Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

2 things../.I did not realize these two teams disliked each other to this extent...

...and we (The Pacers) don't play the same game that GSW and Houston do....not close

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

56-56 at Half.

..and Draymond and Chris Paul are lucky they haven't been ejected already

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

2 things../.I did not realize these two teams disliked each other to this extent...

...and we (The Pacers) don't play the same game that GSW and Houston do....not close

..and Draymond and Chris Paul are lucky they haven't been ejected already

Great game so far. Very entertaining.

• Thanks 1

Just now, oldunclemark said:

That might be a tad premature:thinking:

But the Houston 'supporting cast' is starting to look lie the Cleveland supporting cast

If Houston loses tonight, they lose HCA and would have to beat the Warriors 4 out of 6 at that point. Probably is premature but it is highly doubtful Houston pulls that off.

4 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Harden also played out of his mind..

But Ariza barely got to play..and whoever Luc Mbah Moute is..he shoudlnt be shooting 3s

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This is over. If Houston loses Game 2, it may be a sweep.

Remind me that you said this in a week.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

As long as Curry, Durant, Thompson, and Green are on the same team they will never lose a series. JMO. They lost 1 game last season during their run.

we'll see about that..some of Houston's players did look a little scared...

...but James Harden wasn't one of them

Dennis Schroder of the Hawks has come out and basically implied that he could be traded and he mentioned the Pacers as a place that "wouldn't be too bad" to play for.

He'll be 25 going into next season and averaged 19 points and 6 assists. He's not a good 3 point shooter though.

I'd do a trade if it was something like TJ Leaf/Anigbogu and our 1st this year, but they probably will want more than that.

• Thanks 1

As I said from the beginning last night was a must win for the Rockets.  I think the Warriors win 3 out of the next 4 or even 3 in a row honestly.  I don't see it going 7.  Tonight is a must win for both teams.  If the Celtics win they are 37-0 in a series after starting up 2-0.  If the Cavs win, I think they'll have a good chance to defend home court. 

13 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's their 3rd best player, how scary is that? Imagine him on Indy as our SF?

He also talked about taking less money to extend his contract and stay in GS. I think it was like 4 years 90 million..which is well under max money and well under what he could get elsewhere. He is a key cog in that team because of his defense and shooting. Just makes everything so much easier for Durant and Curry.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

this series is a wrap, get the brooms ready 

That's premature...Houston is a very good team. They will push this series. I can't see them laying down. They just stand around too much watching Paul and Harden...they don't move without the ball and get the help defense out of position. GS can just set their defense and then help off. If the other guys aren't going to hit shots...especially Eric Gordon its going to be a short series but I still think Houston is too talented and will get a couple games. I know Harden has disappeared at times in big series but I don't think Paul will let this team go down without a fight. I just thought that was some awful coaching from D'antoni.

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

As I said from the beginning last night was a must win for the Rockets.  I think the Warriors win 3 out of the next 4 or even 3 in a row honestly.  I don't see it going 7.  Tonight is a must win for both teams.  If the Celtics win they are 37-0 in a series after starting up 2-0.  If the Cavs win, I think they'll have a good chance to defend home court. 

I never understand using statistics like that.....first off I doubt any of those series were against Lebron James and second only what 1 of those series was this year so it has nothing to do with this current team really. Don't get me wrong it would be a huge advantage but they need this win more then the Cavs....they have to hold serve...and the Celtics have won only 1 playoff game on the road these playoffs. To me that's a more relevant stat then something that was accomplished by great Celtic teams of the past (who there were many).

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I never understand using statistics like that.....first off I doubt any of those series were against Lebron James and second only what 1 of those series was this year so it has nothing to do with this current team really. Don't get me wrong it would be a huge advantage but they need this win more then the Cavs....they have to hold serve...and the Celtics have won only 1 playoff game on the road these playoffs. To me that's a more relevant stat then something that was accomplished by great Celtic teams of the past (who there were many).

It's an all time statistic.  The Celtics franchise as a whole is 37-0 after starting up 2-0.  I am sure the Celtics Franchise have been up 2-0 on a player just as good if not better than LeBron at some point in time in Franchise history.  This current Celtics team though?  Obviously not.  That's why my point is the Celtics need to win this game to have any kind of shot at winning the series.  I also think it's just as important to the Cavs because no one can afford to go down 2-0.  I think the Cavs will still pull it off, but it doesn't matter does it?  Either team will get swept in the Finals or win 1 game at most.  The Warriors aren't losing more than a game in any series. 

• Like 1