Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah he almost cost them the game tonight, but besides game 7 in our series, the only person that helped him was Korver.

Even though we couldn't win without Oladipo, in numerous games in the last series we had 5 or 6 players score in double digits including Bogie scoring 30 in a game.

LeBron literally scored 45 with Korver contributing 10 and the rest of the team did nothing. LeBron's teammates have stepped up the last two games.

That is really my point, they always step up at crucial times. It's been proven every year. My points are not about, is this the worst supporting cast he has had since being back in Cleveland, sure it is but his supporting cast aren't bums either. The 2007 team he was on was worse. Most of the guys that he is playing with now all can shoot well and have Championship experience.

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

You are right...Mitchell was the 13th pick in the draft..

TJ Leaf....well..I cant argue his case right now but he just turned 21.....

He doesn't have anything like an NBA body....but he sure can shoot..and we need bench shooters badly

...Can we make him train with Oladipo...this summer?

He'll never be Mitchell....though..

I’ll give him time...I just don’t see it...and a huge defensive liability and I don’t ever see that changing...and we hang our hat on defensive toughness. I thought we could do no worse then OG...then we passed on him and Kuzma and that drove me nuts when they both fit exactly what we lacked on this team.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is really my point, they always step up at crucial times. It's been proven every year. My points are not about, is this the worst supporting cast he has had since being back in Cleveland, sure it is but his supporting cast aren't bums either. The 2007 team he was on was worse. Most of the guys that he is playing with now all can shoot well and have Championship experience.

I just hate the narrative that even if a player is not performing, just because they have experience means LeBron has help.

Yes LeBron's teammates are guys that are known to shoot well and they have championship experience, but everybody except JR Smith played AWFUL in the finals last year. Everybody before these last two games has played AWFUL in the playoffs. I don't care if LeBron had Shaq in his prime, if Shaq is scoring 5 points and 2 rebounds, LeBron doesn't have help.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wow watching the Pelicans and Warriors...I’m worn out just laying on my couch! Wish I could stay up and watch it all.

The West and the East are so different....sometimes

..and New Orleans is not backing down..They play Golden State the 'wrong' way..they try to run with them..

..and its close (at the half..)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I just hate the narrative that even if a player is not performing, just because they have experience means LeBron has help.

Yes LeBron's teammates are guys that are known to shoot well and they have championship experience, but everybody except JR Smith played AWFUL in the finals last year. Everybody before these last two games has played AWFUL in the playoffs. I don't care if LeBron had Shaq in his prime, if Shaq is scoring 5 points and 2 rebounds, LeBron doesn't have help.

Huh? Kyrie Irving was Great in the Finals last year, Love also had a couple of big games. They were just overmatched against the Warriors. in 2016 Kyrie Irving could've arguably been Finals MVP. LeBron has been on stack teams for years up until this year. What is his excuse for losing to the Mavs with HCA with Wade and Bosh? I am not even being a hater, it amazes me that some people think LeBron can do no wrong.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The West and the East are so different....sometimes

..and New Orleans is not backing down..They play Golden State the 'wrong' way..they try to run with them..

..and its close (at the half..)

That’s how they play. They actually played that way all year long. Most possessions and played quickest in NBA this year. They have to be aggressive and take it at Curry when he is in and exploit his poor defense. They may not beat Warriors but I think it will affect GS legs come time to play Houston and that might be the difference in that series.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Huh? Kyrie Irving was Great in the Finals last year, Love also had a couple of big games. They wwere just overmatched against the Warriors.

I was talking about the players on the team now. If Kevin Love had some good games, than I'm just not remembering. The only thing I remember is he only had 6 points in game 5. 

And the entire bench for the Cavs was completely awful. The only person still on the team is Korver who gave them nothing that series.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Huh? Kyrie Irving was Great in the Finals last year, Love also had a couple of big games. They wwere just overmatched against the Warriors.

Kyrie loss is killer. Lebron can’t leave the floor or the lead evaporates. Kyrie was the only player that could create for others and himself. He is legit...a nice robin to Lebron Batman.....but Lebron has no one anymore....not even an Alfred lol.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Despite everything the Cavs will still beat Toronto in 6 IMO. That's what I had before the series started. Most of it will be due to LeBron but I also said his Role Players would step up big when they have too. They did tonight because getting Game 1 on the road is huge.

Might beat them in 5. I’ve got no faith in Toronto. But yes role players have to play their roles. They did tonight.

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Despite everything the Cavs will still beat Toronto in 6 IMO. That's what I had before the series started. Most of it will be due to LeBron but I also said his Role Players would step up big when they have too. They did tonight because getting Game 1 on the road is huge.

Haha it was all Lebron. 

39 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I was talking about the players on the team now. If Kevin Love had some good games, than I'm just not remembering. The only thing I remember is he only had 6 points in game 5. 

And the entire bench for the Cavs was completely awful. The only person still on the team is Korver who gave them nothing that series.

Kevin Love has torn ligaments in his left hand.......we all saw it happen...Its odd how that has been forgotten

52 minutes ago, dgambill said:

That’s how they play. They actually played that way all year long. Most possessions and played quickest in NBA this year. They have to be aggressive and take it at Curry when he is in and exploit his poor defense. They may not beat Warriors but I think it will affect GS legs come time to play Houston and that might be the difference in that series.

I know that's how New Orleans plays.....but who beats GSW 4 times playing that way..??

Eventually, to win the series,, they have to slow the game some,,even Houston has to slow the game against GSW........................................slow the game or lose...those are your two options...

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Haha it was all Lebron. 

In the end none of it matters anyway regarding this season because we all know who is going to win it all. That is all people remember each season. It will be Golden St again, if it isn't it will be Houston. That is the only team that has a chance to beat Golden St and I give them only about a 40% chance to pull the upset off. It would be a lower % than that but they have Home Court. We all can have our fun and debate who the GOAT is whether it's Jordan, Magic, Kareem, or LeBron, etc., we all can have fun following our favorite teams like the Pacers/Raptors but it doesn't matter unless you win the Championship. If LeBron doesn't win the Championship, I am sure he would consider his season a failure because he is one of the Greatest. The team that wins it all is the team and players that get all the glory each year. Nobody even cares we took LeBron 7 games and basically got screwed in Game 5, they only talk about who won the Series. Nobody even talks about the Indians having a great season in 2016 because they lost to the Cubs. They lost in 7 games and Game 7 went 10 Innings but nobody cares. They only talk about the Cubs.

Do we really want to see LeBron lose another Finals? I mean it is starting to get redundant. 3-6 if he does. Just making it there isn't good enough, you have to win it all for people to remember you and your team. I am not sure Philly can beat the LeBron's either after the crap they pulled in Game 1 at Boston. Game 2 they need to show me what they are made of.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Huh? Kyrie Irving was Great in the Finals last year, Love also had a couple of big games. They were just overmatched against the Warriors. in 2016 Kyrie Irving could've arguably been Finals MVP. LeBron has been on stack teams for years up until this year. What is his excuse for losing to the Mavs with HCA with Wade and Bosh? I am not even being a hater, it amazes me that some people think LeBron can do no wrong.

You mentioning a 2011 series when we are talking about his help now is being a hater. I don't know why you are so bent out of shape about LeBron. I'm sick of hearing about his finals record. What is he just suppose to lose before the finals just so it doesn't go on his record? The goal is to win the championship every year.

I've never said the Mavs series wasn't his fault. LeBron isn't perfect. This is just what I'm talking about with the LeBron hate. There is a consensus that he is a top 10 player but people still feel the need to continue to discredit him at every turn. 

Besides the Mavs series, every team he has been on where he got eliminated was better than he was. I don't know what you expect him to do. Why can't we just appreciate his greatness without crying because he beat us. He's not MJ to you, he's not Magic, he's not Kareem, whatever he is still one of the greatest to ever do it.

19 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

You mentioning a 2011 series when we are talking about his help now is being a hater. I don't know why you are so bent out of shape about LeBron. I'm sick of hearing about his finals record. What is he just suppose to lose before the finals just so it doesn't go on his record? The goal is to win the championship every year.

I've never said the Mavs series wasn't his fault. LeBron isn't perfect. This is just what I'm talking about with the LeBron hate. There is a consensus that he is a top 10 player but people still feel the need to continue to discredit him at every turn. 

Besides the Mavs series, every team he has been on where he got eliminated was better than he was. I don't know what you expect him to do. Why can't we just appreciate his greatness without crying because he beat us. He's not MJ to you, he's not Magic, he's not Kareem, whatever he is still one of the greatest to ever do it.

Every series he has played in since 2009 in the East he has been favored. So he should make it to the Finals every year, although in 2009 he lost to an Orlando team led by Dwight Howard with HCA. In 2010 lost to Boston with HCA, since then to his credit he has made the Finals every year but he should've because those Heat and Cavs team were stacked from 2011-2017. The Heat were actually favored in 2014 as well when they played the Spurs. Spurs beat them 4-1. So he has had 2 stinkers in reality in the Finals. I get losing to the Warriors, Warriors are loaded but don't you think this is getting old watching him lose in the Finals almost every year? I would just like to see something different. I am not a hater and already stated he has been the best player for a decade and easily Top 10 ever. I just don't kiss his butt like the media does and I point out his losses and flaws. What is wrong with that? To some people the guy cant do no wrong at all.

-If someone thinks he's the GOAT then more power to them.

I will stop being a so-called Hater as I know my Posts about LeBron are getting old to some. I will just kiss his butt from now on like many do and leave the Thread on a positive note tonight. He is a Top 10 player ever easily, maybe Top 5. He is the best player over the last decade. He has his worst supporting cast since 2007. If he loses in the Finals again it wont be his fault because the Warriors have an All-Star team. I think I covered it all and all of this is true, so me and LeBron are now :hug:. See I made up for everything in one Post :thmup:. Goodnight everyone and enjoy your sleep. Cavs in 6!

There is the first domino. Let's see if Thad accepts his player option.

If Thad opts in and we accept Lance's team option, we should be at $15 million after getting rid of Al Jefferson. 

If Thad declines and we don't bring back Lance, we would be around $32 million.

• Like 1

Its really pathetic how weak the Eastern Conference is.  76ers young up and coming but will experience heart break before getting over the hump, The Celtics are playing without 3 of their best player (Brown, Hayward, Irving) but still manage to pull out wins(there coach is amazing and so is there system, the future is bright for them).  The Cavs have LeBron and LeBron owns the Toronto Raptors.  I still can't wrap my head around the fact that they are the #1 seed.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs win that in 5 then face either a super young 76ers team or a Celtics team without a few of their best players.  Pretty easy route for LeBron again imo.  With that being said, the Finals should be Houston vs Golden State because whoever wins that will destroy the Eastern Conference team.  Especially if it's the Warriors.  I can't understand how the Raptors go 1-16 down the stretch, LeBron goes 3-15 down the stretch and Fred Val Fleet takes the last shot twice!  Nothing against him, he's a great young player but DeRozan or Lowry has to take the last shot, covered or not.  With all that being said, watch out for the Celtics next year, if healthy.  They are going to be scary good.  I still think the 76ers will win that series and host the Cavs in the ECF.  I think that'll go 6 possibly 7 with the Cavs winning, but I can only hope not lol. 

word is paul george is leaving the thunder, id say we have a low but non zero chance to sign him back.  hopefully he doesnt land in cleveland and keep lebron in the east. 

both of them landing in la wouldnt be the worst thing for us

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I know that's how New Orleans plays.....but who beats GSW 4 times playing that way..??

Eventually, to win the series,, they have to slow the game some,,even Houston has to slow the game against GSW........................................slow the game or lose...those are your two options...

Possibly. New Orleans was up 17 or more in 3 of 4 games against GS. The issue last night was they were trying to guard KD with Holiday.....I mean that's like a half a foot difference. They need to attack Steph off the dribble and open up shots for everyone....and pound Davis in the post. They don't need to stop running...just be a little more selective when to run. With how Steph played last night...GS will be hard for NO to beat. That said I still think they wear down GS legs...after Game 1 Thompson was exhausted and he admitted it.

2 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

If Thad opts in and we accept Lance's team option, we should be at $15 million after getting rid of Al Jefferson. 

As long as we keep flexibility for 2019 off season (we could possibly have like almost 2 max contract slots) I'm good with it. I don't mind using the salary I just don't want to lock it up long term.

45 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

word is paul george is leaving the thunder, id say we have a low but non zero chance to sign him back.  hopefully he doesnt land in cleveland and keep lebron in the east. 

both of them landing in la wouldnt be the worst thing for us

I would say that ship has long sailed...only the slightest chance Paul come back. I think LA is a pretty safe bet. They want him and he wants them. However, Lebron may be a different story. That would give them a glut at the 3 spot. Not sure Lebron wants to guard the 4 especially in the West who have a lot of talented bigs but there would be a log jam in LA if goes there. Obviously Ingram would have to be moved it would seem because they have Kuzma too. Not sure Ball would fit into that offense either not being a shooter and being a ball dominant pg. Maybe Lebron goes to Houston....or he convinces Chris to come back to the Clippers with him? Not sure where he ends up but I guess having too many good forwards isn't such a bad problem to have.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I would say that ship has long sailed...only the slightest chance Paul come back. I think LA is a pretty safe bet. They want him and he wants them. However, Lebron may be a different story. That would give them a glut at the 3 spot. Not sure Lebron wants to guard the 4 especially in the West who have a lot of talented bigs but there would be a log jam in LA if goes there. Obviously Ingram would have to be moved it would seem because they have Kuzma too. Not sure Ball would fit into that offense either not being a shooter and being a ball dominant pg. Maybe Lebron goes to Houston....or he convinces Chris to come back to the Clippers with him? Not sure where he ends up but I guess having too many good forwards isn't such a bad problem to have.

i think la would go to some pretty great lengths to land them both.  they would move almost anyone to make room for james

maybe they could play lonzo at 1, paul at 2 and lebron at 3.  

12 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i think la would go to some pretty great lengths to land them both.  they would move almost anyone to make room for james

maybe they could play lonzo at 1, paul at 2 and lebron at 3.  

So sit Kuzma and Ingram? Two of your best shooters on the team....when your point guard isn't a great shooter? Don't get me wrong you figure it out... possibly play Paul at the 2 and Kuzma at the 3 with Lebron guarding 4's. Lopez is a nice stretch 5...trade Ingram for more depth and shooting. With Ball and Lebron you want to surround them with shooters for sure. I agree though...you make the moves and worry about it later. Super stars are hard to come by. Lebron to Houston makes more sense then to LA....if it was just pure basketball decision.

6 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

This is good news. I see no way we get of rid of Lance, he is too important off the bench. Thad is the one I am worried about.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is good news. I see no way we get of rid of Lance, he is too important off the bench. Thad is the one I am worried about.

Thad’s versatility in the Cavs series highlights his worth. I just don’t know if there is enough money in the market to get a bigger contract that he probably deserves. I think he re-ups. I know his wife wants to settle down but the NBA players even on long contracts usually get traded once or twice. Just the way it is. If Thad comes back and Lance with Joseph we could use another shooter or perhaps we make a trade...but I just don’t want to waste our cap space for next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about them Jazz!

I'm not surprised the Rockets and CP3 have a history of coming up short in the playoffs. I'm not sure it matters Steph looked good in his return. If he's good to go the Warriors are winning it IMO.

7 hours ago, akcolt said:

I'm not surprised the Rockets and CP3 have a history of coming up short in the playoffs. I'm not sure it matters Steph looked good in his return. If he's good to go the Warriors are winning it IMO.

Warriors will win it again I agree. I have no problem with it :thmup:. Not a Houston fan (Harden is Mr Flop) or a LeBron fan. Realistically that is the only 3 teams that can win it all. I like Durant and Curry, I am not a Warriors fan but those 2 guys are likeable. Neither flop and both are Great shooters. They don't to have to rely on the REFS to win, they just kick everyone's butt lmao 

43 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Really wish the jazz would win it all lol

Me too, out of the teams left, that is the only team I like. I just get a kick out of the Warriors blocking LeBron from winning it every year. LeBron formed a Super Team In Miami by joining Wade and Bosh in 2010. At that time Wade was the 3rd best player in the league (only behind Kobe and LeBron), Bosh was Top 10, LeBron was taking the torch from Kobe as the very best. Then they even added Allen a couple years later = 4 Hall of Famers on 1 team at once. Yes Bosh will make the Hall of Fame and the other 3 will be 1st ballot. People seem to have no problem with what LeBron did, so I don't with what Durant did. What comes around goes around LOL.

Added: Bosh may even be a 1st ballot Hall of Famer as well. I just looked at his numbers. He is an 11-Time AllStar, averaged 19 Points/9 Rebounds, shot 49%, and 80% from the line for his career. 2 Championships and a Gold Medal too.

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Exactly..Cory is just 26...and for $7 mil.....its a good deal for both sides.  he has many more years to cash in

Thad can make $13 mil from us.....by resigning but he could make $18-$20 from another contender.

If he opts out...maybe he's still resign with us..I'd give him 3 years at $15 mil