Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Trueman said:

 

Haha I’ll leave, you’re the regular here. It wasn’t my intention to upset you.

 

 

Wasn't upset at all and you should never leave on my account. I am just like everyone else in here. We are all equal and have our own opinions. You said I wasn't being reasonable by saying JR/Korver/Thompson would help LeBron out. You were 100% wrong and didn't even admit it so of course that would irritate anyone. Those 3 guys played Great in Game 1. Did you even watch Game 1? #2 - I think because I point out LeBron's flaws and don't have him rated higher than 4 or 5 other players in the history of the league that I come off as some silly old man and a Hater. Hate to break it to you but many people that are near 50 years old or older think like I do. Only people around 30 years old or younger think differently. I never get a LIKE or praised on here when I compliment LeBron which I do a lot. Cant say it enough - LeBron is Great, Top 10 ever, maybe Top 5 but because I don't think he's the GOAT or even 2nd you think I am a hater. It is what it is but I am not upset. Just admit it when I am right. I picked the Cavs to beat the Raptors before the series started. I am far from a hater, I am a realist and reasonable in reality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Paul George failed at giving an honest 100% effort every night on both ends of floor and being a leader . He has the me me me syndrome, nothing against you my friend I like you . that is and has b

Mark is on an island here. I wouldn't waste too much energy on changing his mind. This team is going to the promise land.. woot.

Love how all the mainstream sports media outlets are talking about what went wrong with the Cavs and LeBron instead of praising the Pacers. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Everybody's words get twisted on a message board.....

I'd just like to hear more on an Indy message board about Nate McMillan..and not about how the guy who used to coach Butler is the NBA's best coach.....

You can imagine how much that bothers a Pacers' fan...

On the other hand...to see Boston beat 'The Process'' is quite rewarding

I am not a Celtic fan or a Butler fan. This is actually an all NBA board, not just a Pacers board. Regarding McMillan, he did an outstanding job but I think Stevens is a Great Coach. Boston being up 2-0 over Philly is stunning. In a way I am glad because I don't like Philly either and think it's funny because of the hype they have been getting. Sleep well Mark, chat with you tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm telling you guys, carbon copy of 2017 Playoffs for the Cavs.. although you were swept last year it was a hard fought sweep, pulled down the Raptors pants and spanked them, and let the Celtics feel good by given them one, then can't even compete with the Warriors. 

 

I didn't watch any basketball last night, I kept of with the scores. And *Stephen A voice* "I am diiiiisgusted with the Toronto Raptors and Philadelphia 76er's." The 6er's will win the next two, only because Boston is superman at home and Clark Kent on the road. I guess nobody can win in Boston... until Lebron James does of course :thmup:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:55 AM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Like I've told my friends the Pacers were the best team in the east it's a shame they were cheated out of the playoffs cause we played the golden boy first round 

-I am convinced after what I have seen, Pacers and the Cavs are the 2 best teams in the East. That may change next season only because Boston will have Kyrie and Hayward back but regarding this season I will stand by my comment. Cavs will sweep Toronto and will beat Boston or Philly in 5 or 6.

 

-Just a little dedication to our team: I already miss the way Oladipo shakes and bakes with his speed to the rim burning everyone for an easy 2, miss Mr Bogdanovic with that sweet 3 point jumper from 30 WOOWEE, miss Lance getting under LeBron's skin and being crazy Lance, miss Thad getting nasty down low on the Boards, miss Turner Blocking everyone's shot making them taste the ball, and miss watching the cold stare of our Great Coach Nate McMillan when the REFS cheat us! Lets get em in 2019!

 

*Sabonis, I didn't forget you, how can we not miss his 7'0 presence in the paint like his daddy used to bring!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

           Embid doesn't seem to like guys being physical with him the way he is with them..

.......I thought Golden State whined about calls a lot......the 76ers go into spasms when they don't get a call.

 

Embid on the bench with 6:50 left....Al Horford scores back-to-back in the low post./

I guess this game isn't as important to the 76ers as it is to Boston

79-77 Boston

Edited by oldunclemark
Link to post
Share on other sites

  These are really bad offensive teams....   Boston up 89-87 :02 left..

Phily tries to throw the game away....they don't run offensive sets...they just play street ball

 

2nd time..... Rozier gets an end-of-the-game gift../..WE Gave him the first own

...OT.....great shot by Bellinelli

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

......another blunder by the 76eers////'The Process'......throws 'the game' away..

Boston wins 101-98...and they deserved it...  up 3-0

 

OMG..the Pacers were so close to the winning the East

This is why I wanted Philly. They play no D don't seem to run an offense and make silly mistakes. We handled them easily the last 2x we played this season. I don't care for Embid and think Simmons is overrated  We know who the real ROY is. The only team that worried me was the Raptors. They had our number but they crack like an egg in the playoffs. I knew Lebron would be a problem but we had 4 chances to beat him. The sky was the limit if we could've got past Lebron.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DraftMaster said:

If we had beat LeBron could we have won the East???

Yep I said that many times I will say it again we were the best team in the east people can argue with me all they want no one in the east was better than us we got cheated out of the playoffs 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yep I said that many times I will say it again we were the best team in the east people can argue with me all they want no one in the east was better than us we got cheated out of the playoffs 

It wouldn't have come to that had Oladipo just played his game in games 4 and 5. The series was lost when the Pacers didn't win one of those games. They had home field advantage but lost it in game 5.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yep I said that many times I will say it again we were the best team in the east people can argue with me all they want no one in the east was better than us we got cheated out of the playoffs 

Yeah looking at it now, LeBron/Cavs looks like the only team that would've beat us and we did get cheated in Game 5 at Cleveland. People can call it whining all they want but we did. Should've never been a Game 7. I think we would've beat Philly or Toronto after watching the way both have played in this Round. Boston is much better than I thought they would be without Kyrie Irving but I think we would've beat them as well. If we were good enough to win a game in Cleveland, I know we could've got a split in Boston in the 1st 2 games and got HCA. Anyway it's a done deal now, Cavs will be in the Finals and will just get beat again by the Warriors. Same ol broken record. Like watching paint dry, LeBron = Great and full of buzzer beaters in the Eastern Playoffs but in the Finals where it counts most, he usually comes up short though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah looking at it now, LeBron/Cavs looks like the only team that would've beat us and we did get cheated in Game 5 at Cleveland. People can call it whining all they want but we did. Should've never been a Game 7. I think we would've beat Philly or Toronto after watching the way both have played in this Round. Boston is much better than I thought they would be without Kyrie Irving but I think we would've beat them as well. If we were good enough to win a game in Cleveland, I know we could've got a split in Boston in the 1st 2 games and got HCA. Anyway it's a done deal now, Cavs will be in the Finals and will just get beat again by the Warriors. Same ol broken record. Like watching paint dry, LeBron = Great and full of buzzer beaters in the Eastern Playoffs but in the Finals where it counts most, he usually comes up short though.

The east is just a joke that's why. The pelicans would gentleman sweep the Cavs..

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

The east is just a joke that's why. The pelicans would gentleman sweep the Cavs..

I know, I often wonder how many SB's Peyton Manning would've made had he played in the NFC from 2003-2006. The NFC was weak in that timeframe. Either the Pats, Steelers, or Colts won the SB. Had the Colts been in the NFC, they probably would've made 4 straight SB's and had a run similar to LeBron's playing in a weak East all these years. The best team LeBron has played during his 7 year run in the East was the 2013 Pacers. Nobody even considers that Pacers an all-time Great team. They were Very Good but not Great. Proof is there because when his teams get to the Finals they lose 63% of the time = 3-5. His teams are real close to being 1-7 as Ray Allen saved the Heat in 2013 and Kyrie Irving same thing in 2016. A lot of people give LeBron all of this love for making all of these Finals and discredit Peyton for not making more SB's. Peyton had the Pats and Steelers in his Conference is why he wasn't in more. I think at worse if you are one of the GOAT's you should at least have a .500 record in Finals play. Magic didn't have a Great record but he was 5-4 which anyone would take that, it's solid Good. He had to play Boston 3 times who had 5 Hall of Famers on their team as well. Jordan is 6-0 = Great. In Football Tom is 5-3 in SB's = Very Good, Peyton is 2-2 = Respectable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know, I often wonder how many SB's Peyton Manning would've made had he played in the NFC from 2003-2006. The NFC was weak in that timeframe. Either the Pats, Steelers, or Colts won the SB. Had the Colts been in the NFC, they probably would've made 4 straight SB's and had a run similar to LeBron's playing in a weak East all these years. The best team LeBron has played during his 7 year run in the East was the 2013 Pacers. Nobody even considers that Pacers an all-time Great team. They were Very Good but not Great. Proof is there because when his teams get to the Finals they lose 63% of the time = 3-5. His teams are real close to being 1-7 as Ray Allen saved the Heat in 2013 and Kyrie Irving same thing in 2016. A lot of people give LeBron all of this love for making all of these Finals and discredit Peyton for not making more SB's. Peyton had the Pats and Steelers in his Conference is why he wasn't in more. I think at worse if you are one of the GOAT's you should at least have a .500 record in Finals play. Magic didn't have a Great record but he was 5-4 which anyone would take that, it's solid Good. He had to play Boston 3 times who had 5 Hall of Famers on their team as well. Jordan is 6-0 = Great. In Football Tom is 5-3 in SB's = Very Good, Peyton is 2-2 = Respectable.

You're right, conference definitely makes a difference. That Pacers Heat series was intense, that when I actually rooted for LeBron. I jumped on the heat bandwagon. I just can't like the Cavs for some reason lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

You're right, conference definitely makes a difference. That Pacers Heat series was intense, that when I actually rooted for LeBron. I jumped on the heat bandwagon. I just can't like the Cavs for some reason lol. 

I am actually just the opposite. I was a LeBron fan until he left the Cavs to join the Heat. That is where and why I started to dislike him. Had you guys heard me talk about him for the 1st 7 years of his career in Cleveland, you guys in here would've thought I loved the guy. He reminded me of a more athletic Magic, just didn't have the Clutch gene. Still does remind me of him but I rooted for him back then. Yeah he went back to Cleveland and even won them a Ring but the damage had already been done in my eyes. When you are being compared to Jordan and Magic you don't leave the team that drafted you to form a Superteam to win Rings. That is why the Durant situation isn't the same. Nobody has ever said Durant is even a Top 20 player of all-time and he isn't. So him joining the Warriors isn't even close to the same. Durant is maybe Top 30 all-time?? I have Wade ranked higher all-time. Wade is Top 25 IMO. Curry is arguably better all-time as well over Durant.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

The legend of LeBron James grows bigger each day

Until he loses in the Finals again :D. Sorry I had too. Any Great player/GOAT convo player can beat Toronto every year, beat the Warriors with Curry, Thompson, Green, and Durant. That will get my attention. I don't think the Cavs can even beat the Rockets either to be honest. Cavs got extremely lucky to get by a team led by Victor Oladipo and Bojan Bogdanovic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Love or hate it, that is what GOAT type players are judged on - Championships (not Role players so don't give me freakin Bob Horry). I am talking Top 10 players ever Convo. That is why Peyton winning that 2nd one on a different team was so gigantic and people in here actually wanted Denver to lose. I didn't because no QB had ever won a SB with 2 different teams and it was huge for Peyton. It amazes me how the people who love LeBron or who defend him just block out his Finals record like it doesn't exist. Back in the day if Magic or Bird lost in the Finals, it was a lost season. Both got ripped and got called chokers. Magic or Bird couldn't gave a Rats behind about being a hero in a Round 2 matchup against anyone. It was just about the Finals. Same with Jordan, had he lost in the Finals he would've thought his season was garbage. Times today are different I guess. People accept losing more than they did way back I can tell you that. Had the Cubs lost to the Indians in the WS after going 103-58 and Bryant even won MVP, I would've considered it a lost season much like I do the 2009 Colts season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Until he loses in the Finals again :D. Sorry I had too. Any Great player/GOAT convo player can beat Toronto every year, beat the Warriors with Curry, Thompson, Green, and Durant. That will get my attention. I don't think the Cavs can even beat the Rockets either to be honest. Cavs got extremely lucky to get by a team led by Victor Oladipo and Bojan Bogdanovic.

In my mind:

a) this year's Cavs team has a lot of holes

b) the Pacers were the better team

c) the Raptors are arguably the better team

But LeBron is overcoming all of that.  His numbers have been off the charts, and he's carrying this terrible roster.  The Cavs aren't the best team, but LeBron is without a doubt the best player in the world and he's showing why.  With regards to your comment about beating the Warriors, if I recall correctly, the Cavs had a net plus rating with LeBron on the floor in last year's Finals.  So again, LeBron is doing his part to lead his team to victory, but the rest of his team isn't doing theirs. 

 

If LeBron can beat the Warriors this year with this Cavs team, he supplants Jordan as the greatest ever, in my opinion.  It's also worth noting that you've set the bar impossibly high for LeBron to reach.  The greatest regular team in NBA history - who lost to LeBron - adds the league's 2nd best player, and you demand LeBron to beat them to prove his worth.

 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Love or hate it, that is what GOAT type players are judged on - Championships (not Role players so don't give me freakin Bob Horry). I am talking Top 10 players ever Convo. That is why Peyton winning that 2nd one on a different team was so gigantic and people in here actually wanted Denver to lose. I didn't because no QB had ever won a SB with 2 different teams and it was huge for Peyton. It amazes me how the people who love LeBron or who defend him just block out his Finals record like it doesn't exist. Back in the day if Magic or Bird lost in the Finals, it was a lost season. Both got ripped and got called chokers. Magic or Bird couldn't gave a Rats behind about being a hero in a Round 2 matchup against anyone. It was just about the Finals. Same with Jordan, had he lost in the Finals he would've thought his season was garbage. Times today are different I guess. People accept losing more than they did way back I can tell you that. Had the Cubs lost to the Indians in the WS after going 103-58 and Bryant even won MVP, I would've considered it a lost season much like I do the 2009 Colts season.

LeBron has made it to 8 NBA Finals and is still going.  He also has 0 first round series losses.  Jordan, on the other hand, made it to 6 Finals and has 3 first round series losses.  If LeBron had lost in the first or second round in the 5 years where he lost in the Finals, he'd have a 3-0 Finals record and people would be talking about it like it's a better accomplishment than a 3-5 record.  While winning the championship is the goal, making the Finals is an accomplishment to be noted.  It's better to lose in the Finals than to lose in the first round, but people use that argument in favour of Jordan and against LeBron.  So I don't see how you can claim that LeBron/his fans are content with losing when it's Jordan who has lost more in the earlier rounds of the playoffs than LeBron and no one mentions it.

 

Furthermore, you have to look at championships in addition to other accomplishments.  If you're just talking about just championships, then Bill Russell is the greatest ever.  One must consider personal stats and accomplishments in addition to team accomplishments and championships.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

In my mind:

a) this year's Cavs team has a lot of holes

b) the Pacers were the better team

c) the Raptors are arguably the better team

But LeBron is overcoming all of that.  His numbers have been off the charts, and he's carrying this terrible roster.  The Cavs aren't the best team, but LeBron is without a doubt the best player in the world and he's showing why.  With regards to your comment about beating the Warriors, if I recall correctly, the Cavs had a net plus rating with LeBron on the floor in last year's Finals.  So again, LeBron is doing his part to lead his team to victory, but the rest of his team isn't doing theirs. 

 

If LeBron can beat the Warriors this year with this Cavs team, he supplants Jordan as the greatest ever, in my opinion.  It's also worth noting that you've set the bar impossibly high for LeBron to reach.  The greatest regular team in NBA history - who lost to LeBron - adds the league's 2nd best player, and you demand LeBron to beat them to prove his worth.

 

LeBron has made it to 8 NBA Finals and is still going.  He also has 0 first round series losses.  Jordan, on the other hand, made it to 6 Finals and has 3 first round series losses.  If LeBron had lost in the first or second round in the 5 years where he lost in the Finals, he'd have a 3-0 Finals record and people would be talking about it like it's a better accomplishment than a 3-5 record.  While winning the championship is the goal, making the Finals is an accomplishment to be noted.  It's better to lose in the Finals than to lose in the first round, but people use that argument in favour of Jordan and against LeBron.  So I don't see how you can claim that LeBron/his fans are content with losing when it's Jordan who has lost more in the earlier rounds of the playoffs than LeBron and no one mentions it.

 

Furthermore, you have to look at championships in addition to other accomplishments.  If you're just talking about just championships, then Bill Russell is the greatest ever.  One must consider personal stats and accomplishments in addition to team accomplishments and championships.

-All great points but I do factor in everything. Take Championships out of the equation and LeBron and Magic are basically equal. Lets not even talk Jordan for a moment.

*LeBron 8 Finals Apps/Magic 9 Finals apps.

 

*LeBron 4 League MVP's/Magic 3 League MVP's.

 

*LeBron 3 Finals MVP's/Magic 3 Finals MVP's.

 

*LeBron is the better Scorer/Magic has the record for all-time Assist AVG at 11.2 a season.

 

*LeBron has had no defining game winning shots in the Finals/Magic had one at Boston in 1987 which was crucial putting LA up 3-1. If that series goes to 2-2, LA would've been in trouble.

 

*A big thing LeBron fans love to measure a greatness of a player on is Efficiency. LeBron for his career has shot 50.4%/Magic 52%, LeBron 73.9% FT's/Magic 84.8%. Magic was even the more efficient player. Of course all of my facts will be ignored because you like many are convinced that LeBron is the GOAT or 2nd anyway because he is playing now.

-To me that is equal if not Magic having a slight edge, without the Ring argument. So how LeBron has leaped frogged Magic in many peoples minds is mindboggling. In these 2 guys case, the Ring argument is what would actually separate them.

 

-Secondly, basically 95% of the media had the Cavs beating us so hardly anyone had the Pacers beating the Cavs and the Cavs had HCA. LeBron played Great but why would you give him huge credit for beating a team he's favored against. He also has owned Toronto every year and you know it. Hardly nobody actually thought Raptors would beat the Cavs either. I didn't, I had Cavs in 6 before it even started.

 

-You say Jordan lost in the 1st Round a few times. OK I will give you that but once he got to the Finals he didn't lose in the 1st Round in the 7 years after that. You do realize when Jordan lost in the 1st Round it was against 5 Hall of Famers in Boston right?

 

-When Bill Russell won 11 Championships, he only had to win 2 series to win 8 of those and there was what 8 teams back then. Completely different time to compare that era to the 80's and now era's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am actually just the opposite. I was a LeBron fan until he left the Cavs to join the Heat. That is where and why I started to dislike him. Had you guys heard me talk about him for the 1st 7 years of his career in Cleveland, you guys in here would've thought I loved the guy. He reminded me of a more athletic Magic, just didn't have the Clutch gene. Still does remind me of him but I rooted for him back then. Yeah he went back to Cleveland and even won them a Ring but the damage had already been done in my eyes. When you are being compared to Jordan and Magic you don't leave the team that drafted you to form a Superteam to win Rings. That is why the Durant situation isn't the same. Nobody has ever said Durant is even a Top 20 player of all-time and he isn't. So him joining the Warriors isn't even close to the same. Durant is maybe Top 30 all-time?? I have Wade ranked higher all-time. Wade is Top 25 IMO. Curry is arguably better all-time as well over Durant.

When people pick all-time....they really don't go back and include everybody

LeBron is great....but when people compare Bill Russell to Wilt, to this day they point to: Well Wit only has 2 titles.

Russell has 11..

 

And Michael didn't structure his team. He wasn't able to 'ask for more help'

Magic won all his titles with the Lakers...Michael with the Bulls,.,Russell with the Celtics Kobe with the Lakers..

They had to in with the players they had.

Miami got Boston to play with LBJ  Cavs got Love to play with him...Now, he may leave again...

No, That's not being great

 

I agree LeBron's titles have to be looked at differently..

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

When people pick all-time....they really don't go back and include everybody

LeBron is great....but when people compare Bill Russell to Wilt, to this day they point to: Well Wit only has 2 titles.

Russell has 11..

 

And Michael didn't structure his team. He wasn't able to 'ask for more help'

Magic won all his titles with the Lakers...Michael with the Bulls,.,Russell with the Celtics Kobe with the Lakers..

They had to in with the players they had.

Miami got Boston to play with LBJ  Cavs got Love to play with him...Now, he may leave again...

No, That's not being great

 

I agree LeBron's titles have to be looked at differently..

Russell was one great player but the Celtics were the richest team in the NBA at the time.

It was also the Celtics who were allowed to skirt the cap by using a new rule they made up and the NBA went along with to circumvent the cap.

 The Lakers were pretty much the richest at the time Magic won his titles.

Jordan was grossly under paid by today's standards so the Bulls could afford great players to help him.

When the cap was started most teams followed pretty close but it has reverted back to the cap means nothing. The NBA is paid to pay no attention to the cap. They might as well do away with it because it means nothing.

Calling it a luxury tax is a joke. It just a way for teams who are willing to pay the NBA huge amounts of money so they can buy the best players who will sign with them.

I watch the Pacers because I have been a fan since the ABA days but I don't watch very many other NBA games at all.

Matter of fact I have not watched one game after the Pacers loss.

It's just my opinion but till there is a hard cap, the NBS sucks.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Russell was one great player but the Celtics were the richest team in the NBA at the time.

It was also the Celtics who were allowed to skirt the cap by using a new rule they made up and the NBA went along with to circumvent the cap.

 The Lakers were pretty much the richest at the time Magic won his titles.

Jordan was grossly under paid by today's standards so the Bulls could afford great players to help him.

When the cap was started most teams followed pretty close but it has reverted back to the cap means nothing. The NBA is paid to pay no attention to the cap. They might as well do away with it because it means nothing.

Calling it a luxury tax is a joke. It just a way for teams who are willing to pay the NBA huge amounts of money so they can buy the best players who will sign with them.

I watch the Pacers because I have been a fan since the ABA days but I don't watch very many other NBA games at all.

Matter of fact I have not watched one game after the Pacers loss.

It's just my opinion but till there is a hard cap, the NBS sucks.

 

 

The Bulls and Lakers didn't stack all-stars around Michael and Magic....They made trades

The Bulls didnt attract any great players to play with Michael....

When they got Rodman,...not a lot of teams wanted him....They got Scottie Pippen in the draft.

The Bulls didn't have a lot of great talent around Michael.....that's the truth.

You're right about Boston...that goes back to the territorial rights days

 

But the cap does limit teams.......it limits the Pacers

It limits the Wizards..John Wall has a contact that will pay him $41 mil a year in 2 years and they will be deep in yhe toilet.

Owners wont pay the cap on a losing team....That's kinda how we got Thad Young

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

-All great points but I do factor in everything. Take Championships out of the equation and LeBron and Magic are basically equal. Lets not even talk Jordan for a moment.

*LeBron 8 Finals Apps/Magic 9 Finals apps.

 

*LeBron 4 League MVP's/Magic 3 League MVP's.

 

*LeBron 3 Finals MVP's/Magic 3 Finals MVP's.

 

*LeBron is the better Scorer/Magic has the record for all-time Assist AVG at 11.2 a season.

 

*LeBron has had no defining game winning shots in the Finals/Magic had one at Boston in 1987 which was crucial putting LA up 3-1. If that series goes to 2-2, LA would've been in trouble.

 

*A big thing LeBron fans love to measure a greatness of a player on is Efficiency. LeBron for his career has shot 50.4%/Magic 52%, LeBron 73.9% FT's/Magic 84.8%. Magic was even the more efficient player. Of course all of my facts will be ignored because you like many are convinced that LeBron is the GOAT or 2nd anyway because he is playing now.

-To me that is equal if not Magic having a slight edge, without the Ring argument. So how LeBron has leaped frogged Magic in many peoples minds is mindboggling. In these 2 guys case, the Ring argument is what would actually separate them.

 

-Secondly, basically 95% of the media had the Cavs beating us so hardly anyone had the Pacers beating the Cavs and the Cavs had HCA. LeBron played Great but why would you give him huge credit for beating a team he's favored against. He also has owned Toronto every year and you know it. Hardly nobody actually thought Raptors would beat the Cavs either. I didn't, I had Cavs in 6 before it even started.

 

-You say Jordan lost in the 1st Round a few times. OK I will give you that but once he got to the Finals he didn't lose in the 1st Round in the 7 years after that. You do realize when Jordan lost in the 1st Round it was against 5 Hall of Famers in Boston right?

 

-When Bill Russell won 11 Championships, he only had to win 2 series to win 8 of those and there was what 8 teams back then. Completely different time to compare that era to the 80's and now era's.

Regarding Magic and LeBron...

When it comes to career averages, LeBron has more points per game, rebounds per game, better 3-point percentage, higher PER, higher win share, more blocks per game, more steals per game.

In the playoffs, LeBron has better career averages in points per game, blocks per game, rebounds per game, and effective field goal percentage.

 

Regarding LeBron beating a team he's supposed to beat, I don't get that.  It was fairly widely acknowledged that the Pacers were the better team.  The reason why I brought that up is that LeBron is so dominant that he's able to will his team to a victory in a series against a superior opponent.  LeBron had 34.4 points per game in that series while the second leading scorer for the Cavs was Kevin Love with a mere 11.4 ppg, and no one else in double digits.  The Pacers, on the other hand, had 7 players average more than 10 ppg.  The Pacers had the better team, but the Cavs have the world's best player who dominated and carried his team to a victory

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Regarding Magic and LeBron...

When it comes to career averages, LeBron has more points per game, rebounds per game, better 3-point percentage, higher PER, higher win share, more blocks per game, more steals per game.

In the playoffs, LeBron has better career averages in points per game, blocks per game, rebounds per game, and effective field goal percentage.

 

Regarding LeBron beating a team he's supposed to beat, I don't get that.  It was fairly widely acknowledged that the Pacers were the better team.  The reason why I brought that up is that LeBron is so dominant that he's able to will his team to a victory in a series against a superior opponent.  LeBron had 34.4 points per game in that series while the second leading scorer for the Cavs was Kevin Love with a mere 11.4 ppg, and no one else in double digits.  The Pacers, on the other hand, had 7 players average more than 10 ppg.  The Pacers had the better team, but the Cavs have the world's best player who dominated and carried his team to a victory

I agree LeBron is the better Defensive player between the two but really Rebounding? Magic averaged 7.2, LeBron 7.4 that is even to me. LeBron was the better Scorer and Magic was the better Passer. Rebounding is equal and Magic was more Efficient. Efficiency and FG% are the base of LeBron's arguments to being the GOAT by most LeBron fans, LeBron is 73.9 at the FT line, Magic was 84.8. That is a huge difference and critical down the stretch of games. If it was 83% to 84% I wouldn't even bring it up but that is a huge difference. Magic also shot almost 2% better from the field.

 

-Funny how Efficiency only matters when it comes to LeBron vs Kobe because Kobe shot 45%. Kobe aint Magic sorry. It's been fun people I am out, time for the Baseball Thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Warriors are going to win this easily. Mark it down assuming nobody gets injured.

There's a good chance Boston beats Cleveland if they get a few days to rest Jaylen Brown.

Cavs still have long stretches where they don't defend...

 

..Not that it mattered against Toronto

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

There's a good chance Boston beats Cleveland if they get a few days to rest Jaylen Brown.

Cavs still have long stretches where they don't defend...

 

..Not that it mattered against Toronto

I see Cavs in 6 but I have been wrong about Boston the whole time. Warriors will split against Rockets in the 1st 2 and wont lose at home, Warriors in 6.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see Cavs in 6 but I have been wrong about Boston the whole time. Warriors will split against Rockets in the 1st 2 and wont lose at home, Warriors in 6.

  What bothers me about the Cavs is that the young guys they have don't seem ready for the playoffs...Nance, Clarkson and Hood  just haven't done much..

Boston's Brown plays on one leg and is a factor....and Tatum is the best player on the floor.... He's gotten better in the playoffs..

......Marcus Smart has some "Lance' in him to go against LBJ

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...