Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

  What bothers me abut the Cavs is that the young guys they have don't seem ready for the playoffs...Nance, Clarkson and Hood  just haven't done much..

Boston's Brown plays on one leg and is a factor....and Tatum is the best player on the floor.... He's gotten better in the playoffs..

......Marcus Smart has some "Lance' in him to go against LBJ

Boston has some pretty good young talent but now Kevin Love is healthy and getting his 20 and 10. Korver and JR will do their usual when needed from 3. LeBron will have his help IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Paul George failed at giving an honest 100% effort every night on both ends of floor and being a leader . He has the me me me syndrome, nothing against you my friend I like you . that is and has b

Mark is on an island here. I wouldn't waste too much energy on changing his mind. This team is going to the promise land.. woot.

Love how all the mainstream sports media outlets are talking about what went wrong with the Cavs and LeBron instead of praising the Pacers. 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Boston has some pretty good young talent but now Kevin Love is healthy and getting his 20 and 10. Korver and JR will do their usual when needed from 3. LeBron will have his help IMO.

The last two games for Love have been 2 of his best...he only seeme to get mentioned when they lose...

..something like 22 and 17 last night and all the talk was about LBJ

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

The Bulls and Lakers didn't stack all-stars around Michael and Magic....They made trades

The Bulls didnt attract any great players to play with Michael....

When they got Rodman,...not a lot of teams wanted him....They got Scottie Pippen in the draft.

The Bulls didn't have a lot of great talent around Michael.....that's the truth.

You're right about Boston...that goes back to the territorial rights days

 

But the cap does limit teams.......it limits the Pacers

It limits the Wizards..John Wall has a contact that will pay him $41 mil a year in 2 years and they will be deep in yhe toilet.

Owners wont pay the cap on a losing team....That's kinda how we got Thad Young

 

The Lakers had Jabbar, Worthy, Wilkes and Nixon during Magic's playing days. I would say that is pretty stacked.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will tell you guys what would be fair to everyone is probably this - Ranking players by decades.

60's = #1 Wilt, #2 Russell, #3 Robertson

70's = #1 Kareem, #2 Doctor J - NBA, #1 ABA wise

80's = #1 Magic, #2 Bird

90's = #1 Jordan, #2 Olajuwon, #3 KMalone

2000-2009's = #1 Kobe, #2 Shaq, #3 Duncan

2010-2018 = #1 LeBron

 

-Maybe this is something we can all agree on. :thmup:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will tell you guys what would be fair to everyone is probably this - Ranking players by decades.

60's = #1 Wilt, #2 Russell, #3 Robertson

70's = #1 Kareem, #2 Doctor J - NBA, #1 ABA wise

80's = #1 Magic, #2 Bird

90's = #1 Jordan, #2 Olajuwon, #3 KMalone

2000-2009's = #1 Kobe, #2 Shaq, #3 Duncan

2010-2018 = #1 LeBron

 

-Maybe this is something we can all agree on. :thmup:

Tough not to agree.  I know you've mentioned it before, but Jordan is and still is the GOAT.  The east is a cake walk.  That's why LeBron gets destroyed in the Finals.  Warriors win it this year in 5, maybe even 4.  I think the Cavs beat the Celtics in 5. Rocket lose to Warriors in 5, maybe 6. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Tough not to agree.  I know you've mentioned it before, but Jordan is and still is the GOAT.  The east is a cake walk.  That's why LeBron gets destroyed in the Finals.  Warriors win it this year in 5, maybe even 4.  I think the Cavs beat the Celtics in 5. Rocket lose to Warriors in 5, maybe 6. 

I feel for Lebron,he wills his team in the East but he just had no shot in the Finals. They WILL get swept this year. Had to shoot a record from 3 to steal one game last year. 2016 would've been over in 5 if Draymond doesn't get silly suspended. I would really say they competed the best in 2015 with Delly checking Curry.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I feel for Lebron,he wills his team in the East but he just had no shot in the Finals. They WILL get swept this year. Had to shoot a record from 3 to steal one game last year. 2016 would've been over in 5 if Draymond doesn't get silly suspended. I would really say they competed the best in 2015 with Delly checking Curry.

Problem is, the East has been weak for the past 8, 9 years.  So he wins that fairly easily then gets beat in the Finals.  Honestly, if Kyrie doesn't hit that shot in 2016 and average 28 PPG in the Finals that year, he loses that one.  Same with Ray Allen in 2013, bailed him out with a huge 3 in game 6 of the Finals.  He could be 1-7 instead of 3-5.  I don't understand how LeBron fans can't think the East is weak?  He's pretty lucky this year though, if Kyrie was healthy(and Hayward), I think the Celtics handle the Cavs.  The Celtics will be scary good next year if they both come back healthy.  Brad Stevens is a heck of a coach, but I have a bad feeling Rozier, Tatum and Brown will not be as effective against Cle.  We'll see though, I am rooting for them lol.  The Warriors may sweep the finals regardless. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Tough not to agree.  I know you've mentioned it before, but Jordan is and still is the GOAT.  The east is a cake walk.  That's why LeBron gets destroyed in the Finals.  Warriors win it this year in 5, maybe even 4.  I think the Cavs beat the Celtics in 5. Rocket lose to Warriors in 5, maybe 6. 

I think your selling the Rockets short. That series will go 7 and if I had to pick now...I’d pick Houston.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will tell you guys what would be fair to everyone is probably this - Ranking players by decades.

60's = #1 Wilt, #2 Russell, #3 Robertson

70's = #1 Kareem, #2 Doctor J - NBA, #1 ABA wise

80's = #1 Magic, #2 Bird

90's = #1 Jordan, #2 Olajuwon, #3 KMalone

2000-2009's = #1 Kobe, #2 Shaq, #3 Duncan

2010-2018 = #1 LeBron

 

-Maybe this is something we can all agree on. :thmup:

Kobe is too high. Duncan was better. Move Shaq up because the whole game revolves around him. Kobe does not have great efficiency numbers. Took tons of shots and had to have the ball to impact the game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Lakers had Jabbar, Worthy, Wilkes and Nixon during Magic's playing days. I would say that is pretty stacked.

Yep...and the Bulls had some good rosters too. Ron Harper was a great defender and great compliment to Scottie and MJ. Toni Kukoc was a really polished player as well. Dennis Rodman was incredible what he gave those teams. Before Horace Grant left he was a dead eye 15 footer and could finish around the rim. Those teams were very well put together...complimented MJ so very well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen enough of the Raptors.. poor Canadians I know what it feels like to "choke in the playoffs" and "can't get the monkey of your back" better luck next year. And you'll have the last laugh. The Cavs will get swept in the finals lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I think your selling the Rockets short. That series will go 7 and if I had to pick now...I’d pick Houston.

Kobe is too high. Duncan was better. Move Shaq up because the whole game revolves around him. Kobe does not have great efficiency numbers. Took tons of shots and had to have the ball to impact the game.

Fair enough but we can agree those were the 3 best players of that decade anyway.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Lakers had Jabbar, Worthy, Wilkes and Nixon during Magic's playing days. I would say that is pretty stacked.

Jamaal Wilks and Norm Nixon..?  Stacked?

They had them but they didnt get them because they had money..they drafted them.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yep...and the Bulls had some good rosters too. Ron Harper was a great defender and great compliment to Scottie and MJ. Toni Kukoc was a really polished player as well. Dennis Rodman was incredible what he gave those teams. Before Horace Grant left he was a dead eye 15 footer and could finish around the rim. Those teams were very well put together...complimented MJ so very well.

Those guys were role players for the Bulls....they werent stars at all

Rodman was not incredible for the Bulls on the court (off the court, yes) he just got rebounds

 

It was Michael, Scotties and role players

The opinion said earlier was that the Lakers and Bulls 'stacked stars' around Michael and Magic.

I loved those teams but they weren't stacked with stars bought by management. That just isn't what it was

Bulls had good rosters...yes but

Kukoc, Grant, Harper and Rodman were not stars when they played for the Bulls..

they were role players

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah it was over after Game 1. When they lost that the Fat Lady was tuning up!

I feel good for George Hill but we'd have taken Toronto 6 or 7 and we'd have won if their confidence cracked.

I don't know what Toronto does if they get swept..

They have salaries on that team that you cant trade...

 

DeRozen makes $27 mil next year and Lowry makes $31 mil.....

Really.

Edited by oldunclemark
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will tell you guys what would be fair to everyone is probably this - Ranking players by decades.

60's = #1 Wilt, #2 Russell, #3 Robertson

70's = #1 Kareem, #2 Doctor J - NBA, #1 ABA wise

80's = #1 Magic, #2 Bird

90's = #1 Jordan, #2 Olajuwon, #3 KMalone

2000-2009's = #1 Kobe, #2 Shaq, #3 Duncan

2010-2018 = #1 LeBron

 

-Maybe this is something we can all agree on. :thmup:

I would probably have to say Curry would be #2 for this decade over Durant. Curry has changed the way the game is being played. The Warriors started shooting an insane amount of 3's and teams have followed that blueprint. He has 2 League MVP's and 2 Championships as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I feel good for George Hill but we'd have taken Toronto 6 or 7 and we'd have won if their confidence cracked.

I don't know what Toronto does if they get swept..

They have salaries on that team that you cant trade...

Look at how well JR and Korver have played in that series. Tonight both are 3-3 from 3. We shut all of their Role players down for the most part. That is why people were saying LeBron had nothing around him. I credit our Defensive scheme more than anything.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Look at how well JR and Korver have played in that series. Tonight both are 3-3 from 3. We shut all of their Role players down for the most part. That is why people were saying LeBron had nothing around him. I credit our Defensive scheme more than anything.

I agree  100%....There were some talking heads asking why we were letting LBJ go 1-on-1...

..and now they know why...George Hill looks like George Gervin

I'm betting Boston does more of what we did than whatever it is Toronto tried...

111-80...still 7:00 to play...so embarassing

 

...I'm thinking that with every win...it becomes more likely that LeBron stays in Cleveland

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We put the blueprint out there for Toronto on how to beat the Cavs. Cover their Role Players and just LeBron get his. With all the athlete's they have and depth they don't even use that scheme and get blown off the floor. The Fat Lady now has her broom out sipping on whiskey :cheers:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just looked it up....................Serge Ibaka makes $21 mil next year and $23 mil in 2020

.....add that $21 mil to the $27 mil for DeRozen and the $31 mil for Lowry

 

..and this broke back squad losing by 30 is going to be the Raptors next year, too

 

TNT is showing the commencement speech made by their sideline reporter

..because they don't want to show the game anymore

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I just looked it up....................Serge Ibaka makes $21 mil next year and $23 mil in 2020

.....add that $21 mil to the $27 mil for DeRozen and the $31 mil for Lowry

 

..and this broke back squad losing by 30 is going to be the Raptors next year, too

TNT is showing the commencement speech made by their sideline reporter

..because they don't want to show the game

They are like Washington, bad contracts and bad Chemistry. I love our situation.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

hopefully the celtics push the cavs somewhat or lebron will stay right where he is at, and cleveland will make some moves so they match up better with us

 

i wonder if paul george would go there instead of la, where he wont win crap in the crowded west 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

hopefully the celtics push the cavs somewhat or lebron will stay right where he is at, and cleveland will make some moves so they match up better with us

 

i wonder if paul george would go there instead of la, where he wont win crap in the crowded west 

That's not crazy....LBJ likes him and he obviously knows George Hill well

They'd have to let a couple of guys so...Rodney Hood...would be one....his contract expires.

But that's not impossible at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 128-93....

You cannot be the No.1 seed and get beat like that... You cannot let it happen...

They got swept up and beat like a dusty rug..

...and they just lost their coach his job..

Edited by oldunclemark
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

 128-93....

You cannot be the No.1 seed and get beat like that... You cannot let it happen...

They got swept up and beat like a dusty rug..

...and they just lost their coach his job..

Most embarrassing #1 Seed I may have ever seen, when I say ever that is pretty harsh. There have been a few 1's lose to 8's in Round 1 but Toronto looked like a College team vs the Cavs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Those guys were role players for the Bulls....they werent stars at all

Rodman was not incredible for the Bulls on the court (off the court, yes) he just got rebounds

 

It was Michael, Scotties and role players

The opinion said earlier was that the Lakers and Bulls 'stacked stars' around Michael and Magic.

I loved those teams but they weren't stacked with stars bought by management. That just isn't what it was

Bulls had good rosters...yes but

Kukoc, Grant, Harper and Rodman were not stars when they played for the Bulls..

they were role players

 

I have to disagree with your comment about Rodmen. Not only did he rebound he brought the hustle and attitude to the Bulls mentally. He did all the dirty work and was one of the best at doing it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What was amazing about the Celtics back in 1986 is Bird was surrounded by 4 other HOFamers. That team had 5 Hall of Famers on it in 1986 and 1987 in Bird, McHale, DJ, Parish, and Walton. Lakers only had 3 Hall of Famers in 1987 when they beat the Celtics in Magic, Kareem, and Worthy. Kareem was even 40 years old at the time. Magic beat a team with 5 HOFamers on it in the Finals. The Warriors have 2 Hall of Famers on their team for sure in Curry and Durant, not sure about Thompson and Green. If LeBron would've had to go through that Boston team he wouldn't of been able to do it IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my all-time Dream Team

PG Magic Johnson 6'9

SG Muggsy Bogues 5'3 - play him here, need Magic at my PointG

SF Manute Bol 7'7 - I would play him here, he could shoot 3's!

PF Alan Ogg 7'2 - Have him here as Bradley would be my Center.

C Shawn Bradley - 7'6 lmao 

-Magic was so great he could probably win a Championship with this sorry bunch. :lol::funny:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here's my all-time Dream Team

PG Magic Johnson 6'9

SG Muggsy Bogues 5'3 - play him here, need Magic at my PointG

SF Manute Bol 7'7 - I would play him here, he could shoot 3's!

PF Alan Ogg 7'2 - Have him here as Bradley would be my Center.

C Shawn Bradley - 7'6 lmao 

-Magic was so great he could probably win a Championship with this sorry bunch. :lol::funny:

LOL wow:billiejean:

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a fun fact, look at these Stats vs Toronto:

Kevin Love 20.5 Points/11.5 Rebunds

Kyle Korver 14.5 Points and shot 58%

JR Smith 12.5 Points and shot 63%

-Yeah these guys suck :funny:. LeBron better find new teammates as these guys give him no help at all. :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Here's a fun fact, look at these Stats vs Toronto:

Kevin Love 20.5 Points/11.5 Rebunds

Kyle Korver 14.5 Points and shot 58%

JR Smith 12.5 Points and shot 63%

-Yeah these guys suck :funny:. LeBron better find new teammates as these guys give him no help at all. :lol:

Somebody is not playing good defense.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Somebody is not playing good defense.

What? 

 

What is defense?

 

What are we talking about... the Cavs just came off a tough 7 game series against the Pacers. Olidipo put his all into that series.. what are we talking about not playing defense????

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...