Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

The interesting thing here is:  All the teams now have time off go work on getting mismatches and advantages specifically against the other..

.........I really think that helps Houston and Boston..

Boston loves the slow pace...the Cavs play at and Houston is built to outscore GSW

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Boston wins 4-1. The Process is over in 2018! Now we have our Final 4. This is the way I see it going:

East - Cavs vs Celtics

I think the Celtics even without Kyrie and Hayward have a legit solid ball club with Brown, Smart, Rozier, Tatum, and Horford. They also have the Defense to shut down some of the Role Players that the Cavs have like Korver and JR. They also have HCA and a better Coach as well. Having said that, LeBron isn't losing to a team that doesn't have their best player (Kyrie) and everyone knows it. I also think Kevin Love will have a GREAT series and give LeBron his necessary help. He is healthy now and has found his groove.

-My final analysis is the Cavs in 6 (4-2). I think the Cavs split the 1st 2 games, win Games 3 and 4 at home, lose Game 5 at Boston, then close it out in Cleveland in 6. Stevens and his scrappy bunch are good for 2 wins but that is it IMO.

West - Warriors vs Rockets

Rockets have a very explosive team with Harden and CP3 and have HCA. They can also shoot the 3 as well if not better than the Warriors. Having said that, the Warriors have more Championship experience on their team and can play lock down Defense better than the Rockets when they have to. Durant and Thompson are very underrated Defensively and Green is a monster on Defense. CP3 wont have the series he just had vs the Jazz either, he now has to deal with Steph Curry.

-My final analysis is the Warriors in 6 (4-2). I think in order for the Rockets to have a good chance to win this series they have to win Game 1. They cant lose Game 1 on their home court. If they lose Game 1 at home that would be a disaster to their confidence. I see this much like the Cavs/Celtics series, Warriors will split the 1st 2 games in Houston, win Games 3 and 4 at home, lose Game 5 in Houston, wrap it up in 6. I think the Warriors win Game 1 and that will set the tone for the whole series. Rockets will bounce back and win Game 2 being at home again because it will be a must win and the Warriors will be content with a split. JMO's

I want to add this, only way I see the Celtics or Rockets winning these series, if they can somehow go up 2-0. They both have to win Game 1 on their home floor, that is a must.

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

But what does re-tool mean? ,,and what is a superstar.....LBJ is the only real superstar in the East, right?

How do you re-tool again?

Toronto's bench was better than their starters many nights..cant cut them

..and keep in mind..Ibaka is not tradable at $21 mil for 3 more years at age 33

Lowry makes 33 mil...Forget trading him.....who does that leave?   It leaves DeRozan

I think we're both right.......you don't want to trade a star but they cannot keep bring back the same team that fails every year,..What is the theory there?

DeRozan to San Antonio for Kawhai Leonard?

DeRozan to the Lakers for Randle and Kuzma....

You tinker around the edges...and you work through the draft. How about instead of giving up your all-star for marginal players (you are not getting Leonard...he is a superstar top 5 in the league) you trade the guy responsible for making adjustments on the court...your coach. I suspect Casey is gone....they may look at moving Valancuinus (sp) but if you continue to draft well and get guys like OG in the 20s and you can get another player of that caliber then you will get better. I'd imagine they would look at all options to move their bigs to get more athletic younger bigs....at least one or the other. Since Ibaka can shoot from the perimeter he will probably stay (plus his salary). Re-sign Vanfleet...OG gets another year better.....maybe he is that star that is about to break out. He gets more consistent with that 3 he is going to be a very very nice piece. He is barely a year removed from the ACL injury. He is going to get stronger and better. You don't blow up a 60 win team. This team can't get by Lebron 3 years in a row....did Chicago blow it up and trade their best player when they couldn't get by the Pistons? No you add an new coach. Did the Pistons blow it up when they couldn't get by the Celtics....nope you add more pieces...you don't trade your stars. You have to look at it from Toronto's perspective...they want to get better...and basically every trade involving DeRozan makes them worse....the few that makes them better like for Leonard are not possible. I heard someone say trade him for Wiggins....that stuff is just crazy. DeRozan will get better...he will work harder and get better...that's what stars do. I can tell you...losing DeRozan for Randle (who is a FA and not tradable) and Kuzma is not an upgrade (at least one that can beat Lebron). This is a good team...they have a mental hurdle..not a talent hurdle...to me it's time to bring in a new voice...play the talent a different way..and to think outside the box to beat Lebron. If Lebron goes west then I think you bring your team back...but if he stays then you start at the top...because as good as Casey is..he has proven he doesn't have the answers.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Boston wins 4-1. The Process is over in 2018! Now we have our Final 4. This is the way I see it going:

East - Cavs vs Celtics

I think the Celtics even without Kyrie and Hayward have a legit solid ball club with Brown, Smart, Rozier, Tatum, and Horford. They also have the Defense to shut down some of the Role Players that the Cavs have like Korver and JR. They also have HCA and a better Coach as well. Having said that, LeBron isn't losing to a team that doesn't have their best player (Kyrie) and everyone knows it. I also think Kevin Love will have a GREAT series and give LeBron his necessary help. He is healthy now and has found his groove.

-My final analysis is the Cavs in 6 (4-2). I think the Cavs split the 1st 2 games, win Games 3 and 4 at home, lose Game 5 at Boston, then close it out in Cleveland in 6. Stevens and his scrappy bunch are good for 2 wins but that is it IMO.

West - Warriors vs Rockets

Rockets have a very explosive team with Harden and CP3 and have HCA. They can also shoot the 3 as well if not better than the Warriors. Having said that, the Warriors have more Championship experience on their team and can play lock down Defense better than the Rockets when they have to. Durant and Thompson are very underrated Defensively and Green is a monster on Defense. CP3 wont have the series he just had vs the Jazz either, he now has to deal with Steph Curry.

-My final analysis is the Warriors in 6 (4-2). I think in order for the Rockets to have a good chance to win this series they have to win Game 1. They cant lose Game 1 on their home court. If they lose Game 1 at home that would be a disaster to their confidence. I see this much like the Cavs/Celtics series, Warriors will split the 1st 2 games in Houston, win Games 3 and 4 at home, lose Game 5 in Houston, wrap it up in 6. I think the Warriors win Game 1 and that will set the tone for the whole series. Rockets will bounce back and win Game 2 being at home again because it will be a must win and the Warriors will be content with a split. JMO's

Good prediction.  I can't really argue to much with that.  I have a bad feeling both series will go 5 though with the Cavs and Warriors winning.  I hope for both to go 7, make it more exciting.  We all know the finals will be a blood bath lol. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Jayson Tatum is 19 years old?  Really?

JJ Reddick is a free agent......He was on a one-year deal

Think about this...Danny Ainge got Jayson Tatum AND it looks like Sacramento's 2019 first rd pick (likely top 10 pick). That was the steal of the decade. What is it about Boston GMs...playing chess to everyone else's checkers. Tatum is the real deal...and he looks solidly put together..NBA body that can take the wear and tear. If he can add a consistent 3 pt shot to the rest of his game...watch out!

..anybody want Jabari Parker on the Pacers..?

23 year old....past surgery on both knees....6-8, 250 ..12.6 ppg, 4.9 rebounds.....38% on 3s

He is a restricted free agent.....I believe Milwaukee can match any offer..

....Nobody knows his potential or whether he can reach  it

No.2 overall pick in 2014.........and you don't have to give him a max deal

Jabari would scare me off. He has had major ACL surgeries on BOTH  knees. Athletically I'm not sure he could ever be that dominant guy...but I think he can be a nice role player. I can't give him big money though...just can't.

Boston 114-112.........Thank you....we don't need to hear about 'The Process' anymore..

Boston deserved to win.

Marcus Smart..if he could shoot, he'd be all-NBA

I'd rather have Rozier than Smart on this team....unless we are moving on from Lance. To me that's a duplicate player. Hard nosed combo that can't shoot very well but can switch and defend multiple positions. He is an upgrade on Lance and younger...but if you keep Lance (probably cheaper) then I see no role for Smart. Rozier however seems like he is breaking out...becoming something special. I just wonder if it's the Isiaih Thomas effect....seems anyone that steps into that role in Stevens offense just explodes and really takes off. He will have big trade value but I think Boston tries to keep him (with Kyrie's injury concerns and impending FA after next year so they have some insuarance). I would say Smart is the one that moves on. I think they want to open up big money in 2019 to re-sign Kyrie and maybe make a run at Anthony Davis. If Horford opts out they will have the room...that's pretty darn scary if you ask me. Kyrie, Hayward, Tatum, Brown, and Davis. I'd imagine if they land Davis they would probably move Brown (and get a traditional 2...and probably a good one with the talent he has).....but they have been stashing draft picks back too and will have a nice young bench to go with them. So they might end up with a starting 2 without trading Brown....and thus they may just run a rotation of Brown, Tatum, and Hayward between the 3 and 4 or line up Davis at the 4 if they want to go big. Celtics are on the cusp of being the next super team if it all plays out the way Ainge is angling.....all at the time when the Cavs and Lebron will fall away and GS will run out of money. Must be good to be a Boston fan.

As for the Pacers. We need more shooting. Whether its a lock down 3 and D guy or a deadeye shooting pg....we need more scoring. I love what Bogs and Collison and Joseph gave us but to go anywhere they need to be reserve/roll players...they just can't be counted to carry us.

4 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I wish we could go after Jaylen brown that guy is gonna have to go to the bench when Hayward gets back he could start for us and help vic 

Wouldn't Morris just go to the bench and they play Brown at the 3/4? The C's have a lot of interchangeable pieces. Can go small with Horford at the 5 or big with Baynes. They do seem to have a lot of 3's but they are all athletic and can cover most 2's.

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

You tinker around the edges...and you work through the draft. How about instead of giving up your all-star for marginal players (you are not getting Leonard...he is a superstar top 5 in the league) you trade the guy responsible for making adjustments on the court...your coach. I suspect Casey is gone....they may look at moving Valancuinus (sp) but if you continue to draft well and get guys like OG in the 20s and you can get another player of that caliber then you will get better. I'd imagine they would look at all options to move their bigs to get more athletic younger bigs....at least one or the other. Since Ibaka can shoot from the perimeter he will probably stay (plus his salary). Re-sign Vanfleet...OG gets another year better.....maybe he is that star that is about to break out. He gets more consistent with that 3 he is going to be a very very nice piece. He is barely a year removed from the ACL injury. He is going to get stronger and better. You don't blow up a 60 win team. This team can't get by Lebron 3 years in a row....did Chicago blow it up and trade their best player when they couldn't get by the Pistons? No you add an new coach. Did the Pistons blow it up when they couldn't get by the Celtics....nope you add more pieces...you don't trade your stars. You have to look at it from Toronto's perspective...they want to get better...and basically every trade involving DeRozan makes them worse....the few that makes them better like for Leonard are not possible. I heard someone say trade him for Wiggins....that stuff is just crazy. DeRozan will get better...he will work harder and get better...that's what stars do. I can tell you...losing DeRozan for Randle (who is a FA and not tradable) and Kuzma is not an upgrade (at least one that can beat Lebron). This is a good team...they have a mental hurdle..not a talent hurdle...to me it's time to bring in a new voice...play the talent a different way..and to think outside the box to beat Lebron. If Lebron goes west then I think you bring your team back...but if he stays then you start at the top...because as good as Casey is..he has proven he doesn't have the answers.

..I'm saying trade DeRozen because you can get a lot for him. That's not blowing up the team

This mix they cant fix.....obviously.....They have been to the East finals once.

I dont believe that DeRozen will get better than he is..and he's a fine player...But he's very tradable.   Its not just the last 3 years..Its not Lebron .its playoff failure

...Toronto has had post-season trouble that goes back 6 or 7 years..This team cant win the East

You're window closes if you do nothing...You have to change if you are not winning playoff series.

They cannot trade Ibaka and Lowry....he's 32 years old and makes $31 mil

Kawhi Leonard isn't a Top-5 player anymore... his injury makes him a question mark

..and you know he cant go back to San Antonio and he's under contract.. He bailed on them when they needed him. He'll be traded..(he has to be) and Toronto can get him.  (I wish the Pacers could)

But whether that happens or not....and whether they change coaches or not.

This season was their 'window'

This wont be a 60-win team next year if Boston is healthy, LBJ stays in Cleveland and Philadelphia improves at all

I say you try to find a trade partner for DeRozen ($21 mil is not prohibitive) and make a move to get better. I would trade DeRozen for Wiggins..he;s 23...

..Randle is a restricted free agent. Lakers can match any offer.

He would give them energy and he's 23.

Kuzma is a solid ..scorer ..and he's 23. You cant be afraid to change

Regular seasons don't matter..nobody knows that better than Toronto

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

..I'm saying trade DeRozen because you can get for him. That's not blowing up the team

This mix they cant fix.....obviously..

I dont believe that DeRozen will get better than he is..and he's a fine player...But he's very tradable

Its not just the last 3 years..Its not Lebron and its not about LeBron.its playoff failure

...Toronto has had post-season trouble that goes back 6 or 7 years..This team cant win the East

You're window closes...You have to change if you are not winning.

Kawhi Leonard isn't a Top-5 player anymore... his injury makes him a question mark

..and you know he cant go back to San Antonio and he's under contract.. He bailed on them when they needed him

He'll be traded..and Toronto can get him.  (I wish the Pacers could)

But whether that happens or not....and whether they change coaches or not

This wont be a 60-win team next year if Boston is healthy, LBJ stays in Cleveland and Embid doesn't get hurt.

I say you try to find a trade partner for DeRozen ($21 mil is not prohibitive) and make a move to get better.

I would trade DeRozen for Wiggins....

I think Toronto's window is closed with the DeRozan/Lowry era. They had their best chance this season with Boston having the injuries they had and LeBron having his weakest team in a while. Toronto has no chance of winning a Championship moving forward with who they have. Boston will be much better next season, Pacers are better IMO, Philly will only get better as well. Who knows where LeBron will go either?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think Toronto's window is closed with the DeRozan/Lowry era. They had their best chance this season with Boston having the injuries they had and LeBron having his weakest team in a while. Toronto has no chance of winning a Championship moving forward with who they have. Boston will be much better next season, Pacers are better IMO, Philly will only get better as well. Who knows where LeBron will go either?

Exactly....I thought this was their year....and they got swept\\They lost to the Nets and to the Wizards in the first round in 2014 and 2015

This is a winning team but as you say..there will be 3 or 4 teams as good or better next year.

You've got to keep evolving

• Like 1

...and Boston is going to be every body's problem.

Even though he didn't get a vote for coach of the year..even I think Stevens get an awful  lot out of his team every night

..and when they can play Kyrie with Tatum and Jaylen Smith.....with Hayward and Horford.

...and Smart and Rozier..and Morris on the bench.....and the big guy at center who pushes everybody around..

...I'm not sure even Golden State beats that team 4 out of 7

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

...and Boston is going to be every body's problem.

Even though he didn't get a vote for coach of the year..even I think Stevens get an awful  lot out of his team every night

..and when they can play Kyrie with Tatum and Jaylen Smith.....with Hayward and Horford.

...and Smart and Rozier..and Morris on the bench.....and the big guy at center who pushes everybody around..

...I'm not sure even Golden State beats that team 4 out of 7

Boston is going to be a bear next season! I mean scary.

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

As for the Pacers. We need more shooting. Whether its a lock down 3 and D guy or a deadeye shooting pg....we need more scoring. I love what Bogs and Collison and Joseph gave us but to go anywhere they need to be reserve/roll players...they just can't be counted to carry us.

I hope everybody understands what you just said here...

..we love our team and I dont want anyone to go.

But we won 48 games and were eliminated in the first round.

Boston 's going to be a whole lot better next year and LBJ may stay in Cleveland..with a lottery pick coming in

,.The 76ers may get more serious about winning that they are showboating and posing

If we bring back the exact same team: Best case scenario (and its not bad) We win 50 and get beat in the second round.

I'd like to try for more than that

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Boston is going to be a bear next season! I mean scary.

I think I said that Tatum was 19 years old....He had a birthday in March..he's 20 and Jaylen Smith is proving himself....playing on one leg...

..and as much as I don't like Marcus Smart..I see his value....He's their Lance...

..He may not be 'Born Ready' on offense but defensively, he's a problem

...The physical defensive style Stevens coaches works better in the post-season than it does in the regular season...

The just beat a team with superior talent and shooting and it was 4-1

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Boston 's going to be a whole lot better next year and LBJ may stay in Cleveland..with a lottery pick coming in

,.The 76ers may get more serious about winning that they are showboating and posing

If we bring back the exact same team: Best case scenario (and its not bad) We win 50 and get beat in the second round.

It was our first year together and we won 48 and lost to the best player on the planet in 7 games. I think even if we make no moves and just bring everyone back we improve and win over 50 games and finish Top 4.

• Thanks 1

..as for the Pacers.....

.....I'm not seeing an obvious path forward for us....We don't have a ton of money..

If the 76ers give up Bellinelli...or Illyasova  maybe we can use him as a bench shooter..

But the list of players I dont want to give up is too long and maybe unrealistic

Victor, Lance. Thad Young...Turner, Sabonis, Collison,  Glenn Robinson, Bogdonavic

To improve.....all we have to deal is the expiring contract of Al Jefferson

We need a 'steal' at No. 23 in the draft

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was our first year together and we won 48 and lost to the best player on the planet in 7 games. I think even if we make no moves and just bring everyone back we improve and win over 50 games and finish Top 4.

That may be the best thing to do......

......we don't have $25 mil to sign a free agent without declining the team options on Bogdonavic and Collision, right?

Collison just had his best year in his career,...and Bogdonavic is our only pure shooter..we cant afford to deal him

We badly need TJ Leaf to get better so we can put him out there 20 minutes a game..He is a good shooter.

And Nate didn't trust Glenn Robinson in the playoffs which tells me he wasn't 100%

We might be best simply returning all our players who we already have under contract. I'm coming around to that way of thinking

• Like 1

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

..I'm saying trade DeRozen because you can get a lot for him. That's not blowing up the team

This mix they cant fix.....obviously.....They have been to the East finals once.

I dont believe that DeRozen will get better than he is..and he's a fine player...But he's very tradable.   Its not just the last 3 years..Its not Lebron .its playoff failure

You're window closes if you do nothing...You have to change if you are not winning playoff series.

..and you know he cant go back to San Antonio and he's under contract.. He bailed on them when they needed him. He'll be traded..(he has to be) and Toronto can get him.  (I wish the Pacers could)

But whether that happens or not....and whether they change coaches or not.

This season was their 'window'

This wont be a 60-win team next year if Boston is healthy, LBJ stays in Cleveland and Philadelphia improves at all

I say you try to find a trade partner for DeRozen ($21 mil is not prohibitive) and make a move to get better. I would trade DeRozen for Wiggins..he;s 23...

..Randle is a restricted free agent. Lakers can match any offer.

He would give them energy and he's 23.

Kuzma is a solid ..scorer ..and he's 23. You cant be afraid to change

Regular seasons don't matter..nobody knows that better than Toronto

You trade Derozan for Wiggins that team is worse. Wiggins hasn't demonstrated AT ALL he can do anything but play off the ball and slash. You trade Demar for Kuzma and Randle...that team is worse. Those two play same positionas Ibaka who is better and your paying a fortune and OG who is an young up and coming player for you. You just said Lowery and Ibaka are 32. Hmmm...I think I would be moving them then Derozan who is 28 and in his prime. There are some very good teams that are essentially a veteran pg away from competing. Or need a stretch 4. You may have to eat a bad contract or not get as much back but you can move on from older players especially ones that are talented. Sometimes its as easy as throwing in a draft pick or adding a young player the other team likes. By moving Demar your telling me you want to rebuild around Lowery and Ibaka?? You are very much underselling Leonard as well. It may be over in SA but they aren't going to just give him away. He is a top 5 MVP candidate and will be for some time. He is only 26. His injury isn't career threatening. I'm not trying to argue...and I'm not trying to say Toronto doesn't need to make a change...but they have a ton of talent...sometimes you just need a new voice. A new system. As a GM I'm trying to keep my job. Even if a product isn't capable of winning it all I'm going to win as many games as possible and put butts in the seats. Lots of teams know they aren't going to win it all and decide on putting a competitive product on the floor and bringing in money as opposed to just tearing it down and going through "the process" which would be how you are going to have any shot at getting enough pieces to win a championship. Demar had a bad playoffs...I get it..but he isn't the problem on this team. Toronto is stagnet...they aren't evolving with the other teams. They don't run well...they play slow big lineups...they were very poor at matching up and making adjustments. To me that is the coach. You can go 82 games doing the same thing and win a lot. Winning on just your talent alone. They struggle in a series...when teams see each other 7 times in 2 weeks. The other teams are adjusting and Casey just isn't doing it. I know he is COY but sorry what works in regular season like you said doesn't in playoffs. That isn't Demar's fault...that's the system. I see this team tinkering around the edges...and more than likely making a coaching change. If it fails again then I'd expect whole sale changes. I just don't know why your dead set on trading your best player who is 28 but keeping the two 32 year olds. Or keeping your plodding center that belongs in 2010. If I had to guess now...they let Casey walk...they try to move Valanchunis (sp) and Lowery (re-sign Vanfleet). Lowery may not net you top dollar but it opens up playing time for Vanfleet who I like and possibly a team like the 76ers who could use more of a shoot first pg because they have a point forward in Simmons or maybe the Bucks didn't like how Bledsoe is working out for them. There are options out there. Not going to be many trades that would make the Raptors better that another team would commit to..so Casey getting fired is my bet.

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I love how this team competes. I love that they are more than the sum of their parts. This team is unselfish and hard working and has a great TEAM Chemistry. That said they just don't have the fire power that will be necessary to get to the finals as constructed. Even if the young guys step up (Turner, Dipo, Sabonis) it just isn't enough. We definitely need to hit on the draft pick....get a nice late round steal....or perhaps we package a couple guys to either move up in the draft or maybe we move Jefferson (an expiring deal) for a pick and a bad contract. I don't really want to do that because the 19 free agency should be so good. Whatever we do I want to be as lean as possible going into that offseason. We have cap flexibility...let's not give that up for some marginal talent. Gotta swing big!

2 minutes ago, MTC said:

Raptors fired HC Dwayne Casey per Woj.

Not to say I told you so  @oldunclemark...lol...happened even faster than I thought.

Doesn't mean they won't make other changes but it was clear they have talent but the system and his adjustments in the playoffs weren't impressing anyone. I would just be shocked if Demar is moved.

4 minutes ago, MTC said:

Raptors fired HC Dwayne Casey per Woj.

Predictable. No one was going to survive that sweep as a #1 seed with HFA. I feel Mark Jackson or Mike Brown would be good candidates, ready for their next HC gig.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Predictable. No one was going to survive that sweep as a #1 seed with HFA. I feel Mark Jackson or Mike Brown would be good candidates, ready for their next HC gig.

Would not be surprised if they go in-house with either Jerry Stackhouse or Nick Nurse.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MTC said:

Would not be surprised if they go in-house with either Jerry Stackhouse or Nick Nurse.

Seemed Stackhouse has been getting a lot of looks for a HC job in different circles. Guess it would depend on if he would run some different sets and change how they play...after all if he just continues what Casey was doing then that doesn't make much sense to keep him. I doubt they are done making changes but I'd be shocked if they tore the whole thing down.

21 hours ago, dgambill said:

I love how this team competes. I love that they are more than the sum of their parts. This team is unselfish and hard working and has a great TEAM Chemistry. That said they just don't have the fire power that will be necessary to get to the finals as constructed. Even if the young guys step up (Turner, Dipo, Sabonis) it just isn't enough. We definitely need to hit on the draft pick....get a nice late round steal....or perhaps we package a couple guys to either move up in the draft or maybe we move Jefferson (an expiring deal) for a pick and a bad contract. I don't really want to do that because the 19 free agency should be so good. Whatever we do I want to be as lean as possible going into that offseason. We have cap flexibility...let's not give that up for some marginal talent. Gotta swing big!

Unless I am mistaken only Leaf, Sabonis and Oladipo are under contract for 2020-2021.

..but I disgaree..I WOULD move Big Al  for a pick and an expiring contract.

Got to add something for next year......beyond that is unclear for us

I guess I'm just not comfortable waiting for the summer of 2019-2020..

21 hours ago, dgambill said:

Not to say I told you so  @oldunclemark...lol...happened even faster than I thought.

Doesn't mean they won't make other changes but it was clear they have talent but the system and his adjustments in the playoffs weren't impressing anyone. I would just be shocked if Demar is moved.

Folks predicted this in the fourth quarter of Game 2 against the Cavs...and they must make other changes to go deeper in the playoffs. They know it.....

DeRozen is the player they can get the most for..and he has a reasonable contract..

Don't be shocked.

19 hours ago, aaron11 said:

if turner and sabonis cant play well together then trade one of them 

I agree.....there has to me a concept that would have Turner as a center and rim protector on defense..and a forward on offense   Sabonis is too good to be a 20 minute per game backup.

But if it cant work..

I'd trade our No.1 and Myles Turner to Washington for DeRozen.

Myles isn't signed beyond next year

Edited by oldunclemark

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

DeMar DeRozan disappears in the playoffs, and it's Dwayne Casey that gets fired.  Hard to blame the coach when the franchise player is playing so poorly at the most important time

That's another  reason I'd consider a trade... I dont think Lowry and DeRozen play well together

I think DeRozen to San Antonio for Kawhi Leonard is a deal that just cries out to be made

11 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

DeMar DeRozan disappears in the playoffs, and it's Dwayne Casey that gets fired.  Hard to blame the coach when the franchise player is playing so poorly at the most important time

Yeah the guy gets Coach of the Year and then gets fired. I don't think that has ever happened. Mark Jackson would be a nice hire for them IMO.

32 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's another  reason I'd consider a trade... I dont think Lowry and DeRozen play well together

I think DeRozen to San Antonio for Kawhi Leonard is a deal that just cries out to be made

Terrible deal for the spurs lol

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

.....the Spurs don't have a choice..

Kawhi wont play for them anymore..they;d be happy top get DeRozen for him

No one said he wont play for them anymore and if they do want to trade him the whole league will be throwing players at them way better than DeRozen

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

No one said he wont play for them anymore and if they do want to trade him the whole league will be throwing players at them way better than DeRozen

Read about it from some San Antonio web sites..

He doesn't trust the team doctors.....he feels they wanted him to play hurt....and didn't believe him when he said he was hurt....his family doesn't want him to go back .....and his teammates arent exactly begging him to come back.

A lot of people are saying he wont play for them anymore...

......DeRozen averages  22 a game....both are under contract..

The deal just makes sense to me.  Change of scenery.

But again, if Toronto or SA would rather have Myles Turner........a certain Midwest team could make that deal..

34 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

He doesn't trust the team doctors.....he feels they wanted him to play hurt....and didn't believe him when he said he was hurt....his family doesn't want him to go back .....and his teammates arent exactly begging him to come back.

But again, if Toronto or SA would rather have Myles Turner........a certain Midwest team could make that deal..

This is going to be one of the most interesting and entertaining off seasons of all-time. What does Toronto do now? What will LeBron do assuming they do lose? What do the Spurs do regarding Leonard? What moves, if any do the Pacers make? What does Paul George do? Will Philly try and add anyone? Can the Lakers add 2 SuperStars?

5 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

The Spurs would never do that.  They'd be getting hosed big time.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23445260/four-toronto-raptors-trades-see-demar-derozan-more-nba

Some interesting trade possibilities from ESPN.  The Wiggins one and Kawhi ones are the most intriguing, in my opinion.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Like I said they will get way more offers than a crappy DeRozen that disappears in the playoffs it's cool that he only plays good in the regular season. 

4 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

The Spurs would never do that.  They'd be getting hosed big time.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23445260/four-toronto-raptors-trades-see-demar-derozan-more-nba

Some interesting trade possibilities from ESPN.  The Wiggins one and Kawhi ones are the most intriguing, in my opinion.

Those are interesting..

The DeRozen to San Antonio deal they lay out really favors the Spurs, though. Toronto wont give up DeRozen and OG

Supe....I think San Antonio MUST trade Leonard the same way we HAD TO trade Paul George.

They don't have a choice...

Does anybody truly see a scenario where Kawhi goes back to San Antonio and continues his playing career.

I do not.

Edited by oldunclemark