Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

as much as I dont like the 76ers....they NEED the whipping they're taking tonight...

All they ever hear is how 'The Process' is going to win a half dozen championships..

....... and how they have 2 of the best 10 players in the NBA..

....and how they've had the best record in the NBA since Ground Hog's Day....

Tonight they are finding out how much that means,

..a team of 8 Boston backups and old timers are wiping up the floor with them.

They could benefit from being embarased on National TV.......maybe the ego has landed and they'll come to play in Game 2.....l

Edited by oldunclemark

15 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I really like our team the way it is but this month was a 'moment in time' and that moment has passed/

We were 10% healthy...and we were even with the defending conference champs late in the 3rd quarter...

But we won 48 and we're were eliminated in the first round. We've been eliminated in the first round 3 years in arrow, right?    The 76ers look unprepared and lackadaisical tonight but they will get better. So will Boston and Milwaukee.

And because we didn't beat the cavs..LeBron may stay in Cleveland..

Everybody understands we cant come back next year with the exact same team as much as we want to, right?

Yep, I agree. This team can't stay the same, at least not for the future. I think this offseason will be solidifying the foundation. Add good bench guys and solid starters, then in 2019 go for the big free agents. Of course, I could be completely wrong and the Pacers trade up for a lottery pick. I'd expect the Pacers to target a PG/SF this offseason, whether through the draft or free agency, and decide what to do with Turner and Sabonis.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

as much as I dont like the 76ers....they NEED the whipping they're taking tonight...

All they ever hear is how 'The Process' is going to win a half dozen championships..

....... and how they have 2 of the best 10 players in the NBA..

....and how they've had the bets record in the NBA since Ground Hog's Day....

Tonight they are finding out how much that means,

..a team of 8 Boston backups and old timers are wiping up the floor with them.

They could benefit from being embarased on National TV.......maybe the ego has landed and they'll come to play in Game 2.....l

They better win Game 2. Falling down 2-0 is panic time.

19 minutes ago, MTC said:

CoJo and Thad have player options. I believe they will both accept their options. Lance has a team option, but I have a hard time seeing Pritchard letting Lance go after how much energy and attention he receives from the fans.

I can see Booker and GR3 sticking around as they both should be cheap and seem to love the organization. Joe Young may or may not stay, I am not really sure.

In terms of free agents I want:

PF Aaron Gordon 

SF Jabari Parker (definitely needs a change of scenery)

PG Marcus Smart

PG Fred Van Fleet 

If all of those guys accept their options, we will not have the money to sign any of the free agents you listed.  That is the dilemma. We only have $5 million in cap space next season and cannot go over the cap to sign any free agents that we do not have bird rights on.

We can get up to $40 million if everybody declines their options (I don't expect everyone to decline). I wonder what will happen.

• Thanks 1

I don't know why everybody is underestimating this Boston team like there are a bunch of scrubs and bench players in the game and they're still winning.

They are missing Kyrie and Gordon Hayward, but I think Terry Rozier and Jayson Tatum have proven that they are not bench players at all.

5 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Yep, I agree. This team can't stay the same, at least not for the future. I think this offseason will be solidifying the foundation. Add good bench guys and solid starters, then in 2019 go for the big free agents. Of course, I could be completely wrong and the Pacers trade up for a lottery pick. I'd expect the Pacers to target a PG/SF this offseason, whether through the draft or free agency, and decide what to do with Turner and Sabonis.

That last one is big./

We MUST find ways offensively and defensively that Sabonis and Turner can play together,

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't know why everybody is underestimating this Boston team like there are a bunch of scrubs and bench players in the game and they're still winning.

They are missing Kyrie and Gordon Hayward, but I think Terry Rozier and Jayson Tatum have proven that they are not bench players at all.

Brown didn't play tonight either and he's been their best player.

• Thanks 1

Its going to be painful but we may have to move Bogdonavic

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Rozier and Jayson Tatum are not backups. I don't care how many people are out. They are not sending out scrubs to play for their injured starters.

But you do know why people say they cant do it..

They're down 3 starters  Rozier is a backup....a career backup..and they're down 3 starters

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Its going to be painful but we may have to move Bogdonavic

But you do know why people say they cant do it..

They're down 3 starters  Rozier is a backup....a career backup..and they're down 3 starters

I don't care what other people are saying. They are *s if they thought Boston was going home early. People get better as their as they age in the NBA. Oladipo was a bench player for the Magic before he got traded to the Magic.

It's obvious Terry Rozier is a starter. Jaysom Tatum is a starter. That is why the Celtics will run this league if they keep that team together. When Kyrie Irving and Gordon Heyward comes back, they will have 3 starters coming off the bench.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brown didn't play tonight either and he's been their best player.

Just proves even more how good Rozier and Tatum are. They would be coming off the bench if Kyrie and Gordon Hayward were healthy. They would have ran through this eastern conference.

The team is still good enough to beat the Sixers this round. This series is going to go 7 games.

I don't care what other people are saying. They are *s if they thought Boston was going home early. People get better as their as they age in the NBA. Oladipo was a bench player for the Magic before he got traded to the Magic.

...Terry Rozier came off the bench until Kyrie Irving was hurt..He isn't a starter...He just isn't.

Just proves even more how good Rozier and Tatum are. They would be coming off the bench if Kyrie and Gordon Hayward were healthy. They would have ran through this eastern conference.

The team is still good enough to beat the Sixers this round. This series is going to go 7 games.

I don't think you would get 1 argument from anyone that Boston would win the East if they had Kyrie and Hayward + Brown healthy. The point is they are winning without those 3 guys so I don't see why it's tough to understand why people think Philly should win this series.

Yeah, Celtics without Gordon and Irving are doing really well in the playoffs. With the 76ers future looking bright and the Celtics only going to get better, Pacers can't stand pat this year. Oladipo is 26, so they need to build around him now. In 3 years, it may be too late. 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

...Terry Rozier came off the bench until Kyrie Irving was hurt..He isn't a starter...He just isn't.

You don't watch the NBA then. I'm not gonna argue with you if you think he's actually gonna start over Kyrie. I'd take him over Darren Collison and Cory Joseph any day of the week and twice in the playoffs.

They refused to include him in a trade to get Kyrie. That should prove how valuable they think he is and he is showing that now.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think you would get 1 argument from anyone that Boston would win the East if they had Kyrie and Hayward + Brown healthy. The point is they are winning without those 3 guys so I don't see why it's tough to understand why people think Philly should win this series.

I think people are kind of overrating Philly. They could win, but it won't be an easy win, like against the Heat. 

Just now, IndyScribe said:

Yeah, Celtics without Gordon and Irving are doing really well in the playoffs. With the 76ers future looking bright and the Celtics only going to get better, Pacers can't stand pat this year. Oladipo is 26, so they need to build around him now. In 3 years, it may be too late. 

exactly right....   Milwaukee will get better ..Detroit may get better..

..and..again...because we let them get away....the Cavs may still have LeBron next year

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Philly will probably win this series and what Boston is doing is impressive. I don't have an issue with people saying Philly will win the series, but everyone acting surprised that Boston won a game 1 at home when they have Rozier-Tatum-Smart-Horford-Morris is just weird to me.

3 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

You don't watch the NBA then. I'm not gonna argue with you if you think he's actually gonna start over Kyrie. I'd take him over Darren Collison and Cory Joseph any day of the week and twice in the playoffs.

They refused to include him in a trade to get Kyrie. That should prove how valuable they think he is and he is showing that now.

You just told us he wasnt a starter....Blue....

cant argue both sides...Read what you said

7 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Just proves even more how good Rozier and Tatum are. They would be coming off the bench if Kyrie and Gordon Hayward were healthy.

See. That's what you said...

No matter how good you think they are...they are subs.....you said it yourself

..and..again...because we let them get away....the Cavs may still have LeBron next year

You don’t have to worry about Detroit , they’re a disaster. They have no cap room , and are loaded with terrible contracts.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's what I mean when I say that Rozier is a backup...

The real question is: How good is Philadelphia?

You can't just say someone is a backup just because they are on a team with a superstar that plays the same position. If Terry Rozier was on this Pacers team, he is starting over Darren Collison and Cory Joseph without any questions.

And I think Philadelphia is a really good team, but they are young and their only depth is Bellinelli and Ilyasova. I think Boston could go seven games with any team in the East even without Kyrie or Hayward.

Just now, Trueman said:

You don’t have to worry about Detroit , they’re a disaster. They have no cap room , and are loaded with terrible contracts.

Hold on...they only had Blake for 1/3 of a season...

They'll be in he playoffs next year

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Eh, not sure about those two teams. I don't know about Detroit. They got hot this year, but I don't see a team that can contend. As for Milwaukee, they have talent, but they can't put it together. If they can't do anything after next year, Giannis will bail on them. The future of the East are the Celtics and the 76ers. Both teams are young, unlike the Warriors, so it won't be a short run.

Just now, Bluefire4 said:

You can't just say someone is a backup just because they are on a team with a superstar that plays the same position. If Terry Rozier was on this Pacers team, he is starting over Darren Collison and Cory Joseph without any questions.

And I think Philadelphia is a really good team, but they are young and their only depth is Bellinelli and Ilyasova. I think Boston could go seven games with any team in the East even without Kyrie or Hayward.

You're saying Rozier SHOULD BE a starter.......I hear you.

But he wasn't. You said Rozier was a backup and would be if Irving was healthy.  You really did.

You have to appreciate you are debating both sides of something YOU said...

...and then you said that anybody who doesn't agree with both sides of your argeument doesn't watch the NBA!!!!

Okay then

Just now, IndyScribe said:

Eh, not sure about those two teams. I don't know about Detroit. They got hot this year, but I don't see a team that can contend. As for Milwaukee, they have talent, but they can't put it together. If they can't do anything after next year, Giannis will bail on them. The future of the East are the Celtics and the 76ers. Both teams are young, unlike the Warriors, so it won't be a short run.

I don't project too far into the future....Like you suggest, some players don't stay in the town where they started out.

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's what I mean when I say that Rozier is a backup...

The real question is: How good is Philadelphia?

Good. Remember, they still have Fultz coming off the bench. If he can find his shot, that's another player that'll contribute a lot. They also have an offseason to add to their bench. They kind of remind me of the Jaguars in a way. A team that's been drafting well at the top for the past few years and now all the fans come out saying they're the best in the league and will win the championship.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I don't project too far into the future....Like you suggest, some players don't stay in the town where they started out.

It's not that far. In 3 years, it's still conceivable to think that Philly and Celtics will be contending. 

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I don't see anyway the Bucks or Pistons will be better than us next season if they keep about the same Roster and we do too. Heat nor the Wizards will be either.

You're saying Rozier SHOULD BE a starter.......I hear you.

But he wasn't. You said Rozier was a backup and would be if Irving was healthy.  You really did.

You have to appreciate you are debating both sides of something YOU said...

...and then you said that anybody who doesn't agree with both sides of your argeument doesn't watch the NBA!!!!

Okay then

If he should be a starter than what is so special about him stepping in for Kyrie and them winning playoff games. Rozier is a starting-caliber player. I don't care if he came off the bench. He's still a starting-caliber player.

I'm not arguing both sides. You said Philadelphia got beat by "Boston backups and old timers" like Al Horford isn't an all-star and Rozier and Tatum aren't terrific basketball players who can start on most teams in the NBA. Boston's second string could challenge the Pacer's starters.

It is not shocking that Boston won game 1 and they will be competitive in this series. I find it shocking that it was so one-sided about everybody believing Philadelphia would win tonight.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't see anyway the Bucks or Pistons will be better than us next season if they keep about the same Roster and we do too. Heat nor the Wizards will be either.

Agreed. I think Celtics/76ers will dominate the East if the Pacers don't do anything.

33 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Hold on...they only had Blake for 1/3 of a season...

They'll be in he playoffs next year

Haha it’s a maybe at best. 

If they play to their full potential they’re a 7-8 seed at best.

Van Gundy is likely getting fired , so we’ll see.

15 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Agreed. I think Celtics/76ers will dominate the East if the Pacers don't do anything.

That’s going to happen regardless. There’s nothing you can do in one off-season to catch-up with them.

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know about the Pistons or the Heat, but the Bucks and Wizards have more talent than we do right now.

If the Bucks find a coach and the Wizards just have John Wall and Bradley Beal healthy, they can definitely be better than us if no moves are made.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I don't know about the Pistons or the Heat, but the Bucks and Wizards have more talent than we do right now.

If the Bucks find a coach and the Wizards just have John Wall and Bradley Beal healthy, they can definitely be better than us if no moves are made.

I disagree, they may have more talent but both of those teams have lousy chemistry. We have Great Chemistry and that makes a huge difference. It wouldn't even surprise me if Parker leaves and goes somewhere else.