have to give Brad Stevens credit......

The 76ers look like an AAU all-star team and Boston looks like everybody plays their role.

The Sixers have some great talent but the best talent they have is talking.

Has anyone heard any Celtic players bragging about how great they are....at all? All year?

Game 1: Boston leads 87-75 after 3 quarters...

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think everyone will be back IMO and we just lost to LeBron James. That series to me felt more like the 2nd Round than it did the 1st Round. No shame in losing to him.

why do you think everyone will come back?  

Haha you excused me of being a Lebron fan last time - I’m not. I’m just objective.

They are terribly coached, dysfunctional, and horrific defensively. Kevin Love isn’t that great , he’s vastly overrated by people who think he’s the same dude as he was in Minnesota (even then he was overrated). 

But it doesn’t matter how good he is or isn’t, he’s pretty much just a spot up shooter now. A glorified Ryan Anderson. Ty Lue isn’t a good coach.

They flipped half their roster mid-season , and you want to tell me something isn’t right there? It’s a brutal franchise.

We will just have to wait and see how guys like Love, Korver, Hill, and JR play next series. Like I said don't be surprised if they have some good games. Tristian Thompson didn't play at all in the Indy series until Game 7, then he plays in Game 7 and he gets 15 and 10 - Those are Myles Turner numbers!

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Some of it is that the 76ers are wildly overrated...but even I have to give Brad Stevens credit......

The 76ers look like an AAU all-star team and Boston looks like everybody plays their role.

The Sixers have some great talent but the best talent they have is talking.

Has anyone heard any Celtic players bragging about how great they are....at all? All year?

Game 1: Boston leads 87-75 after 3 quarters...

why do you think everyone will come back?  

Why wouldn't they? They love playing together and we have a Good team.

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

they should make some kind of big move.  if we cant get a good free agent then maybe trade turner and a pick for somebody 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will just have to wait and see how guys like Love, Korver, Hill, and JR play next series. Like I said don't be surprised if they have some good games. Tristian Thompson didn't play at all in the Indy series until Game 7, then he plays in Game 7 and he gets 15 and 10 - Those are Myles Turner numbers!

They’ll have moments , of course they will, all they have to do is stand still while Lebron breaks down the defence and kicks it out to them.

they don’t even run an offense. It’s give the ball to Lebron and let him make everyone look better than they are.

Myles Turner is a nice player , I like him. 

• Like 1

We are in good shape salary wise....but we have to make some changes.. we didn't win anything

I'm glad we're not Washington, though

I did not know until today that Jon Wall has a contract that will pay him $37 million in 2 years and 41 million in 3 years.

Did you know that?

He is absolutely untradable...

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why wouldn't they? They love playing together and we have a Good team.

Because they can opt out for more money..and we lost in the first round

They’ll have moments , of course they will, all they have to do is stand still while Lebron breaks down the defence and kicks it out to them.

they don’t even run an offense. It’s give the ball to Lebron and let him make everyone look better than they are.

The best news we can hear over the summer is that Myles Turner is training with Victor Oladipo

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Good luck playing them. I hope the Raptors win, I am tired of LeBron. So I will be cheering you guys on like Drake :thmup:

50 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

So what should the Pacers do in the offseason? Who do you want to draft? Who do you want to sign? I'm of the belief that this team can't actually contend until they have another superstar, at either PG or SF. I don't watch college sports, so I have no idea who we should draft. I doubt they'll be a superstar though, unless there's a trade up(unlikely). I think the biggest way to land a star will be to attract high-tier free agents, maybe landing a star that way, instead of the relying on the draft.

CoJo and Thad have player options. I believe they will both accept their options. Lance has a team option, but I have a hard time seeing Pritchard letting Lance go after how much energy and attention he receives from the fans.

I can see Booker and GR3 sticking around as they both should be cheap and seem to love the organization. Joe Young may or may not stay, I am not really sure.

In terms of free agents I want:

PF Aaron Gordon 

SF Jabari Parker (definitely needs a change of scenery)

PG Marcus Smart

PG Fred Van Fleet 

5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they should make some kind of big move.  if we cant get a good free agent then maybe trade turner and a pick for somebody 

I really like our team the way it is but this month was a 'moment in time' and that moment has passed/

We were 10% healthy...and we were even with the defending conference champs late in the 3rd quarter...

But we won 48 and we're were eliminated in the first round. We've been eliminated in the first round 3 years in arrow, right?    The 76ers look unprepared and lackadaisical tonight but they will get better. So will Boston and Milwaukee.

And because we didn't beat the cavs..LeBron may stay in Cleveland..

Everybody understands we cant come back next year with the exact same team as much as we want to, right?

Just now, MTC said:

CoJo and Thad have player options. I believe they will both accept their options. Lance has a team option, but I have a hard time seeing Pritchard letting Lance go after how much energy and attention he receives from the fans.

I can see Booker and GR3 sticking around as they both should be cheap and seem to love the organization. Joe Young may or may not stay, I am not really sure.

PF Aaron Gordon 

PG Marcus Smart

PG Fred Van Fleet 

Capela is a Free Agent as well. Let Al go and that frees up more money to go after Capela.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good luck playing them. I hope the Raptors win, I am tired of LeBron. So I will be cheering you guys on like Drake :thmup:

Well, if we don’t beat Lebron this year, there’s no execuses. This is by far the weakest team he’s played on since he started going to the finals every year.

I’m not confident, but I’m hopeful. We don’t have a true superstar.

• Like 1

Capela is a Free Agent as well. Let Al go and that frees up more money to go after Capela.

I don't know Houston's cap situation, but I do not see them ever letting him go. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I really like our team the way it is but this month was a 'moment in time' and that moment has passed/

We were 10% healthy...and we were even with the defending conference champs late in the 3rd quarter...

But we won 48 and we're were eliminated in the first round. We've been eliminated in the first round 3 years in arrow, right?    The 76ers look unprepared and lackadaisical tonight but they will get better. So will Boston and Milwaukee.

Everybody understands we cant come back next year with the exact same team as much as we want to, right?

it depends if the front office is content with just making the playoffs or do they want to really contend.  it wont be easy, and we might have to get lucky again to make another leap though 

half the league makes the playoffs too, so while this year was fun its not much of a long term goal to just get in every year 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MTC said:

PF Aaron Gordon 

PG Marcus Smart

PG Fred Van Fleet 

Jabari Parker is very interesting....

.If TJ Leaf gets stronger (Much stronger) he'd give us bench shooting we need.

But we cant comeback with the same team and just hope we get better and everybody else stays the same, can we?

3 minutes ago, MTC said:

PF Aaron Gordon 

PG Marcus Smart

PG Fred Van Fleet 

You’re not getting Fred.

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

It may not be the same exact team but it should be close.

I hope Thad comes back. He does a lot of dirty work on the Offensive glass. Plays his role well.

He was very. very good......last year he played after breaking his hand..

This year he was so solid..almost every night.......But with that said...what if somebody offers him $18 mi a year?

We'll see how much he likes Indy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Julius Randle, maybe....Cap hit $12 mil

Mmm he’s a bit redundant with Turner and Sabonis.

I think Jabari Parker will be a steal for whoever picks him up , but I wouldn’t count on him playing the 3. He’s a 4 for the time being until he can prove his hasn’t lost too much athleticism after those horrific injuries.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MTC said:

PF Aaron Gordon 

PG Marcus Smart

PG Fred Van Fleet 

Agree with the list. I think the Pacers should target SF/PG. I don't think Parker would be good here with his reported chemistry issues. Smart and Gordon would definitely be good fits.