Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They are just young. Redick is really their only Veteran.

.....some of them are...Beliinelli.......Illyasova...

..but they play so over confidelty (if that's a word)...run plays...and hustle back on 'D'

They give up easy points because they miss a few shots in a row....that's AAU ball

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

.....some of them are...Beliinelli.......Illyasova...

..but they play so over confidelty (if that's a word)...run plays...and hustle back on 'D'

They give up easy points because they miss a few shots in a row....that's AAU ball

I am not sure how well they will do if they do play the Cavs? The inexperience of Simmons and Embiid could bite them. LeBron has been in the Conference Finals 10 times in his career. Having said that I think Philly has the better and deeper team, like we did. You have the LeBron factor though which evens it out again. If those 2 do play, Game 7 would be in Philly not Cleveland. We had to go there. Toronto has a deep team but they are mentally soft which just doesn't cut it in the Playoffs. I think the Pacers and Sixers are mentally strong and play with confidence. That is what you need.

I am not sure how well they will do if they do play the Cavs? The inexperience of Simmons and Embiid could bite them. LeBron has been in the Conference Finals 10 times in his career. Having said that I think Philly has the better and deeper team, like we did. You have the LeBron factor though which evens it out again. If those 2 do play, Game 7 would be in Philly not Cleveland. We had to go there. Toronto has a deep team but they are mentally soft which just doesn't cut it in the Playoffs. I think the Pacers and Sixers are mentally strong and play with confidence. That is what you need.

we'll see...this is along series..Boston hasn't won on the road yet

..I think the only way Boston betas Phily is in 7 games

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Has anybody actually watched Snopp Dogg and 'The Joker's Wild'

..Is he funny?

its alright, snoop makes it watchable

the questions are mostly pop culture stuff

• Thanks 1

If Boston makes the Finals with this team, Brad Stevens deserves Coach of the Century :lol:. Before Bluefire gets on here and says, the Celtics are Good without Kyrie, Hayward, and Brown at 100% and Rozier and Smart are solid players too. We all know this but come on, they shouldn't be beating Philly without the guys I mentioned. No way should they beat the Cavs, if both happens then Stevens is the best Coach by far.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Boston makes the Finals with this team, Brad Stevens deserves Coach of the Century :lol:. Before Bluefire gets on here and says, the Celtics are Good without Kyrie, Hayward, and Brown at 100% and Rozier and Smart are solid players too. We all know this but come on, they shouldn't be beating Philly without the guys I mentioned. No way should they beat the Cavs, if both happens then Stevens is the best Coach by far.

Its funny...Jayson Tatum dominates Ben Simmons and Jaylen Smith dunks on one leg.

..and its the coaching  :goodluck: 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

One thing Boston does, they play scrappy Defense and they are quick, that is how the Pacers are too. You always have a chance when you play Great Defense.

I wish Nate McMillan got half the credit that Brad Stevens does

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Its funny...Jayson Tatum dominates Ben Simmons and Jaylen Smith dunks on one leg.

How on earth can you not give Brad Stevens credit? His 2 best players aren't even playing and his 3rd best player is playing on 1 leg. A lot of it is Coaching because they play tough hard Defense for him and play in his system well. How do you not see that?

I didn't  realize how good a shooter Covington is.....without a dribble...

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How on earth can you not give Brad Stevens credit? His 2 best players aren't even playing and his 3rd best player is playing on 1 leg. A lot of it is Coaching because they play tough hard Defense for him and play in his system well. How do you not see that?

How about standing up for McMillan?

Why so little love? Why is he an afterthought?

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I wish Nate McMillan got half the credit that Brad Stevens does

Nate McMillan had his SuperStar player playing in Oladipo. Brad Stevens is without Kyrie and Hayward. Quit being ridiculous and a Stevens hater.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I didn't  realize how good a shooter Covington is.....without a dribble...

How about standing up for McMillan?

Why so little love? Why is he an afterthought?

When I have ever criticized McMillan? I Posted a month ago he should be in the Top 3 for Coach of the year! I said either he, Quinn, or Stevens should get it. I love Nate.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nate McMillan had his SuperStar player playing in Oladipo. Brad Stevens is without Kyrie and Hayward. Quit being ridiculous and a Stevens hater.

Give Nate McMillan  the credit he deserves.,.Its embarssing how other teams win due to coaching and we win due to our players.

Did we lost to Cleveland because of bad coaching?

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

When I have ever criticized McMillan? I Posted a month ago he should be in the Top 3 for Coach of the year! I said either he, Quinn, or Stevens should get it. I love Nate.

You don't give him the credit you pour on Stevens...right?

When you talk about the NBNA's best coaches...\Nate isn't mentioned.....am I right?

Stand up for our guy...
I think he was great this year....so was Brad..but so was Nate

Give Nate McMillan  the credit he deserves.,.Its embarssing how other teams win due to coaching and we win due to our players.

Did we lost to Cleveland because of bad coaching?

Dude, I already said Nate is in my Top 3 for Coach of the year. I love the guy and think he has done an outstanding job. I am not sure what you are driving at. I was just praising Stevens for accomplishing what he has without his 2 best players. I don't see what the big deal is??

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dude, I already said Nate is in my Top 3 for Coach of the year. I love the guy and think he has done an outstanding job. I am not sure what you are driving at. I was just praising Stevens for accomplishing what he has without his 2 best players. I don't see what the big deal is??

Yes you do. Its way too much. I'm a Pacers fan

I just don't get the Celtic love............Tyronn Lue's done a great job, too...Team totally rebuilt at the all-star break...

But its Cleveland....

1 minute ago, Trueman said:

Some day you’ll realize how silly you’re being about Lebron.

I would love Brad if he coached the Pacers

Yes you do. Its way too much. I'm a Pacers fan

I just don't get the Celtic love............Tyronn Lue's done a great job, too...Team totally rebuilt at the all-star break...

But its Cleveland....

Ty Lue has done a great job?lmao

Not really. I have LeBron in my Top 10 players of all-time and have already said he is the player of the decade. I am reasonable. Mark thinks Stevens sucks by the way he Posts.

Lord No. ...I just don't think he's the best coach in the NBA with no titles because he used to coach at Butler.

I'm not a Butler fan

Not really. I have LeBron in my Top 10 players of all-time and have already said he is the player of the decade. I am reasonable. Mark thinks Stevens sucks by the way he Posts.

You were trying to tell me Korver/JR/Thompson should be considered “help”.

That’s hilarious. And not reasonable at all.

Now if you want to say that Stevens is outcoaching that jamoke who coaches Philadelphia.

I would whole heartedly agree:scoregood:

Brett Brown is a really good coach too. I would take both of them over Macmillan or Dwayne Casey.

..with that said...Boston is a much better coached team than Philadelphia...

1 minute ago, Trueman said:

Brett Brown is a really good coach too. I would take both of them over Macmillan or Dwayne Casey.

Brett Brown does not have control of his team like Stevens does.

Nate McMillan has proven he's a better coach that Brett (Charlie) Brown

..with that said...Boston is a much better coached team than Philadelphia...

Brett Brown does not have control of his team like Stevens does

They’re extremely young , and won 10 games 2 years ago. It’s going to take a little time.

i don’t think he’s on Stevens’ level (who is special) but he’s better than 90% of the leagues coaches.

I am getting ready to log off because I don't even like the Celtics. My words get twisted way too much in here. This Thread is getting on my nerves. I just think Stevens is a great Coach, I think Nate is too. I don't think LeBron is the GOAT but he is Top 10 ever, possibly Top 5 ever which by the way isn't a DIS! A lot of the older generation has LeBron between 6-10. Many have guys like Wilt ahead of him. Because I don't have LeBron #2, I am a LeBron hater - OK! I am being very unbiased and reasonable with what I have Posted. Good night everyone.

5 minutes ago, Trueman said:

You were trying to tell me Korver/JR/Thompson should be considered “help”.

That’s hilarious. And not reasonable at all.

But yet in Game 1 they were - all 3 of those guys were Great in Game 1, I am out! I have had enough. Love had 31 tonight too.

• Thanks 1

I am getting ready to log off because I don't even like the Celtics. My words get twisted way too much in here. This Thread is getting on my nerves. I just think Stevens is a great Coach, I think Nate is too. I don't think LeBron is the GOAT but he is Top 10 ever, possibly Top 5 ever which by the way isn't a DIS! A lot of the older generation has LeBron between 6-10. Many have guys like Wilt ahead of him. Because I don't have LeBron #2, I am a LeBron hater - OK! I am being very unbiased and reasonable with what I have Posted. Good night everyone.

Haha I’ll leave, you’re the regular here. It wasn’t my intention to upset you.

Everybody's words get twisted on a message board.....

I'd just like to hear more on an Indy message board about Nate McMillan..and not about how the guy who used to coach Butler is the NBA's best coach.....

You can imagine how much that bothers a Pacers' fan...

On the other hand...to see Boston beat 'The Process'' is quite rewarding