Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

7 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Adding IT and possibly Tatum plus maybe picks? Not sure everything in the deal yet. 

Kyrie to Boston.

IT, Crowder, the 2018 Nets pick and Ante Zizic to the Cavs.

One thing for sure......this tells me Boston was hesitant about a long term deal next offseason with IT and his lingering hip issues.

This is just so bizarre as hell. WOW. Kyrie is a Celtic. Kobe is his mentor and he is probably like "Okay I was in L.A. now you get Boston." lmao 

This is insane.

You could next year have Lebron on the Lakers face Kyrie on the Celtics.......IN THE FINALS.:eek:

Only problem is this puts huge pressure on the Celtics now to beat Cleveland in the postseason. Ouch.

But at the same time it makes a fun rivalry develop.

Still just find this so bizarre. I have to think the Celtics really did want to dump IT having doubts with his size and injuries for a long term deal he wanted next offseason.

For this season it is not bad at all for Cleveland since they have such limited cap space and IT/Crowder combined only make like what 13 to 14 million? Crowder has an easy deal for some time. 

Next offseason is when it gets dicey since Lebron will need to get paid and so will IT. IT has already hinted he wants big money.

Maybe they both bolt after this year.......

With Kyrie, the old GM claims Boston was on his list too and I am sure Kyrie will be happy since he apparently hates Lebron and he gets to play for Boston which is closer to being like his idol Kobe who played for L.A. with market/fanbase size.

But wow what a difference in the Celtics lineup this year too. Adding in Hayward/Kyrie........WOW.  Big influx of talent added into Boston and now Brad Stevens has to make it all work.

1 hour ago, IndyScribe said:

Not Tatum. The trade details have already been released. Cavs don't really get strong enough to beat the Warriors. 

How does Isiah play with LeBron.....

....I didn't see this coming.

The problems isn't that Thomas, LBJ and Love wont be good..

,.the problem is that they really bulked up Boston..their main competitor in the East

Is Boston now 'Kyrie's team' ?

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Is Boston now 'Kyrie's team' ?

Kyrie, Hayward, Horford etc.......But we know who is getting the ball in crunch time now and it's clearly Kyrie.

For Kyrie he should be thrilled, he wanted out of Cleveland and he gets to go to a large market and to a contending team with a great head coach and if he has it in him he can even stick it to Lebron.

Boston fans might have a tough time grasping this since IT was a fan favorite, but Kyrie also has 2 to 3 years left on his deal so they can relax there. While with IT he wanted max money next offseason.

• Like 1

This is the ideal trade for the Cavs, imo. Lebron is likely gone after this season. They get a pick and a young player along with a couple of veterans to keep them in the hunt.

I don't think they were likely to put together a team better than the Warriors but one injury/suspension can change a series. They made the Celtics better but I would still have a hard time betting against Lebron. (Warriors being the exception)

10 minutes ago, ar7 said:

This is the ideal trade for the Cavs, imo. Lebron is likely gone after this season. They get a pick and a young player along with a couple of veterans to keep them in the hunt.

I don't think they were likely to put together a team better than the Warriors but one injury/suspension can change a series. They made the Celtics better but I would still have a hard time betting against Lebron. (Warriors being the exception)

Yeah I think the Cavs won this trade but slightly. Like I said earlier it's pretty even but if IT can still healthy, it's a good deal for the Cavs. Kyrie wanted out of Cleveland anyway.

Even trade for next year but the future?  Celtics won.  IT+LeBron will both be gone next year, Love will be traded, the Cavs will have a top pick if the Nets stink but they'll be starting over.  Celtics will have Irving, Hayward,Jaylen Brown/Jason Tatum Horford as their core.  They also have the Lakers top pick next year and may not be done wheeling and dealing.  If they get a rim protector(even like a Robin Lopez) they are better prepared for the long run.  Irving's the superior player.  It's crazy to think Boston made the eastern conference finals last year and only have 4 players back from that team this upcoming year.  That takes some guts!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Even trade for next year but the future?  Celtics won.  IT+LeBron will both be gone next year, Love will be traded, the Cavs will have a top pick if the Nets stink but they'll be starting over.  Celtics will have Irving, Hayward,Jaylen Brown/Jason Tatum Horford as their core.  They also have the Lakers top pick next year and may not be done wheeling and dealing.  If they get a rim protector(even like a Robin Lopez) they are better prepared for the long run.  Irving's the superior player.  It's crazy to think Boston made the eastern conference finals last year and only have 4 players back from that team this upcoming year.  That takes some guts!

The fact that the Celtics didn't give up Tatum or Brown gives them the win. Celtics have a legit chance

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

The fact that the Celtics didn't give up Tatum or Brown gives them the win. Celtics have a legit chance

We'll see how they click but I think they have a chance next year even.  Beyond next year they'll have a really good chance pending where LeBron ends up.  I think the trade was even as far as next year goes but beyond that, the Celtics won. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jules said:

Cavs fans sound higher on Crowder then IT.

Because he plays defense and can take some burden off Lebron on that end of the floor.....problem is IT is a defensive nightmare....worst defensive player in the league...even worse than Steph....you can't hid the kid....he will get ABUSED in Cleveland....in Boston they tried to hid him like Warriors do Steph...they had enough defensive studs like Avery Bradley, Smart, and Rozier to cover up for him...and their defensive scheme....Cleveland has nothing...nobody plays defense on that team except a 37 yr old Richard Jefferson and occasionally Iman Shumpert who is offensively useless. Plus IT might have issues playing off the ball considering Lebron handles it so much...we saw Kyrie get better at shooting the 3 and playing off the ball...it will be a big adjustment to work IT in that way....plus IT isn't healthy...so lots of question marks for the Cavs I feel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like what the Cavs did here because they got the Nets pick in the Draft next season which may even be a #1 pick. IT and Kyrie are pretty even players. Kyrie may be slightly better because he has more size but IT is a beast as well. Crowder is a Good Role Player so the Cavs did solid here.

I think the proof will be in the pudding. I don't think the Nets pick will be top 5....likely 6-10 imo....Nets have improved their roster this offseason significantly over last years....and the East sucks lol. I think Kyrie is a much better player than IT....better on both ends actually. Plus he is younger and healthy...unlike Thomas's hip issues. I do think it comes down to how the Cavs use this pick....do they go out and try to get a player to help right now by trading it??? Do they hang on to it and rebuild with it when IT and Lebron leave this offseason? I'd imagine they would have tons of caps space plus could get a good pick. Boston I think got much better this offseason. I think they could have made some better moves but Heyward will play off Kyrie wonderfully!! They got much better shooting and skill wise. It really comes down to if Brown and Tatum develop....they opened up playing room for both and Smart should have a chance to take that next step. I think Stevens will be thrilled. The big chip will be that draft pick in how this all turns out...but I think Cleveland was smart...Lebron can't say they aren't trying now...and yet they have a chip to use this offseason if he leaves to start the rebuild. Heck they can even trade Kevin Love too and maybe have two top 10 picks to jump start things. Its a win win I think....question really is should Celtics have made their big move for Kyrie...or should they had use the picks and assets for PG or Jimmy Butler and kept IT...it will be interesting to see how it works out. I personally have my doubts that IT would have been a long term solution so I think Kyrie is the better fit.

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

We'll see how they click but I think they have a chance next year even.  Beyond next year they'll have a really good chance pending where LeBron ends up.  I think the trade was even as far as next year goes but beyond that, the Celtics won. 

Celtics could very well win next season. LeBron's swan song in Cleveland will be a conference finals loss

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

Celtics could very well win next season. LeBron's swan song in Cleveland will be a conference finals loss

I agree.  The Celtics are going to be an exciting team.  If Washington can pick up one more player, they will be a threat in the East as well, I like both teams.  I will be curious where LeBron ends up next year. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

haha How awkward would that locker room be?

Real awkward. I remember when the Jazz traded Ostertag for Rony Seikaly in 1998 and then it got voided because dumb butt Rony hated Utah and wanted to stay in New Jersey of all places and they were 20-62 that season lmao. Jazz still made the Finals but lost to Chicago. Rony was a Good Center and had they had them, Jazz may have won it all. Ostertag was never the same and played lousy in the Finals.

• Like 1