Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to hit the bed bud, work tomorrow at 5am. Glad we got a Game 7! As long the REFS don't interfere with goofy crap I like our chances. Oladipo didn't disappoint tonight.

Rest easy...we've got this one

• Like 2
  • Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IMO Paul George failed at giving an honest 100% effort every night on both ends of floor and being a leader . He has the me me me syndrome, nothing against you my friend I like you . that is and has b

Mark is on an island here. I wouldn't waste too much energy on changing his mind. This team is going to the promise land.. woot.

Love how all the mainstream sports media outlets are talking about what went wrong with the Cavs and LeBron instead of praising the Pacers. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Someone please try to tell me we are not the better team lol

There's no doubt the Pacers are the better team.  Victor only shot 15 for 50 the last 3 games, battle questionable calls and not hitting shots when it counts is the only reason the Pacers don't have them wrapped up.  

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

There's no doubt the Pacers are the better team.  Victor only shot 15 for 50 the last 3 games, battle questionable calls and not hitting shots when it counts is the only reason the Pacers don't have them wrapped up.  

You got that right I honestly mean it when i say the Cavs are lucky they were not swept 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

That missed goal tending call.....I know its over and done..

But I just wonder if LBJ hits that 3 (or even takes a 3)...if we're up 2 at the end of  game 5.

Nobody played more than 34 minutes tonight

• Like 1
Just now, oldunclemark said:

We act like we're going to win this series.....we really do.

And they arent sure

wow..we're so far up we're playing scrubs in Game 6 of a playoff series

Yeah I agree, I do expect a ridiculously focused and dominant LBJ though who's going to be very difficult to just contain.  Just can't let them stand on the perimeter shooting 50% from the triple as he drives and dishes.  Limit the turnovers, play focused with quality shots like they did today.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Good day for Indiana sports,  you got Ballard filling the trenches, Pacers taking the Cavs to game 7.  It's been a good Friday.  

IT was..those were some good choices...I know everybody isnt happy but the picks but we needed the linemen..

..and the Pacers....man..we were supposed to win 31...we were supposed to get swept..

121-87..

Now...we play the biggest game in 4 or 5 years Sunday...with a real chance to win.

Sunday will be the 11th meeting of the Cavs and the Pacers this season.

Edited by oldunclemark
2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

IT was..those were some good choices...I know everybody isnt happy but the picks but we needed the linemen..

..and the Pacers....man..we were supposed to win 31...we were supposed to get swept..

121-87..

Now...we play the biggest game in 4 or 5 years Sunday...with a real chance to win.

Sunday will be the 11th meeting of the Cavs and the Pacers this season.

,Mark we crushed them game 1 and again game 6 They need 40 from LBJ plus the goaltend game 5 and 15 more free throw attempts game 2 to even get to game 7. They have squeaked by by 3 4 3 points. We should win game 7. 

Russell Westbrook is a bad man 

Had it not been for the REFS shenanigans at the end of Game 5, this would be over. I could even make a strong case we should've won this in 5. Game 2 was really the only game we have been outplayed. We were ahead late in Game 4 and got cheated in Game 5. We blew them out in Games 1 and 6. They have the best player in the series = LeBron but I think we have a deeper team, better Big's, and Oladipo is a SuperStar but he's just young.

• Like 2

Glad the Pacers pushed this to a game 7 against the Cavs/Refs. I was ready to stop watching basketball until next year if my two teams were out of it, Pacers/Spurs.

Going to have to build a commanding lead like last night and maintain it throughout the game so the refs and the NBA don’t put in the fix for their golden boy Le’flop! Sorry to be such a conspiracy theorist but with what I’ve seen him get away with this series it just makes me want to vomit.

/rant.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Glad the Pacers pushed this to a game 7 against the Cavs/Refs. I was ready to stop watching basketball until next year if my two teams were out of it, Pacers/Spurs.

Going to have to build a commanding lead like last night and maintain it throughout the game so the refs and the NBA don’t put in the fix for their golden boy Le’flop! Sorry to be such a conspiracy theorist but with what I’ve seen him get away with this series it just makes me want to vomit.

/rant.

I agree I wont feel safe unless we have a 10 point lead with like 3 minutes to go. If it's less than 10, I fear the REFS will do everything in their power to give the Cavs the game. As a lifelong Pacers fan I have seen it forever vs the Knicks (90's), vs the Bulls (90's), vs the Heat (2013), and so on.

• Like 1
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Going back to the Reggie Miller era we have had many great moments in Playoff play, this Game 3 belongs on that list IMO. Listed by season here are what games that were classics:

1994 - Game 5(ECFinals) at NY. Reggie Miller scores 25 Points in the 4th Qtr, taunts Spike Lee, and the Pacers took a 3-2 series lead. Unfortunately we lost Games 6 and 7.

1995 - Game 1(2nd Round) at NY. Reggie Miller scores 8 points in the last 9 seconds to steal Game 1 107-105. Pacers went on to win the series in 7 games.

1995 - Game 7(2nd Round) at NY. Pacers win at NY 97-95 to advance to ECFinals.

1995 - Game 4(ECFinals) vs Orlando. Pacers beat Orlando on a Rik Smits buzzer beater 94-93 to tie series at 2-2.

1998 - Game 4(ECFinals) vs Chicago. Reggie Miller hits game winning 3 with 1 second left to tie series at 2-2.

1998 - Game 6(ECFinals) vs Chicago. Pacers beat Chicago to force a Game 7. Back then nobody took Jordan's Bulls 7. Unfortunately we lost Game 7.

2000 - Game 6(ECFinals) at NY. Pacers win at NY and advance to the Finals winning the Eastern Conference! Reggie's 1st and only Finals.

2000 - Game 3(NBA Finals) vs Lakers. Pacers win their first NBA Finals game in franchise history to make it a series, only down 2-1 at the time. Unfortunately we lost in 6 games.

2013 - Game 6(ECFinals) vs Miami. Pacers defeat Miami to force a Game 7 against LeBron. The Paul George era had arrived bigtime. Unfortunately we lost Game 7.

2018 - Game 3(1st Round) vs Cleveland. Pacers comeback from 17 points down and win 92-90 to take a 2-1 series lead against a guy in LeBron that has never lost a 1st Round series in his career. The Oladipo era is here to stay!

-Choose your favorite moment.

Lets throw in last night's Game 6 rout of 121-87 to force a Game 7! Just something to get people fired up for Game 7 looking at all these Great Playoff wins.

• Like 1

If we win Game 7 at Cleveland and beat LeBron, it may be the best win in Pacers history. Reasons I say that is, we haven't won a Championship, LeBron is a Top 10 player ever and has never lost in Round 1, and 95% of the National Media had the Cavs in 4 or 5. I say 95% of the National Media because as some have pointed out, there have been like 1 or 2 people that picked it to go 7.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Someone please try to tell me we are not the better team lol

We definitely are IMO. The only real reason we lost 2 in a row to these guys is we played too sloppy. When we play clean ball like we did last night we are absolutely better than Cleveland.

12 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I agree, I do expect a ridiculously focused and dominant LBJ though who's going to be very difficult to just contain.  Just can't let them stand on the perimeter shooting 50% from the triple as he drives and dishes.  Limit the turnovers, play focused with quality shots like they did today.  

Yup. LeBron will probably go for 40 or so. Dipo will need to come close to matching it as he can.

55 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yup. LeBron will probably go for 40 or so. Dipo will need to come close to matching it as he can.

Depends on how we play him.

Do we let him go 1-on-1 and cover the 3-shooters.

Or do we double team him....and take our chances with guys like Love, JR and Korver

Same thing its been all series..If we want to speed up the game,. we double LBJ and try to outscore them because Korver will make shots.

But if we let him go 1-on-1, he will score and he will get the calls...

For some reason, LeBron tried a lot of fade away jumpers and long 3s  Friday.

Maybe the score motivated him to shoot 3s....

Collison was much better last night....at both ends of the floor...

.........They cant play Calderon if Collison is all over him..

..and that makes LBJ the point guard all night

..and when he's the point guard..Love and Korver and Clarkson and Hill don't get the ball as much..

..and we win.

Collison is a big key

Things ended a bit ugly for OKC..96=91 at Utah...and they're done...

Paul George scored just 5 points   2 of 16,...6 turnovers..

....If I had to guess.....Magic Johnson will be calling him next week

Carmelo?...he's under contact for next season at $28 mil

Edited by oldunclemark

We play the early Sunday game...1 p.m..

......as the team that doesnt rely on over-30 players, that's probably good, right?

George Hill ..still not 100% (back injury) but will attempt to play in game 7

Edited by oldunclemark
2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

didnt paul george say victor would be his first choice to play with? 

does anyone even want him back?  im torn

I would love to have him back. He would know his role and would know Vic is the #1 option at this point. I think PG wouldn't even mind that to be honest, less pressure on him. He isn't a guy that is a Chemistry wrecker like Melo either. + he can play Great D.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

didnt paul george say victor would be his first choice to play with? 

does anyone even want him back?  im torn

I hear you..I know how odd it seems but if you add Paul George to the Pacers team as it presently stands, we add a 20-point scorer and the defender to go against LeBron and Phily's Bobby Simmons and the Bucks' Giannis,

He would fit in because he doesn't need to handle the ball all the time.

I'd offer him what Vic makes....if he is serious

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to have him back. He would know his role and would know Vic is the #1 option at this point. I think PG wouldn't even mind that to be honest, less pressure on him. He isn't a guy that is a Chemistry wrecker like Melo either. + he can play Great D.

.....Paul would be welcomed back by our fans the same way LBJ was welcomed back in Cleveland.

Things that were said...would be forgotten...

I respect his desire to play In LA...  But we're a little closer to winning the conference than the Lakers are.

He can sign for two years with us ..make a title run and end his career in LA..

• Like 1

I had forgotten that Paul has a player option on his contract that he can sign to stay in OKC, if the wants to.

The truth is probably, even if he wants to stay in OKC (and I don't think he does), he'll opt out of his contract to sign a better one.

Its not easy to play with Russell Westbrook........ask Victor (and Kevin Durant)

46 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Game 7:     Boston 30, Milwaukee 17 after one quarter..

....Bucks don't seem confident in Game 7 on the road.....hope we are

If we are in attack mode, i don't think they can stop us, and if Lance plays like Lance at home *GOOD LANCE* I see us winning but again I don't know if NBA will allow such because imagine the rating of NBA without LeBron in playoff also the competition it has been brewing for years between LeBron and GSW etc. However, I would love to see Pacers beat CAVS and move on to Raptors who I know will be alone cheering for pacers in Canada lol 

22 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

If we are in attack mode, i don't think they can stop us, and if Lance plays like Lance at home *GOOD LANCE* I see us winning but again I don't know if NBA will allow such because imagine the rating of NBA without LeBron in playoff also the competition it has been brewing for years between LeBron and GSW etc. However, I would love to see Pacers beat CAVS and move on to Raptors who I know will be alone cheering for pacers in Canada lol 

Welcome to the NBA thread CFC. Feel free to stop by anytime.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Welcome to the NBA thread CFC. Feel free to stop by anytime.

Thanks bro I had my old account but for some reason facebook login does not work so had to make new account. 

Just now, oldunclemark said:

GAME 7: Boston 89, Milwaukee 77     7:20 to go....

.....Boston is still tough to beat at home...the 76ers would not have home court in the East semifinals would they?

Boston is hard to beat but sixers is much better team overall 

• Like 1