Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

This is why I literally cant stand it when people say LeBron has no help. His Role players always step up back when he needs it. JR now has 20, Korver 19, Green 16. Actually LeBron is only 12-29 from the field. The guy has a team around him and it's obvious. Thompson even has 14 LOL.

DeRozen has to take it in..he'd have gotten a call..    Van Fleet is hurting..... don't even know why they put him back in.

Where was Lowry

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

That was such a bad play haha

That was what they called a time out to design?

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I swear.. the Cavs are gonna make the finals and again get their heads completely blown off by Houston or Golden State

.......I just am sad.....we had them..we absolutely had them....

Toronto always says 'They got this';  but they never have it... 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is why I literally cant stand it when people say LeBron has no help. His Role players always step up back when he needs it. JR now has 20, Korver 19, Green 16. Actually LeBron is only 12-29 from the field. The guy has a team around him and it's obvious. Thompson even has 14 LOL.

And that’s because he gets wide open shots for those guys. Guy basically avg a triple double. Do you think Korver, Smith, or Love can get their own shot...and Thompson is the typical garbage guy. Of course Lebron has teammates but this is obviously his worst team he has had since his early Cav years.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

:lol:and there you have it folks! LeBron's supporting cast steps up as usual in big games. Cavs win! I called it, what was funny was I even told Trueman that JR Smith would have a huge game and he did. Crap is too predictable.

LBJ was normal tonight.......Raptors chose to take their chances with JR and Korver shooting.

That game plan has to be reevaluated

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

And that’s because he gets wide open shots for those guys. Guy basically avg a triple double. Do you think Korver, Smith, or Love can get their own shot...and Thompson is the typical garbage guy. Of course Lebron has teammates but this is obviously his worst team he has had since his early Cav years.

dg..and that's why we let him  go 1-on-1..and locked up guys like JR and Love

Our strategy was the right one...we just couldn't make our own shots

• Thanks 1

Just now, oldunclemark said:

LBJ was normal tonight.......Raptors chose to take their chances with JR and Korver shooting.

That game plan has to be reevaluated

Correct. Pacers game plan is best. Stick to shooters. Force Cavs to beat you with twos. Force Lebron to be a volume scorer because it wears him out and other teammates can’t get in rythem. Sad nobody else can see this.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

dg..and that's why we let him  go 1-on-1..and locked up guys like JR and Love

Our strategy was the right one...we just couldn't make our own shots

Exactly...when those other players on Cavs aren’t getting open shots they start standing around...don’t play as hard defense, and then don’t shoot at high percentage when they aren’t getting regular looks or having to shoot when they put the ball on the floor. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Correct. Pacers game plan is best. Stick to shooters. Force Cavs to beat you with twos. Force Lebron to be a volume scorer because it wears him out and other teammates can’t get in rythem. Sad nobody else can see this.

..and LeBron was burnt tonight......he didn't have it.....If Toronto had challenged him to do it all..

I dont think he could have done it tonight..

Raptors should have taken our blueprint..

..maybe if they do....maybe they can win 4 of the next 6, right? 

(Naw, I know I'm lying)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah but everytime the Cavs lose people call those guys garbage. Which is far from the truth. LeBron never gets blamed for everything. Watch all ESPN will talk about is his TDB but he also nearly cost them the game in reality with poor shot selection by shooting 12-30. I understand the Cavs wouldn't be a Playoff team without him but we wouldn't without Oladipo, Bucks wouldn't without Greek Freak, OKC wouldn't without Westbrook, etc.. Most teams wouldn't without their best player.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but everytime the Cavs lose people call those guys garbage. Which is far from the truth. LeBron never gets blamed for everything. Watch all ESPN will talk about is his TDB but he also nearly cost them the game in reality with poor shot selection by shooting 12-30. I understand the Cavs wouldn't be a Playoff team without him but we wouldn't without Oladipo, Bucks wouldn't without Greek Freak, OKC wouldn't without Westbrook, etc.. Most teams wouldn't without their best player.

Good point..LeBron's teammates bailed him out tonight

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah but everytime the Cavs lose people call those guys garbage. Which is far from the truth. LeBron never gets blamed for everything. Watch all ESPN will talk about his is TDB but he also nearly cost them the game in reality with poor shot selection by shooting 12-30. I understand the Cavs wouldn't be a Playoff team without him but we wouldn't without Oladipo, Bucks wouldn't without Greek Freak, OKC wouldn't without Westbrook, etc.. Most teams wouldn't without their best player.

I hate saying nice things about Lebron but make no mistake...his team is not good. This IS his worst supporting cast in a dozen years basically. He carries them. If you let Lebron play his Magic game he will kill you with anybody. If you force him to play MJ game play scoring 40 it wears him out and it doesn’t get his teammates involved and they don’t shoot or play well. This team feeds off him...it’s specislly designed that way...they can’t get their own shot they depend on him more than any other team depends on their main guy. Anyways point being @oldunclemark is exactly right! He had nailed it.

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Good point..LeBron's teammates bailed him out tonight

I will say bailing out a guy that went for a triple double and scored like 26 points is a bit much to say....they did their job tonight....maybe carried a little more than normal weight but that is what Championship caliber teams do...these guys have been in these moments for some time now.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I will say bailing out a guy that went for a triple double and scored like 26 points is a bit much to say....they did their job tonight....maybe carried a little more than normal weight but that is what Championship caliber teams do...these guys have been in these moments for some time now.

You wouldn't say they bailed him out......he was 12 of 30.....and 1 of his last 7 and a shot clock violation?

In his defense..he was dog tired..he played 46 minutes

....I agree about the veteran players.

The revival of Tristan Thompson is well...hard to explain...Where was he in his mind? What changed?

Edited by oldunclemark

I know OG wasn’t like unbelievable or anything tonight but I’m watchjng a kid that belongs out there and will keep getting better...how did we pass up on him a perfect future 3 and D player and Kyle Kuzuma for Ryan Leaf...I mean TJ Leaf??

Just now, dgambill said:

I know OG wasn’t like unbelievable or anything tonight but I’m watchjng a kid that belongs out there and will keep getting better...how did we pass up on him a perfect future 3 and D player and Kyle Kuzuma for Ryan Leaf...I mean TJ Leaf??

A lot of teams passed on Kuzma, I wish we could've got him we would really be set.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

You wouldn't say they bailed him out......he was 12 of 30.....and 1 of his last 7 and a shot clock violation?

....I agree about the veteran players.

The revival of Tristan Thompson is well...hard to explain...Where was he in his mind? What changed?

Oh no doubt they hit when they needed to...but Lebron opened up the game for them to get them rolling...like you said..how does Korver even get a dozen looks??

Tristen is an effort guy...always has been...feeds on being valued and opportunities. He wasn’t playing...had no shot...Lues fault for not playing him...going young inexperienced guys. I think Lebron said go with the guys I trust...vets and that made all the difference last two games.

Steph has brought the energy tonight. GS really fed off it.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Oh no doubt they hit when they needed to...but Lebron opened up the game for them to get them rolling...like you said..how does Korver even get a dozen looks??

Tristen is an effort guy...always has been...feeds on being valued and opportunities. He wasn’t playing...had no shot...Lues fault for not playing him...going young inexperienced guys. I think Lebron said go with the guys I trust...vets and that made all the difference last two games.

Steph has brought the energy tonight. GS really fed off it.

No doubt..Korver doesn't get 12 3s off if LeBron isn't out there 46 minutes..and 46 is a ton.

Not a knock on him.....He scored 46 on us........left the country and went 26, 11 and 13 .....2 nights later

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

A lot of teams passed on Donovan Mitchell...right?

I think he went 12 or 14....you can go back and look at my posts. I hated the TJ pick..and I was very much on drafting Mitchell. I wanted to go up and get him. I know I’m an IU fan but I thought OG would have fit us perfectly if we stayed out...TJ...makes my blood boil.

22 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he almost cost them the game tonight, but besides game 7 in our series, the only person that helped him was Korver.

Even though we couldn't win without Oladipo, in numerous games in the last series we had 5 or 6 players score in double digits including Bogie scoring 30 in a game.

LeBron literally scored 45 with Korver contributing 10 and the rest of the team did nothing. LeBron's teammates have stepped up the last two games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think he went 12 or 14....you can go back and look at my posts. I hated the TJ pick..and I was very much on drafting Mitchell. I wanted to go up and get him. I know I’m an IU fan but I thought OG would have fit us perfectly.

You are right...Mitchell was the 13th pick in the draft..

TJ Leaf....well..I cant argue his case right now but he just turned 21.....

He doesn't have anything like an NBA body....but he sure can shoot..and we need bench shooters badly

...Can we make him train with Oladipo...this summer?

He'll never be Mitchell....though..

• Like 1